GUILTY WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I googled his name and didn't see anything new. Are you referring to the comments he made about Laura?

Did you google the name of L's father?
Maybe I missed the concerning information earlier. Shocking really, if he has* her children.

*L's children no longer with person in question.

Did you google the name of L's father?
Maybe I missed the concerning information earlier. Shocking really, if he has her children.

Woe.be.gone ~ MN Sleuth posted today re: L's children, her Father lost custody in 2010 (page 7 on this thread)

Laura's children have not been with her father since 2010. They have been back with their biological father the last couple years. They were only with Laura's Dad for a short period.

Wow! This is looks *way* worse for the West Allis police than I ever suspected (and that's saying a lot, btw)

So, the department knew that he was stalking, sexually harassing, abusing his authority, in a serial manner with not one but *multiple*women who'd come forward while he was on the force and they did absolutely nothing to stop it other than reprimand him and put it in his file?

Seriously? The list of his infractions is frankly shocking and makes me think that the West Allis police force absolutely doesn't give a S*** about women or enforcing any laws meant to protect them.

To recap just a few things from that article:

The department also had complaints from at least one young woman that he'd pretty much sexually harassed and intimidated her using a supposed parking infraction as leverage.

The department had complaints from *multiple* women employed as strippers at two different bars that he stalked and intimidated them while in uniform using the power of his legal authority.

In at least one case he physically stopped yet another woman *twice* from being able to leave her place of work by blocking her exit with his patrol car.

The department determined that he was able to stalk many of these women over a period of years even though they took great lengths to change their address and phone numbers to try and hide from him by *using the department's databases to track the women down again* but they still didn't fire or punish him....

And it wasn't until that final poor woman was able to escape from his apartment (and in all probability death or something close to it) that they decided to invite him to resign as they were now considering firing him?!?

And because there was never a trial and everything stayed secret thousands of women were allowed to become future potential victims since he was able to continue to work regularly as a security guard (one of these side security jobs while all this was going on was in a hotel- and what better place for a serial stalker/sexual harrasser?)

I've heard of, and even personally experienced, a lot of police corruption, brutality, and cover-ups in my time. But this still made my jaw drop.

What a psycho! I'm not surprised SZ is a stalker. I'm upset but not surprised that LE did nothing to stop him.

I agree. I think the newest article on SZ is the tip of the iceberg. Are we being primed by the media for more ugly disclosures?

I know it's been frustrating, but I do believe LE is keeping information close to the vest. I think we'll hear more as court proceedings progress. I have a feeling this is so much more to the story than the two victims we know of. I kind of dread hearing what else this twisted person may have done.

Wow. I am not surprised but it is still shocking to read. I agree just the tip of the iceberg. These were all things that happened before 2001. Just imagine what has been going on for the past 13 years when he was not with the police force. Psycho, stalker, sleaze, I really think he is a serial killer and more victims will be found.

No, that's not it. But those flood the first many pages of results. So try setting the time parameters of the search for results before Laura's body was found. I think I used 01/01/2000-01/01/2014 with success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do I filter search results by date?! I didn't know that was even possible... (I've looked under advance search on google and didn't see anything)

Wow. I am not surprised but it is still shocking to read. I agree just the tip of the iceberg. These were all things that happened before 2001. Just imagine what has been going on for the past 13 years when he was not with the police force. Psycho, stalker, sleaze, I really think he is a serial killer and more victims will be found.

I fear the same after reading what he did whilst under the guidelines and supervision of the police department - VERY scary to think of what he might have done alone without anyone holding him accountable for his actions.

I agree that he probably escalated from the already terrible things he was doing after he left the police force, but imo he was never "held accountable for his actions" while he was there, so why wouldn't he emboldened by that experience and decide he could do whatever he wanted with impunity once he was out?

I don't know if posting all the details at once is preferred or if you would prefer to ask questions, so please let me know what would be most helpful for you.

Snipped for space.

Wow, thank you for sharing. I don't think anyone will judge you, and I am glad you are in a better place emotionally now!

Would you mind saying the location or general area this was in?

How do I filter search results by date?! I didn't know that was even possible... (I've looked under advance search on google and didn't see anything)

From the Google start page, choose "search tools". Then click on the arrow next to "Any Time" and a menu will appear. Choose "custom range" at the bottom of the list.

Oh my, from the article: "Beginning in 1995, he worked security at the Sheraton Hotel in Brookfield while off-duty."

How long did he work there? Are there any disciplinary actions in his file from there? As security, he had a 24/7 all access pass to rooms, rooms where single women stayed, which were sleeping & vulnerable. OMG Are there any unsolved cases of rape and/or assault or murder from that hotel? Any women that were assaulted and never filed a report? Flippin scary and mindblowing that he had that kind of access.

Also, now its coming to light why my dad said his nickname was "zilch". My dad retired in mid 90s, and already knew SZ was a .

NotMeAnymore

During the three times you met with him, do you recall if your breathing was more constricted during the third encounter and/or if your breathing was constricted for longer periods of time? I'm just wondering if he became more intense with each meeting or if he kept the same intensity. (Sorry, I don't know the correct verbiage to use. Hopefully you kwim.)

A must see video with this article.
A much younger image of SZ at 27 yrs old shown on/in the video at the below link, 6'2" and 220 lbs!! He was definitely using an older photo on his websites- they show side by side photo comparison from then and now.
SZ's annual evaluations from WAPD have been released to reporters, some interesting statements:
"As late as February of 2001, months before he resigned, according to an evaluation Zelich was known for his knowledge, reliability, and maturity.....In that evaluation, persuasiveness was listed an area of strength, his natural ability to persuaded people to conform to a certain direction of action.
Zelich, the son of a Milwaukee Officer, was described by Mequon police while applying to West Allis as an excellent officer.
The knock on him during his time with West Allis was his lack of initiative.
He frequently had low arrest numbers.
He was reprimanded three times for a number of reasons between December of 1993 and October of 1994 and was suspended once in 1996 for failing to report an accident while on duty."
"was once praised for maintaining strong self control and displaying strong emotional adjustment and stability"
"Zelich was also considered at one point to be one of the top patrol officers on his shift and in his division"

http://www.cbs58.com/news/local-news/Steven-Zelichs-Officer-Evaluations-266526241.html

There was just an interesting report on Milwaukee TMJ4. They have been going over Zelich's nearly 1000 page personnel file.

Key points:

-While a West Allis cop, he was investigated for "Neglect of Duty," "Unbecoming Conduct," and "Abuse of Position."

-The internal affairs investigation into the "prostitute" situation shows that the then chief told Zelich, "If you were a private citizen and the same thing occurred, we would have arrested you for at least disorderly conduct." Zelich received a 20 day suspension and told internal affairs that he didn't think he did anything wrong.

-Weeks later, women started complaining about Zelich and another internal investigation began. Zelich was spending time at strip clubs while on duty and harassing women in the parking lot. They placed him on desk duty in late July, 2001 and he resigned by the first of August.

-Also while with the force, Zelich was reprimanded for insubordination and poor police work-

Yes. There is a running joke around hare to WATCH OUT for the cops.

No, it was about the same each time. The third time he was a lot more about me following rules and being more obedient as training for when he took me to Wisconsin but he did the breathing thing about the same as he'd done the times before. The only thing different was the activities he did. It was less sex and more training.

Also, he was a chain smoker. He really liked his cigarettes and that didn't help when my breathing was restricted at all. The air was always so stale in those suites and more so after he had smoked a pack or two.

A much younger image of SZ at 27 yrs old shown on/in the video at the below link, 6'2" and 220 lbs!! He was definitely using an older photo on his websites-

Very good point. I remember being a little surprised that his stomach was more of a barrel than I had expected.

Those reports are confusing. How can they be saying these things about him while at the same time he had complaints against him for stalking and harassing women? I just don't understand the cop world.

NotMeAnymore I thank you from the bottom of my heart for finding the courage needed to speak out about your experience
I wish I could give you a hug - I have nothing but respect for you and I envy your courage

Yes. There is a running joke around hare to WATCH OUT for the cops.

I hope LE sets up a way for scared victims to provide clues and evidence without having to put themselves at risk

Observation : prior to NotMeAnymore coming forth the time frame I have from media was that SZ was on the websites from 2005 forth but this was 2003 which in my opinion validates that SZ had multiple user names and accounts, wonder how far back they go ?

This is the first paragraph from his resignation letter dated August 13, 2001. I paused the screen when a news broadcaster held it up during one of their segments.

"I understand that charges have been or may be filed against me for certain conduct in my capacity as a West Allis Police Officer. In order to avoid the filing of charges and or a Public Hearing on such charges, I hereby resign as a Police Officer with the West Allis Police Department, effective August 17, 2001 at 12:00 a.m. The city of West Allis will pay health and dental insurance benefits (single plan) through October 31, 2001."

I assume this resignation was already agreed upon before he officially handed it in since he knew how long he'd continue to get health and dental coverage.

NotMeAnymore I thank you from the bottom of my heart for finding the courage needed to speak out about your experience
I wish I could give you a hug - I have nothing but respect for you and I envy your courage

Wow, thank you, Sos. I don't feel courageous at all but I am so grateful for the warmth in your comment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maia1919
Back