GUILTY WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi everybody. I sent an email to websleuths yesterday with my story because I was very shy about posting on here but then I decided I wanted to register so that I could do searches. While I was waiting to register (just got help from chico, thank you!!!), I read through the forum and started feeling a little more comfortable about the idea of posting myself.

So, I don't know if I should post the whole email I sent yesterday or not. I'll start with the short version. I met Steven Zelich (Mrhandcuffs) online towards the end of 2003. I met him in person once at the end of 2003 and twice at the beginning of 2004 at a hotel in my area. I wish to remain anonymous because that was another life and I was in a very bad place then. I was going through a downward spiral and meeting guys online for bondage sex was an addiction for me at the time. I have since been through a lot of therapy and am in a completely different place. I feel like I am remembering somebody else's memories when I think about this but they are definitely there. I don't think I was a victim in anyway, it was completely consensual but there were definitely some things that stayed with me from my meetings with him.

To help with your timeline, he contacted me on Collarme.com as Mrhandcuffs around Septemberish 2003 and we met sometime in November 2003 the first time. The second time was January 2004 and the third time was March 2004. We continued to talk after that until I broke things off. The picture of him on the couch was the picture he used in his profile. We were both into the idea of him abducting me and keeping me in strict bondage. (please don't judge, like I said I was in a different place) I eventually ended things because I was ready to let him abduct me and somehow by a miracle some sort of self respect showed up and made me stop the whole thing. He was not happy and was very insulting about it but he never stalked me after that that I know of.

I don't know if posting all the details at once is preferred or if you would prefer to ask questions, so please let me know what would be most helpful for you.

Welcome! and you are not being judged! While reading this I was wondering if maybe the reason he didn't stalk or go through with it anyways, maybe because of a liability? Maybe he got scared that you backed out, and thought you would go to police. If you feel comfortable posting details that would be fantastic, otherwise you can always Private message any of us i'm sure. :)

(respectfully snipped for space)
EETA: I also forgot to mention that he took pictures during our meetings and I would put money on the fact that he took pictures of these women before they died. I hate to even think about that, but I am 99% positive that he did.

Interesting point that he liked to take pictures. Hopefully he saved the pictures so LE have a lot to work with, both for evidence and for identifying other potential victims. While I don't particularly buy into the sex-trafficking angle on this case, I do wonder if he might have been involved in selling *advertiser censored*. You mentioned that he seemed more concerned about how the bondage looked rather then how "useful" they were. Was he taking pictures when you were bond?

Oh my, from the article: "Beginning in 1995, he worked security at the Sheraton Hotel in Brookfield while off-duty."

How long did he work there? Are there any disciplinary actions in his file from there? As security, he had a 24/7 all access pass to rooms, rooms where single women stayed, which were sleeping & vulnerable. OMG Are there any unsolved cases of rape and/or assault or murder from that hotel? Any women that were assaulted and never filed a report? Flippin scary and mindblowing that he had that kind of access.

Also, now its coming to light why my dad said his nickname was "zilch". My dad retired in mid 90s, and already knew SZ was a .

I know someone who recently worked at the Sharaton in Brookfield, and was told that the creepiest thing was seeing his name on a christmas card lol. How many times I stayed there, i worked next to the sharaton. So scary.

Hi All:

I have done open records requests now both through the Mequon PD and the West Allis PD and should have those records back from WAPD by early next week, according to the records supervisor. I am also drafting up a request right now for the Rochester Police Department and wanted feedback from you all on a.) what would make the most sense to ask for and b.) what other government agencies/police departments would make sense to ask for stuff from and what stuff should I ask for?

Any advice from you all, who have been following the case extremely closely, would be greatly appreciated. Would also like to keep in touch w/ some of you once I have the records in my possession to bounce around ideas and leads gained from having the records in my possession.

Hi SAH, As a journalist, have you looked into becoming a verified poster here on WS? Here is information about the verification process.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters

Hi NotMeAnymore, You might consider becoming verified as well, though I understand your reluctance to risk having your identity exposed. Your personal information will not be made public, but the WS admin. will need to know your name.

NotMeAnymore.....Thank you. Thank you for coming forward and sharing your story. I am positive that there are other women who have found their way to this thread and are reading and scared to come forward, maybe they will find strength in your words, whether it be to post or contact law enforcement. I do have a question....do you know what he was planning to drug you with? *Big hugs to you.

I just did one through the Rochester PD, too. Asked for the following items:

-Any and all records possessed by the Rochester Police Department pertaining to the missing person search for and eventual finding of Laura Simonson in Wisconsin.

-Any and all records possessed by the Rochester Police Department pertaining to outreach the Rochester Police Department did to the West Allis Police Department about tracking down Steven Mark Zelich. This tracking down of Steven Mark Zelich would be inherently connected to the search for and eventual finding of Laura Simonson in Wisconsin.

-Any and all records possessed by the Rochester Police Department in the form of communications between the Rochester Police Department and officials representing the Microtel Inn and Suites in Rochester, Minnesota.

-Any and all records possessed by the Rochester Police Department pertaining to photos and/or videos of Steven Mark Zelich or Laura Simonson during their time spent at the Microtel Inn and Suites in Rochester, Minnesota in November 2013.

-Any and all records possessed by the Rochester Police Department that explain how and/or attempt to explain how both Steven Mark Zelich and Laura Simonson ended up at the Microtel Inn and Suites in Rochester, Minnesota in November 2013 to begin with. In other words, records that explain how each of them transported themselves or were transported to the Microtel Inn and Suites in Rochester, Minnesota.

I just did one through the Rochester PD, too. Asked for the following items:
(respectfully snipped for space)

Maybe make a similar request to Kenosha County. We have very little information on the progress of that part of the investigation. Somebody here posted about which hotel they stayed at.

Also from West Allis, can you get a copy of the items taken from his apartment when they executed the search warrants? There was a search done in January and more in June.

ETA: Can you find out if they have issued any search warrants on locations other than his apartment. We suspect that he might have storage units and he might also have other property.

Maybe make a similar request to Kenosha County. We have very little information on the progress of that part of the investigation. Somebody here posted about which hotel they stayed at.

Also from West Allis, can you get a copy of the items taken from his apartment when they executed the search warrants? There was a search done in January and more in June.

I'm not sure about those West Allis records for June since that's part of an ongoing legal case and investigation, but I am going to get the January records as part of that huge batch. I could maybe go to Milwaukee County court house at some point and get court records for the case which might have that search warrant and items retrieved, but I doubt it'd be eligible for WI Public Records Act.

Re: Kenosha, will do. As a native of that city/county, I can tell you that I am intrigued by the silence there so far.

The law is written differently in each state, but I'm under the impression that each state in the US has a law to the effect of if someone's bodily actions cause an unintentional death to a second individual during a separate incident, but with the same general bodily action, then that second death is considered murder even if the person claims it was unintentional.

I'd always thought of it as someone causing a death during a fist fight and then causing another death during another fist fight...but I'm thinking it could apply to the way Steven killed as well. Although, I personally think they were both murder.

I was incarcerated here in Milw. and some of the women I was housed with were there on murder charges. In my recollection (this was 15 years ago) many of them did not intentionally mean to hurt anyone. They were found liable for accidental death, which is still classified as murder. I am not an attorney, I am just a Milw. resident and I do not think it matters to the court if you "meant to" or not. If you caused someones death, even if it was an accident, it is murder. Your sentence might be different, though. I know for a fact that one woman I was housed with got 6 years for OWI/driving while intoxicated and she hit someone and caused their death. That is not a long time IMO for taking a life. SZ might be claiming accidental death because he knows, as former LE, that he might get a much lighter sentence or where he might be transferred to. We have quite a few prisons around here and where you are sent really depends on the nature of your crime, your intention, and mental state. He could be bargaining to be sent to somewhere not maximum security. It is natural NOT to want to go to max. as a former LE because you will get killed by other inmates. They got nothing to lose and would not think twice about taking another life, especially a former police officer.

Welcome! and you are not being judged! While reading this I was wondering if maybe the reason he didn't stalk or go through with it anyways, maybe because of a liability? Maybe he got scared that you backed out, and thought you would go to police. If you feel comfortable posting details that would be fantastic, otherwise you can always Private message any of us i'm sure. :)

I think he probably didn't stalk me because I was so far away. It was a long drive for him and that was probably way too big of a risk.

Interesting point that he liked to take pictures. Hopefully he saved the pictures so LE have a lot to work with, both for evidence and for identifying other potential victims. While I don't particularly buy into the sex-trafficking angle on this case, I do wonder if he might have been involved in selling *advertiser censored*. You mentioned that he seemed more concerned about how the bondage looked rather then how "useful" they were. Was he taking pictures when you were bond?

In my case, the only time he took pictures was when I was bound.

Hi All:

I have done open records requests now both through the Mequon PD and the West Allis PD and should have those records back from WAPD by early next week, according to the records supervisor. I am also drafting up a request right now for the Rochester Police Department and wanted feedback from you all on a.) what would make the most sense to ask for and b.) what other government agencies/police departments would make sense to ask for stuff from and what stuff should I ask for?

Any advice from you all, who have been following the case extremely closely, would be greatly appreciated. Would also like to keep in touch w/ some of you once I have the records in my possession to bounce around ideas and leads gained from having the records in my possession.

OMIT ------->Hi SAH, re: West Allis Police Dept records - I'd like more information on the car accident that SZ failed to report while on duty. Did he cause it?

Also, once you attain the records, can you share with us where he attended college? How difficult is it to attain university records? Can you ask West Allis / Walworth County if they have requested a copy of his college records?

Can you find out the name of the officer that SZ was told not to take breaks with? Is he still on the force? Also, has West Allis or Walworth County requested his college records from Marquette Univ?

Zelich graduated from St. Thomas More High School in Milwaukee in 1979. He studied business at Marquette University until 1982, when he enrolled at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee to study criminal justice. It took him 10 years to earn his bachelor's degree.

Zelich received his state law enforcement certification in 1984.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...ory-of-infractions-b99307892z1-266461201.html

That alone should have made the men I met realize that I wasn't in the right place for bdsm. BDSM is supposed to be safe, sane and consensual. There was never anything safe or sane about my meetings especially with Zelich.

After I broke things off with Zelich, I was fine for a few months, relieved even. A few months later my addiction started calling again and I met up with one last man before I got help. This man took things way beyond consensual. He was the most evil man I have ever met (before finding out that Zelich murdered two women, that is) but as far as my experience this last man scarred me far more than Zelich ever did and it was pretty much for life (not physically, just emotionally and psychologically). He is the reason that I stopped everything and got help. I am very, very lucky to be alive and this Zelich case is just a big huge reminder of that to me. I feel like telling my story here, in what feels like a safe place might help somehow. I very much appreciate the kind words of support from you and others.

I have more questions and some of them are pretty direct. If you don't wish to answer any or all of them, tell me to bugger off. Obviously, I'm very interested in the smallest of details about SZ. Anything that comes to mind . . . I so get that reference to the smell of cologne, that happens to me with different scents that trigger both bad and good memories. (for some reason hot roofing tar is the worst, but that's off topic)

Were you shy to set up a profile on a BDSM site? What / who was your intro into BDSM? Did Zelich find you online or did you make first contact?

You mentioned that the sex lessened as the times you met increased. (BTW, how was he in bed? On his alt.com profile he chose not to answer how well endowed he is, was God good to him in that department?)

Was he considerate when not in a scene or did he stay in his dominant role all of the time? Was he on a budget, was he generous with room service? What kind of cigs did he smoke? Did he drink alcohol while you were together?

What did he watch on TV, regular programs or *advertiser censored*? What did he wear? Did he travel with a lot of luggage / props?

Do you get the impression that Zelich networked with other dominants seeking slaves? Was there ever any discussion about "buying" or "selling" slaves?

What was the last straw for you? What made you decide, "that's it, I'm out of here!".

IMO, we are who we are TODAY and that is the sum total of our life experiences, (the good, the bad and the ugly). Life isn't a Disney movie.

Your name and the fact that you chose to come here and share our story tells us so much. Our life experiences aren't worth much unless we learn from them and are willing to share that knowledge. You're safe here. Find strength in your own voice. Give yourself time.

Zelich graduated from St. Thomas More High School in Milwaukee in 1979. He studied business at Marquette University until 1982, when he enrolled at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee to study criminal justice. It took him 10 years to earn his bachelor's degree.

Zelich received his state law enforcement certification in 1984.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...ory-of-infractions-b99307892z1-266461201.html

Thank you! He must have been going to school (part time) while working in Mequon. Also, in reference to his record in West Allis, same article has expanded info on what went wrong:
In addition to the complaints from women, his personnel file from West Allis includes discipline for insubordination, neglect of duty and untruthfulness. Before he was forced to resign, the most severe punishment he received was a 20-day suspension for unbecoming conduct and untruthfulness.

Zelich was involved in at least three squad car crashes, including one he did not immediately report. It resulted in a one-day suspension.

In February 2000, he received a written reprimand for neglect of duty when he ignored other officers' calls for backup and instead took an extra 45-minute break with another officer. The two had previously been ordered not to take breaks together.

During the break, Zelich ignored four calls. When he finally returned to the station, he ignored a fifth call — an officer requesting immediate backup to deal with a son who was "tearing up the house."

The following year, Zelich was suspended for two days for botching a domestic violence investigation. State law requires police to arrest the primary aggressor in domestic violence cases, but Zelich did not arrest anyone.

A few hours later, police received a call that the woman had attempted suicide by taking pills.

When two other officers went to the hospital to talk to her, she admitted hitting her boyfriend in the face and throwing a picture frame. She was later charged.

In light of the bungled domestic violence investigation and five instances of stalking and harassment by multiple women — including the woman who ran from his apartment in her underwear — Police Chief Dean Puschnig recommended Zelich be fired.

Before the firing was approved by the Police and Fire Commission, Zelich agreed to resign. He was paid a lump sum to cover vacation and holiday pay.

Zelich filed his resignation letter Aug. 13, 2001, writing: "I understand that (disciplinary) charges have been or may be filed against me for certain conduct in my capacity as a West Allis Police Officer. In order to avoid the filing of charges and or a Public Hearing on such charges, I hereby resign as a Police Officer with the West Allis Police Department, effective August 17, 2001 at 12 a.m."

West Allis police did not refer Zelich to the district attorney's office for possible criminal charges. He received a state license as a private security guard in 2007.

The fact that it was so easy for a guy with this type of track-record to get a private security permit from the WI DSPS is incredible. I did a Public Records Act request there earlier this week, they told me records should be ready by early next week. Will keep you all posted on that too.

I have more questions and some of them are pretty direct. If you don't wish to answer any or all of them, tell me to bugger off. Obviously, I'm very interested in the smallest of details about SZ. Anything that comes to mind . . . I so get that reference to the smell of cologne, that happens to me with different scents that trigger both bad and good memories. (for some reason hot roofing tar is the worst, but that's off topic)

Were you shy to set up a profile on a BDSM site? What / who was your intro into BDSM? Did Zelich find you online or did you make first contact?

You mentioned that the sex lessened as the times you met increased. (BTW, how was he in bed? On his alt.com profile he chose not to answer how well endowed he is, was God good to him in that department?)

Was he considerate when not in a scene or did he stay in his dominant role all of the time? Was he on a budget, was he generous with room service? What kind of cigs did he smoke? Did he drink alcohol while you were together?

What did he watch on TV, regular programs or *advertiser censored*? What did he wear? Did he travel with a lot of luggage / props?

Do you get the impression that Zelich networked with other dominants seeking slaves? Was there ever any discussion about "buying" or "selling" slaves?

What was the last straw for you? What made you decide, "that's it, I'm out of here!".

IMO, we are who we are TODAY and that is the sum total of our life experiences, (the good, the bad and the ugly). Life isn't a Disney movie.

Your name and the fact that you chose to come here and share our story tells us so much. Our life experiences aren't worth much unless we learn from them and are willing to share that knowledge. You're safe here. Find strength in your own voice. Give yourself time.

I know this wasn't intended for me but I can help to answer some of these from the time I was with him.

Was he considerate when not in a scene or did he stay in his dominant role all of the time? - Just speaking for myself on this one but he didn't stay in his dominant role all the time. We had regular conversations and did normal things.

What kind of cigs did he smoke? Did he drink alcohol while you were together? - He smoked Camel Lights and he rarely drank.

What did he watch on TV, regular programs or *advertiser censored*? What did he wear? Did he travel with a lot of luggage / props? - He watched normal television programs. Mostly movies though. Never *advertiser censored* on DVD or TV but he would watch on DeviceBondage.com. He usually wore khaki's and a collar shirt. He did travel with a suitcase full of 'toys'.

Do you get the impression that Zelich networked with other dominants seeking slaves? - He once told me that he doesn't like to speak with other 'Masters' because they don't have the same views as he does. They just don't get why he wants a total and complete slave. He never talked about buying or selling slaves.

One other thing to put out there: he resigned from West Allis Police Department on Aug. 17, 2001, just a few weeks before 9/11. After then, FBI shifted millions of bucks in resources to fighting terrorism (which often has meant manufacturing plots, see Trevor Aaronson's work on that for more: http://www.amazon.com/The-Terror-Factory-Manufactured-Terrorism/dp/1935439618).

I bring that up because it has meant real menaces to society like Zelich have flown under the radar during that time as the FBI has cut back resources to do something about them. Any good storyline has to include this type of data and these trends.

Just something to think about as you think about how FBI Fusion Centers didn't catch something like this but have been pouring resources into monitoring activists, for example. Pretty sad state of affairs.

He once told me that he doesn't like to speak with other 'Masters' because they don't have the same views as he does. They just don't get why he wants a total and complete slave. He never talked about buying or selling slaves.

Thanks for jumping into the convo! That stands out to me and makes me wonder why do you think he wanted a total and complete slave? What so you think that represented to him?

OMIT ------->Hi SAH, re: West Allis Police Dept records - I'd like more information on the car accident that SZ failed to report while on duty. Did he cause it?

Also, once you attain the records, can you share with us where he attended college? How difficult is it to attain university records? Can you ask West Allis / Walworth County if they have requested a copy of his college records?

Can you find out the name of the officer that SZ was told not to take breaks with? Is he still on the force? Also, has West Allis or Walworth County requested his college records from Marquette Univ?

A little info from article: http://m.jsonline.com/more/news/cri...ory-of-infractions-b99307892z1-266461201.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back