GUILTY WI - LAKE GENEVA SUITCASE MURDERS, Laura Simonson & Jenny Gamez - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have more questions and some of them are pretty direct. If you don't wish to answer any or all of them, tell me to bugger off. Obviously, I'm very interested in the smallest of details about SZ. Anything that comes to mind . . . I so get that reference to the smell of cologne, that happens to me with different scents that trigger both bad and good memories. (for some reason hot roofing tar is the worst, but that's off topic)

Were you shy to set up a profile on a BDSM site? What / who was your intro into BDSM? Did Zelich find you online or did you make first contact?

You mentioned that the sex lessened as the times you met increased. (BTW, how was he in bed? On his alt.com profile he chose not to answer how well endowed he is, was God good to him in that department?)

Was he considerate when not in a scene or did he stay in his dominant role all of the time? Was he on a budget, was he generous with room service? What kind of cigs did he smoke? Did he drink alcohol while you were together?

What did he watch on TV, regular programs or *advertiser censored*? What did he wear? Did he travel with a lot of luggage / props?

Do you get the impression that Zelich networked with other dominants seeking slaves? Was there ever any discussion about "buying" or "selling" slaves?

What was the last straw for you? What made you decide, "that's it, I'm out of here!".

IMO, we are who we are TODAY and that is the sum total of our life experiences, (the good, the bad and the ugly). Life isn't a Disney movie.

Your name and the fact that you chose to come here and share our story tells us so much. Our life experiences aren't worth much unless we learn from them and are willing to share that knowledge. You're safe here. Find strength in your own voice. Give yourself time.

I find what you said towards the end to be very true, "Our life experiences aren't worth much unless we learn from them and are willing to share that knowledge." I heard a story recently on a podcast about a guy who's father was shot by his mother in front of him. The interviewer told him that he didn't have to talk about it if he didn't want to and he said he loved talking about it. He said that each time he told the story, the trauma had less and less of a hold over him. I think that's definitely a side effect of being able to talk about something and that is why therapy is so important. So in that spirit, I will answer your questions below:

- I wasn't shy at all about putting up a profile.

- The sex part, I don't like thinking about it right now but I will tell you that he was on the short side and thick.

- With me, we would have regular conversations over the phone and he was pleasant enough. He would talk about the abduction planning as if we were planning a camping trip or something else innocuous. During our meetings he would sometimes take a time out and just talk lightly with me but I would still be in bondage. I don't know if he was on a budget. He mentioned getting a discount at the Sheraton. He ordered room service every time. I don't know what kind of cigs he smoked (update: just saw JSR's response. Thank you!) but he did smoke a lot of them. He didn't drink the first two times but had some scotch the third time and seemed to get a little tipsy from it.

- He watched a lot of CNN when he was with me. Every once in a while I would hear a movie but it was mostly news networks. He wore what JSR said, collared shirts and pants. He did travel with LOTS of toys. He had so freakin' many toys that he brought.

- I don't think so. I did ask him one time what he would do if he got sick of me and he said that he would sell me but he didn't elaborate on that.

- There wasn't really a last straw. I just kind of came to my senses. I do think that his carelessness, the breathing thing, the smoking and his strictness all played a small part when the final consideration happened, though.

One more useful piece of information: Kenosha Police Department has a pretty spotty track-record. I'm most familiar with their shooting of Michael Bell. Happened when I still lived there. Might be part of a clue as to why we've heard very little from KPD thus far.

http://michaelbell.info/

I think the "sell me" part is important. Still have a hunch he was involved in some way in human-trafficking and not just strictly consensual BDSM activity.

I think the "sell me" part is important. Still have a hunch he was involved in some way in human-trafficking and not just strictly consensual BDSM activity.
I would be careful about that, though. I don't know if he was serious when he said it to me and like JSR said, he didn't have a lot of friends in the community. I also think that he might have been more financially well off if he were involved in trafficking, although I will admit that I know nothing about it so maybe not. Something just tells me that he was only in it for his own selfish pleasure, though. Something about his carelessness makes me think that trafficking is too "sophisticated" (for lack of a better word) for him to be involved in. I hope that make sense.

I still go back to this blog article (update) for insights . . . we have no way of knowing how accurate the info is but it did help break the case . . .
http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2014/06/retired-police-officer-arrested-for.html#comment-form

what stands out to me:
Back in January, I received information from a person that wanted to remain anonymous about Laura Simonson and her being taken from her home by a man that bought and sold other women over the years. That man, whose name I did not release in that January's article, was Steven Mark Zelich who lived in Milwaukee, Wisc. This is the same man that was taken into custody in connection with the two bodies found in the suitcases.
The source stated that on Laura's Facebook page a friend of her's posted that Laura was taken from her mom's house on November 2, 2013 by Steven Mark Zelich who lives in Milwaukee Wisconsin. According to the post, that I can not see as I am not a friend on Laura's Facebook page, "This information is a matter of record and has been verified by the Milwaukee and the Farmington police departments."
The rest of the information, that the source states was NOT verified is that Zelick is believed to be a member of the BDSM community and had posted on many different BDSM based sites looking for a woman to buy, sell and enslave. He also boasted having a dungeon in his basement, and was looking for "a permanent confinement slave with no expectations of release."

Perhaps it was Zelich who picked Laura up in Farmington, MI? Someone mentioned that Laura was told not to pack clothes (can't remember who left that comment). She left her van behind. This indicates to me that she expected to spend some time in Zelich's possession.

Do we know if Zelich's parents were divorced ?

I would be careful about that, though. I don't know if he was serious when he said it to me and like JSR said, he didn't have a lot of friends in the community. I also think that he might have been more financially well off if he were involved in trafficking, although I will admit that I know nothing about it so maybe not. Something just tells me that he was only in it for his own selfish pleasure, though. Something about his carelessness makes me think that trafficking is too "sophisticated" (for lack of a better word) for him to be involved in. I hope that make sense.

That reminds me of a point that's been nagging at the back of my mind. He was hauled into court numerous times on financial issues, but it's still not clear to me if he was living beyond his means or if he was just careless about paying off certain debts. I wonder how much he inherited, if anything, from his dad's estate.

That reminds me of a point that's been nagging at the back of my mind. He was hauled into court numerous times on financial issues, but it's still not clear to me if he was living beyond his means or if he was just careless about paying off certain debts. I wonder how much he inherited, if anything, from his dad's estate.
I'm wondering if the financial stuff had to do with all the hotels and BDSM equipment. That stuff is really expensive and can add up quickly.

I'm wondering if the financial stuff had to do with all the hotels and BDSM equipment. That stuff is really expensive and can add up quickly.

I never hypothesized he was a john, I am saying he may have done some buying (meaning he lost money from this) to get the slaves he wanted. Again, just a hypothesis largely based on that Missing Persons of America article, which I am in touch w/ the woman who wrote it about. She told me she got that information from a good source who requests anonymity for now.

So, that's why I'm trying to piece together how the trafficking may've taken place, since it looks like a very real possibility.

I never hypothesized he was a john, I am saying he may have done some buying (meaning he lost money from this) to get the slaves he wanted. Again, just a hypothesis largely based on that Missing Persons of America article, which I am in touch w/ the woman who wrote it about. She told me she got that information from a good source who requests anonymity for now.

So, that's why I'm trying to piece together how the trafficking may've taken place, since it looks like a very real possibility.

OOOHHHH! I never thought of it that way. For some reason I just kept focusing on the selling part. Of course, the buying part I would believe, absolutely.

wondering how one would locate the underground network that is training / selling BDSM slaves?

OOOHHHH! I never thought of it that way. For some reason I just kept focusing on the selling part. Of course, the buying part I would believe, absolutely.

Right. I mean, who would submit to what he wanted voluntarily anyway to that level of extremity? Am I wrong to say almost no one?

Anyway, that's what I'm digging into now. It's a hypothesis that's informed by some facts so far but definitely needs more to tie it all together.

Right. I mean, who would submit to what he wanted voluntarily anyway to that level of extremity? Am I wrong to say almost no one?

Anyway, that's what I'm digging into now. It's a hypothesis that's informed by some facts so far but definitely needs more to tie it all together.

Well, I almost did but you're right even I didn't take the plunge at my darkest time, there are not many at all who really would give a normal life up for this even if their life isn't going their way. I am extremely interested in seeing where your research on this takes you. Hopefully, this could even end up helping a lot of people who are in a bad situation.

NotMeAnymore, thank you for writing about this. I am very happy for you that you are healing and in a far better place now. You come across as a very intelligent person and I wish you the best for a blessed life from here onward.

JSR, since I never said this before, thank you as well for all your insight. Hiring that moving truck while he was out and extricating yourself from a situation you suspected was growing wrong took GUTS, and you weren't fleeing, you were rescuing yourself and your children. That's true strength.

NMA, you mentioned Zelich took and kept photographs, and if LE comes across those and cannot identify the women depicted, it's possible they might eventually publicize the photos in an attempt to verify the subjects' well-being. (See the Alcala Photos thread in "The Unidentified" Websleuths forum for an example. If I understand correctly, unless the subjects permitted it, their names were never publicized once they were verified as the subjects of the photos and were proven to be alive and well.) If Zelich has been into this type of activity for years, he very well may not be using his original computer and that machine has long since been sold or scrapped, so there might not be an easy e-trail from the earlier years for LE to follow and contact anyone he met online. I don't want to give bad advice, but it might be a good idea to contact LE when you're ready to verify you may be one of his photographed subjects. If anyone feels this is bad advice, please don't hesitate to speak up.

A few more questions for either/both of you, though probably more for NMA:

Did he enjoy sharing with others online about how his slave training was going? If he took a photo, did he keep it to himself or share it with others online for gratification/bragging rights?

When he discussed permanent enslavement, did a "safe word" play into this if you wanted out of the agreement? I.e. do you remember discussing a safe word that could be said if you wanted out of the arrangement, which would override any previous agreement to be "permanently" enslaved?

Did he enjoy sharing with others online about how his slave training was going? If he took a photo, did he keep it to himself or share it with others online for gratification/bragging rights?

When he discussed permanent enslavement, did a "safe word" play into this if you wanted out of the agreement? I.e. do you remember discussing a safe word that could be said if you wanted out of the arrangement, which would override any previous agreement to be "permanently" enslaved?

I don't think he shared much with anybody. As he told JSR he didn't really mesh well with other people in the BDSM community because of how extreme his interests were. He never talked about anybody else he knew in the community to me. I'm pretty sure that the pics were to keep for himself.

In my case, we never had a safe word, as I said earlier I never used safe words with anybody. It was reckless and stupid but I didn't care because I was deep into a downward spiral. It was discussed several times that if I were to give him the word and let him abduct me that there would be no way out after that. It would be for good. I don't know for sure how strict he would have been about that but I believed him when he said there was no way out.

A little info from article: http://m.jsonline.com/more/news/cri...ory-of-infractions-b99307892z1-266461201.html

Zelich graduated from St. Thomas More High School in Milwaukee in 1979. He studied business at Marquette University until 1982, when he enrolled at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee to study criminal justice. It took him 10 years to earn his bachelor's degree.

Does anyone have a resource to investigate unsolved crimes at those Universities...... (s.a. rape, assault and missing persons)
I am wondering if the 10 years taken to get his degree could have been done intentionally to be able to get close to the female students......?

Does anyone have a resource to investigate unsolved crimes at that University...... (s.a. rape, assault and missing persons)
I am wondering if the 10 years taken could have done intentionally to be able to get close to the female students......?

That could be obtained under Public Records Act, most likely. Good call. Marquette is private, so not there, but perhaps UW-Milwaukee. I might put in a request.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003
Back