WI WI - Melissa Trumpy, 37, going to bf's house, car found abandoned, Monroe, 26 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Family searches for missing Monticello woman as efforts shift to Freeport

After a Monticello woman seemingly vanishes into thin air last week, the search is on as investigators turn their efforts to Freeport.

The Carroll County sheriff’s office launched an investigation where friends and family searched ditches and cornfields near Freeport. Investigators say Trumpy was last seen Tuesday night in Monroe.

Authorities think she traveled to Shannon, Illinois that same evening.

I think Melissa will be found soon and it wont be a good outcome. Possibly a plea deal and Melissa was going to give some information to LE or boyfriend was paranoid this would happen and chose to do something. There is only 1 POI in this case and IMO someone will be arrested as soon as Melissa is found.

Carroll County, IL | Case History

2021MR55 HAMMER, DEREK SCOTTLast Search | Information | Dispositions | History | Payments | Fines & Fees
Date Entry Judge
Entered Under: PEOPLE OF THE STATE
10/29/2021 SA present. Defendant present prose in custody of CCSD. Defendant waives extradition. Extradition waiver tendered. Defendant remanded. Waiver of Extradition, Filed. SLB
10/28/2021 Complaint for Fugitive Warrant, Filed on 10/28/2021. UNASSIGNED
10/28/2021 SA present via zoom. Defendant present in custody of CC Sheriff's
Dept via zoom. Defendant admonished on waiver of extradition. Case
set for Status on October 29. 2021 at 10:30 am. Defendant remanded. SLB
10/28/2021 Status hearing set for 10/29/2021 at 10:30 in courtroom B. UNASSIGNED

Search continues for missing woman after car found in Stephenson County | MyStateline.com

1 Hr Ago

Melissa Trumpy, 37, left work in Monticell, Wisconsin on Tuesday, October 26th on her way to her boyfriend’s house in Shannon. Her car was found abandoned near Pearl City on Wednesday.

Melissa’s boyfriend was arrested on October 27th on what police say are charges unrelated to her disappearance, and he has not been named as a person of interest in the case.

Gia Wright, the president of the Missing Persons Awareness Network, says she is assisting the family in searching Carroll and Stephenson County.

Wright says it is critical to find Melissa before winter and snow obscures her trail.

The family is holding a candlelight vigil in Shannon tonight.

Green County officials continue search for missing woman

•deputies have conducted a search of her home in Monticello, as well as areas she was known to frequent.
•Investigators have also interviewed anyone known to be in contact with Trumpy prior to her disappearance.
•Police are also looking into her phone, social media and financial records in an effort to find activity that would lead to her current location.
•continuously searching rural areas they have access to
•some sheriff's department personnel are canvassing Carroll and Stephenson counties in Illinois too

Family of missing woman holds candlelight vigil

Heartbreaking testimony from friends and family of 37-year-old Melissa Trumpy, who went missing from the small town of Shannon more than a week ago. Dozens of loved ones gather Thursday night to honor the mother of three with a candlelight vigil.

“Today, all of the people behind me chose to come to this corner because we know that Melissa Trumpy was last here with her boyfriend,” says Gia Wright of the Missing Persons Awareness Network. “We are here as a result of domestic violence.”

The vigil was held in front of the last place Trumpy was seen: at her boyfriend, DH’s family’s house. DH currently sits in jail on unrelated charges. His family did not attend the vigil. Trumpy’s family members say their absence is telling.

Family and friends say they’re grateful for the community’s support, but a call to action persists: find Melissa Trumpy.

Since this involves more than one state, can't the FBI be called in (more resources: air/aqua search)? Did they get any explanation from DH - has his vehicle been checked for her blood; polygraph (if he co-operates he may get off lighter on other charges?).

Family of missing woman holds candlelight vigil

Heartbreaking testimony from friends and family of 37-year-old Melissa Trumpy, who went missing from the small town of Shannon more than a week ago. Dozens of loved ones gather Thursday night to honor the mother of three with a candlelight vigil.

“Today, all of the people behind me chose to come to this corner because we know that Melissa Trumpy was last here with her boyfriend,” says Gia Wright of the Missing Persons Awareness Network. “We are here as a result of domestic violence.”

The vigil was held in front of the last place Trumpy was seen: at her boyfriend, DH’s family’s house. DH currently sits in jail on unrelated charges. His family did not attend the vigil. Trumpy’s family members say their absence is telling.

Family and friends say they’re grateful for the community’s support, but a call to action persists: find Melissa Trumpy.
Vigil held in front of DH’s house.
His family did not attend.

upload_2021-11-8_5-30-58.jpeg
Mboge said the family has searched hundreds of miles and won't rest until Trumpy is found.

"Every day I leave the search site, that's the hardest part of the day for me," she said. "When I leave, I feel like I am leaving her behind, and I feel like I'm letting Melissa down. I usually cry all the way home."

There's been no contact from Melissa Trumpy in two weeks and her sister said this is not something Melissa would do.

"She had three kids. She was always face-timing her kids or calling them," Mboge said. "She wouldn't leave for even a day without at least touching base with my mom... This is not typical behavior, and she wouldn't ever just leave and not communicate with one of us. It's not drug-related and she wouldn't just go missing and leave all of her personal belongings. We love her and we miss her. We just want to bring home."
Family of missing Monticello, WI woman continues search weeks after disappearance

MONROE (WKOW) -- The sister of missing Green County woman Melissa Trumpy says Trumpy became a cooperating witness in a criminal case just before Trumpy disappeared late last month.

Trumpy, 37, and her boyfriend, Derek Hammer of Shannon, Illinois were arrested in September and charged in October with felony maintaining a drug trafficking place and other counts. Trumpy was free on a signature bond, Hammer on $10,000 bail.

Trumpy's older sister, Mandy Mboge, tells 27 News Trumpy was poised to help prosecute Hammer.

More at Missing Green County woman's sister says woman became cooperating witness before disappearing

Search Continues for Melissa Trumpy

It has been two weeks since the Green County Sheriff's Office was notified that Melissa Ann Trumpy was missing.

Green County Sheriff's Office personnel have been actively involved in the investigation.

Deputies have physically searched a number of properties where Melissa has known to frequent. Deputies and detectives have interviewed a number of local residents who knew and had contact with Melissa prior to her disappearance. A search warrant was executed at her rural Monticello home. Search warrants and subpoenas have been requested for telephone, social media and financial records in an effort to find any activity that could give clues to her current location. Detectives have reviewed surveillance video from multiple locations in Green County. Patrol deputies continuously search rural areas that are accessible to them and personnel have been assigned to travel to Carroll County and Stephenson County, Illinois, to assist authorities in those jurisdictions that are searching for any information that could help in locating Melissa. Our agency has and will continue to target our resources toward areas that have the best chance of locating Melissa.

Loved ones hold out hope of finding missing Wisconsin woman Melissa Trumpy | MyStateline.com

Nov 17
There has still been no sign of missing Illinois woman Melissa Trumpy.

No one has seen the 37-year-old since October 26, when she headed to her boyfriend’s house in Shannon. Trumpy’s car was found abandoned in Stephenson County the next day.

Trumpy’s family and friends believe Hammer knows where she is. They showed up to his Domestic Abuse hearing in Green County, Wisconsin Wednesday, expecting to confront him, but were mad when they learned he was not there.

Hammer is in custody in Carroll County on other charges.

Delay in felony case against missing Green County woman

Nov 17
A judge is delaying for two weeks a felony drug case against missing woman Melissa Trumpy of Monticello after a prosecutor initially asked for an arrest warrant for Trumpy.

Authorities listed Trumpy, 37, as missing October 28. Earlier in October, Trumpy was charged with maintaining a drug trafficking house. Her boyfriend, Derek Hammer of Shannon, Illinois was charged with the identical crime and also other criminal counts.

Trumpy was absent from a court hearing in her felony case Monday.

Affrunti says he's sadly convinced Trumpy's been harmed.

"I think what people are forgetting here is she's a victim," Affrunti says.

Anyone with information on Trumpy is asked to call the Green County Sheriff's Office at 608-328-9400, or the Carroll County, Illinois Sheriff's Office at 815-244-2635.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

NamUs Profile modified Nov 18

upload_2021-11-18_20-24-24.jpeg

Circumstances of Disappearance
The missing person, Melissa Ann Trumpy, was last seen on Tuesday night, October 26, 2021 in Monroe, Wisconsin. Authorities believe she traveled from Monroe, Wisconsin to Shannon, Illinois that same evening with a male acquaintance. Melissa's vehicle was later recovered. She has not been seen or heard from since October 26.

Piercing
4 earring studs on left cheek bone. 3 earring studs on right cheek bone. Nose loop in left nostril Upper lip stud.

Tattoo
Multiple tattoos on Chest, both arms, both legs. Full sleeve on right arm from wrist to chest. Unidentified tattoo inside right hand middle finger. Unidentified tattoo on right ankle. left leg is also a sleeve from hip to ankle (outside of leg)

Other distinctive physical characteristic
Believed to have fake nails, fake lashes, and long extensions in her hair.

Clothing
Black short Michael Kors Jacket with an unidentified shirt underneath, blue jeans with holes and unknown shoes.

Transportation
Silver Toyota Tundra (later located)
White Toyota Avalon (later located).

Mapping the area where Melissa's truck was found and drawing a line to Ex-Boyfriend house shows this is only a short drive.

I imagine that the truck has been forensically examined and there is no evidence of foul play within vehicle? Perhaps foul play happened elsewhere, vehicle has been dumped in the opposite direction to where body has been dumped to throw off investigators? This would mean there are multiple perps involved - to drive a 2nd vehicle and leave the scene from where Melissa's truck was dumped. Otherwise Ex-Boyfriend took his vehicle and Melissa followed. Melissa has been ordered out of vehicle at gunpoint etc., harm has come to her and she has been taken to another location.

I am sure ex-boyfriend vehicle has also been forensically examined without evidence of foul play so I am leaning to Melissa leaving this scene in an alternate vehicle? Close friends of Ex-Boyfriend would then need to be looked at or suppliers/buyers of drugs who were worried that Melissa was about to "talk"?

upload_2021-11-23_8-13-0.png

This may sound odd, but I wish the judge would've issued a warrant for her arrest so maybe LE will take her disappearance more seriously.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back