Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What areas surround where the body was found? I can't imagine someone driving far with a body in the vehicle. Do we know if they kept the clothes she was wearing. I'm sure since 1999, they could be tested.

Possible they've been tested already when she was exumed for isotopes

The clothing the killer put on her was more than likely his. So what happened to her personnel belongings...clothing, shoes..ect?
Wonder if she was picked up on the streets.maybe homeless.

There is nothing to do anywhere near Raymond. I live not very far from there. The area she was found in is a Crossroads nearby I-94 and is visited frequently by Flea Market entrepreneurs at the VERY nearby 7 Mile Fair. She was found by a man and woman who were out for a morning walk.

The complicated thing about this is the fact that it's so close to the interstate it means she could literally be from ANYWHERE in the US just from how close she was found near the interstate and the area is known for a lot of drifters selling items at 7 Mile Fair. The Smithsonian test shows that she's likely from the northern areas, but hell she could even be from Europe.

I've visited the site where she was found many times over the years in an attempt to find anything of interest and so far I've come up empty for obvious reasons.

Edit: anything of interest was either collected or swept up by animals likely. Very rural area with lots of foxes, deer, etc.

I went to flea markets a lot when I lived on the West Coast. I noticed a lot of vendors kept handicapped people as cheap labor for the vendor stall. Just mentioning this. She might have been "adopted" to work for a vendor but then killed when she wasn't ideal for the job.

Killer was so ruthless and brutal... No regards for human life. Makes me believe he has done this before..or after!!!

A new addition to NAMUS earlier this month:

Julia O'Neill
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/42641
Missing from Lake Geneva WI (45 min west of Raymond, WI, where the UID was found)
Last seen June 18, 1997 (UID was found in July 1999)
68-69 inches tall, 135-140 lbs

There is nothing to do anywhere near Raymond. I live not very far from there. The area she was found in is a Crossroads nearby I-94 and is visited frequently by Flea Market entrepreneurs at the VERY nearby 7 Mile Fair. She was found by a man and woman who were out for a morning walk.

The complicated thing about this is the fact that it's so close to the interstate it means she could literally be from ANYWHERE in the US just from how close she was found near the interstate and the area is known for a lot of drifters selling items at 7 Mile Fair. The Smithsonian test shows that she's likely from the northern areas, but hell she could even be from Europe.

I've visited the site where she was found many times over the years in an attempt to find anything of interest and so far I've come up empty for obvious reasons.

Edit: anything of interest was either collected or swept up by animals likely. Very rural area with lots of foxes, deer, etc.

This makes me think if the Tshirt she was wearing and which was produced 20 years prior might have came from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetluv:
What areas surround where the body was found? I can't imagine someone driving far with a body in the vehicle. Do we know if they kept the clothes she was wearing. I'm sure since 1999, they could be tested.
Possible they've been tested already when she was exumed for isotopes

Roselvr, it is very likely that she was NOT burried in the clothes she was found in. I don't think any recovered victim would be.

Sweetluv, some murderers do travel with body quite far as seen on this boards, especially over state lines. Of course not all. Typically in searches, you start in local area, then expand and look up to around 50 miles radius at every direction.

Roselvr, it is very likely that she was NOT burried in the clothes she was found in. I don't think any recovered victim would be.

Sweetluv, some murderers do travel with body quite far as seen on this boards, especially over state lines. Of course not all. Typically in searches, you start in local area, then expand and look up to around 50 miles radius at every direction.

That's typical. But we've also had cases where the deceased person was found halfway across the country. Strange things happen.

That's typical. But we've also had cases where the deceased person was found halfway across the country. Strange things happen.

Yep, strange things happen. I don't use distance between place of disappearance and where were remains are found as a negating factor. Racine JD's isotope put her possible place of origin as far away as Alaska.

Yep, strange things happen. I don't use distance between place of disappearance and where were remains are found as a negating factor. Racine JD's isotope put her possible place of origin as far away as Alaska.

I don't either.

People travel, and North Americans travel more than most. The only way I take it into account is if there's evidence the person died at the time they disappeared, or if there's not enough time for the person to have traveled from where they were last seen to where the body was found. That sort of thing.

In the case of Racine Jane Doe, she might not be immediately local, but she could easily be from Milwaukee (less than an hour) or Chicago (an hour to an hour and a half). And it won't surprise me if she is quite local but the kind of person who's easily overlooked--a handicapped daughter, a homeless person, someone working in agriculture or in home health care, someone's live-in nanny from overseas. The kind of person whose absence can be explained easily, if anyone notices at all.

Charley project has just added photo of missing Junelle L. Marquard who disappeared with her female friend in August 20, 1999, from Nekoosa, Wisconsin, month before Racine Jane Doe was found. I think she looks strikingly similar on her only photo available which is from about 5 years before her disappearance.

Junelle was very sporty and very tall. Even reportedly taller then Racine Jane Doe and somewhat also heavier then Jane doe when reported missing. Jane Doe was assumed to be in captivity for few weeks so some weight difference would be natural.

marquard_junelle.jpg
199UFWI.jpg
199UFWI1.jpg

I think timeline, location and something very similar in resemblance do align. Jane Doe strong neck could correspond with doing lots of sports previously. She was added to Namus only few month ago. Thoughts?

Dentals are not available for her and DNA status states initial inquiry underway.
Fingerprint information is available and entered.

Junelle L. Marquard
http://charleyproject.org/case/junelle-l-marquard
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/40744/35
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...mp-Junelle-Marquard-21-Nekoosa-20-August-1999

I see I have mixed up the months. Junelle was reported missing one month After Jane Doe was found, but I do strongly feel despite this it should be worth looking into as many missing are reported missing some time after actual date.

Charley project has just added photo of missing Junelle L. Marquard who disappeared with her female friend in August 20, 1999, from Nekoosa, Wisconsin, month before Racine Jane Doe was found. I think she looks strikingly similar on her only photo available which is from about 5 years before her disappearance.

Junelle was very sporty and very tall. Even reportedly taller then Racine Jane Doe and somewhat also heavier then Jane doe when reported missing. Jane Doe was assumed to be in captivity for few weeks so some weight difference would be natural.

cache.php
cache.php
cache.php

I think timeline, location and something very similar in resemblance do align. Jane Doe strong neck could correspond with doing lots of sports previously. She was added to Namus only few month ago. Thoughts?

Dentals are not available for her and DNA status states initial inquiry underway.
Fingerprint information is available and entered.

Junelle L. Marquard
http://charleyproject.org/case/junelle-l-marquard
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/40744/35
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...mp-Junelle-Marquard-21-Nekoosa-20-August-1999

Nice to see an out of the box option...thanks intriguing....she has the open nostril nose, the look, think there is big change she was lesbian (no offence) and that's why she had to be "punished"...motive.....? So good you found a picture...Namus doesn't have....bah!

How long does it take for NAMUS to rule out matches? I still have not heard about Mistie Murray & she is not on the exclusion list

How long does it take for NAMUS to rule out matches? I still have not heard about Mistie Murray & she is not on the exclusion list

Working with Canadian officials takes longer. They also may not put her on the rule out list because she is Canadian. The only Canadian I've seen so far (there may be more but I haven't seen them in NamUs) is Patricia Salamandyk, and she may be the exception because they were bombarded with suggestions she may be BG (she was ruled out last year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia