Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see I have mixed up the months. Junelle was reported missing one month After Jane Doe was found, but I do strongly feel despite this it should be worth looking into as many missing are reported missing some time after actual date.

I dunno, there's so little information about Junelle and her friend that it's tempting to think the missing date could be wrong. There's certainly a strong resemblance.

According to a Charley Project commenter, Junelle had an arrest record, so I don't think she could be Racine County Jane Doe.

No worries, do you have a link to that comment? I have previously read all Charley's blog on their case and it was discussed only arrests of Dayna Menger. Those years also match her arrests. But I am keen to see any new or other information on Junelle and it would not be surprising if there were arrested together before if they hang out but so far I have not seen any arrests whatsoever for her.

And thank you for looking into it, all eyes and info count.

Thank You. Interesting. I have to check the dates to see if both girls arrests dates match (out of curiousity). All arrests are though prior to her 1999 disappearance. If you do not mind I will post your link in their thread.

Absolutely, the more info we get on these cases the better. Is there a way to find mugshots of Junelle?

Absolutely, the more info we get on these cases the better. Is there a way to find mugshots of Junelle?

Not sure there were any mugshots taken and if there were, where they are. Only one photo available of Junelle was found by Charley project and that one is from news archives, and photo was taken 5 years prior to her disappearance. Her yearbook is also not in classmates.

According to a Charley Project commenter, Junelle had an arrest record, so I don't think she could be Racine County Jane Doe.
Why would that rule her out?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I would think due to fingerprints being taken.

Logically thinking, Racine County Jane Doe has fingerprints available, Junelle was arrested and fingerprints taken I suppose. Where does Namus and the police keep fingerprints on file...just curious...I don't know how this works in the US. Would it be an automatic hit or rule out?

Logically thinking, Racine County Jane Doe has fingerprints available, Junelle was arrested and fingerprints taken I suppose. Where does Namus and the police keep fingerprints on file...just curious...I don't know how this works in the US. Would it be an automatic hit or rule out?
No, it would not be guaranteed.

Junelle's offense is serious enough she probably was fingerprinted, but if she completed her probation, the prints might not have been kept. Some US states partially purge your record after you successfully complete probation, especially if you're young.

In 1999, the technology allowed for coding and uploading prints, but different LE agencies varied in how much they used the system, and it could be quite expensive. Unless they thought she might have committed crimes in other jurisdictions, they might only have a paper card kept locally, and that might have been destroyed either from age or by accident (mildew, insects, flood, fire...)

In many states (Massachusetts is one), local LE didn't upload directly to CODIS. Instead they uploaded to a state system which in turn uploaded to the national system. Again, often only cases that were thought to have an out of state connection were uploaded.

In the old CODIS system, you had to have ten clear prints for a match. If even one was missing or unclear, it wouldn't match. The new system only needs one print, but it codes differently and I don't know whether there is any automatic conversion.

If there was a match, it would be a definite answer. But no match might just mean not enough information.

If they definitely have Junelle's prints and they were uploaded recently, it probably would have been a match, though.

That was based off "Well I found that Junelle was arrested around the time she disappeared well multiples of times in the year 1999 and 1997"

She was fingerprinted which is in NamUs so I agree, probably not RWJD

Charley project has just added photo of missing Junelle L. Marquard who disappeared with her female friend in August 20, 1999, from Nekoosa, Wisconsin, month before Racine Jane Doe was found. I think she looks strikingly similar on her only photo available which is from about 5 years before her disappearance.

Junelle was very sporty and very tall. Even reportedly taller then Racine Jane Doe and somewhat also heavier then Jane doe when reported missing. Jane Doe was assumed to be in captivity for few weeks so some weight difference would be natural.

marquard_junelle.jpg
199UFWI.jpg
199UFWI1.jpg

I think timeline, location and something very similar in resemblance do align. Jane Doe strong neck could correspond with doing lots of sports previously. She was added to Namus only few month ago. Thoughts?

Dentals are not available for her and DNA status states initial inquiry underway.
Fingerprint information is available and entered.

Junelle L. Marquard
http://charleyproject.org/case/junelle-l-marquard
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/40744/35
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...mp-Junelle-Marquard-21-Nekoosa-20-August-1999

No, it would not be guaranteed.

Junelle's offense is serious enough she probably was fingerprinted, but if she completed her probation, the prints might not have been kept. Some US states partially purge your record after you successfully complete probation, especially if you're young.

In 1999, the technology allowed for coding and uploading prints, but different LE agencies varied in how much they used the system, and it could be quite expensive. Unless they thought she might have committed crimes in other jurisdictions, they might only have a paper card kept locally, and that might have been destroyed either from age or by accident (mildew, insects, flood, fire...)

In many states (Massachusetts is one), local LE didn't upload directly to CODIS. Instead they uploaded to a state system which in turn uploaded to the national system. Again, often only cases that were thought to have an out of state connection were uploaded.

In the old CODIS system, you had to have ten clear prints for a match. If even one was missing or unclear, it wouldn't match. The new system only needs one print, but it codes differently and I don't know whether there is any automatic conversion.

If there was a match, it would be a definite answer. But no match might just mean not enough information.

If they definitely have Junelle's prints and they were uploaded recently, it probably would have been a match, though.

Thank you. Quite interesting to know.

I have read that new FBI fingerprint system and now run with cooperation with Namus since Jan 2017 is able to process even partial or quite deteriorated fingerprints. There have been quite a few identifications of older cases due to this since last year.

Junelle has been entered into Namus Nov 2017, so quite recently. Her fingerprints are stated to be available and entered though not sure in which database they might be.

Still not sure if it is worth submitting even though circumstances, location, resemblance all seems to me quite strong. I have been advised that she is way too tall and of course one month discrepancy is not too good either. I just wish we could dig out some more information or pics of Junelle. Also I think fingerprints to compare manually is much easier, faster and cheaper then in general collecting and comparing DNA, so it should not be too difficult to rule her our? (Btw Junelle has no DNA yet.)

I am in dilema due to all above. If someone thinks it is good and strong match than please go ahead and do submit. (I am not too handy with that so would appreciate help)

I have read that new FBI fingerprint system and now run with cooperation with Namus since Jan 2017 is able to process even partial or quite deteriorated fingerprints. There have been quite a few identifications of older cases due to this since last year.

Junelle has been entered into Namus Nov 2017, so quite recently. Her fingerprints are stated to be available and entered though not sure in which database they might be.

Still not sure if it is worth submitting even though circumstances, location, resemblance all seems to me quite strong. I have been advised that she is way too tall and of course one month discrepancy is not too good either. I just wish we could dig out some more information or pics of Junelle. Also I think fingerprints to compare manually is much easier, faster and cheaper then in general collecting and comparing DNA, so it should not be too difficult to rule her our? (Btw Junelle has no DNA yet.)

I am in dilema due to all above. If someone thinks it is good and strong match than please go ahead and do submit. (I am not too handy with that so would appreciate help)

Yes, the new system is pretty amazing and I expect many more matches as a result of it.

Recently I became aware that a match isn't as simple as having the system flag it and bingo, it's done. Both UID and missing person's LE have to follow up, investigate, and confirm. In an older case there may be difficulty locating and informing next of kin. There may be criminal investigation involved. It can take a long time.

I don't have an answer to your questions about the match. I personally don't think it's that strong, but I'm not the best person at seeing matches. I'm just good at lists and bookkeeping..

As I said, the match should have flagged because according to NamUs both prints are on file but you should submit anyway to be sure RWJD's LE have her prints in the same database because they used to hold the DNA. These days UNT holds it.

IMO they have her in mind for someone since they're looking to get DNA

It's mentioned her hair was highlighted. At some point, she/someone was taking care of her appearance.
Ears double pierced too....
Runaway...I think maybe never reported missing 😢

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members