Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Erica Baker was only 9 years old when she went missing 7 February, 1999

Her teeth, mouth shape resemble "Racine" girl's post mortem picture.

Could she had been kidnapped and kept alive until July 1999? Five months of teeth neglect? just speculation

Erica Baker:
Charlie Project: http://charleyproject.org/case/erica-nicole-baker

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AqD60VeQTQ

Racine girl PM: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=294&d=1187662337

Erika Baker was 9 year old child measuring 3'10 - 3'11. Racine Jane Doe was adult and 5'8. Just on this first two bases I would say no.

I think if the prep was caught, we might know her identity. This person was brutal and heartless. Can't help to think he has done this before. Maybe targets prostitutes or runaways....

Maybe this case could go to those ladies who identified buckskin girl. I find it interesting the coroner didn't state they found drugs like meth in her system,which people assume is reason for her teeth. Wouldn't they have mentioned this if it was in fact true. Also my partner has somewhat cauliflower ears from wearing motorcycle helmets since he was young from riding the bike with his dad. Just a point I wanted to mention.

Maybe this case could go to those ladies who identified buckskin girl. I find it interesting the coroner didn't state they found drugs like meth in her system,which people assume is reason for her teeth. Wouldn't they have mentioned this if it was in fact true. Also my partner has somewhat cauliflower ears from wearing motorcycle helmets since he was young from riding the bike with his dad. Just a point I wanted to mention.

She's already on their list of cases for consideration.

Good one newfiedee :) thanks for submitting! I wonder if Nicole Morin would be another Canadian case to throw in. Her hair seems straight but I know in my family a lot of us got wavy hair in our teens.

Here's one aged illustration of Nicole that could resemble Racine Doe
e262daebe188ca7b6a008322141b1c6b_view.jpg

Longshot but age and isotope location are good.

Nicole Morin,good one,I wonder if she's been ruled out by DNA yet? Only I'm not sure how well RCJD was in her development,to put it politely,stunted growth could lineup with that her being Nicole,you never know.

I think if the prep was caught, we might know her identity.

Maybe, but equally maybe not. We know from killers who have been caught and who targeted female runaways and drifters that often they could describe their victims and remembered what they were wearing and where they left their bodies but never knew their names or anything about them.

Sheriff optimistic that new technology might help identify Jane Doe

The Racine County Sheriff’s Office is hoping that emerging technology could help identify a woman who was found dead in Racine County almost two decades ago.

Advanced technology is solving cases that were incapable of being solved in the past, as recently evidenced by the identification of the “Golden State Killer.”

Decades after he reportedly raped and murdered several woman in California, Joseph James DeAngelo Jr. was identified as the reported killer after authorities ran DNA evidence through a genealogy website.

And now local authorities would like to use that same technology to identify the body of Jane Doe, who was found in Racine County years ago.

The Racine County Sheriff’s Office is hoping that emerging technology could help identify a woman who was found dead in Racine County almost two decades ago.

I suspect once the news about Buckskin Girl and Lyle Stevik filters through to LE across the US we'll see them queuing up with their case files in hand.

I emailed Investigator Knaus of Racine County PD about DNA Doe Project a month ago and received no response. I hope Sheriff Schmaling is aware of them. The way that he speaks of GEDMatch in the article makes it sound like he isn't aware of DDP but I hope that isn't the case.

I think it would be very difficult for a police department to do the work DDP is doing because they're not trained scientists who have been adapting tools for this purpose.

There’s gotta be more we can do to help people like DDP. I sit at home all day, there has to be something I can do!!

There’s gotta be more we can do to help people like DDP. I sit at home all day, there has to be something I can do!!

Donations are definitely the best way we currently can help.

I know they have enough volunteers for now but maybe they will need more in the future.

Donations are definitely the best way we currently can help.

I know they have enough volunteers for now but maybe they will need more in the future.

I have seen their ad somewhere in last few weeks that they were searching for extra volunteers with experience in adoption genealogy research.

There are quite a few good genealogy researchers on WS and I am sure they would be able to assist DDP. Maybe whoever is interested (and has experience/knowledge) go and ask them.

I haven't read this whole thread yet, so I wouldn't know what people's opinions would be on this. Nyleen's been considered by many online to be a possible match. The isotope test determining she's from or lived in Montana further drives them into this speculation. I just want to point out that Nyleen wasn't from Montana but actually California. She moved to Montana at least in 1981.

I'm pretty certain it's not Nyleen because she has blue eyes, and Racine doesn't. The one thing I noticed about Racine's case file is the description specifically stated her eyes were not blue.

I'm pretty certain it's not Nyleen because she has blue eyes, and Racine doesn't. The one thing I noticed about Racine's case file is the description specifically stated her eyes were not blue.

Yeah, but they would bring up that eyes change color. I don't think this Jane Doe is Nyleen either. Wouldn't both of their DNA's being on NamUS alert the fact they're a match?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader