GUILTY WI - Reena Williams, 3, Town of Swiss, 14 Aug 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to the criminal complaints, a friend of Williams' told police that minutes before the girl disappeared, he and Williams had been smoking synthetic marijuana. Danish told someone she had been sleeping at the time. During the search for Reena, police found drug paraphernalia as well as suspected marijuana and synthetic marijuana at the home.

Police also noticed that a sheet had been found hanging over all of the west-facing windows in the kitchen, completely blocking the view of the canal. According to the complaint, the area, which is where Reena was found dead, would have been "plainly visible" from those windows if they hadn't been covered.

In a later search of the house after the girl's body was recovered, more drug paraphernalia was found. The family's dog was also determined to be severely neglected.

http://www.startribune.com/local/170761766.html?refer=y

Where's that friend of Jenna's that let her babysit her small child? All just a misunderstanding, the family was being portrayed wrongly? Really?!!
icon8.gif

I am so glad something is being done about this, poor little Reena, sounds like she didn't have a chance. How on earth would anyone use her for child care?

So Mom was shopping for a phone for her BROTHER? Because he... couldn't use someone else's phone to contact his family?

We sure she wasn't somewhere getting rid of, oh say, paraphernalia?

All speculation and obviously JMO. I am disheartened by this entire situation. My girl just turned 3 and I can't even IMAGINE not knowing where she is for more than 2 minutes without calling authorities, much less over an hour. I just... no.

So glad charges are being brought. My heart goes out to baby Reena.

Thank God. So how does this work now that charges have been filed? Will an arrest warrant be sought if they are not located? They can face up to 25 years in jail. How likely is that?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Glad to hear it. Hopefully they can make it stick.

I watched my 15 month old granddaughter today, and she was never out of my sight. When my children were Reena's age, they were never unattended either. Never mind the fact that we weren't near water.

I'm glad they are being charged. It was so preventable! And it seems again that drugs take a priority. How many times have we seen this? Too many in my opinion!

JMO

Edited to say: Sorry to sound so ornary, it just makes me so angry!

The article above said they were trying to get warrants signed by a Judge today, right now!! Whether they are at the home or somewhere else, they will have warrants outstanding. Surely they weren't dumb enough to bail outa dodge and try to hide ...

Glad to see that LE is going after those parents!! That poor neglected little one, may she rest in peace.

More detailed info in this article

Complaint paints picture of drug use, neglect to daughter and dog

http://www.the-leader.net/complaint-paints-picture.html

That was painful to read. They could not even take proper care of a dog, let alone beautiful Reena. There is one thing to be thankful for; they have no other children, and hopefully will spend enough time in prison that they will be too old to have any more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back