WI - Six killed, 4 injured in Sikh temple shooting, Oak Creek, 5 Aug 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another horrible human being trying to make himself into something by ruining the lives of others. Shameful.

Temple Gunman Ex-Stepmom: 'I Wish I Had Some Answers'

"I can't imagine what could have gone through his mind for him to do something like this, or anyone to do something like this," she said. "You can't be functioning normally obviously. But we'll never know why."

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=16945837

The Southern Poverty Law Center, said the man -- Wade Michael Page -- had long been involved in the hard-core, neo-Nazi music scene and had ties to the loosely-organized, violent racist “Hammerskin” organization.

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) said on Aug. 6 it had also been tracking Page, who referred to himself as “Jack Boot,” since 2010 as he performed in racist music venues, with some performances as recently as October, 2011.

The Hammerskins, said SPLC, is a nationwide skinhead organization with regional factions and chapters that once dominated the racist skinhead movement in the U.S. ADL's Center on Extremism, called the Hammerskins “a longstanding hardcore racist skinhead group with a history of violence and hate crimes.”

http://www.gsnmagazine.com/node/26939?c=law_enforcement_first_responders

He said Page also used a pseudonym, “Jack Boot,” an apparent reference to the high military boots worn by members of dictatorial regimes such as Nazi Germany.

Page became a “fully patched” member of the Hammerskins by late 2011 after going through an apprenticeship period. He had one of their tattoos on his right arm -- a sort of cogwheel with the numbers 838 inside it (838 is an alpha-numeric code that means “hail crossed hammers,” a reference to their logo of two-crossed hammers that was taken from Pink Floyd’s “The Wall”), Pitcavage said. The tattoo also had the group’s colors of red, black and yellow.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ed-neo-nazi-band-had-deep-extremist-ties?lite

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/165244086.html

Vigil and wake planned after Sikh temple shooting; shooter legally bought gun

OAK CREEK - Officials say that the man responsible for the massacre at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek legally purchased his semi-automatic handgun. Meanwhile, vigils and a wake and visitation have been planned for victims this week.

It is really bothering to me that they keep giving military reference to this idiot. He never served in active duty so there is no PTSD issue.
Right. But he was in army psyops. Which certainly raises questions, to my mind. For example, what sort of training do they go through, above and beyond bootcamp? What do they learn about psychological manipulation? Here's an excerpt from their factsheet ( link )

Military Information Support Operations Soldiers use persuasion to influence perceptions and encourage desired behavior. The cornerstone of Military Information Support Operations is truth, credibly presented to convince a given audience to cease resistance or take actions favorable to friendly forces. During recent combat actions, the effective use of Military Information Support Operations was a combat multiplier that directly contributed to the surrender of thousands of enemy forces. Also, it is clear that its effectiveness has saved the lives of many civilians and members of U.S. and allied militaries.

Here's a wiki overview of psyops. ( link )

The U.S. Department of Defense defines psychological warfare as:
The planned use of propaganda and other psychological actions having the primary purpose of influencing the opinions, emotions, attitudes, and behavior of hostile foreign groups in such a way as to support the achievement of national objectives.
What matters, or should, imho, matter, is that this white supremacist was, arguably recruited due to his psyops knowledge.

I just had a thought.

While researching for another thread here some time back, I found out that all (or maybe most?) baptized Sikh males have to wear a kirpan under their clothes for protection of themselves and any other innocent person who is threatened. I wonder if they don't wear them in their temples because they feel safe there?

I just remembered that because the article talked about the president of the temple finding a butter knife to stab WMP.

I would have thought he, and many others would have had kirpans.

I'll have to see what I can find out about that.

The kirpan as well as the kara, the kanga, the undergarment and the uncut hair are the same as the payot, the shtreimel and the tzitzis worn by the Chasidim or rosary beads by Catholics.

The kirpan has religious significance; in this case the priest, who was murdered, died defending his people with his kirpan. In some American Indian cultures that is Hoka Hey, meaning an honorable death. Prayers offered to the Sikh community on this tragic loss of life.

Right. But he was in army psyops. Which certainly raises questions, to my mind. For example, what sort of training do they go through, above and beyond bootcamp? What do they learn about psychological manipulation? Here's an excerpt from their factsheet ( link )

Military Information Support Operations Soldiers use persuasion to influence perceptions and encourage desired behavior. The cornerstone of Military Information Support Operations is truth, credibly presented to convince a given audience to cease resistance or take actions favorable to friendly forces. During recent combat actions, the effective use of Military Information Support Operations was a combat multiplier that directly contributed to the surrender of thousands of enemy forces. Also, it is clear that its effectiveness has saved the lives of many civilians and members of U.S. and allied militaries.

Here's a wiki overview of psyops. ( link )

The U.S. Department of Defense defines psychological warfare as:
The planned use of propaganda and other psychological actions having the primary purpose of influencing the opinions, emotions, attitudes, and behavior of hostile foreign groups in such a way as to support the achievement of national objectives.
What matters, or should, imho, matter, is that this white supremacist was, arguably recruited due to his psyops knowledge.

The last sentence, 'What matters, or should, . . .' :waitasec:
Recruited by whom?

The last sentence, 'What matters, or should, . . .' :waitasec:
Recruited by whom?
Sorry for being unclear. I was referring to this ( link ):

An FBI report released in 2008 said white supremacist leaders were actively recruiting military veterans for their specialized knowledge and access to weapons. The same report said that the number of military or ex-military members of racist organizations was "minuscule" compared with the almost 24 million veterans and 1.4 million active-duty forces.

Also see this senate letter ( link ), which refers to the aforementioned report. Said report had to do with H. RES. 404 ( link )

Btw, I do not know that he was actually recruited, hence my qualifier, arguably.

A real world example of Army Psyop in action is what they did to aid the U.S. effort during the Gulf War. Their goal was to downsize the number of enemy troops without killing them. Artists created themed leaflets designed with pictures and messages (linguists are used to write messages in their language) developed to persuade foreign combatants to surrender peacefully. These leaflets are dropped from helicopters by the thousands down to the people. Also they have messages of why we are there and that the civilians should not fear the U.S. and anti American stuff their government has told them to believe about us.

There are loud speaker teams that broadcast messages about surrendering. They go to the front lines where armed fighting is in progress by the Marines and they try to convince putting down arms so that everyone can stop the shooting and thus the killing of one another. Again, they try to encourage surrender rather than fighting. It's believed this resulted in 40,000 enemy troops surrendering to the U.S. Marines and Army as opposed to being shot at or killed with a bomb.

Psyop is not a covert operation.

I had the worst nightmares last night - can't remember the last time I slept and had such active bad dreams. It must be because of this horrible event and the memories it brings up for me of stuff I went through NOT NEARLY AS IN MY FACE as what the people who were shot at directly went through Sunday. I can't imagine the trauma and horror they went through will leave in one's mind. They will have to acquire coping skills in order to handle what they've witnessed. The only upside is that they know they can/should seek counsel to help them get through this trauma.

My prayers are with these peaceful people and I'm sorry this has happened to their community.

Psyop is not a covert operation.
I've long considered psyops to be equivalent to propaganda in its various forms.

Btw, your Gulf War story reminded me of a more distant story, when military psyops was still in its infancy. That is, wrt the officially christened pov, which occurred sometime during the vietnam war. One particular operation involved air dropping super-sized condoms over villages and along suspected travel points. The person who cooked up this, imho, hilarious idea posited that vietcong who found these condoms would be intimidated by american soldiers "prowess," which in turn, would impact their morale, thereby resulting in willingness to surrender. Not surprisingly, it did not work.

The latest in the Sentinal Journal reporting indicates that Page was well into his white supremacist beliefs while serving in the Army.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...ite-supremacist-856cn28-165123946.html?ipad=y

"But Page's beliefs were starting to show.

Fred Allen Lucas, a Bloomington, Ind., man who served with Page at Fort Bragg, N.C., in a psychological operations battalion, recalled that he spoke of the need for securing a homeland for white people and referred to all non-whites as "dirt people."

"It didn't matter if they were black, Indian, Native American, Latin - he hated them all," Lucas said.

Lucas said he met Page in 1995, the same year that the killings of a black couple in Fayetteville by two members of the 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg revealed the presence of a white-supremacist movement among soldiers on the base.

At the time, Lucas said, Page was covered with tattoos, including one that made a reference to the "14 words," a phrase used by white supremacists: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children."

"He criticized me for my attraction to (Latina) women," Lucas said. "He'd call me a 'race-traitor.' He said I should change my ways because I was a blond-haired, blue-eyed white guy, and I shouldn't be wasting myself on that."

There is more...

The latest in the Sentinal Journal reporting indicates that Page was well into his white supremacist beliefs while serving in the Army.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...ite-supremacist-856cn28-165123946.html?ipad=y

"But Page's beliefs were starting to show.

Fred Allen Lucas, a Bloomington, Ind., man who served with Page at Fort Bragg, N.C., in a psychological operations battalion, recalled that he spoke of the need for securing a homeland for white people and referred to all non-whites as "dirt people."

"It didn't matter if they were black, Indian, Native American, Latin - he hated them all
," Lucas said.

Lucas said he met Page in 1995, the same year that the killings of a black couple in Fayetteville by two members of the 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg revealed the presence of a white-supremacist movement among soldiers on the base.

At the time, Lucas said, Page was covered with tattoos, including one that made a reference to the "14 words," a phrase used by white supremacists: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children."

"He criticized me for my attraction to (Latina) women," Lucas said. "He'd call me a 'race-traitor.' He said I should change my ways because I was a blond-haired, blue-eyed white guy, and I shouldn't be wasting myself on that."

There is more...

BBM

This comes as no surprise to any American Indian in this country and those who are now ex-pats.

BBM

This comes as no surprise to any American Indian in this country and those who are now ex-pats.
It doesn't surprise me at all. What surprises me is the notion that there are people who think this kind of activity did not take place in the armed forces. That they are somehow immune from all hatred and bigotry.

OAK CREEK — Oak Creek police shot and killed 40-year-old Wade Michael Page on the scene of the shooting that killed six at the Sikh Temple in Oak Creek Sunday. Because the prime suspect cannot be interrogated, FBI officials working the investigation are scouring the country in search of any clues as to a motive.

Page lived in South Milwaukee with a girlfriend — 31-year-old nursing student Misty Cook, and her son. FOX6 News has learned Cook was arrested Tuesday evening on tentative charges of being a felon in possession of a weapon. The weapon was reportedly found in Cook’s home after she was questioned by authorities following the shooting, and her home was searched.

http://fox6now.com/2012/08/07/offic...ges-participation-in-supremacist-music-scene/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachel_008
Back