WI - Six killed, 4 injured in Sikh temple shooting, Oak Creek, 5 Aug 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They believe there was only one shooter but they're not 100 percent sure - two handguns found on the scene, semi automatic.

They know who the one shooter is but need time to contact his family and investigate him and people who knew him.

Who did this info come from?

FBI is investigating if gunman acted alone or on behalf of a group.

Wow, CNN is reporting more than our local stations.

NewsHub ‏@NewsHub
Oak Creek Police Chief John Edwards says there are "weapons on scene," but doesn't elaborate. #templeshooting

Son of a victim says that, from briefing at bowling alley, lot of agencies in there, many traumatized people. Family members let in to calm victims. Most beautiful image was in conference area where food was being handed out free in the Sikh tradition. Probably about 30 witnesses. They are distraught, in a state he has never seen. His mom was in kitchen and then hid in a closet, calling people. She is tremendously distraught. A lot more people were able to get to cover than was a first thought. The people who were shot were in more than one area. His dad was in the office area.

Wow, CNN is reporting more than our local stations.

Maybe our local stations are being more discreet about info than national stations because they don't want to hamper investigation.

Now local news is reporting on CNN's report about the 2 semi-automatic handguns. This info is not official from the chief, but from other LE sources.
The FBI is going to handle the criminal investigation.

I see my husband has changed the channel from WITI to TMJ4 at some point. I tuned to WITI when I saw the thread because it is the first local station on my cable list.

Just read about this. It's heartbreaking. This must be a copycat killing of sorts, at least it sounds like it.
No doubt another crazy person. Another sad day for our nation.

I am sure that LE has identified the shooter. But they need to take it slow. They have to assume he has his home or office boobytrapped, and they cannot allow any reporters or lookey-lous to get that info early and go poking around.

News says neighborhood in Cudahy, WI, is being evacuated. This is also in Milwaukee metro area about 5 1/2 miles away from Oak Creek.

Some guy being interviewed on local news claims to have been told by a relative that the perp was 6' tall, bald, and had a 9/11 tattoo.

Police know who gunman is. Are searching his home in Cudahy. (Being reported on CNN)

Gosh. Prayers for those residents.

What an awful day in that part of the state.

Now that this is happening, I'm sure we will hear the shooter's name soon. The media will be all over this.

Cudahy looks like nice neighborhood of older homes -- 1900 Victorian type.
Bomb squad on scene.

3700 block of whatever street it is. Someone just moved in a week ago to the duplex they are searching. (WISN reports)

People on the suspect's street and people across the alley have been evacuated. Reporter estimates 25 or so families.

FBI is in charge. ATF and Milwaukee's bomb squad and Cudahy p.d. are there, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny
Back