WI - Teresa Marie Halbach, 25, Manitowoc, 31 Oct 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AlwaysHope said:
last night on the news it stated that the LE took samples of dog fecies, and the bucket in which the dog food was kept. The LE would not comment on this, but a private investegator said that the reason they would do this is because they may believe that SA feed TH to the dog to dispose of the remains.

For real... how sick is this man? It makes me sad to think you can not trust anyone...

Always

Oh, my GOD!

Yaya said:
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+2]Homicide charges against Avery delayed [/size][/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+1]Bail to be set today at court appearance [/size][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MANITOWOC — A special prosecutor is expected to file homicide charges today in Manitowoc County Circuit Court against Steven Avery in time for a judge to set bail during Avery's previously scheduled court appearance. [/font][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Although the homicide charge was not filed Monday as expected, search warrants returned to the Manitowoc County Courthouse linked "*advertiser censored*, torture and death" to a possible motive in the disappearance and presumed death of photographer Teresa Halbach. [/font][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Warrants revealed that investigators seized Avery's computer last week. The hard drive was turned over to the Grand Chute Police Department. The department, like the state Crime Lab, does forensic examinations of computers. [/font][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A search warrant return filed by Calumet County Sheriff's Detective Mark Wiegert said he believes "images of *advertiser censored*, torture and death may be relevant as to issues of intent, motive or Steven Avery's plan to commit violent or sexual torture against Teresa Halbach." [/font][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]According to the records, an unspecified number of five-gallon buckets also "have been located on the Avery compound property which appear to have been utilized to distribute the burned remains" of an adult female body. [/font][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Authorities also found "items believed to be human muscle tissue" and "material believed to be human skin," a warrant return says. [/font][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Searchers also found Halbach's crumpled license plates in a junked car on the Avery property. [/font][/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Judge Patrick Willis is expected today to set bail and a preliminary hearing date for Avery, 43, for a firearms possession charge. Avery will be transported to the Manitowoc County Courthouse from the Calumet County Jail in Chilton for the 2 p.m. hearing. [/font][/font]

http://www.sheboygan-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051115/MAN0101/511150323/1358
Bail?! Aren't there some crimes for which no bail, nada, nothing should be set? He's in jail now without bond. Can they just continue without bond?

So, there is unidentified DNA that does not belong to Steve or Teresa....also more human remains/bones found in cars scattered around the yard....buckets that were used to distribute burnt remains....:eek:

I have this sick feeling that more than one person has met their demise while visiting this "hillbilly horror show" aka the Avery Salvage Yard.....IMO

I have a question: When a body is being burned there is a terrific odor/smell, right? Would using tires to accelerate the fire disguise the smell? If not, you can't tell me that the other people residing in that yard did not smell something odd when the burn pit was set on fire :banghead:

WGBA-TV
Prosecutors have charged Steven Avery with the murder of Teresa Halbach. The Mishicot man is also charged with mutilating her corpse.

He has repeatedly denied he had anything to do with Halbach's

disappearance or murder.

Investigators searching for Halbach say they found human teeth

and bones in the burn pit behind Avery's garage. Prosecutors say

they found Avery's blood in Halbach's S-U-V discovered on the Avery

family property. And they say Avery's D-N-A was found on the

ignition key to Halbach's vehicle.

Halbach had an appointment to photograph some cars at the Avery

salvage yard October 31st, the day she disappeared.

Avery is the man who was freed from prison two years ago after

he spent 18 years behind bars for a sexual assault it was later learned he didn't commit.

Avery has repeatedly told reporters he believes he's being set up because of his pending 36 (M) million dollar lawsuit against Manitowoc County for his wrongful conviction.

-The Associated Press.

www.nbc26.com

joanofarc said:
So, there is unidentified DNA that does not belong to Steve or Teresa....also more human remains/bones found in cars scattered around the yard....buckets that were used to distribute burnt remains....:eek:

I have this sick feeling that more than one person has met their demise while visiting this "hillbilly horror show" aka the Avery Salvage Yard.....IMO

I have a question: When a body is being burned there is a terrific odor/smell, right? Would using tires to accelerate the fire disguise the smell? If not, you can't tell me that the other people residing in that yard did not smell something odd when the burn pit was set on fire :banghead:

Where did you find this info? I totally agree with you about the burning... but i would think rubber burning is a pretty powerful smell... This poor family!

• Investigators also seized Avery's home computer because they believe that "images of *advertiser censored*, torture and death may be relevant" to motive of any sexual crimes against Halbach.

What images? I hope not of HER! I hope he didnt take pictures. Please let that not be true.

AlwaysHope said:
Where did you find this info? I totally agree with you about the burning... but i would think rubber burning is a pretty powerful smell... This poor family!
I read this but it is poorly worded so the meaning may be construed but I thought it looked suspicious....DNA could be from an accomplise or IMO another person who was murdered there....

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/13167065.htm

Calumet County Sheriff Gerald Pagel said Monday investigators were waiting for the crime lab to finish analyzing DNA that had been recovered but was not Halbach's or Avery's. Pagel said they were trying to determine whether anyone else in the Avery family was involved in the murder.

joanofarc said:
I read this but it is poorly worded so the meaning may be construed but I thought it looked suspicious....DNA could be from an accomplise or IMO another person who was murdered there....

Calumet County Sheriff Gerald Pagel said Monday investigators were waiting for the crime lab to finish analyzing DNA that had been recovered but was not Halbach's or Avery's. Pagel said they were trying to determine whether anyone else in the Avery family was involved in the murder.
I didnt think he'd done it alone. I just hope it's not the DNA of another victim. I am reminded of that movie "Devils Rejects" when I think of this family. Sad, but true.

joanofarc said:

Thanks!! This just makes me so angry... how can you care so little about another human being? Why do this to her family?

mssheila said:
I didnt think he'd done it alone. I just hope it's not the DNA of another victim. I am reminded of that movie "Devils Rejects" when I think of this family. Sad, but true.

There are people missing from that area... i hope it isn't DNA from other victims as well...

His sister in law said that she believed SA was guilty. But, at first she was backing him, it wasn't until yesterday she thought he was guilty. His brother doesn't look/act real innocent... that makes me a little nervous!!

AlwaysHope said:
There are people missing from that area... i hope it isn't DNA from other victims as well...

His sister in law said that she believed SA was guilty. But, at first she was backing him, it wasn't until yesterday she thought he was guilty. His brother doesn't look/act real innocent... that makes me a little nervous!!
I've been looking on the WI site for missing adults, and I see some from the "area", but not men in the immediate area. Here's the link.

http://www.wafmp.org/missingpersons.cfm

AlwaysHope said:
Thanks!! This just makes me so angry... how can you care so little about another human being? Why do this to her family?
I've been searching to find the article where I read that bones were found in some of the cars....I can't find the article now....:doh: and I was sure I read it a few posts back....it might be the one where you have to register where Steve's sister is talking.....(maybe you didn't have to register when it was posted and now you do)....guys this is making me crazy :crazy: Did I dream this or what?? I hate when this happens and I sure don't want to put out any misinformation....I suppose the newspaper could pull out the remarks and change them if they had made a mistake and were incorrect or it was information they didn't want released yet....

The press is reporting muscle tissue and material that looks like skin was found......this is not sounding good....IMO....it sounds like the makings of serial killer(s) to me......reminds me of Vancouver's Robert Pickton.....

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/predators/robert_pickton/1.html

I can't comprehend that anyone who is this demented could honestly hide it for this long. But then again the investigation is very early & who knows how many others the sicko has done this too. He could of went out of the area to grab others. I have a real sick feeling over this........

Picture I keep seeing in my mind is the Texas Chain Saw Masscare...

cheko1 said:
Picture I keep seeing in my mind is the Texas Chain Saw Masscare...
OMG cheko....good one....that movie scared the bejesus out of me!!!!

AlwaysHope said:
last night on the news it stated that the LE took samples of dog fecies, and the bucket in which the dog food was kept. The LE would not comment on this, but a private investegator said that the reason they would do this is because they may believe that SA feed TH to the dog to dispose of the remains.

For real... how sick is this man? It makes me sad to think you can not trust anyone...

Always
It makes me wonder about his first conviction that he was later exonerated over-even tho DNA shows the semen was someone elses - it makes me wonder what really happened-or did he think he could get away with this because he had been wrongly accused in the past-did he think that noone would want to attempt to convict him this time?
I mean it makes me think he did do the other crime-yet they say it could not have been him..I dont believe it yet how can the dna be wrong?
It just makes me think he has done the crime he was accused of.
Any ideas on this..
and its my first time over here so if this has been discussed -sorry- I havent read anything yet-he is a disgusting person and if dna was used to exonerate him in one case he should know its not ok to have it both ways-now all of a sudden DNA isnt to be believed?

mssheila said:
I've been looking on the WI site for missing adults, and I see some from the "area", but not men in the immediate area. Here's the link.

http://www.wafmp.org/missingpersons.cfm
Did you notice alot of the women that are missing have tatoos....that is very interesting and might point to one killer....hmmmm

btw

is there a thread somewhere about this teenage couple who's parents were killed (the girls)..just curious if she had any involvement or if she was a victim even though she may not appear to be at first glance..

newtv said:
It makes me wonder about his first conviction that he was later exonerated over-even tho DNA shows the semen was someone elses - it makes me wonder what really happened-or did he think he could get away with this because he had been wrongly accused in the past-did he think that noone would want to attempt to convict him this time?
Hi New:

For some reason I don't think it was DNA from semen....something about a pubic hair that was taken from the victim and material gathered from underneath her fingernails.

Let me go check :)

mssheila said:
Here's some new links for today...

http://www.postcrescent.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051114/APC0101/511140409

http://www.postcrescent.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051114/APC0101/511140422

From the article:
Pending evidence at the state Crime Lab may implicate possible accomplices, he said. "We're waiting for information on that," Kratz said. "Then I hope to do it sooner rather than later."

Hmmmm. That's interesting. I can tell by interviews that the brothers are extremely concerned that they'll "be framed" too. I guess we'll find out soon.

Also, she was dismembered before being burned....

From the article:
Police said blood, bone fragments, teeth and other evidence from the search of homes, buildings and the 40-acre salvage yard determined Halbach was slain and dismembered by Steven Avery, who allegedly attempted to burn her body and other evidence.
Kratz said he and Pagel called in Milwaukee Police Department officers who were involved in the Jeffrey Dahmer case, since those officers also had to work with body parts in their investigation. Dahmer, of Milwaukee, was convicted in 1992 of killing and dismembering 15 men.

Ugh, I hope he ends up with the same fate as Dahmer too.
Not crazy, here it is....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member