WI WI - Vernon Co, WhtFem 50-65,261UFWI, severed hands, dentures, May'84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On Jane Doe's 37th anniversary, i think that her identity will be uncovered in the following months! I have faith in the DDP, hopefully she will have significant matches moving forward!

Justice will come for the Vernon County Jane Doe

On Jane Doe's 37th anniversary, i think that her identity will be uncovered in the following months! I have faith in the DDP, hopefully she will have significant matches moving forward!

Justice will come for the Vernon County Jane Doe

Great News!! Hopefully this poor woman gets her name back and we will know what happened to her.

Bumping - just posted this in the Othram thread as a case they could possibly help with. I think it is quite possible that she is Ashkenazi Jewish and had family that came to the US during a time where the rest of the extended family could have been killed in pogroms or the Holocaust based off the O4. This is the case with my family on both sides (my dad has a similar O4 profile on his maternal DNA) and why we are unable to trace much back prior to the late 1800's in some branches. I did see a lead on the WI DOJ website saying that she is likely from/lived in AZ or NM... so that may be a good place to start if we are looking at non DNA leads. Westby Wisconsin Unidentified | Clearinghouse for Missing & Exploited Children & Adults

I think that the DNA Doe Project was already working on her case.

She is not AJ at all according to her DDP spreadsheet.

Check Reservation Rd Jane Doe, Kern 2011 JD or Jonesport John Doe for typical Ashkenazi profiles. My fully AJ husband has the same pattern.
Those have a good two thirds Red Sea/East Med and one third European. Cant really confuse or mistake it.

Even if someone is only partially AJ, it is quite distinctive. I am partially AJ and still have a good third East Med/Red Sea and a lot of AJ in my estimates.

Bumping - just posted this in the Othram thread as a case they could possibly help with. I think it is quite possible that she is Ashkenazi Jewish and had family that came to the US during a time where the rest of the extended family could have been killed in pogroms or the Holocaust based off the O4. This is the case with my family on both sides (my dad has a similar O4 profile on his maternal DNA) and why we are unable to trace much back prior to the late 1800's in some branches. I did see a lead on the WI DOJ website saying that she is likely from/lived in AZ or NM... so that may be a good place to start if we are looking at non DNA leads. Westby Wisconsin Unidentified | Clearinghouse for Missing & Exploited Children & Adults

Last edited:
Vernon County Jane Doe
Digital image created from study of morgue photographs to depict an estimation of the victim in life
Forensic facial reconstruction of the Vernon County Jane Doe
BornApprox. 1919–1934
StatusUnidentified for 38 years and 24 days
Diedc. May 3, 1984 (aged 50 to 65)
Westby, Vernon County, Wisconsin, United States
Cause of deathHomicide by blunt force trauma
Body discoveredMay 4, 1984
Resting placeViroqua Cemetery, Vernon County, Wisconsin
Known forUnidentified victim of homicide
HeightBetween 5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)
and 5 ft 6 in (1.68 m

Marianne I think is a good shot,and she is from Arizona. Plus her son's story sounds weak, wonder if anyone saw Marianne between May December of 1984.

My best bet for this doe since someone posted it on Reddit. She's out of age range but going by the looks of the pm photos, the age range seemed a bit off anyway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back