Will KC testify at trial?

• She will testify.

Votes: 312 27.4%
  • She will not testify.

Votes: 826 72.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Casey Anthony, getting on the witness stand would literally be the kiss of death. So, I voted that she won't. Others have already pointed out the reasons and Cindy's rational that "being a liar does not make someone a murderer" (paraphrased) won't wash with the jury.

There is a teensy-weensy part of me, however, that makes me wonder if she has the ego to think she could pull it off. Nah! Baez and Mason would sit on her (literally) to keep her off the stand unless THEY think they are such wonderful lawyers that they could coach her to withstand cross-examination Nah...

Let's not forget.. ICA sees herself as part of the "dream team". ICA just might have fantasies about becoming JB's right hand woman and get on that stand to show off her "legal" ability. She's been studying those law books in her cozy dorm. She just might have a Perry Mason moment.

I voted No but, I do think there is a chance she will. Many of you have already posted the reason's. She just thinks she is smarter than everyone else.

:fence:

I remember that also Marina2, and thanks for bringing that up. However I'm pretty cynical about anything BC has to say, because we have heard complete rubbish from him in the past regarding anything to do with the Anthonys.
I don't take his statements as an indication she will take the stand, just that he may very well have been privy to a defense strategy that prompted him to make these statements. Seems that they were thinking of going the accident, got out of hand strategy back then and if so I think she would have to take the stand.

Originally posted by P1569...

Ok I know I am one of the minority here but I do believe the defendant will take the stand.
The theory I have behind this is that the defendant has never been held accountable for anything. The defendant thinks she is smarter than everyone with her skill of being able to manipulate all with her lies. The defendant thinks that she is in control of her case and is reading up on the laws (a jail inmate/jail lawyer). The defendant thinks also that she is all that. The defendant is always seen shaking her head every time she is disgusted with what the SA's say in court. The defendant thinks too much imo. Just when she thinks she has won on the stand with her twisting of facts the SA's will come in and show her, tell her and instruct the jury exactly what the defendant is. imo Either way whether she takes the stand herself to spin her stories or not take the stand the case is going to end the same. jmo

My thoughts exactly.

Mods is this is against the TOS rules for posting this please remove. Thank you

Last Tuesday a woman in Ocala, Marion County, Florida was sentenced to death. She had the same attitude as the defendant in this case. imo She took the stand in her defense. She was on tape admitting the crime to I believe her SIL(?) (can't remember). She was also astonished that the jury still convicted her 7 to 5 for death. She is now at Lowell awaiting her fate. mo

http://www.ocala.com/article/201102...39?Title=Death-sentence-for-Emilia-Carr&tc=ar

Thanks P1569
Currently there are 2 women on Florida's Death Row with the possibility of a 3rd.

I hope Casey and her Defense team are paying attention..

This was a quasi love triangle but there are similarities..

Originally posted by P1569...

My thoughts exactly.

I also agree with this. I was actually thinking about this the other day and thought to pose this question on here, but figured it had already been done in the thousands of posts and didn't feel like searching. I know she will be ADVISED NOT to take the stand, by all of her attorneys, but I think she thinks she can "outwit and outsmart" (like the show Survivor) the attorneys and the jury, everyone, remember her walk through Universal Studios? that is still one of the biggest things that stands out for me. Where did she think she was going, did she think that somewhere along that drive to her "job" along the way, while getting out of the car, walking toward the building, entering, and before the end of the hall where she did NOT work, she would figure something out, she would come up with something to get her out of this, it would work out. She will really WANT to take the stand, I guess it will depend also on how the beginning of the trial goes, if anything will FINALLY sink in once the evidence is laid out before her by the prosecution. I believe she will argue to her attorneys to get HER story out. Great post!

I had to vote no she will not testify. It would be insane to put the proven liar who did not lift one finger or utter one true sentence to help find her daughter on the stand to face JA and LDB. However, I can imagine a scenario where KC sits in her seat listening to person after person calling her a liar, talking about her misdeeds, telling the world what a miserable little person she really is, and she has an in-court outburst, proclaiming that they are the real liars and that she wants to tell her side. I can see HHJP's face as he talks to her council, explaining to them that if their client wishes to speak at her trial, she must be allowed. After all, death is different. I imagine the look of utter fear that crosses JB's face as KC prisses across the floor, takes the stand, raises her hand and lies yet again as she promises to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, as though she even knew what that word meant. The rest would be a nightmare for the defense. The SA would give her an inch of rope, throw out a few subtle suggestions, and then let her go. She would ramble on and on, creating a brand new web of lies about what happened, giving the SA all of the ammunition they would need to annihilate her. It would be heaven for all of us to watch, and would be the death knell for ICA. I'd love to see it. With this bunch, it is anybodies guess what they will actually do come trial. Moo.

Ok I know I am one of the minority here but I do believe the defendant will take the stand.
The theory I have behind this is that the defendant has never been held accountable for anything. The defendant thinks she is smarter than everyone with her skill of being able to manipulate all with her lies. The defendant thinks that she is in control of her case and is reading up on the laws (a jail inmate/jail lawyer). The defendant thinks also that she is all that. The defendant is always seen shaking her head every time she is disgusted with what the SA's say in court. The defendant thinks too much imo. Just when she thinks she has won on the stand with her twisting of facts the SA's will come in and show her, tell her and instruct the jury exactly what the defendant is. imo Either way whether she takes the stand herself to spin her stories or not take the stand the case is going to end the same. jmo

Rest assured that she will NOT take the stand because she knows JA will rip her a new one. :D

I think all your comments are great. I voted that she won't take the stand. She would hang herself right then and there. I think it would be a dream come true for JA and LDB if she did! They would skin her alive on the stand. But Casey wants to be heard. She has a lot to say and wants to say it and even more so when the trial starts. Will her attorneys be able to keep her quiet and off the stand? That remains to be seen.

I do not think she'll take the stand but I won't be surprised if she does. :)

If the day ever comes that she goes on the stand It will be very interesting. I'd really like to hear what she has to say. They've kept her isolated away for over two years. WE've all read her statements and saw the videos until we've memorized every word and even dreaming about this stuff. It would be just like Christmas. RIP Caylee. Justice is coming.

A classic:

"Casey is going through a nightmare," Jose Baez said. "I sincerely believe that when we have finally spoken, everyone, and I mean everyone, will sit back and say, 'Now, I understand. That explains it."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/17728486/detail.html

Oh and how I cannot wait for that day...but somehow I doubt it will happen. Good grief was he even thinking about what was coming out of his mouth? I believe that was before the real attorneys got him to shut up and get with their program.

I also agree with this. I was actually thinking about this the other day and thought to pose this question on here, but figured it had already been done in the thousands of posts and didn't feel like searching. I know she will be ADVISED NOT to take the stand, by all of her attorneys, but I think she thinks she can "outwit and outsmart" (like the show Survivor) the attorneys and the jury, everyone, remember her walk through Universal Studios? that is still one of the biggest things that stands out for me. Where did she think she was going, did she think that somewhere along that drive to her "job" along the way, while getting out of the car, walking toward the building, entering, and before the end of the hall where she did NOT work, she would figure something out, she would come up with something to get her out of this, it would work out. She will really WANT to take the stand, I guess it will depend also on how the beginning of the trial goes, if anything will FINALLY sink in once the evidence is laid out before her by the prosecution. I believe she will argue to her attorneys to get HER story out. Great post!

While ICA may have forgotten after two years, but this walk down the hall at Universal, when she lied about working there, lied about who her boss was, lied about her cell phone/sim card being in her office, etc., was a teensy lesson in this process of consequences. Lie to the LE time and time again - whoops - 2.4 years in jail because of it.

Still think it's worth it to lie, ICA? Sure - get up on the stand during the trial and try it again - try even harder this time to 'splain just what happened to your beautiful daughter - even look at the jury all wide eyed and insist on your innocence! Really? Are you really ready to risk death to see if your lies are believed? Double dare ya!

I think that KC may want to take the stand, but she has an attorney. And the one thing her attorney has done right is he does have control over his client. I don't think she will take the stand in the guilt/innocence phase. Now the mitigation phase she might take the stand. And JB may encourage that. He may want to have the jury get a good look at her young face, tell a sob story and try to encourage some sympathy in his client. And KC is enough of an actress that she would do it. She might not admit guilt outright, but she might emphasize the poor me. And she will talk about how much she has 'suffered' since Caylee's death.

I think that KC may want to take the stand, but she has an attorney. And the one thing her attorney has done right is he does have control over his client. I don't think she will take the stand in the guilt/innocence phase. Now the mitigation phase she might take the stand. And JB may encourage that. He may want to have the jury get a good look at her young face, tell a sob story and try to encourage some sympathy in his client. And KC is enough of an actress that she would do it. She might not admit guilt outright, but she might emphasize the poor me.

Ohh - interesting! Where is my manual - can she even testify during the mitigation phase??? Hmmm - great comment!

I think she will agree not to testify, and then will get so FRUSHTRATED she can barely SHWALLOW watching the prosecutors put on their case, and JB/CM ultimately will have to duct tape her to the chair if they want to prevent her from testifying.

I voted no, but I could see her wanting to... but she couldn't? She wouldn't? Would she? Well, we'll see soon enough.

I think she will agree not to testify, and then will get so FRUSHTRATED she can barely SHWALLOW watching the prosecutors put on their case, and JB/CM ultimately will have to duct tape her to the chair if they want to prevent her from testifying.

AZLawyer, do you know the answer to this one? Can a defendant testify during the penalty phase? I've done a quick search on line and can't find anything saying they can't but can't also find any information that shows they have.

Obviously a defendant would be setting themselves up for cross examination for the SA, and that goes for the guilt phase of the trial also. I think she could probably easily handle any questions Baez or Mason may have for her, but no way do I see her coping with the probing, needling, and reading back of her own words to her without completely losing her cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298