Will KC testify at trial?

• She will testify.

Votes: 312 27.4%
  • She will not testify.

Votes: 826 72.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she will agree not to testify, and then will get so FRUSHTRATED she can barely SHWALLOW watching the prosecutors put on their case, and JB/CM ultimately will have to duct tape her to the chair if they want to prevent her from testifying.

my thoughts exactly!!

I don't think Baez will allow her to take the stand knowing her propensity to having diarrea of the mouth. Remember he was trying to shut her up in front of Tracey and
She was staying with her at the time.

Then the other side of me says, maybe, I found it so unusual that she remained unfazed during her interviews. Most normal people would be nervous and itimidated especially being caught redhanded in so many lies. Didn't seem to faze her one bit.

I've been thinking about this for quite sometime now. Thanks for the thread. I think they are going to go with Casey's letter to Robyn about Zanny keeping Caylee while she found an apartment, etc. They can't find Zanny because she is an illegal therefore no records of her. It would be shocking but maybe they think it will go a long way with the jury. IMO if that did happen it will be more lies from Casey but possibly more believable than anything else that has come out of her mouth.

Now I just wonder at what point will Casey start bawling like Scott Peterson because the jury just won't listen or believe her.

I can't help wondering how ICA is going to act during her trial. She has spent some time wiping under the dry eyes with her fingertips but it only had to last for a limited length of time during the hearings. The trial is quite different considering it may take a couple months. That is going to take some time for her to keep the act up and playing part of the Defense team at the same time. This will be a tremendous task for her knowing she will be pressured to pretend to cry for Caylee. Finally, the prosecution will keep dear sweet Caylee right up front.

Yikes!!! Casey coming to her own defense? That would be like her tying the slipknot in her own noose. It falls on the prosecution to make the case against her, the burden of proof lies on them. All she has to do is sit there and throw out smoke screen bombs of endless possibilities/scenerios. If she opens her mouth and testifies and tells the "truth", then she WILL be dissected by the Prosecution AND have to prove what she said is true and factual.

I say her lawyers are telling her to keep her trap shut and let them do the work. It will be that Narcissistic component to her personality would want to change reality/evidence and build a different picture of herself. That N-component will be torturing her as anyone takes the stand against her......("make them stop!!!"). I know she will be skirmming in her chair wanting to jump up and deny anything/everything that is true. She has had two years NOT to think of all the details of how it really happened or we would have had her pleading GUILTY anytime since the first day of her incarceration. She has had two years to fabricate, in her own mind, a reality she knows that everyone could buy....if she gets on the stand. But alas, again, if she does she would have to prove everything she says. (She has already tried swaying the truth by taking the LE to Universal as if they would completely believe...like her parents/friends.... that she worked there by marching them there.

I'm curious to see how CINDY testifies. Will SHE tell the truth about her feelings of losing a granddaughter and smelling death in the 911 tapes? Or is she going to
try to spin evidence to protect ICA. Now she is the one I am setting my sights on for powerful testimony. It is what comes out of her mouth that has me and probably ICA on pins and needles.

So would love to be a fly on wall....

I think she will agree not to testify, and then will get so FRUSHTRATED she can barely SHWALLOW watching the prosecutors put on their case, and JB/CM ultimately will have to duct tape her to the chair if they want to prevent her from testifying.

:floorlaugh:

IF Casey does testify... who would you think would be more effective in questioning her on the stand. JA or LDB? I personally think that LDB would be more effective. I love JA, but I have seen him become flustered and trip over her words a few times. He is also a much more emotional ( his speech, body language, etc...). LDB is just so calm and collected. Her voice, when speaking, is just so professional and matter-of-fact. I could see JA scoffing at Casey and becoming disgusted by her lies... LDB would just calmly tear Casey apart and I think the would be more effective. Watching LBD calmly question Cindy Anthony, is what draws me to this conclusion.

Now I think JA should give the opening and closing statements. He is very good at bringing the real raw emotions of this case to life with his words.

MOO!

Originally posted by P1569...

My thoughts exactly.

-------------
Although I dont think she will,B.will do all to stop her, I wish she would.At this point we could all use the LOL. Jury could get a first hand look at her lies.:floorlaugh:

I've been thinking about this for quite sometime now. Thanks for the thread. I think they are going to go with Casey's letter to Robyn about Zanny keeping Caylee while she found an apartment, etc. They can't find Zanny because she is an illegal therefore no records of her. It would be shocking but maybe they think it will go a long way with the jury. IMO if that did happen it will be more lies from Casey but possibly more believable than anything else that has come out of her mouth.

Now I just wonder at what point will Casey start bawling like Scott Peterson because the jury just won't listen or believe her.

Oh, yes, the third and final (?) installment of the life of Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez. So Zenaida is an illegal immigrant? I thought she was born in New York (in September)? Oh yes, that came from the first installment into the life of Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez. Oh what a twisted web Casey has woven herself into by the 1st and 2nd installments into the life of Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez. Even with the 3rd story, and if they try to claim that Zenaida was an illegal immigrant who can not be accounted for... it doesn't explain why Gloria, Victor, Samantha, Raquel, Jennifer, Jeffrey Hopkins, Zachary Hopkins, and Juliette Lewis can't be accounted for... unless Zenaida took them all to Columbia, then Venezuela and back to Puerto Rico... with the dead stippers body.

After reading just what I wrote, there is no way that Casey can take the stand... she would be crazy to.

WELCOME TO WS NAVYSUBMOM AND ANNEGIRL! Great Posts! Glad you are here and keep the posts and great thoughts coming!

Oh, yes, the third and final (?) installment of the life of Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez. So Zenaida is an illegal immigrant? I thought she was born in New York (in September)? Oh yes, that came from the first installment into the life of Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez. Oh what a twisted web Casey has woven herself into by the 1st and 2nd installments into the life of Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez. Even with the 3rd story, and if they try to claim that Zenaida was an illegal immigrant who can not be accounted for... it doesn't explain why Gloria, Victor, Samantha, Raquel, Jennifer, Jeffrey Hopkins, Zachary Hopkins, and Juliette Lewis can't be accounted for... unless Zenaida took them all to Columbia, then Venezuela and back to Puerto Rico... with the dead stippers body.

After reading just what I wrote, there is no way that Casey can take the stand... she would be crazy to.

But she is :crazy:

AZLawyer, do you know the answer to this one? Can a defendant testify during the penalty phase? I've done a quick search on line and can't find anything saying they can't but can't also find any information that shows they have.

Obviously a defendant would be setting themselves up for cross examination for the SA, and that goes for the guilt phase of the trial also. I think she could probably easily handle any questions Baez or Mason may have for her, but no way do I see her coping with the probing, needling, and reading back of her own words to her without completely losing her cool.

Yes, she can testify during the penalty phase.

:floorlaugh:

IF Casey does testify... who would you think would be more effective in questioning her on the stand. JA or LDB? I personally think that LDB would be more effective. I love JA, but I have seen him become flustered and trip over her words a few times. He is also a much more emotional ( his speech, body language, etc...). LDB is just so calm and collected. Her voice, when speaking, is just so professional and matter-of-fact. I could see JA scoffing at Casey and becoming disgusted by her lies... LDB would just calmly tear Casey apart and I think the would be more effective. Watching LBD calmly question Cindy Anthony, is what draws me to this conclusion.

Now I think JA should give the opening and closing statements. He is very good at bringing the real raw emotions of this case to life with his words.

MOO!

I agree. JA would run the risk of looking like a bully as he lost patience with her and KC put on her "hurt little girl" face.

[snip]I know she will be ADVISED NOT to take the stand, by all of her attorneys, but I think she thinks she can "outwit and outsmart" (like the show Survivor) the attorneys and the jury, everyone, remember her walk through Universal Studios? that is still one of the biggest things that stands out for me. Where did she think she was going, did she think that somewhere along that drive to her "job" along the way, while getting out of the car, walking toward the building, entering, and before the end of the hall where she did NOT work, she would figure something out, she would come up with something to get her out of this, it would work out. [snip]

Respectfully snipped. With regard to ICA's walk down the Universal corridor, her life lesson was that if she escalated far enough CA will back down, as GA stated about her escalating. ICA expected LE to concede. ICA will want to escalate at trial ... It is her winning solution.

But didn't they claim that Zanny was Puerto Rican? (and there have not been any "illegal's" from Puerto Rico since pretty much the 19th century)

We are confusing two different things here. of course KC wants to speak and spew out her stories and her side of things. She wants a forum and a soapbox. But she will not take one where she can be questioned or cross examined. Remember she took a plea in the check fraud case which allowed her to at least think she partially controlled that story. Watch for some attempt somewhere along the line for her to open her mouth, but it will not be on the stand where JA can take a crack at her. I think she truly hates and fears him, and any situation where she has to answer his questions is one that she will avoid like the lying coward that she is.

Oh my...I think I'd pay to see that!

But didn't they claim that Zanny was Puerto Rican? (and there have not been any "illegal's" from Puerto Rico since pretty much the 19th century)

We are confusing two different things here. of course KC wants to speak and spew out her stories and her side of things. She wants a forum and a soapbox. But she will not take one where she can be questioned or cross examined. Remember she took a plea in the check fraud case which allowed her to at least think she partially controlled that story. Watch for some attempt somewhere along the line for her to open her mouth, but it will not be on the stand where JA can take a crack at her. I think she truly hates and fears him, and any situation where she has to answer his questions is one that she will avoid like the lying coward that she is.
Wonder what CBS has planned? I could see Casey's story at the end of a 48 hours segment...but they would be wise to put her "thoughts" out there after the penalty phase. I doubt we'd see any contrition...more likely a pity party.

I don't think that ICA will testify but if she does ... It will save CM and JB since they can blame her for blowing the Defense ... So they have a conflict. Do they do right and keep her quiet or let her crash and burn?

Even though it is in her best interest not to take the stand I think she will. Just for the notoriety if nothing else. What she may fail to realize is; how many times she has played her testimony that she wants to give on the stand, once she is up there it gets very confusing. The answers or explanations that she wants to give will be thwarted by the SA and when asked a question she doesn't want to answer or can't answer without damaging her case it will be a lesson to her and it will be to late. Call me a cynic but I think JB will allow her just so she will be worth more financially after the trial is over. Her side of the story, just like the what if book by what's his name except JB is banking on the media coverage of the trial for her segueing into a best seller. I really don't care one way or the other as long as Caylee gets Justice.

I can't help wondering how ICA is going to act during her trial. She has spent some time wiping under the dry eyes with her fingertips but it only had to last for a limited length of time during the hearings. The trial is quite different considering it may take a couple months. That is going to take some time for her to keep the act up and playing part of the Defense team at the same time. This will be a tremendous task for her knowing she will be pressured to pretend to cry for Caylee. Finally, the prosecution will keep dear sweet Caylee right up front.

Too bad JAC doesn't pay for acting coaches. I know some people think that Casey is this great little actress, but I just don't see it? I personally think she is one of the worst actresses I have ever seen and I think the jury is going to see right through her. She can not even stay in character to save her own life because she can't help but be amused by everything being all about her and she is so blinded by her ego that she doesn't even realize that this isn't about her at all... it is about Caylee. Justice for Caylee.

I do think that Casey will lose it during trial... maybe more than once. I think she won't be able to help herself from becoming irritated when people speak of Caylee so highly... and her as... well... her. She will be confronted with everything that she is... and everything that she isn't. Will she lose it enough to want to take the stand???

If Casey does take the stand, they might just have to shut down the whole State of Florida because I think there will be a sudden outbreak of some kind of mysterious bug that makes it impossible for anyone to go to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298