• She will testify.

Votes: 312 27.4%
  • She will not testify.

Votes: 826 72.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted no.
JA and LDB will make mince meat of her and surely she knows that.

If Casey does take the stand, they might just have to shut down the whole State of Florida because I think there will be a sudden outbreak of some kind of mysterious bug that makes it impossible for anyone to go to work!

I will have to settle on my DVR...unemployment is to high.

I agree. JA would run the risk of looking like a bully as he lost patience with her and KC put on her "hurt little girl" face.

I disagree that Jurors would feel as though Ashton were bullying Casey.

Consider the mountain of lies Casey has told, no less in the case of her own flesh & blood baby being "missing"; a time when any loving mother would be jumping through hoops to get some help for her baby. The Jury will know this, and like the rest of us who have followed this case, they will personally feel this desperation to help, especially if any or all are parents themselves. The Jurors will be compassionate human beings for an innocent toddler who couldn't fend for or DE-fend herself. Their alliance will lay with Caylee the victim, not Casey, and rightly so.

Based on experience, I am confident that within the first 60 minutes of this trial, the Jurors aren't going to view Casey in a favorable light, let alone have compassion for her, or feel she is "being bullied". Quite the contrary, the Jurors are going to want, expect and respect anyone who questions Casey to be firm, direct, and not allow Casey to waste the court's time with more BS while under oath.

Water under the bridge anyway, because I highly doubt with 99% certainty that while Baez isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, even he isn't dumb enough to put Casey on the stand. If he did so in order to change her story, she would have to admit to a bucket-load of previous lies, and that would automatically spell mistrust to her new story to that Jury.

Even though it is in her best interest not to take the stand I think she will. Just for the notoriety if nothing else. What she may fail to realize is; how many times she has played her testimony that she wants to give on the stand, once she is up there it gets very confusing. The answers or explanations that she wants to give will be thwarted by the SA and when asked a question she doesn't want to answer or can't answer without damaging her case it will be a lesson to her and it will be to late. Call me a cynic but I think JB will allow her just so she will be worth more financially after the trial is over. Her side of the story, just like the what if book by what's his name except JB is banking on the media coverage of the trial for her segueing into a best seller. I really don't care one way or the other as long as Caylee gets Justice.

BBM
You do have a good point here, but, Casey also loves to have others do her dirty work, such as, sure she's steal other people's hard-earned money, but she won't actually work for it herself.

I believe Casey would consider herself more the "victim celebrity" if her Attorneys frolic around her during the trial and attempt, (but miserably fail), to paint her as the innocent, silent, demure victim than if she fumbled on the stand through her lies herself.

Don't forget that throughout Casey's life as we know it, she loved to play the role of, "they done me wrong". This will be no different.

But didn't they claim that Zanny was Puerto Rican? (and there have not been any "illegal's" from Puerto Rico since pretty much the 19th century)

We are confusing two different things here. of course KC wants to speak and spew out her stories and her side of things. She wants a forum and a soapbox. But she will not take one where she can be questioned or cross examined. Remember she took a plea in the check fraud case which allowed her to at least think she partially controlled that story. Watch for some attempt somewhere along the line for her to open her mouth, but it will not be on the stand where JA can take a crack at her. I think she truly hates and fears him, and any situation where she has to answer his questions is one that she will avoid like the lying coward that she is.

BOOYA! :great: THERE IT IS! :woohoo:

In many ways ICA is going to be testifying every minute that the trial is in session. Jurors are going to be watching her every move as the testimony plays out and scrutinize body language at times of emotional statements. This is no motion hearing and ICA cannot act appropriately period, never mind when called upon, never mind all day every day.

If I was the Defense I would be using the motion hearings to train ICA for trial, no pen games, careful with all those notes ... ICA is not a paralegal she needs to look the part of a Mother who lost her child to SODDI.

ICA is going to testify and it will be a key part of her undoing.

I disagree that Jurors would feel as though Ashton were bullying Casey.

Consider the mountain of lies Casey has told, no less in the case of her own flesh & blood baby being "missing"; a time when any loving mother would be jumping through hoops to get some help for her baby. The Jury will know this, and like the rest of us who have followed this case, they will personally feel this desperation to help, especially if any or all are parents themselves. The Jurors will be compassionate human beings for an innocent toddler who couldn't fend for or DE-fend herself. Their alliance will lay with Caylee the victim, not Casey, and rightly so.

Based on experience, I am confident that within the first 60 minutes of this trial, the Jurors aren't going to view Casey in a favorable light, let alone have compassion for her, or feel she is "being bullied". Quite the contrary, the Jurors are going to want, expect and respect anyone who questions Casey to be firm, direct, and not allow Casey to waste the court's time with more BS while under oath.

Water under the bridge anyway, because I highly doubt with 99% certainty that while Baez isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, even he isn't dumb enough to put Casey on the stand. If he did so in order to change her story, she would have to admit to a bucket-load of previous lies, and that would automatically spell mistrust to her new story to that Jury.

BBM - I disagree. I think it is much more important for someone to calmly be able to stand up there and question Casey. Although there are a lot of emotions in this case... and there will be some very emotional moments when certain people testify... I think that allowing Casey to just be... Casey... would be more effective. There would be no reason to push Casey's buttons... it would only give her the ability to respond back to the emotions being thrown at her. That is how she operates. With LDB, being as calm as she is, it will not give Casey the initiative to show emotion herself... because Casey is naturally a cold hearted, spiteful you-know-what. IF Casey was to take the stand, it is my opinion, that it isn't about what the jury WANTS to see... it is about what they NEED to see and they need to see Casey as she is. I personally think that LDB would be more effective in making that happen.

I agree with everything else, though.

Recall in Brad Conway's Good Morning America interview, June 16, 2009 he made these statements:

"There's probably one person that knows the whole truth. That's Casey Anthony."

"It's a truth that should come out, Conway said, in the course of a trial during which Casey Anthony would likely take the stand in her own defense."

"In this matter, it's almost inconceivable that she wouldn't take the stand. I think based on Mr. Baez's assertions, she has to take the stand," Conway said.

True, but Conway is also the one who ridiculously lied to the public that "there was no duct tape".

He was also representing the parents of the accused; right there is a conflict of interest when seeking or speaking the truth.

As far as him referring to "Baez' assertions", well, we know that Baez has asserted many things which have been nothing but lies and deceit, even when before the Court.

It doesn't take an Einstein to see that Conway, in his own way, implicated Casey Anthony as the sole responsible party for Casey's murder in saying,

"There's probably one person that knows the whole truth. That's Casey Anthony."

I agree wholeheartedly, Casey alone murdered and disposed of Caylee with help from no one else.

-------------
Although I dont think she will,B.will do all to stop her, I wish she would.At this point we could all use the LOL. Jury could get a first hand look at her lies.:floorlaugh:

No kidding ~ then add in the fact of how the jury will be looking at her, FACE ON during the trial since the defense made a muck over the long lense cameras; let them really see her.

She is going to be prancing and preening the entire time, then angry and trying to with hold her mad little fisties, etc.
Fake tears, angry tears, no tears.

Let her get up on the stand, and let her start memorizing line for line, page for page, and word for word what has been said not only by her, but about her, and it is going to be good ~
She'll make her mamma proud.

BBM - I disagree. I think it is much more important for someone to calmly be able to stand up there and question Casey. Although there are a lot of emotions in this case... and there will be some very emotional moments when certain people testify... I think that allowing Casey to just be... Casey... would be more effective. There would be no reason to push Casey's buttons... it would only give her the ability to respond back to the emotions being thrown at her. That is how she operates. With LDB, being as calm as she is, it will not give Casey the initiative to show emotion herself... because Casey is naturally a cold hearted, spiteful you-know-what. IF Casey was to take the stand, it is my opinion, that it isn't about what the jury WANTS to see... it is about what they NEED to see and they need to see Casey as she is. I personally think that LDB would be more effective in making that happen.

I agree with everything else, though.

I agree that Linda would be the better choice, but mainly for the reflection to the Jurors of the 'maternal factor' that Linda portrays when speaking.

What I disagreed with up-thread was the fact that the Jurors would perceive Casey as the "bullied victim" if Ashton were to question her. They are not going to like Casey, let alone have an ounce of compassion for her only based on the "game of CLUE" that Casey played with her baby daughter's life. NO LOVING MOTHER does that! (Sorry, my caps are not anger towards you, just the anger that Casey did such a horrid, torturous thing.)

The phrase of Jurors "being impartial" is in part, only good in theory, but not fact. Sure, I have no doubt they will be impartial in weighing the evidence and listening to both sides (should Baez ever come up with a 'side') :rolleyes:, but the reality is that Jurors are also human beings with compassion for the victim, particularly a defenseless toddler who was intentionally left out in the woods to rot by the baby's very own mother so that most of the forensic evidence would be gone by the time she was ever discovered, IF she was ever discovered.

Bottom line is that at no time during this trial, no matter who might question Casey, do I see Casey winning compassion from that Jury. Not one bit. Casey is undeserving of such.

The only possible minute amount of sympathy Casey may garner is during Penalty Phase, when the Jury realizes the wrath of life with Cindy.

Heck, I hope she testifies and Ashton cross examines her. I want the jury to see her preening and trying to flirt with him. We all know how she acts around men, especially from that one police interview. She thinks she's hot stuff and can charm her way out of it. I think she could try the "the big mean man is bullying me", but I think the jury would see right through it. Casey doesn't know how to be emotional and play the victim. Surely he would say something that would bring out her wrath and expose the real her. I'm not worried about her being able to convince the jury she's a victim because she's completely incapable of being a victim. There's too much pride and too little emotion there to pull it off. The only problem I see is that he might lose patience with her, lol.

LDB might be a better idea. LDB would definitely know how to play Casey as skillfully as she played Cindy in that 911 hearing. And Casey would probably be seething with rage and lose it at one point, and treat LDB like she treats her mom. Of course, if Casey were to lose it and cause a big outburst on LDB, that would surely close her coffin tight. I just know if it were LDB, Casey would not be able to stand having another woman question her for long, especially LDB. We all know how much Casey can't stand LDB. How dare another woman make Casey face consequences for her actions.

Either way, no matter who would cross examine her, she's toast. The last thing Baez and Mason should want is Casey on the stand, IMO. But hey, if she persists in wanting to get up there and they can't stop her...that's her own undoing, and she herself putting the needle in her own arm.

Too bad JAC doesn't pay for acting coaches. I know some people think that Casey is this great little actress, but I just don't see it? I personally think she is one of the worst actresses I have ever seen and I think the jury is going to see right through her. She can not even stay in character to save her own life because she can't help but be amused by everything being all about her and she is so blinded by her ego that she doesn't even realize that this isn't about her at all... it is about Caylee. Justice for Caylee.

I do think that Casey will lose it during trial... maybe more than once. I think she won't be able to help herself from becoming irritated when people speak of Caylee so highly... and her as... well... her. She will be confronted with everything that she is... and everything that she isn't. Will she lose it enough to want to take the stand???

If Casey does take the stand, they might just have to shut down the whole State of Florida because I think there will be a sudden outbreak of some kind of mysterious bug that makes it impossible for anyone to go to work!

Not to mention worst liar and thief. Every lie was easily dis-proven. The money she took also easily traced right back to her. I've said it before, Casey makes Scott Peterson look like a genius.

I thought JA handled himself quite well during George's depo. If we go back and look at how Casey reacted to Lee's questions then I agree she won't take the stand.

But didn't they claim that Zanny was Puerto Rican? (and there have not been any "illegal's" from Puerto Rico since pretty much the 19th century)

We are confusing two different things here. of course KC wants to speak and spew out her stories and her side of things. She wants a forum and a soapbox. But she will not take one where she can be questioned or cross examined. Remember she took a plea in the check fraud case which allowed her to at least think she partially controlled that story. Watch for some attempt somewhere along the line for her to open her mouth, but it will not be on the stand where JA can take a crack at her. I think she truly hates and fears him, and any situation where she has to answer his questions is one that she will avoid like the lying coward that she is.

If she didn't think of it before then she can always throw that in for Zanny version 4. It was probably one of Cindy's emails I remember them looking into as a possibility. Casey threw out all kinds of places where Zanny could be yet she is telling Rob Dick not to trust JG and others so which is it Casey? I hope all of this makes it to the jury.

Question...Can BOTH Ashton AND LDB cross Casey? It would fun to see her reaction with each of them. Turn on the charm *batting eyelashes* with one and then shut down *arms folded across chest* with the other.

Heck, I hope she testifies and Ashton cross examines her. I want the jury to see her preening and trying to flirt with him. We all know how she acts around men, especially from that one police interview. She thinks she's hot stuff and can charm her way out of it. I think she could try the "the big mean man is bullying me", but I think the jury would see right through it. Casey doesn't know how to be emotional and play the victim. Surely he would say something that would bring out her wrath and expose the real her. I'm not worried about her being able to convince the jury she's a victim because she's completely incapable of being a victim. There's too much pride and too little emotion there to pull it off. The only problem I see is that he might lose patience with her, lol.

LDB might be a better idea. LDB would definitely know how to play Casey as skillfully as she played Cindy in that 911 hearing. And Casey would probably be seething with rage and lose it at one point, and treat LDB like she treats her mom. Of course, if Casey were to lose it and cause a big outburst on LDB, that would surely close her coffin tight. I just know if it were LDB, Casey would not be able to stand having another woman question her for long, especially LDB. We all know how much Casey can't stand LDB. How dare another woman make Casey face consequences for her actions.

Either way, no matter who would cross examine her, she's toast. The last thing Baez and Mason should want is Casey on the stand, IMO. But hey, if she persists in wanting to get up there and they can't stop her...that's her own undoing, and she herself putting the needle in her own arm.

Too bad JAC doesn't pay for acting coaches. I know some people think that Casey is this great little actress, but I just don't see it? I personally think she is one of the worst actresses I have ever seen and I think the jury is going to see right through her. She can not even stay in character to save her own life because she can't help but be amused by everything being all about her and she is so blinded by her ego that she doesn't even realize that this isn't about her at all... it is about Caylee. Justice for Caylee.

I do think that Casey will lose it during trial... maybe more than once. I think she won't be able to help herself from becoming irritated when people speak of Caylee so highly... and her as... well... her. She will be confronted with everything that she is... and everything that she isn't. Will she lose it enough to want to take

I hope you are right Lola. Nothing would be more pleasing to watch. CA will be interesting to watch also. May she be the CA that we all know, crude, arrogant,rude,gum chewing, combative....so familiar. I wont be surprised though if she continues her recent role of the somewhat confused, meek, weak voice in her bag lady attire to proclaim KC to the jury as the MOTY.

As much as we might like to see ICA sweat on the stand, I don't think it would make any difference in the outcome......she can't ever get past the never reporting Caylee missing. Every juror is going to be thinking the same thing- the only reason you don't report your child missing is because YOU made her "missing"! Unless JB has complete, verifed by the Air Force, documented video and audio of ICA being abducted by aliens, cloned, temporarily being replaced by said clone "ugly coping" for those 31 days, and then returned in time to go to jail, the point is moot. There simply is no way to get past that one simple fact- she never reported the child gone......and if CA hadn't caught up to her, LE would never have known. When poor Caylee's bones were found, no one would have known it could be Caylee. All the evidence the SA has is just icing on the DP cake. JMO

I do think that Casey will lose it during trial... maybe more than once. I think she won't be able to help herself from becoming irritated when people speak of Caylee so highly... and her as... well... her. She will be confronted with everything that she is... and everything that she isn't. Will she lose it enough to want to take the stand???

BBM
I couldn't agree more, which is one more reason why the Jury wouldn't perceive Casey as "being bullied" by Ashton.

That Jury will see through Casey like she's Saran Wrap after the very first hour of this trial, and if anything, they will despise her all the more, if that's possible, if Casey shows any disgust or discontentment with Jeff and Linda.

Given what she has done, not even including murder, Casey is in no position to be negatively posturing towards anyone in that court room who is Caylee's voice.

I thought it would be fun to see what the consensus is on this.

In a recent article, it was mentioned that if the defense is going to pull the "accident covered up" and "ugly coping" theory, KC would have to take the stand to explain it away.

So, will she testify?

I was in the minority because I voted that she would testify...she would wnt to spin a tale of her innocense (SP):great::great:

:banghead:much to the dismay of her attorneys.

Question...Can BOTH Ashton AND LDB cross Casey? It would fun to see her reaction with each of them. Turn on the charm *batting eyelashes* with one and then shut down *arms folded across chest* with the other.

Normally, judges won't allow "tag-team" questioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298