Will Casey's story change drastically before trial?What Will her story be?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Will Casey's story change drastically before trial?

• Yes

Votes: 158 37.9%
  • No

Votes: 169 40.5%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 90 21.6%

• Total voters
No. I don't think most people have any intention of weighing any facts. I believe the majority of our contrymen truly believe that if she got arrested and charged she is guilty. So many untruths are being peddled - but it they thrill - they are believed.

Lots of gossip, imagination. Pretty screwy.

I don't think she is guilty because of any spin that the media has out on the case or because of anything I have read on any message board or because of any gossip.

Let's just take something that I KNOW to be true- Casey says that a Nanny took her child and then waited a month to report it. Then, during that time, there was concrete proof that she got a tattoo and spent that time partying at "Hot Body" contests and going to clubs (Photographic evidence of that)

So even if her story is true then she is to blame for Caylees death anyway because she did nothing at all to save her child and just for that, I think she is despicable.

And, no I truly don't believe she will change her story. I know someone very closely that seems to be just like her and I don't have any hope that she will fess up.

I can't see her wanting to change her story. She's stuck to it this long even when she was confronted with her baldfaced lies to LE. JB may want her to change it and maybe make a plea but she has been so stubborn holding onto the nonexistent nanny all this time.

I just hope she can't escape with only 5 years. :furious: Not telling anyone her kid was missing for an entire month should be worth more than that, especially since it wasn't her that actually reported it but her mother. And the stealing. And the telling false stories to LE. There is irrefutable proof of those.

Will be very interesting when/if we ever get to hear more about Dr. G's exam of the remains.

Something that I wonder about - if this all goes to trial, how will they ever get an unbiased jury even with a change of venue? You'd have to be living in a hole in the middle of nowhere to not have heard about this case and most people are probably going to form an opinion about it.

what kind of quilt? maybe? if you mean she's handmade by a grandmother who stitch by stitch has made her what she is today?

or did you mean guilty?

Ha Ha! Well she certainly is not an Amish quilt, so I am going to say crazy.. a "crazy quilt" that is.

I can't see her wanting to change her story. She's stuck to it this long even when she was confronted with her baldfaced lies to LE. JB may want her to change it and maybe make a plea but she has been so stubborn holding onto the nonexistent nanny all this time.

I just hope she can't escape with only 5 years. :furious: Not telling anyone her kid was missing for an entire month should be worth more than that, especially since it wasn't her that actually reported it but her mother. And the stealing. And the telling false stories to LE. There is irrefutable proof of those.

Will be very interesting when/if we ever get to hear more about Dr. G's exam of the remains.

Something that I wonder about - if this all goes to trial, how will they ever get an unbiased jury even with a change of venue? You'd have to be living in a hole in the middle of nowhere to not have heard about this case and most people are probably going to form an opinion about it.

We talked about this on another thread, a WS'er from Maine said it is pretty unheard of up there.

This case is nowhere near as famous as the OJ case but what they said about the OJ trial was would you really want a juror that hasn't heard anything about this case?

I almost feel that would apply here too.

IMO....the only thing the defense has to go on is to poke holes in the prosectution. Casey is so guilty...and given that this is about a baby girl...they should advise her to confess and stop the madness rather than trying to fake defend her.

If She could produce Juliette, the real Jeff Hopkins, or anyone she can prove met the nanny would it make a difference???
What are all the names of the imaginary people?
Just because the Defense or Prosecution can't bring out the real nanny does that give her a free ride? I just don't see how jb can say if the prosecution can't find the nanny she gets by with that lie even for the civil trial with ZFG.

Just because jb says we will be SURPRISED doesn't mean he will get her off right?
If it was such a big positive deal for Casey's case why doesn't he tell the surprise and cut Casey a deal? I just don't see how defense attorneys can play these games
It seems dumb....

If She could produce Juliette, the real Jeff Hopkins, or anyone she can prove met the nanny would it make a difference???
Just because the Defense or Prosecution can't bring out the real nanny does that give her a free ride? I just don't see how jb can say if the prosecution can't find the nanny she gets by with that lie even for the civil trial with ZFG.

Just because jb says we will be SURPRISED doesn't mean he will get her off right?
If it was such a big positive deal for Casey's case why doesn't he tell the surprise and cut Casey a deal? I just don't see how defense attorneys can play these games
It seems dumb....

If the civil suit by ZG is settled before the criminal trial will the prosecution be able to bring up that she lost the civil trial against the only ZG she gave info about to the police?

IMO....the only thing the defense has to go on is to poke holes in the prosectution. Casey is so guilty...and given that this is about a baby girl...they should advise her to confess and stop the madness rather than trying to fake defend her.

I would agree with much that you have to say because her story is full of lies. If she told the truth now ... it would be easier on everyone including her family.

However, the truth and justice RARELY occurs both in court and in life so my expectations are very low.

Devil's advocate!

Please tell me a SINGLE piece of evidence that could be used to convict her for MURDER if the cause of death isn't known?

The lies, body, finger-prints, smell in car ... etc may be explained away. Again, the defense doesn't have to prove her story but just create doubt.

You just listed them. All of them, any of them. People have been convicted of murder with a lot less. Scott P was convicted and sentenced to death in CA based on circumstantial evidence. They had enough to get a conviction before they found Caylee. You don't need to know the cause of death to prove it's a murder. If it's not a homicide then it has to be:

1. Natural causes?? I think not
2. Accidental??? I don't think she fell in the bag with duct tape around her head and threw herself in the swamp accidentally.
3. Suicide?

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and lies like a duck....it's a duck. :banghead:

It seems dumb....

Casey's biggest problem with the nanny story not flying is this:

Casey states that she talked to Caylee on the 15th of july at or around 12 noon. The anthony's picked up casey's car that day in or around 2 p.m. (not exact but approximate times) now this story cannot fly because the forensics place Caylee's dead body in casey's car for at least 2.6 days.

It is not possible for Caylee to be alive on the 15th if she had been a dead body in casey's car for at least those 2.6 days. There is no way for jose to get around her statement and those facts. He is not going to put casey on the stand , he is forced to stick with her story and try to dispute the forensics...that is his defense and it will not work. The FBI and their labs are exceptionally credible as is the body farm, he is in for a trial like none other.

If he was a better lawyer he would have had her sign off on the immunity deal way back when and beg for mercy and ask for a sentence of 10-20 and she would have had that in place before they found the body and there would be no way for them to go after her for any additional charges.

Casey's biggest problem with the nanny story not flying is this:

Casey states that she talked to Caylee on the 15th of july at or around 12 noon. The anthony's picked up casey's car that day in or around 2 p.m. (not exact but approximate times) now this story cannot fly because the forensics place Caylee's dead body in casey's car for at least 2.6 days.

It is not possible for Caylee to be alive on the 15th if she had been a dead body in casey's car for at least those 2.6 days. There is no way for jose to get around her statement and those facts. He is not going to put casey on the stand , he is forced to stick with her story and try to dispute the forensics...that is his defense and it will not work. The FBI and their labs are exceptionally credible as is the body farm, he is in for a trial like none other.

If he was a better lawyer he would have had her sign off on the immunity deal way back when and beg for mercy and ask for a sentence of 10-20 and she would have had that in place before they found the body and there would be no way for them to go after her for any additional charges.
The other problem with Zanny the Nanny story not flying is the fact that Casey's phone records were subpoenaed and there are NO calls that she can show are to / from this Nanny person. Did Casper delete them? That ever-elusive nanny needs to just come out of the woodwork and show herself!

The other problem with Zanny the Nanny story not flying is the fact that Casey's phone records were subpoenaed and there are NO calls that she can show are to / from this Nanny person. Did Casper delete them? That ever-elusive nanny needs to just come out of the woodwork and show herself!

Exactly, and I would bet that there are no calls to or from the nanny on any other day as far back as they can go with those records.

He is misleading her into thinking she can walk just like her parents have allowed.
There does not seem to be one person who is willing to teach her to be accountable.
I watched the Neil Entwisell trial on tv and was surprised and happy to see his attorneys just seem to be there to see he didn't get railroaded for a murder charge.
But they appeared to believe in his guilt from what I could see.
I know defense attorneys have a job to do but I have no respect for the ones that
make clients believe they are innocent when the attorney knows they are guilty
as in JCoccoran and FLBailey just to win. Hope her targe^ flip flops prove her lies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back