Will Cindy be prosecuted for perjury?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think the State [i]will[/i] decide to prosecute Cindy Anthony?

• Yes, the State will decide to prosecute Cindy Anthony

Votes: 27 6.7%
  • No, the State will not decide to prosecute Cindy Anthony

Votes: 148 36.7%
  • Yes, I think the State [i]should[/i] prosecute Cindy Anthony

Votes: 214 53.1%
  • No, I do not think the State [i]should[/i] prosecute Cindy Anthony

Votes: 14 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Office issued a statement they will NOT prosecute Cindy for Perjury. so no they will not..

I agree ... I hope the SA will RE-CONSIDER their statement and will gear up to prosecute Cindy ... If she gets away with this, why even have the "laws on the books" ?

I am NOT going to "hold my breath" on this ... I think the SA is fed up with ALL the Anthony's and may just rather be "rid of them" than take another chance ...

:waitasec: Now ... I am hoping that Gentiva does take some action against Cindy for dragging them "unnecessarily" into a high profile murder trial ... Gentiva did NOT need this expense, aggravation and BS from Cindy !

I really hope that there is at least something they can do ... I hope they did NOT fall for her BS ...

:banghead::maddening::banghead:

MOO MOO MOO

I hope something is done to shut them up and send them into hiding ... that would work for me ...
I'm sure if the state charged her, she would insist on a trial and here we go with another circus ... Not sure if she can do that for a perjury charge though ... it seems pretty straightforward ... she either lied or she didn't and it's all recorded, every last one of her statements .... the state proved through the Gentiva witness that she was at work ... soo I'm not sure there's an angle she can use to get out of it but we all know she'll try
Maybe the state just wants to avoid this but it's not a good decision, IMO, it sends a bad message about saying whatever you want under oath and never be prosecuted ... I mean why even make perjury a crime if you're not going to prosecute people who lie under oath ... :waitasec:

I wonder if we will ever hear anything about the witness tampering case SA was working on? I can't remember if CA had any contact with LB but I thought LB said they did, not that this is to be believed but it could open up a new can of worms. Wouldn't tampering be a serious charge?

I also find it hard to believe that JB and CM would have hung there hat on what this woman had to say and the paperwork she provided without first checking it out. jmo

The "grieving grandmother" angle and others - I'm sorry, I just don't accept it. Not in this case.

Cindy would not have lied if she did not believe in her heart that KC was guilty. She lied to protect he or daughter in a murder trial. Predictable? Sure. Understandable? Yes, through the prism of "I'm special", usually associated with KC's generation, not CA's.

Permissible? In a society that prizes justice? No. I don't support the prosecution's decision.

There was an interview with Ashton, don't recall his exact words, but not unheard of or uncommon (something like that) for parents to lie to try and save their kids. no link yet sorry

I'm thinking that part of the reason that ICA will be set free is due to George and Cindy's lying on the stand.

So ... I'm posting a poll and not sure how to do a two part so I will allow multiple answers.

1) Do you think the State will decide to prosecute Cindy Anthony?
2) Do you think the State should prosecute Cindy Anthony?
I do not think so, but they should be.

But, we all know that she lied...and the public knows now that there was a question of her lying...so Cindy's fate IMHO...is sealed (fingers and toes crossed).
I have said this many times.
We DO have a legal sytem. We DON'T have a just system.

JUSTICE IN THE USA has been ignored... We do not even have a government that cares.
We have a Dog eats Dog system and we know how to smile around it. GROSS!!!!

Again we are sheep :(

I think from now on if ever anyone is charged with perjury the Cindy Anthony case should be brought up. She should have been charged, so much for swearing to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Obviously it means nothing.

In retrospect, it would have been beneficial to keep the entire Anthony family off the stand. I never thought they could contribute anything substantial.

In retrospect, it would have been beneficial to keep the entire Anthony family off the stand. I never thought they could contribute anything substantial.

And, as witnesses, they should never have been granted special treatment to sit in the Courtroom during other testimony.

And, as witnesses, they should never have been granted special treatment to sit in the Courtroom during other testimony.

I do not see what difference keeping the Anthony's from being in court would have made. They would have watched the trial anyway on TV. Lied anyway. And surely Cindy would have found a way into the public eye everyday to show off her new clothes everyday........

Cindy may never be held accountable for her lies by the state, but I hold out hope that Gentiva exercises any legal options they may have against her. She's a liar. A liar who has installed herself as the co-director of a non-profit, begging for public donations.

Grieving grandmother or not, she helped a killer walk free, and even threatened her own mother if she dared to call in LE on Casey's thievery.

MOO, of course. :mad:

Cindy may never be held accountable for her lies by the state, but I hold out hope that Gentiva exercises any legal options they may have against her. She's a liar. A liar who has installed herself as the co-director of a non-profit, begging for public donations.

Grieving grandmother or not, she helped a killer walk free, and even threatened her own mother if she dared to call in LE on Casey's thievery.

MOO, of course. :mad:

Exactly, for a proven liar to have the unmitigated gall to establish a non-profit foundation ... I sincerely hope NO ONE gives a dime to their foundation and they are forced to go out and work like the rest of us.
Oh, they can't find work in Orlando ? Too bad, maybe if the A's had not lied and misled everyone throughout the 3 year duration of this case, employers might have opened their arms and welcomed them in. Gosh, maybe Gentiva might have given CA her old job back ...

Exactly, for a proven liar to have the unmitigated gall to establish a non-profit foundation ... I sincerely hope NO ONE gives a dime to their foundation and they are forced to go out and work like the rest of us.
Oh, they can't find work in Orlando ? Too bad, maybe if the A's had not lied and misled everyone throughout the 3 year duration of this case, employers might have opened their arms and welcomed them in. Gosh, maybe Gentiva might have given CA her old job back ...
This I highly doubt- Gentiva has an excellent reputation nationally. I used to work for them. Would you ever trust Cindy as a nurse again??? After her proven lying and poor judgement? Who can't tell a 7-mo. pregnant female and mistakes Chlorophyll for Chloroform, and doesn't call her vet to inquire about her dogs health, or even look up bamboo (Neither bamboo nor chlorophyll have been shown to be toxic to dogs). :banghead::banghead::banghead: I sincerely hope in addition to Gentiva terminating her and taking legal action, that the state of Florida nursing board yanks her nursing license!!!

I hope Cindy is prosecuted for perjury. The state can change their mind.........can't they?

Think of the example CA set.........she got on the stand and told 'some' of the truth but---- she got back on that stand and lied for FCA.

That imo is blatant lying and she should be punished for lying under oath, imo.

FYI, It was announced weeks ago that the State of Florida would NOT PURSUE PURGERY CHARGES.

I'm reminded of something I have to tell people whenever they say priests are all child molestors. There is child molesting in every walk of life. Every. Mailmen, doctors, priests, gas station attendants, school teachers, the unemployed guy down the street. The only reason it seems like all we ever hear about are priests, is because it's that much more shocking when that occurs.

Cindy is far from the first person ever to lie on the stand. It's just that is was such a public lie. But it happens every day, so there's no precedent being set here. She's not a celebrity - celebrity implies someone who is CELEBRATED, and she is far from there. There is nobody on the planet that would see her as a role model in any fashion of the term. There are no disappointed children who have looked up to her for how to behave. There is nothing she has done that is any more disgusting than any of the other millions of people who have lied on the stand.

Having said that, I do think she should be prosecuted. Because I'm vindictive that way.

IMHO ...

Just wondering if perhaps this thread should be locked now that we know that the State will not be pursuing perjury charges against Cindy?

TIA!

IMHO ...

Just wondering if perhaps this thread should be locked now that we know that the State will not be pursuing perjury charges against Cindy?

TIA!

I don't know; maybe it should be discussed ad nauseum.

FYI, It was announced weeks ago that the State of Florida would NOT PURSUE PURGERY CHARGES.

Yes, lying on the witness stand has now been publically acclaimed by Florida as an excepted practice. And lying as a officer of the court like JB is accepted practice.

The public counts for nothing anymore. The courts are a world on to themselves. Cindy knew this. We did not. So just what does that make us???:loser:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214