Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Will the Long Island Serial Killer ever be caught?

• YES.

Votes: 212 44.0%
  • NO.

Votes: 141 29.3%
  • NOT SURE.

Votes: 129 26.8%

• Total voters
I agree with you both, however I see some sloppy police work on LI forces as they seem to have minimal interest in solving the case. Cases like this prove the laws for finding any person in this country need to be changed immediately.

I do not think the laws need to be changed, as much as citizens must hold the elected politicians who control law enforcement accountable. It is the opinion of myself and I believe several of the members on this thread that the SCPD failed in numerous areas in investigating these particular crimes.

I agree. I had an violent encounter with someone who meets all of this criteria and their personality, lifestyle, and the M.O. of my assault are eerily similar to what I imagine the LISK's are.

My suspected unsub was born and raised just north of that stretch of beach, eventually lived in NYC. Would mysteriously vanish for days and days. Twisted deviant and sex addict. Always hunting for prey on dating apps and Craigslist. Sociopath, easily. I was naive and trusting. Paid the price, but it surely could have ended up far worse.

Effing predators. Holding out hope for justice for these victims .

Well , I say to you in the name of God and the girls- contact the FBI and name names...every little sketch or clue can unravel this. These girls didnt think it would end like that for them. You are not going to be thrown in jail for your info. Maybe, just maybe, he was the one. And you got lucky. Think about dropping the dime .

Oh God that terrifying, and I imagine that if you did report it, it went ignored. The terrible truth about our criminal justice system is that female and tg sex workers are the last people on Earth that a police officer will help. Their families are ignored equally because most police departments breed this indifference into their rank and file. I think LISK is someone who doesn't deal one on one with too many people. He works a very solo kind of job, might have to put up with two or three other people every shift. A person who lives in some inherited house in a middle class burb, his neighbors never see him. Probably works nights or overnight. Definitely works in NYC. Those cell phone calls are the key. The exact times he called are most important.

Those cell phone calls (2 or 3) to the sister from the victims phone.

I agree with you 100%. I am obsessed with this case also and a good part of it is because I am local to the area. It would be anticlimatic if they found those responsible but it is something we all look forward to. It's amazing how many people have been murdered and dumped over the island over the years and - I won't say NO ONE saw anything, maybe they didn't realize what they were seeing - ie, the car pulled to the side of the road had the driver in the woods, leaving a victim. I drive around LI and sometimes wonder if the woods are hiding any more victims. I am curious how many more victims have been left since 2010 and where; has LISK changed MO? And there is just so many details and information about LISK and Manorville Butcher that the mind just keeps wanting to know more...

When I drive on Commack Road - north of the Costco and walmart- theres all that similar shrub in there. For a mile or so. Around that park on the east side. One can only imagine what they could find in there with the sniffer dogs. I dont want to think about that.

Those cell phone calls (2 or 3) to the sister from the victims phone.
Yes those calls from the victim's phones can pinpoint exact time and location, specifically the cell repeater address. The person who made those calls did it from Times Square, Penn Station, and Long Island. Times Square has probably hundreds of cell repeaters in it, but the exact one that bounced the call can pinpoint where LISK was standing when call was made. Could be right where he works, or very close. Time of day even more important, he probably works nights, could have been on his way to work, not leaving to go home as speculated in doc.

I agree with you that the drivers are crucial to understanding the trade, and solving the crimes. In the case of Shannan Gilbert, I have always believed that Michael Pak was the key solving the crime. I have a sense that LE tends to not focus on the drivers for some reason, possibly there is no easy criminal charges to be made against drivers.

Think about it for a minute, and you will see that the drivers are crucial for the sex trade to exist.

The driver would be the first person LE spoke to in an investigation like this. However, if there were multiple drivers it would be virtually impossible to find them all, because it is not as though these sorts of people keep records. They are involved in illegal activity after all, they are not going to maintain a paper trail that might be used to convict them of something.

The driver would be the first person LE spoke to in an investigation like this. However, if there were multiple drivers it would be virtually impossible to find them all, because it is not as though these sorts of people keep records. They are involved in illegal activity after all, they are not going to maintain a paper trail that might be used to convict them of something.

In reality in the SG case, the police did not even attempt to contact Michael Pak, he went to LE to assist in reporting SG missing. We do not know the extent, if any, interrogation of Michael Pak that may have taken place. Was SCPD aware he was convicted previously of a human smuggling related crime?

Just a thought... They posited the theory of two killers... Shannon Gilbert said “they are trying to kill me”on the 911 call... maybe they’re working together. I know torso killers are supposed to be territorial, but maybe they have an understanding. Stranger things have happened.

I agree with you 100%. I am obsessed with this case also and a good part of it is because I am local to the area. It would be anticlimatic if they found those responsible but it is something we all look forward to. It's amazing how many people have been murdered and dumped over the island over the years and - I won't say NO ONE saw anything, maybe they didn't realize what they were seeing - ie, the car pulled to the side of the road had the driver in the woods, leaving a victim. I drive around LI and sometimes wonder if the woods are hiding any more victims. I am curious how many more victims have been left since 2010 and where; has LISK changed MO? And there is just so many details and information about LISK and Manorville Butcher that the mind just keeps wanting to know more...

Have they found out anymore information as to the butcher? They were talking in an episode of "The Killing Season" that one of them (or both) were territorial, and one was hunting the other. Do you think there's more than 2 killers, and so you think there's a connection to the 4 in Daytona Beach killings?

I just discovered a series on Amazon called The Killing Season. It is a documentary about LISK. So many twists and turns. I’m only half way through, but I am hooked.

Same here Mitty

Which episode are you on? I'm on episode 5 it's crazy to think that there could be a possibility of 2 serial killers

I was watching the A&E series about the Long Island Serial Killer and heard about websleuths. While I watch cold case documentaries I find myself often googling, as I expect many of you do. During the "Joe Foti" segment of the show I did a quick google search of the name and found that not much was being said regarding it. As many of you probably did, I first thought it was a stretch to assume that police would release a name via wikipedia alluding to the killer.

I did however continue to search and came across the obituary of a Frank Joseph Foti who died November of 2017 at the age of 42 of West Babylon NY. (Link Below) I found it interesting that he loosely fits the profile of the killer. After continuing to search I found that not much else could be found about this man other than the address associated with him. 235 Arnold Avenue, West Babylon

Frank Joseph Foti Obituary - Babylon, NY
Frank J Foti, West Babylon - post your report about resident of 235 Arnold Ave

Going through the family photos left on the obituary, it shows that he was formerly a Marine. He had a wife and two kids. There is a photo of him working on power lines, so it could be assumed he's an electrician. Lastly, If you throw that address into google maps, you'll find his address sits just north of the LISK dumping ground. His death also could explain why he hasn't been caught.

This is all I have for you. This is also a stretch but perhaps there is something here.

IF ''THEY' WANT TO CATCH HIM. IMO, he has already been 'caught' and that is the real problem. For the life of me I can't understand why the cops never bothered to get Shannan's 8 Burner Phones and her laptop.

Hackshaw, I agree with you, I really do not believe SCPD wanted to investigate Shannan's case and charge anybody with a crime. I think they know exactly what was going on that night and who was involved.

With charges would have come defense attorneys, publicity, court hearings and information that would be detrimental to the SCPD. Why has it taken so many years to get SG's 911 tapes released for example. Why have no 'conspiracy' 'accessory' or related charges been laid?

I was watching the A&E series about the Long Island Serial Killer and heard about websleuths. While I watch cold case documentaries I find myself often googling, as I expect many of you do. During the "Joe Foti" segment of the show I did a quick google search of the name and found that not much was being said regarding it. As many of you probably did, I first thought it was a stretch to assume that police would release a name via wikipedia alluding to the killer.

I did however continue to search and came across the obituary of a Frank Joseph Foti who died November of 2017 at the age of 42 of West Babylon NY. (Link Below) I found it interesting that he loosely fits the profile of the killer. After continuing to search I found that not much else could be found about this man other than the address associated with him. 235 Arnold Avenue, West Babylon

Frank Joseph Foti Obituary - Babylon, NY
Frank J Foti, West Babylon - post your report about resident of 235 Arnold Ave

Going through the family photos left on the obituary, it shows that he was formerly a Marine. He had a wife and two kids. There is a photo of him working on power lines, so it could be assumed he's an electrician. Lastly, If you throw that address into google maps, you'll find his address sits just north of the LISK dumping ground. His death also could explain why he hasn't been caught.

This is all I have for you. This is also a stretch but perhaps there is something here.

I just quickly looked back at the photo of him working on the power line and I realized the truck in the background is a Time Warner truck. This could actually mean he was a Time Warner technician and able to access IP addresses and post from them. Maybe the Wikipedia post was him leaving a final signature on the case.

I have it on good information that certain people that involved themselves in this case have 8 cell phones that belonged to Shannan Gilbert. They also have her laptop and other related documents. I also know the detectives know of this and have NEVER asked them to provide them with such information. But we also know SG made that 23 minute 911 call and despite all the controversy surrounding it the phone call has never been released to the John Ray.

We also believe the chief law enforcement officer in Suffolk County, DA Sini has never offered an opinion on this case, or the releasing of the 911 tape - at least I have never heard of him doing so. If there is anyone that should know if the investigation could be compromised by releasing the tape it must be Sini.

We also believe the chief law enforcement officer in Suffolk County, DA Sini has never offered an opinion on this case, or the releasing of the 911 tape - at least I have never heard of him doing so. If there is anyone that should know if the investigation could be compromised by releasing the tape it must be Sini.

I know I'm a fool for asking but... Is there anything new (semi-new) related to the Gilbert case, LISK? When's ol Jimmy B getting out... Or is he out already?? And, how's your summer goin, Hawk? Hope you're staying cool!
Happy thoughts from Kentucky! :)

Jimmy B got out around April/May. With luck Jimmy left a bed open for his pal Tom Spota who goes on trial for his part in the crime on Nov.12th. I think it will be postponed once again unless Spota pleads out. From what I see Mr.Spota has no where to go unless he has someone higher up the food chain to give up. Lest we forget the other liar James Hickey. I believe he will be a witness against Spota in that trial if it ever comes to pass.

I have it on good information that certain people that involved themselves in this case have 8 cell phones that belonged to Shannan Gilbert. They also have her laptop and other related documents. I also know the detectives know of this and have NEVER asked them to provide them with such information. But we also know SG made that 23 minute 911 call and despite all the controversy surrounding it the phone call has never been released to the John Ray.
LE claims they cant release the 911 tapes because they are part of an investigation.
Investigation?
LE would have SG 8 phones and laptop if she was connected to any investigation.
A point JR could bring Up to the judge on the next court date.
Is there a court date?
Sadly, I think the LISK case is dead in the water.
Its over.

I’m curious about that Dr. Didn’t he call shannan’s mother? What was the conversation? How did he get her number? I know it was proven that he actually called her after he had denied it. There’s so much that I don’t feel was followed up on.
Isn’t there a way to test the Dunlap bags to find out if they were the same Dunlap bags that were found at the business of the guy who killed himself? Did he kill himself or did someone make it look like suicide? I guess I’m suspicious of everyone. It looks to me, like to get away with all these murders would have to be law enforcement. We must remember law enforcement are just like everyone else but have resources to get away with stuff that the normal person couldn’t. It blows me away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chernobyl_Werewolf
Back