Willamette Week article: One Tipster’s Startling Suspicions, and Frustration

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Be careful. Don't assume that we know who took Kyron.

Oh, I don't. I'm just offering in case anyone wants to see the area.

Monroe is a very small town. Grass seed farming is all around, but there are a lot of areas with trees too.

He claims he saw three people take a little boy into the woods, one of them carrying a shovel, and then he heard a gunshot, and he didn't notify anyone about this right when it happened? And it all comes out AFTER Dede and MC have been identified as having ties to Terri? I don't put much credence in this story. (Might check out that area, though, just in case.)

Ditto. A tip's a tip's a tip.

Exactly, anybody in their right mind would have called 911.

And the cars were driving erratically and the woman kept pushing the boys' head down while they were driving...

BUT, he did say he didn't put all these things together before. So let's see he notices the truck and the woman pushing the boy's head down. Then he sees them stop and go into the woods with the other people and the shovel. So far none of this strikes him as suspicious or dangerous, because he assumes they are doing something innocent (meeting relatives to dig for worms in the woods?).

Later he hears the gunshot, but again doesn't think anything of it and doesn't even associate it with the people he saw earlier. Maybe someone is hunting or doing target practice or whatever.

He again notices the vehicles, but the reckless driving isn't a surprise, because the truck was driving that way earlier, too.

Then when he hears all these details of the case it all comes together in his head as a potentially related situation. Like when Homer was riding in the back of Wiggum's police car and heard the description of Marge that seemed ridiculous to him until they hit a bump and the various bits fell into place. :)

Just speculating.

I looked on google for Monroe, Oregon. There is an old mill there that is off the road a ways. I don't know how they would have made it down the length of the road, stopped, got out and go into the woods while he was just driving by on the road. It seems he would have had to stop and watch them. The other odd thing is that there does not seem to be a gas station nearby enough for him to have heard the gunshot when he stopped to ask for directions. Here is the link Monroe. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQ8gEwAA

The mill is just north of the town on "Mill Road".

How do you find out where gas stations are located ? Would that include convenience stores or mom-and-pops' that have pumps?

Is the area hilly/mountainous? I know during hunting season up where my father lives I can hear gunshots from quite far away as it echoes in the mountains.

It is kinda hilly up there. Funny thing is that though I've been there a lot, I can't think of where the gas stations are exactly or even if there is more than one. I think I'll take a drive and get some pics for you guys. It's a nice drive. :)

Oh, I don't. I'm just offering in case anyone wants to see the area.

Monroe is a very small town. Grass seed farming is all around, but there are a lot of areas with trees too.

I'm just saying that if this is a legitimate tip, the perp could be keeping an eye on the area. Stay safe!

Crazy or not, Kyron or not...
I hope that is checked out.

But I am certainly with those who would have immediately called 911 after seeing something like that!

If so, then that scares the hell out of me because it means LE isn't considering any tips that don't lead directly to Terri.

But aside from that:

Here’s an example of one such tip, forwarded today to WW by former Sheriff’s Capt. Bruce McCain

Why am I not surprised. This man is quite the media hound. Why in God's name would he send something like this to WW??? Unfreakinbelievable :furious:

I wouldn't say this tip doesn't lead to Terri. In fact, it so much leads to Terri (what has been reported of her in the news) that I think it was completely fabricated to lead to her. It's got the white pickup, the cranberry colored car, two redheaded women, and a random guy -- the whole cast and props of Terri and the two companions who have been identified as being with her after Kyron went missing.

How do you find out where gas stations are located ? Would that include convenience stores or mom-and-pops' that have pumps?

Is the area hilly/mountainous? I know during hunting season up where my father lives I can hear gunshots from quite far away as it echoes in the mountains.

I zoomed in on google earth and looked along 99W north and south of Monroe and looked for anything that had room with the concrete entries, exits of a gas station. You can tell the RV park and other businesses along the road, but I did not see a gas station, although there is usually one in a small town. Could be there, but if it is in town, then it is not real close to Mill Road. While he could have heard a gunshot echoing he would not have been able to tell where it was coming from that far away, IMO.

It is kinda hilly up there. Funny thing is that though I've been there a lot, I can't think of where the gas stations are exactly or even if there is more than one. I think I'll take a drive and get some pics for you guys. It's a nice drive. :)

Thanks Kimster. You will get a better perspective than we can see on a map.

I wouldn't say this tip doesn't lead to Terri. In fact, it so much leads to Terri (what has been reported of her in the news) that I think it was completely fabricated to lead to her. It's got the white pickup, the cranberry colored car, two redheaded women, and a random guy -- the whole cast and props of Terri and the two companions who have been identified as being with her after Kyron went missing.

Possibly, but I was responding to his statement that LE may not have contacted him because they knew where Terri was on that day.

OT

Sirens going off all over the place and getting closer.

Hope I'm not on fire :eek:

/OT

Weird story, eh?

White truck=not TH. Not on June 9, unless I've missed something. Cranberry colored vehicle? Whose? Not DDS's. Not MC's. TH's Mustang is red, could someone see that as cranberry?

But on June 9, would she have been out driving around long enough in that Mustang to make that trip? And not have KH mention that later? Unlikely.

They need to check it out because a) the tip might be real and b) another child might have been hurt. Or not.

On the whole, if this is real, IMHO, it leads away from TH. Unless I've made a mistake re: colors of cars/trucks involved.

Kimster, if you go out sleuthing and whatnot, have someone go with you, be safe { I believe Kimster has red hair} I can just see someone sayin, "I saw a red headed woman pokin around here today" LOL

The tip should be followed/investigated in the same manner all others are.

That being said I would be shocked if this led to Kyron as it seems very coinkydink all the elements are there. Just saying.

jmho

It sounds to me like the tipster might be an aspiring screen writer. Total fiction to me. First thing any rational person would do is call 911 no matter what the situation.

If this really happened, it sounds creepy after the fact, but I can see how at the time each individual element felt maybe a little strange but not necessarily 911-call prompting. But I think this article is useful in conveying the kinds of tips the police are having to deal with and sort through. Imagine getting even just 1000 other tips like that! In cities outside of Portland - or even the state. Vague locations, no license plate numbers, etc.

I do hope it's followed up on - even if just to find out that this guy is a kook and a liar. Also, I imagine that when rewards are announced, lots of people call in with vague, random tips in the hopes that they'll luck out and just happen to be right and get the money.

Interesting.

I just hope Kyron is found soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico