Winter Storms Q, Rocky and other 2013 winter storms; How Much Snow/Ice Will You Get

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We have been downgraded to 4-6 inches of snow. Still a pain in the butt but better than what they had been saying a day or two ago!

Ha, ha they are calling this next storm "the blizzard of oz" for us Kansans.

:floorlaugh:

With the Wicked Wind of the West?

Yeah Rocky is predicted to be worse than Q. We are to get freezing rain first and then a wet heavy snow. Only good thing is the snow will help with our drought. Gonna load up on supplies tomorrow once again.

Hope you get some snow wfgodot, glad your friend made it back safely.

:floorlaugh:

With the Wicked Wind of the West?

Yeah Rocky is predicted to be worse than Q. We are to get freezing rain first and then a wet heavy snow. Only good thing is the snow will help with our drought. Gonna load up on supplies tomorrow once again.

Hope you get some snow wfgodot, glad your friend made it back safely.

Yep, we just got milk--and WINE etc. from the store (it's a looooong drive for us to grocery shop) so we're good to go. I'm washing the bedding and I'll clean tomorrow morning--I'm anticipating the power going out with the blizzard.

If Rocky is worse than Q, we are really in for it! I'm not complaining, though, I love snow and I LOVE the moisture we're getting.

Yes, Monday storm may even find the NE corner of OK with snow. Fingers crossed for luck.

Friend who was scheduled to fly out of Des Moines Thursday has finally flown into Chicago and thence homeward.

wfgodot, should we start a new thread for Rocky or just continue on with the Q thread for Rocky comments?

wfgodot, should we start a new thread for Rocky or just continue on with the Q thread for Rocky comments?
We should go ahead and stick with this one, I think. You might alert a mod to see if we could get the title changed to something like Winter Storms Q and Rocky, How much snow or ice will you get."

We should go ahead and stick with this one, I think. You might alert a mod to see if we could get the title changed to something like Winter Storms Q and Rocky, How much snow or ice will you get."

Okay I did. Never alerted a post before and it said for rude, harassing comments etc. So I think I just reported myself for harassing myself for trying to change the title of the thread.

I'm so easily confused.

Thanks Mods for updating the thread title! Both storms are going at the same time. You are awesome!

Makes me wonder if we should ask for a weather forum in the future. Lots of blizzards, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and so on.

Okay I did. Never alerted a post before and it said for rude, harassing comments etc. So I think I just reported myself for harassing myself for trying to change the title of the thread.

I'm so easily confused.

Lol, but it worked ;)

I still think we need to have a weather forum.

I tried contacting Websleuths but my email starting opening up multiple windows within a few seconds and kept on opening up more, I couldn't close them fast enough. Quickly turned off laptop and turned it back on and tried again and still the same thing! :waitasec: Don't know why this happened. Don't think I have a virus, I have maccafees.

wfgodot any ideas how to suggest we get a weather forum?

Don't really want to alert myself for harassing myself for wanting a weather forum.

All of these big winter storms hitting: DC keeps dodging the bullet... our area is still stuck in a snow drought... 2nd winter in a row with hardly any snow. Good bit of rain... just no snow.

*sighs* I miss snow... send some to us.

I tried contacting Websleuths but my email starting opening up multiple windows within a few seconds and kept on opening up more, I couldn't close them fast enough. Quickly turned off laptop and turned it back on and tried again and still the same thing! :waitasec: Don't know why this happened. Don't think I have a virus, I have maccafees.

Don't really want to alert myself for harassing myself for wanting a weather forum.

I think a weather forum would be great also, I belong to different weather related forums.. I am a hurricane tracker...lol..I have always been big a weather watcher.. Beside WS the rest of my time is spent on weather forums, tracking storms, reading model data.. So I have two passions.

I am just passing through here and I thought maybe I could help.

I would throw out an insult, someone would report me for being rude, and while they were at it, they could mention a wish for a weather thread (whiich I think is a good idea, too). :)

So I googled classic movie insults and while there are some good ones to be had, nobody dealing with bad weather needs insults, too, so back to the drawing board. :D

I think a weather forum would be great also, I belong to different weather related forums.. I am a hurricane tracker...lol..I have always been big a weather watcher.. Beside WS the rest of my time is spent on weather forums, tracking storms, reading model data.. So I have two passions.

You'd be so awesome on a weather forum!

Hubby and I are weather freaks and chase tornadoes and storms. We have wild fires, hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards, floods, dust storms, earthquakes and whatever going on all the time.

I am just passing through here and I thought maybe I could help.

I would throw out an insult, someone would report me for being rude, and while they were at it, they could mention a wish for a weather thread (whiich I think is a good idea, too). :)

So I googled classic movie insults and while there are some good ones to be had, nobody dealing with bad weather needs insults, too, so back to the drawing board. :D

:floorlaugh: I think you just made my day. I'm still giggling. I can't contact Websleuths for some reason. Like 20 windows opened up within seconds! Hubby doesn't know why either.

Can I insult you waitfortheworld2change?

Ahem....waitfortheworld2change....well you got your freakin' wish....we have winter storms. How could you?

Mods....you out there? I just insulted a cool poster. A cool poster who probably wants a weather forum.

Hello?

Shelby....have some Whine with your cheese! There I go again. Shelby probably wants a weather forum too. I such a bad azz.

Wfgodot....ah....crap can't think of a good insult. Go fish? Wfgodot probably wants a weather forum too.

You'd be so awesome on a weather forum!

Hubby and I are weather freaks and chase tornadoes and storms. We have wild fires, hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards, floods, dust storms, earthquakes and whatever going on all the time.
I love the IRIS for updated quakes.. I call it the shake map.. Hardcore weather is my favorite site.

Im in CO at 6600 feet. We are due for up to 12 inches. We already have a crapload on the ground from snow the other day. There are warnings from every avenue of the upcoming blizzardapocalypse. Yet, nothing is happening yet.....

All the snow doesnt bother me....it's the drivers who dont know how to drive:what: I lived in the last frontier for a number of years...-40 in winter, many feet of snow, long dark days. I can handle ANY winter storms now :D

Well, I'm happy to be wrong lol. We got nothing but rain (as far as I can tell) here in CT. They are giving us a 70% chance of snow today, but it is supposed to be 41???? How that happens IDK...

8-14" possible for Wichita region with 25-35 mph "sustained winds." Here in NE OK, latest special weather statement has "about four inches" with 20 mph winds. I'll take that. Better than the other! If it's not this here thunder-snow, however, as advertised, I am going to demand a refund. I have a coupon for that.

wfd - I hope you get your "thunder-snow" lol. I have to laugh at some of the terms here in the east - Ice pellets = sleet in California. Dense fog here = Nothing in CA. We had TULE fog there, can't see your hand in front of your face! Our schools in CA delay BECAUSE of the fog...

Tule fog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Raine1212...we are overdue for a New Madrid earthquake. Don't know if you have seen this on Google Maps. Google New Madrid Missouri and you can still see the sandblows left over from the 1811-1812 earthquake. Mostly round shaped. Many in the fields, nothing grows in them.

We are to get 8 - 12 inches of snow. Sleet or freezing rain first on Monday. To Primafacie it's like a dusting of snow. lol Yeah, we drive pretty well in the snow and it's the ones who can't drive well that scare me the most.

PMLsmom maybe you'll get the snow that falls and melts. At 41 degrees it's too warm for it to stick.

wfgodot...you get your prescriptions? Something I need to do also, while the doing is good.

Can't get to my moms today, she's on a hill down to one lane with the snow, nowhere to park. She will call if she or my aunts need to go to the store, I can pick her up and take her.

I also need to go to the store. Just don't want to go out in the cold. Rocky is going to be worse than Q for us. We need the moisture. I'd rather have rain than snow.

I want Spring, I want Spring, I want Spring!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back