Winter Storms Q, Rocky and other 2013 winter storms; How Much Snow/Ice Will You Get

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Everyone still hanging in there? We got about 7-8 inches--hard to tell it's drifted so much. We live on a farm--very rural. Can't get out of our driveway until my husband plows. Trees are very weighed down with heavy snow. It looks like yummy frosting over everything.

The snowy frosting on the trees are toppling trees and limbs in my area. Very pretty scenery and absolute beotch to shovel. Tens of thousands without power as a result of the heavy snow. Perfect snow for snowman and snow fort building.

Just hope we don't lose power. I'm so sick of winter and being housebound.

Heading into S Ontario tonight
Could be rain, could be snow...

I choose rain please!!

And here comes Saturn!

Who else is in the path of this storm? They're saying 6-10" in the Chicago area.

Calling for 7 - 10 inces in the central VA area! I am so ready for warm weather.

Winter Storm Saturn: Snowfall Totals, Storm Reports

http://www.wunderground.com/news/winter-storm-saturn-snow-totals-reports-20130305

------------

Chicago snowstorm headed toward the Mid-Atlantic

and

Coastal flooding a concern in the Mid-Atlantic and New England

As the storm moves off the coast on Wednesday night, winds gusting to 55 mph will build waves of up to 15' and a 2 - 4' storm surge along the coast to the north of the center, along the coasts of Delaware, New Jersey, and New York. Heavy rains will bring runoff down rivers that will act to increase water levels along the coast. ............

Should the more northerly track of the GFS and NAM models verify, Southeast Massachusetts could be looking at a dangerous coastal flooding event with impacts far worse than experienced during Winter Storm Nemo on February 9.

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=2361

Watching storm surge videos on weather channel. Ocean is looking real wicked and high tide not there yet! Coastal flooding in the Hurricane Sandy area tomorrow. Feet of snow elsewhere. Virginia is covered in a white fluffy snowfall.

Stay safe my friends....someday soon spring will come. Our Storm Q and Rocky snow piles are still here and slowly slowly melting. Technically the slow melting snow is exactly what our dry soil needs. Driving wise it's a sloppy dirty salty mess.

I'm in Cape May,NJ. Already lost electric earlier today. The wind and rain is horrible!!!! Just praying that electric and internet stay on. Supposed to die down a bit by the moring,

I'm in CT and we are supposed to get hit later today/tonight/all night. It's already snowed some this morning, but will (hopefully) be too warm to really let loose until I get DS home from school. Weather guy says it is a very wet snow coming, so praying that we don't lose power.

Thank goodness the 65 mph winds finally died out kast night, It's actually a beautiful day here. Stone Harbor (10 mi north) had big damage with many electric polls torn down by the winds and flooding,

Thanks to God we didn't loose power...the 3-6 inches they were predicting turned into 13+ inches. Spent 2 hours yesterday shoveling snow lol. Showed up my 15 yo DS (I have arthritis in my spine) but am sore today. I WANT SPRING!!!!!!

Sorry to hear you got so much snow. Like you said,no loss of electric was the big plus.
Yesterday am,we had snow for a few hours. Have to laugh. Our local weatherman coined a new term..."conversational snow" . That's when it snows but doesn't stick. Who knew ?

Well, what a boich that I am bumping up this thread...Here comes winter storm Ukko - right at us. They are predicting 4-8 inches of snow. I WANT SPRING!!!

First day of spring and we are getting snow, boooo!! And what is up with the cold temps, just a few weeks ago we were seeing 40's now we're back around the 10's.

kos - you're supposed to get more than us (CT)...

I'm hearing 6-12" here in central Mass. This is about the fourth or fifth time we've had the snow melt completely, and every time I start planning on going out and doing garden/yard prep, and every time I've been thwarted by yet another round of snow. :banghead:

Also heard there could be thick ice with this one. F U N (not)!!

I got about 4 inches of snow yesterday..the snow hadnt melted from previous snows..but here you can't plant anything till after Fathers day. Last yr we got a huge fathers day snow. UGH

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back