Witness accounts

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if GZ is innocent. I just know I have not seen evidence to prove his guilt. It may exist, I dont know yet. Waiting for a doc dump!

I just dont understand your post. You had said:

My point was that the Feds and Special Prosecutor were not involved when she realized she may have heard something in the call. What was she waiting for? If she had evidence that could change the whole course of the investigation, why wouldn't she have contacted someone, anyone??? Unless she was clairvoyant she did not know that the SP would be taking over for the DA.

My point is that her evidence wasn't going to change the course of the investigation. Look at all the people arguing that it doesn't now! Look at all the people calling her a liar! I don't believe for one minute that the Sanford Police would place any credibility in the words of a black teenaged girl. So if I were her mother, I would have done nothing unless I heard that the feds or a special prosecutor had become involved.

My point is that her evidence wasn't going to change the course of the investigation. Look at all the people arguing that it doesn't now! Look at all the people calling her a liar! I don't believe for one minute that the Sanford Police would place any credibility in the words of a black teenaged girl. So if I were her mother, I would have done nothing unless I heard that the feds or a special prosecutor had become involved.

I would give more credibility to her statement had she made it 3 weeks prior, with or without an attorney. Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking - that's what I was taught growing up. She did not have the integrity to call someone when she -knew- that her friend had died shortly after her call was dropped. This destroys nearly all credibility as far as I'm concerned.

I would give more credibility to her statement had she made it 3 weeks prior, with or without an attorney. Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking - that's what I was taught growing up. She did not have the integrity to call someone when she -knew- that her friend had died shortly after her call was dropped. This destroys nearly all credibility as far as I'm concerned.

BBM

And you can honestly say, with absolute certainty that you as a 16 year-old kid would have gone to SPD and demanded that they listen to you? That's truly remarkable.

She was 16 years old and most likely in shock.

BBM

And you can honestly say, with absolute certainty that you as a 16 year-old kid would have gone to SPD and demanded that they listen to you? That's truly remarkable.

I would say with absolute certainty that I would've called the Sanford Police and said "hey, I was talking to Trayvon right before he was shot... do you want my story?" instead of hiding for 3 weeks and not contacting anyone about it.

My point is that her evidence wasn't going to change the course of the investigation.

It certainly could have swung this case in either direction, depending on her clear recollection of what happened days before, instead of after speaking to Crump and refusing to speak to LEOs for over a month.

Look at all the people calling her a liar!

I see people questioning her story, nobody is calling her a liar. She is officially a witness now, AFAIK it is allowed.

I don't believe for one minute that the Sanford Police would place any credibility in the words of a black teenaged girl. So if I were her mother, I would have done nothing unless I heard that the feds or a special prosecutor had become involved.

But, they lived in Miami. A city with plenty of black detectives, if she would have been more comfortable talking to them, that was an easy option. MOO

The article I was referring to is found under, "Blog Entries by Trymaine Lee". He has a special section dedicated to Trayvon. Some writers do both news and blogs.
He has a special section as a reporter. It is not labeled a blog. Huffington labels all the Blogs with the words The Blog.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/12/george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin_n_1340358.html No Blog

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-boyce-watkins/trayvon-martin-shooting_b_1341420.html The Blog

And if she HAD gone three weeks earlier, would you have found her credible or would you have said, "Well she's Trayvon's friend, she can't be trusted to tell the truth." Maybe you would have, but others wouldn't.

And if she HAD gone three weeks earlier, would you have found her credible or would you have said, "Well she's Trayvon's friend, she can't be trusted to tell the truth." Maybe you would have, but others wouldn't.

If she had gone to the police, any capable detective, her statements would be more credible. I would have found her more credible if she had not spoken to Crump period...though waiting nearly a month, and outright *REFUSING* to speak to authorities hurts her credibility greatly.

{MOO}

The bold is a logical fallacy, so I doubt I would say that. Just as I would not say "The Martins are being represented by Mr. Ben Crump so nothing they say can be trusted." - in fact, I've said the opposite in these forums. I do believe Ms. Fulton does believe that she heard her son's voice.

Makes me even more sure that GZ was calling his father while having the neighbor call his wife. Me- I would rather be jailed than call my dad at that age.

I (imo) think RZ sr. has taken care of a lot of issues through the years. JMO MOO Just my 2 cents.

I can't help but feel the same where the lawyer relative of TM's is concerned. I think he was afforded a lot of leniency in his school infractions. JMO :twocents::moo:

What is interesting here, and goes toward the photographer being a friend, GZ said, "call my wife". A neighbor acquaintance or a cop is not going to know who GZ's wife is, so it had to be someone more than a little familiar with him. YKWIM?

I know for sure I would not rather be jailed if I'd just shot someone in (alleged), self defense. He is a 28 year old man, not a juvenile in for underage drinking. JMO :twocents:

I see people questioning her story, nobody is calling her a liar. She is officially a witness now, AFAIK it is allowed.

<respectfully snipped>

I am not so much concerned about what she did or not do that evening and the next two weeks, but her statements were the basis for Crump thinking that Trayvon was "hunted down". This, I have a problem with. It speaks largely to the magnitude of her (lack of) character. Crump was able to spin her story into the narrative that turned this into the circus it is.

Isn't saying that she lacks character implying that she's not telling the truth?

<respectfully snipped>

Isn't saying that she lacks character implying that she's not telling the truth?

Several witnesses in this case have had their character come into question, we may never be able to discern the truth of what they "heard" or didn't "hear". It just their word. I don't personally feel she lacks character, but I do feel she was coached. She's 16, 15, IIRC, at the time - she would do as she was told, IMO.

Not necessarily. She had no integrity which is "lack of character."

The juveniles involved in this case are being held to higher standards than Zimmerman. When someone points out that this 28 year old agreed to head up the Neighborhood Watch but he didn't follow the rules, instead patrolling carrying a gun and getting out of his car to follow the 'suspect' we are told that he broke no laws and had every right to do those things. Well neither did Trayvon's friend break any laws by not coming forward sooner.

I can't help but feel the same where the lawyer relative of TM's is concerned. I think he was afforded a lot of leniency in his school infractions. JMO :twocents::moo:

What is interesting here, and goes toward the photographer being a friend, GZ said, "call my wife". A neighbor acquaintance or a cop is not going to know who GZ's wife is, so it had to be someone more than a little familiar with him. YKWIM?

I know for sure I would not rather be jailed if I'd just shot someone in (alleged), self defense. He is a 28 year old man, not a juvenile in for underage drinking. JMO :twocents:

I am confused? are you thinking a lawyer relative was intervening in TM's school troubles/suspensions? It isn't that big of a deal unless there really is a permanent record out there (lord help me ;) :eek:) :what:

I know for sure I would be safer in jail than calling my father, but that is just me. Daddy didn't play. And he sure as hell wouldn't pull rank. And yes GZ is a 28 year old man who shot a kid. Guess it will all come out at trial.

The juveniles involved in this case are being held to higher standards than Zimmerman. When someone points out that this 28 year old agreed to head up the Neighborhood Watch but he didn't follow the rules, instead patrolling carrying a gun and getting out of his car to follow the 'suspect' we are told that he broke no laws and had every right to do those things. Well neither did Trayvon's friend break any laws by not coming forward sooner.

Amen~

And when I hear this child has DV and anger management classes........:banghead: :truce: :maddening: :truce:

I would say with absolute certainty that I would've called the Sanford Police and said "hey, I was talking to Trayvon right before he was shot... do you want my story?" instead of hiding for 3 weeks and not contacting anyone about it.

Of course you would, as would most people. If I thought a strange man was staring at and chasing down my boyfriend, scaring him to the point he was hiding from him, at 16 years old, I would have called LE. At the very least, I'd have called the parents so they would know the guy's claims of self-defense were bull. The stalked and killed my boyfriend for no reason! I'd want him arrested and off the streets! JMO

Here we go, back into the whole "Neighborhood Watch" thing. He wasn't patrolling. He had every legal right to carry a gun and follow any individual he felt to be suspicious.

Side note about the Neighborhood Watch program, specifically about the manual. If it's so important that people do not carry a gun while patrolling, and do not follow (from a safe distance) when they're reporting, why isn't it in the manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo