Witness Laura Buchanan Backs Out

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh! Oooh! Something new in yesterdays doc dump???? I had given up! Off to read....:woohoo:

After reading the depo and the transcripts of the phone calls I am just shocked! You see a whole other side to Laura in the phone transcripts than she portays herself in the depos.

It also shocked me how LDB & JA were spoken to like they were idiots by Laura's lawyer. Oh how I wish LB was going to take the stand and see her questioned again! I'd love to see her squirm on the screen.

LB stepped on a gator's tail and it sampered off, sure. :rolleyes: I'd like to see that.

Perhaps she should spend the day with the gators in Lake Jesup...she could step on as many tails as she wants..and let's see if they scamper off.

Slightly off topic... but I have a point!

When I was young (12-13 years old) me and some friends went fishing in the little lake my my apartment complex. We used a stick, a paper clip and bologna to fish. Well, we ended up catching a baby alligator... I can tell you that our first reaction was to cut the string and RUN!! Even at that age, we knew that the baby alligator was crying for mommy... and mommy would be there VERY soon to help her baby!

If you step on an alligators tail, it is not just going to run off. It is going to turn around and SNAP at whatever just stepped on it. I have watched, in person, the people who deal with alligators... and many will pull on their tails just to show you how fast they can react. Especially if that alligator had a nest, or babies near by, it would chase you to protect its young.

LB knows nothing about alligators and how they work. We, as Floridians, are taught, almost trained, about what to do if we encounter an alligator from a very young age. She really should not have tried to elaborate such a silly story. LDB almost seemed amazed at her encounter with this alligator because she knows that is not how alligators work.

Slightly off topic... but I have a point!

When I was young (12-13 years old) me and some friends went fishing in the little lake my my apartment complex. We used a stick, a paper clip and bologna to fish. Well, we ended up catching a baby alligator... I can tell you that our first reaction was to cut the string and RUN!! Even at that age, we knew that the baby alligator was crying for mommy... and mommy would be there VERY soon to help her baby!

If you step on an alligators tail, it is not just going to run off. It is going to turn around and SNAP at whatever just stepped on it. I have watched, in person, the people who deal with alligators... and many will pull on their tails just to show you how fast they can react. Especially if that alligator had a nest, or babies near by, it would chase you to protect its young.

LB knows nothing about alligators and how they work. We, as Floridians, are taught, almost trained, about what to do if we encounter an alligator from a very young age. She really should not have tried to elaborate such a silly story. LDB almost seemed amazed at her encounter with this alligator because she knows that is not how alligators work.

Well, I will ask you because you seem to have some experience with alligators. This has bothered me since I read it the other day. Do alligators actually "hiss"? I did not think they needed to hiss, just went right into snapping. lol

ETA: Oh, lol, I just had a thought.....maybe the alligator wasn't an alligator but was a snake. Snakes hiss (if you're lucky).

Maybe it was really an alligake. Half snake / Half Alligator.

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Seriously though...here is an answer to the hissing question.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6Hg4igWtIQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6Hg4igWtIQ[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suHiaiRqPtY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suHiaiRqPtY[/ame]

I've lived in Florida for half my life. Scampering gators ... bwahaahaa:floorlaugh: Good one, Laura. I'm sure JA and LDB were having to pinch themselves so they didn't burst out laughing. (By the way, I live across the road from Gatorland.)

Well, I will ask you because you seem to have some experience with alligators. This has bothered me since I read it the other day. Do alligators actually "hiss"? I did not think they needed to hiss, just went right into snapping. lol

ETA: Oh, lol, I just had a thought.....maybe the alligator wasn't an alligator but was a snake. Snakes hiss (if you're lucky).

Alligators do hiss... much like snakes and cats do when they feel threatened... but I highly doubt that the alligator hissed when she stepped on it's tail and went running away like she said.

Watch this video where the handler comes up from behind the alligator. The alligator immediately flips around and grabs the mans arm with his jaw. He does NOT stop after the trainer gets free... he chases him. That is how alligators react.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brXoBZ-n4Jg&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

She sent Jose a picture of herself and her 5 year old daughter...so he would have an idea of the person he was talking to

She also gave someone named Pat her Social Security No. and DOB...and asked Baez why he (Pat) needed it...THUD

I'm glad you mentioned that - because when I read her statement I thought to myself - :waitasec: - does this woman think gators are like squirrels? Step on a 'gater and it "scampers off"? :floorlaugh:

Really, I am reading through these documents that have just been released - and thinking - this defense and the defense team is just one paper tiger - surely they must be aware they are going to be decimated at trial. Not just embarrassed and humiliated - totally destroyed. No wonder Mason is frantically signing up new business before the trial starts. His reputation is going to need some huge rehabilitation. As for Baez.....well...:loser: I don't need a psychic or a crystal ball to see his future.

Suddenly the words of the Late Gerry Rafferty come to mind.

:clown: Clowns to the left of me......jokers to the right :jester:

I'm glad you mentioned that - because when I read her statement I thought to myself - :waitasec: - does this woman think gators are like squirrels? Step on a 'gater and it "scampers off"? :floorlaugh:

Really, I am reading through these documents that have just been released - and thinking - this defense and the defense team is just one paper tiger - surely they must be aware they are going to be decimated at trial. Not just embarrassed and humiliated - totally destroyed. No wonder Mason is frantically signing up new business before the trial starts. His reputation is going to need some huge rehabilitation. As for Baez.....well...:loser: I don't need a psychic or a crystal ball to see his future.

Oh please let the defense call her to tell her alligator story in front of a jury made up of people from Florida. :praying:

Suddenly the words of the Late Gerry Rafferty come to mind.

:clown: Clowns to the left of me......jokers to the right :jester:

And with concealed weapons, no less. Hope someone from her family is looking into the safety of her children.

Regarding the Pat that Laura gave her social security number to........

Wasn't her own attorney, Ray Brown's secretary named Pat?? Yep...Pat Robins http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26649594/detail.html

During the depo....Ray and Jose seemed a bit cozy didn't they??? You have to read it in its entirety.

Early on, JB objected to LDB asking Laura why she retained an attorney to which Ray jumped in and claimed it was privileged. http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26649960/detail.html

raybrown.JPG

Stick with me here...

JB objects to the State asking why LB felt the need to retain counsel. Ray doesn't have issue at first but then spins around and claims he won't allow it. It takes a chat in the hallway with her attorney for LB to craft some generic answer.

Ray Brown got very hostile with LDB and even went as far as to refuse to allow LB to answer questions by Jeff Ashton or Frank George. He claimed only one attorney would ask questions.....Kind of like Judge Perry's rule.
http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26649971/detail.html

rayjeff.JPG

I have been in depos where 4 attorneys all ask questions of one person so it is indeed common, unlike what Ray Brown tries to claim.

Near the end of the depo, JB jokes with Ray about his availability when he plans to come to Florida with LB.......recall that Mort picked em up at the airport? Recall that LB met with Andrea and Jose later that visit??
Ray also got the form in question FROM MORT.

rayjb.JPG

In the Anne Pham controlled calls and interview.....she played a recording from Ray Brown to LE. He clearly states that she can return the call to his secretary PAT and she will find him.

Ummmmmmmmmmm if I were to guess.....LB got an attorney with some HELP from someone who shall remain unnamed by me. AND that PAT got her SS# and DOB so that MORT could dig up dirt on HER.

Anyone else follow my train of thought???

LB stepped on a gator's tail and it sampered off, sure. :rolleyes: I'd like to see that.

Perhaps she should spend the day with the gators in Lake Jesup...she could step on as many tails as she wants..and let's see if they scamper off.

I have to say, while I don't believe it coming from LB, based on her well established need to embelish everything; my little brother (6 at the time) crawled over the top of a huge gator (maybe 12 feet long and 3 to 4 feet wide) during a family vacation stop at an Okefenokee (sp?) swamp gator attraction. Of course the gator was sleeping at the time but you shoulda seen my mom's face go pure white and then bright red when she realized my DB was on the other side of this gator with no means of her to extricate him without help from the guys who worked there.

All that said, I find it difficult to take LB at her word on this because most of her other words have been found to be unreliable, to put it kindly.

Alligators do hiss - as a warning. No alligator would remain quiet and allow a human to get that close. By the time you hear the hiss, which is a warning, it is your last chance to turn and run. Most people don't know that alligators move very quickly on land so you better hope you can run fast. Once their jaws close down on you they will drag you under water so they can drown you, that's how they kill.

Alligators can get used to humans, but all that really means is that they invade your neighborhood or swim in your pool and eat small animals, such as small dogs. Many people who have moved here from someplace else make the mistake of leaving food out and then learn the hard way when their poodle disappears.

Also, no alligator could live in that small area under such heavy vegetation without being spotted. They are cold blooded and would have been drawn to the sidewalk to sun themselves. A flooded area would not have enough food to keep them alive. I'm not saying an alligator would not have turned up after heavy rains, but it would have been seen by many people. They live in swampy areas but need the sun - they never stay hidden for long.

Last year during heavy rains an alligator swam down the street 2 blocks from me. I live a few blocks off the St. Johns River. We kept our pets inside and got the word out and the alligator was captured very quickly.

Once I read Laura Buchanan said she stepped on an alligator and it hissed at her and ran away I knew every word out of her mouth was a lie - and anyone from here, such as our wonderful LDB, knew it, too.

I've been going through all the controlled conversations...am I wrong to assume that even when LB's backpedaling she still isn't being entirely truthful? It appears that there is/was most certainly an active investigation against her...many interviews with no transcript of the discussion. I'm assuming they don't have to release that because of an active investigation. So one of the people she mentions she was searching with (an AC IIRC) wasn't even there searching? Another convo (AP) metions a time she was in FLA...one that she hadn't disclosed to the SA during her depo. I believe AP said LB was on Suburban when LP got Casey out of jail. That was August! Was LB lying to her friend then? Very interesting that they pulled BC in as well. What a mess these people make!!

PS- sorry if that this has all been mentioned...just finished going through yesterday's docs and my eyes are about to fall out of my head.

Yes, as far as I know there were 2 depos for LB.
According to the docket , filed today, they are listed.
I don't quite follow why they are listed like this today.

Murder docket update today

01-28-2011 Deposition
of Laura Buchanan 8/16/10

01-28-2011 Deposition
of Laura Buchanan 11/17/10

I'm not sure either, I'm hoping it's because the transcripts were turned over to the defense and we'll get to see the November one :smile:

Wasn't her own attorney, Ray Brown's secretary named Pat?? Yep...Pat Robins http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26649594/detail.html

During the depo....Ray and Jose seemed a bit cozy didn't they??? You have to read it in its entirety.

Early on, JB objected to LDB asking Laura why she retained an attorney to which Ray jumped in and claimed it was privileged. http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26649960/detail.html

View attachment 13532

Stick with me here...

JB objects to the State asking why LB felt the need to retain counsel. Ray doesn't have issue at first but then spins around and claims he won't allow it. It takes a chat in the hallway with her attorney for LB to craft some generic answer.

Ray Brown got very hostile with LDB and even went as far as to refuse to allow LB to answer questions by Jeff Ashton or Frank George. He claimed only one attorney would ask questions.....Kind of like Judge Perry's rule.

View attachment 13533

I have been in depos where 4 attorneys all ask questions of one person so it is indeed common, unlike what Ray Brown tries to claim.

Near the end of the depo, JB jokes with Ray about his availability when he plans to come to Florida with LB.......recall that Mort picked em up at the airport? Recall that LB met with Andrea and Jose later that visit??

View attachment 13534

In the Anne Pham controlled calls and interview.....she played a recording from Ray Brown to LE. He clearly states that she can return the call to his secretary PAT and she will find him.

Ummmmmmmmmmm if I were to guess.....LB got an attorney with some HELP from someone who shall remain unnamed by me. AND that PAT got her SS# and DOB so that MORT could dig up dirt on HER.

Yes, I follow and agree. Thanks wasn't enough so I am adding this post. You are very good at seeing through all the goop in this case and I thank you. I absolutely think that is how that went down and I would be willing to bet the SA's office has it figured out too.

View attachment 13532

Stick with me here...

View attachment 13533

View attachment 13534

I definitely got the impression that Jose and Ray had talked (what the heck was that Sudan thing about?)...but to be honest...these convos/depos were so hard to make sense of. I guess the only question I have is who put Laura up to (allegedly) falsifying the document? Was it Baez or was it Laura's attempt at being helpful?

PS- why would Mort want dirt on Laura? Her colorful online presence says it all IMO...yet they still put her out there as their saving grace...aka reasonable doubt.

I definitely got the impression that Jose and Ray had talked (what the heck was that Sudan thing about?)...but to be honest...these convos/depos were so hard to make sense of. I guess the only question I have is who put Laura up to (allegedly) falsifying the document? Was it Baez or was it Laura's attempt at being helpful?

PS- why would Mort want dirt on Laura? Her colorful online presence says it all IMO...yet they still put her out there as their saving grace...aka reasonable doubt.

WHy would Mort want info on half of the TES searchers who were LEGIT????

Looking for an angle even if it means throwing your witness under the bus.

And my guess is it was JB who arranged for LB to get an attorney because when he was talking to AP, LB had not shared any of that information with RB. And LB was then passed off to a criminal attorney. So much for trusting KC's defense. And too many "B's" here. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18