WKMG - Homicide Charges Shortly, Grand Jury next week **MERGED THREADS** #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow, I wonder if that's accurate.

Has anyone seen him on the webcam getting into his car with a big ol' suitcase?

I am watching the news right now and they usually repeat the top stories at 5:30 but that is what I heard. I was also taken back but i will listen again to make sure.

Wow, I wonder if that's accurate.

Has anyone seen him on the webcam getting into his car with a big ol' suitcase?
LOL nope, saw Cindy came home and I 'grabbed' it. The CAM is now down due to the storm.

So I wonder what Cindy threatens him with? Divorce him...or not divorce him? Call him bad names? Cut him off? I personally don't find her all that scary. People treat you the way you let them treat you. The thing about handing your control over to someone else is you can always take it back. The problem with that is you can't blame them anymore. :crazy:

A-L-I-M-O-N-Y
Long term marriage.

I took the mini survey there that asked, do you think Casey should be charged with murder? I accidentally clicked on no. There were 20 no's and 363 yes's, BUT, mine is a mistake. :D

Currently, those poll numbers are at: 3,634(96%) yes and 165 (4%) no. Very telling...

But they are also shielded from providing testimony which might be self-incriminating relative to a whole other ballgame.......for instance a crime not alleged to have been committed by the target of the Grand Jury's investigation.

The 5th offers broad protections...:blowkiss:

You cannot use the 5th amendment to shield someone other than yourself. If George and Cindy take the 5th without having been charged with a crime, then there either had better be an actual chargeable crime that they have comitted, or they face some rather serious repurcussions.

They cannot take the 5th regarding Casey or her crimes. They must face any questions truthfully and fully or face perjury and contempt of court.

Sure! "Fries with that?"

He'll probably be as popular as Mark Geragos, Robert Shapiro, Johnnie Cochran, that white haired fellow that defended Michael Jackson after he fired Geragos....the stink of certain clients never quite comes off no matter how many showers you take...

On another note, I think the A's are helping JB with his change of venue request by collecting news articles, etc., that - or it's a scrap book for really sick reasons??????

Sorry about that last post, i replied to the wrong post....my mouse is broken!

You cannot use the 5th amendment to shield someone other than yourself. If George and Cindy take the 5th without having been charged with a crime, then there either had better be an actual chargeable crime that they have comitted, or they face some rather serious repurcussions.

They cannot take the 5th regarding Casey or her crimes. They must face any questions truthfully and fully or face perjury and contempt of court.
Unless they were involved either during or after the fact and have a reason to take the Fifth. Right? So if they did help conceal or clean up evidence...it would mean they could take the Fifth.

Florida State Prosecutor Pam Bondi just stated "in the state of Florida the only cases that must go to a GJ, involving adults, are 1st degree murder cases."

A-L-I-M-O-N-Y
Long term marriage.

Cindy probably makes more $ than George.

Sounds like we may soon find out what he was afraid of if he indeed testifies against Casey. If so, he obviously manned up or he wasn't as "henpecked" as everyone thought. He is free to do what he wants...which was obvious all along IMO.

Florida State Prosecutor Pam Bondi just stated "in the state of Florida the only cases that must go to a GJ, involving adults, are 1st degree murder cases."
There you go! (As I understand it, that's because of the death penalty.) :clap::clap::clap:

how many years in jail will it take for casey to 'wish' she would have taken LE's first offer of manslaughter /accidental death if she showed them where Caylee was? She probably would have got 10 years in jail. But now, I'm convinced they will get a 1st degree murder conviction and she will be gone away for life.

Cindy probably makes more $ than George.

Sounds like we may soon find out what he was afraid of if he indeed testifies against Casey. If so, he obviously manned up or he wasn't as "henpecked" as everyone thought. He is free to do what he wants...which was obvious all along IMO.
Yes, but she is planning on having a nervous breakdown and won't be able to work; the trial and all, you understand. :crazy:

I feel he should fulfill the requirement that he has yet to fulfill by Florida law. The training he has yet to take and be certified on involves two issues he seems to lack - professionalism and ethics. What lawyer meets 6-8 hours daily with a client day after day, hold hands, whispers in their ear, makes house visits, provides security, spends hours of phone time, hires PI's to chase useless leads, and then has to petition the prosecution for anything that would help defend his client. He has nothing.
What little life experience I have involves working for criminal defense attorneys...JB is behaving like an atty with a GUILTY client! He's milking the publicity because it's more valuable than $$ sometimes...if he's not careful he could be infamous not famous...

So I wonder what Cindy threatens him with? Divorce him...or not divorce him? Call him bad names? Cut him off? I personally don't find her all that scary. People treat you the way you let them treat you. The thing about handing your control over to someone else is you can always take it back. The problem with that is you can't blame them anymore. :crazy:

Bullys often also back down when confronted.

how many years in jail will it take for casey to 'wish' she would have taken LE's first offer of manslaughter /accidental death if she showed them where Caylee was? She probably would have got 10 years in jail. But now, I'm convinced they will get a 1st degree murder conviction and she will be gone away for life.
ITA on the 1st degree conviction. This one could be DP though. If I were Baez, I'd work very hard on showing a mental disorder to try to avoid the DP. I know. I know. A mental disorder like this is not a legal defense to murder; but it can indeed make a difference on the sentence if presented in understandable terms to the jury. Juries tend to react to that stuff. If someone has a for real mental disorder that influenced how they acted and why, it could influence the jury to decide to impose a LWOP instead of DP.

I agree Cali - and I wonder if he is working behind the scenes? It seems he offered information to LE that surely got him in trouble with his wife.

Salem
I agree Salem, when I watched his interview/interrogation, he seemed like he was on LE's side, not protecting KC, etc., JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back