WKMG - Homicide Charges Shortly, Grand Jury next week **MERGED THREADS** #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I must have missed this. When did LA refuse a DNA test and for what reason? Link?
I'll piggyback your post if you don't mind...
And why would they want LA to take a DNA test? What evidence would they need to get a subpoena for him to do so?

ITA. I think it would be hard for him to come out of this with a positive public image. Casey has to be one of the most hated people in the US right now and that isn't likely to change. The videos of her so comfortably spending someone else's money isn't helping much either. He isn't going to be able to defend her without feeling the wrath. While we all agree even Casey has a right to an attorney, JB will not be a popular man after this.
I agree, KC deserves any atty, but it saddens me that being a def. atty has turned into a game of beating the system instead of ensuring your client's civil rights are not violated....there are still def attys out there who would have FIRED KC a long time ago for these games....JB's punishment just might be spending 6-8 hours each day with Miss Fibberpants!!!! Plus, with all the fundraising going on, I'd love to have an accounting of the funds to see if ANYONE, the A's or JB misappropriated a penny!

I'll piggyback your post if you don't mind...
And why would they want LA to take a DNA test? What evidence would they need to get a subpoena for him to do so?

Maybe to exclude him as the source of DNA that has been revealed and is pertinent to a conviction?

I don't think saying that GA will be testifying AGAINST Casey is accurate. I am not saying you didn't quote the news article right - I am saying the news people may have worded it wrong! GA will be testiying before the GJ - he is being called by the States Attorney. Now, what he says or does not say may not look very good for Casey, but he is not testifying against her, he is just testifying to certain matters - whatever is asked of him. It is not like he is testifying at a murder trial FOR the prosecution, that is different.

Exactly, the primary use of GJ, is actually as an investigative tool. Truthfully, if they do testify before the GJ, I would hope it does not look their interviews with LE. They will be impeachable in a criminal trial.
She can't say "Lying is not against the law" here.

IMO if KC had a mental disorder it would have been revealed in the psych. eval. she underwent prior to her initial release from jail. The dr. involved in that would have made a recommendation for medication/counseling/ monitoring by a mental health professional with updates to the court as to her mental state. As far as I can tell by her stipulations for release- she can not come and go as she pleases and she is not supposed to wear revealing clothing and she has to meet with someone on the home monitoring team once a week. Did I miss anything?

The prosecution could also use that to argue future dangerousness during sentencing. I covered a murder trial a number of years ago in which the defense did a great job of proving the murderer had a horrible childhood and a lifetime of mental disorders.

The jury foreman told me after the trial they opted for the death penalty instead of life in prison because they believed his mental disorders meant he would always be a danger to society.

Never say never on deals. They make deals on the courthouse steps. They make deals during the trial. They make deals during jury deliberations. I've even seen deals made during the appeal process! Never say never on deals and don't deal too low too soon.

I agree with you, but I would add that if she does not plea prior to Caylee being ound, she is up the creek, period. I also think that window is like, today or tomorrow at the most.

The prosecution could also use that to argue future dangerousness during sentencing. I covered a murder trial a number of years ago in which the defense did a great job of proving the murderer had a horrible childhood and a lifetime of mental disorders.

The jury foreman told me after the trial they opted for the death penalty instead of life in prison because they believed his mental disorders meant he would always be a danger to society.

Reading that last part just gave me serious chills.

IMO if KC had a mental disorder it would have been revealed in the psych. eval. she underwent prior to her initial release from jail. The dr. involved in that would have made a recommendation for medication/counseling/ monitoring by a mental health professional with updates to the court as to her mental state. As far as I can tell by her stipulations for release- she can not come and go as she pleases and she is not supposed to wear revealing clothing and she has to meet with someone on the home monitoring team once a week. Did I miss anything?

Yup. You did miss something.

First point. The court ordered eval was not a psychotherapeutic examination. It was just a hunt for information to see if (1) she was too sick to stand trial, and/or (2) she was not so mentally ill that she couldn't be held criminally responsible for the charges against her. It was not a doctor visit which results in treatment recommendations. Since she passed the first two questions, there are no updates for the Psychiatrist to submit to the court. People have the right to refuse psychiatric treatment and medications. (Think Britney Spears until the authorities started the California Welfare and Institutions Code 5150 procedures to have her involuntarily admitted to Cedars Siani Hospital Psychiatric unit.)

Second point. There were no "stipulations" for release. A stipulation is when two opposing parties agree to the same thing and the court adopts the agreement as a stipulated order instead of deciding the case and entering the court's own order. In this instance, KC didn't have the opportunity to agree to anything. It was a one-directional order from the court to KC. No consent or agreement on KC's part was involved at all.

:blowkiss:

Maybe to exclude him as the source of DNA that has been revealed and is pertinent to a conviction?
Which DNA is that? Are you speaking hypothetically or something specific?

Thanks for the link Tippy!! Is it me or does Cindy look extremely thin?? This is really taking a toll on her no matter how much on outward appearances she tries to stand by her daughter. I truly believe she KNOWS the truth but is having a hard time facing it.

It's not you. She looks dang near anorexic. I bet she's not eating period. It looks like KC is eating enough for everyone though, she looks like she gained weight.

First point. The court ordered eval was not a psychotherapeutic examination. It was just a hunt for information to see if (1) she was too sick to stand trial, and/or (2) she was not so mentally ill that she couldn't be held criminally responsible for the charges against her. It was not a doctor visit which results in treatment recommendations. Since she passed the first two questions, there are no updates for the Psychiatrist to submit to the court. People have the right to refuse psychiatric treatment and medications. (Think Britney Spears until the authorities started the California Welfare and Institutions Code 5150 procedures to have her involuntarily admitted to Cedars Siani Hospital Psychiatric unit.)

Second point. There were no "stipulations" for release. A stipulation is when two opposing parties agree to the same thing and the court adopts the agreement as a stipulated order instead of deciding the case and entering the court's own order. In this instance, KC didn't have the opportunity to agree to anything. It was a one-directional order from the court to KC. No consent or agreement on KC's part was involved at all.

Thanks for the correction. I really thought I heard she had a psych eval and the records were sealed. You really know your stuff.:blowkiss:

Casey is beyond help anyway. Could you even imagine being her therapist?? You couldn't pay me enough.
pullhair.gif

I agree with you, but I would add that if she does not plea prior to Caylee being ound, she is up the creek, period. I also think that window is like, today or tomorrow at the most.
Yup. That would be a very logical expectation in this case. That's what LP said too. Window is closing fast. :woohoo:
Just think, if they arrest her tomorrow at the hearing, this could be her last night at home.

Casey is beyond help anyway. Could you even imagine being her therapist?? You couldn't pay me enough.
pullhair.gif

Take the job! She will not show up, as she doesn't need help in her mind.

I watched a different pathological liar , lying about going to counseling to address the lying...:rolleyes:
The counseling conflicted with the fake job. Seriously...

Exactly, the primary use of GJ, is actually as an investigative tool. Truthfully, if they do testify before the GJ, I would hope it does not look their interviews with LE. They will be impeachable in a criminal trial.
She can't say "Lying is not against the law" here.

Then I think WFTV maybe did get it wrong because Kathi Belich just said it again so now I am confused. She said that GA will be testifying against KC unless he is the key person that is willing to give more info and they took it as AGAINST. But they also did mention how LA refused the polygraph and he was supeoned to take a DNA but nothing more on that. The LE also has a strong case to indict her too but won't go more than that.

Casey Anthony's Father To Testify Against Her In Front Of Grand Jury

Two members of the Anthony family now have key roles in the case against Casey, her father for what he's going to do and her brother Lee for what he didn't want to do.

Sources told Eyewitness News the Orange County grand jury will hear about high levels of chloroform in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car. The panel will hear how lab tests on the hair and the stain in the trunk will show that Caylee's body was in that trunk and that investigators also believe the little girl's body was at some point in the Anthony's backyard near her playhouse.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17680298/detail.html

Whoa.

Thanks for the correction. I really thought I heard she had a psych eval and the records were sealed. You really know your stuff.:blowkiss:
Not a problem! I share my info. You share yours and we both got smarter. :blowkiss:

Then I think WFTV maybe did get it wrong because Kathi Belich just said it again so now I am confused. She said that GA will be testifying against KC unless he is the key person that is willing to give more info and they took it as AGAINST. But they also did mention how LA refused the polygraph and he was supeoned to take a DNA but nothing more on that. The LE also has a strong case to indict her too but won't go more than that.

I think LA's refusal to take a DNA test is quite fascinating. They got it though via a subpoena. Now, what does he have to hide if anything and what did they get by ruse previously (possibly) that makes them want his DNA official via subpoena?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back