WKMG - Homicide Charges Shortly, Grand Jury next week **MERGED THREADS** #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The prosecution could also use that to argue future dangerousness during sentencing. I covered a murder trial a number of years ago in which the defense did a great job of proving the murderer had a horrible childhood and a lifetime of mental disorders.

The jury foreman told me after the trial they opted for the death penalty instead of life in prison because they believed his mental disorders meant he would always be a danger to society.
I think it was on NG that someone said being a sociopath is not a disease, just a behavioral label, so unless they have drug addiction defense that we haven't heard of yet I doubt they can go for a mental defense....when will we change the laws so that all states can convict even if mentally ill based on GUILTY BY INSANITY??? Like the case cited above!!!!! On another note....can the state confiscate the clothes and white sunglasses KC purchased illegally with AH's $$? Wouldn't it fall under evidence? Or even stolen property somehow?? It just might crank up the stress notch if LE confiscates what is left of her purchases, down to her undies....???

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

George and Cindy Anthony voluntarily gave up DNA samples this week so investigators could scientifically exclude either of them as the source of the hair and stain in Casey's trunk, but investigators had to get a search warrant to get Casey's brother Lee to submit to a DNA test. He also has refused to take a lie detector test for the FBI.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17680298/detail.html

I think LA's refusal to take a DNA test is quite fascinating. They got it though via a subpoena. Now, what does he have to hide if anything and what did they get by ruse previously (possibly) that makes them want his DNA official via subpoena?

You are right... what innocent, understandable reason could LA have to refuse the DNA test? Maybe he's just hell-bent on stalling and complicating the investigation....it's the only excuse I can come with.:confused:

JMO

Which DNA is that? Are you speaking hypothetically or something specific?

I just read on another thread all the A's gave DNA samples this week. LE refused and they had to use a subpeona and it was on WFTV. To rule them out as the source for the hair found in the trunk. LE is covering all the bases.

Thanks for the correction. I really thought I heard she had a psych eval and the records were sealed. You really know your stuff.:blowkiss:
She had a court-ordered psychiatric examination (eval) and the records were sealed -- it just wasn't a therapeutic type of eval. So, you heard it right. Most people think when someone sees a doctor that treatment and meds would follow. But this is more like seeing a doctor to see if you qualify for insurance -- just to get information.

I just read on another thread all the A's gave DNA samples this week. LE refused and they had to use a subpeona and it was on WFTV. To rule them out as the source for the hair found in the trunk. LE is covering all the bases.

True

George and Cindy Anthony voluntarily gave up DNA samples this week so investigators could scientifically exclude either of them as the source of the hair and stain in Casey's trunk, but investigators had to get a search warrant to get Casey's brother Lee to submit to a DNA test. He also has refused to take a lie detector test for the FBI.

This also backs up what LP said about Lee's refusal for the LDT and him being the one who told his parents to refuse also. See...LP is just telling it like it happens!

Thanks for the info. So, if they need DNA to eliminate them are we to assume there was no "death ring" on the hair? I'm all confused. :waitasec:

I think LA's refusal to take a DNA test is quite fascinating. They got it though via a subpoena. Now, what does he have to hide if anything and what did they get by ruse previously (possibly) that makes them want his DNA official via subpoena?

Could be worried about being tested for drug use. Dang, LA, its DNA testing not a drug test. :chicken:

You are right... what innocent, understandable reason could LA have to refuse the DNA test? Maybe he's just hell-bent on stalling and complicating the investigation....it's the only excuse I can come with.:confused:

JMO

I agree. What does he have to hide? Just take the test it is not that hard. It seems with refusing the polygraph and DNA something is definitely not right.

I would love to be a fly on the wall at the Anthony's house becuase heads have got to be rolling over there.

I think it was on NG that someone said being a sociopath is not a disease, just a behavioral label, so unless they have drug addiction defense that we haven't heard of yet I doubt they can go for a mental defense....when will we change the laws so that all states can convict even if mentally ill based on GUILTY BY INSANITY??? Like the case cited above!!!!! On another note....can the state confiscate the clothes and white sunglasses KC purchased illegally with AH's $$? Wouldn't it fall under evidence? Or even stolen property somehow?? It just might crank up the stress notch if LE confiscates what is left of her purchases, down to her undies....???

She bought the undies with stolen money too. :eek:

This also backs up what LP said about Lee's refusal for the LDT and him being the one who told his parents to refuse also. See...LP is just telling it like it happens!
LP also wondered about LA and paternity issues with Caylee IIRC. That is why I was initially shocked that LE had asked for Lee's DNA. I really hope that isn't true...this case is sad enough as it is. It does sound like they wanted DNA from all family members though.

I think LP speculates a bit here and there, but I sure listen to him when he gets a chance to speak. He has been right about many things. Wonder if they pulled a ruse to get his DNA earlier and now wanted it formally? That would be how he knew something would "shock the world" perhaps?

Thanks for the info. So, if they need DNA to eliminate them are we to assume there was no "death ring" on the hair? I'm all confused. :waitasec:

It is to also eliminate them as the source of the stain in the trunk. I figure JB will try to find an expert witness to argue "no death ring." So the more evidence pointing in KC's direction and away from all others- the better.

Does anyone think that LE is putting together a DNA profile basedon the A family and the hair in the trunk? A determination that it could only be Caylee's? My DNA knowledge is hurting - anyone? Could LA be afraid that he has DNA in a location that ties him to Caylee's disappearance? Anyone? Am I barking up a silly tree here?

Sociopaths are considered to have a personality disorder (antisocial), not mental illness. They are on Axis II with mental retardation due to the pervasiveness of symptoms and the fact there is no known effective treatment or "cure". I wasn't completely kidding when I said Casey is beyond help. Insanity is a legal, not medical, term. However, she would never meet those standards as I understand them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back