WKMG - Homicide Charges Shortly, Grand Jury next week **MERGED THREADS** #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What little life experience I have involves working for criminal defense attorneys...JB is behaving like an atty with a GUILTY client! He's milking the publicity because it's more valuable than $$ sometimes...if he's not careful he could be infamous not famous...
ITA. I think it would be hard for him to come out of this with a positive public image. Casey has to be one of the most hated people in the US right now and that isn't likely to change. The videos of her so comfortably spending someone else's money isn't helping much either. He isn't going to be able to defend her without feeling the wrath. While we all agree even Casey has a right to an attorney, JB will not be a popular man after this.

You cannot use the 5th amendment to shield someone other than yourself. If George and Cindy take the 5th without having been charged with a crime, then there either had better be an actual chargeable crime that they have comitted, or they face some rather serious repurcussions.

They cannot take the 5th regarding Casey or her crimes. They must face any questions truthfully and fully or face perjury and contempt of court.

I have not heard anyone here suggest that one can invoke the 5th amendment protections to shield someone else.
Did I miss that?
:)

Maybe C would have to pay G. C has the more stable career. LIkely also the more lucrative.
C will become "disabled" due to a mental breakdown because of losing Caylee and the trial and all. She hasn't put it on her calendar yet, but ... . Just sayin'

He'll probably be as popular as Mark Geragos, Robert Shapiro, Johnnie Cochran, that white haired fellow that defended Michael Jackson after he fired Geragos....the stink of certain clients never quite comes off no matter how many showers you take...

On another note, I think the A's are helping JB with his change of venue request by collecting news articles, etc., that - or it's a scrap book for really sick reasons??????

They can come to OUR Orange County. It's rather conservative, and very family oriented. Los Angeles people joke abut needing a passport.....

how many years in jail will it take for casey to 'wish' she would have taken LE's first offer of manslaughter /accidental death if she showed them where Caylee was? She probably would have got 10 years in jail. But now, I'm convinced they will get a 1st degree murder conviction and she will be gone away for life.
She was only offered a Limited Immunity deal meaning her words could not be used against her, but whatever evidence it led them to could. There was no lesser charges discussed. IMO, there will be no further deals offered to Casey.

Florida State Prosecutor Pam Bondi just stated "in the state of Florida the only cases that must go to a GJ, involving adults, are 1st degree murder cases."

Well, looks like the prosecution is aiming for the top! Good for them!

That would be justice of a sort if C and G divorced and C had to pay G alimony for life while KC spends the rest of her life in prison? Could happen.

Per WFTV just now they said GA will be testifying against KC at the Grand Jury hearing. There is no link now but just want to let everyone know.

And LA refused a DNA test but they got that through a subpoena.

Bombshell?

ITA on the 1st degree conviction. This one could be DP though. If I were Baez, I'd work very hard on showing a mental disorder to try to avoid the DP. I know. I know. A mental disorder like this is not a legal defense to murder; but it can indeed make a difference on the sentence if presented in understandable terms to the jury. Juries tend to react to that stuff. If someone has a for real mental disorder that influenced how they acted and why, it could influence the jury to decide to impose a LWOP instead of DP.

IMO if KC had a mental disorder it would have been revealed in the psych. eval. she underwent prior to her initial release from jail. The dr. involved in that would have made a recommendation for medication/counseling/ monitoring by a mental health professional with updates to the court as to her mental state. As far as I can tell by her stipulations for release- she can not come and go as she pleases and she is not supposed to wear revealing clothing and she has to meet with someone on the home monitoring team once a week. Did I miss anything?

Yes, but she is planning on having a nervous breakdown and won't be able to work; the trial and all, you understand. :crazy:

I wonder if Gentiva is still paying her?

Yes, but she is planning on having a nervous breakdown and won't be able to work; the trial and all, you understand. :crazy:
Sounds reasonable. ;)

She was only offered a Limited Immunity deal meaning her words could not be used against her, but whatever evidence it led them to could. There was no lesser charges discussed. IMO, there will be no further deals offered to Casey.
Never say never on deals. They make deals on the courthouse steps. They make deals during the trial. They make deals during jury deliberations. I've even seen deals made during the appeal process! Never say never on deals and don't deal too low too soon.

Per WFTV just now they said GA will be testifying against KC at the Grand Jury hearing. There is no link now but just want to let everyone know.

I don't think saying that GA will be testifying AGAINST Casey is accurate. I am not saying you didn't quote the news article right - I am saying the news people may have worded it wrong! GA will be testiying before the GJ - he is being called by the States Attorney. Now, what he says or does not say may not look very good for Casey, but he is not testifying against her, he is just testifying to certain matters - whatever is asked of him. It is not like he is testifying at a murder trial FOR the prosecution, that is different.

That would be justice of a sort if C and G divorced and C had to pay G alimony for life while KC spends the rest of her life in prison? Could happen.

Roll of the dice....yup.:blowkiss:
ps Hi Themis:):crazy::wave:

What happens to Lee in this fairy tale ending?

IMO if KC had a mental disorder it would have been revealed in the psych. eval. she underwent prior to her initial release from jail. The dr. involved in that would have made a recommendation for medication/counseling/ monitoring by a mental health professional with updates to the court as to her mental state. As far as I can tell by her stipulations for release- she can not come and go as she pleases and she is not supposed to wear revealing clothing and she has to meet with someone on the home monitoring team once a week. Did I miss anything?

I thought it also said that she can't wear heavy makeup, or haunt the phone or the Net.

She can see her lawyer, seek work, go to work, go to the doctor, or go to work. That's about it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back