WKMG - Homicide Charges Shortly, Grand Jury next week **MERGED THREADS**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read the heading for this thread, I was picturing the look that might have been on Casey's face when she heard, and thinking what she must have been thinking!

"OMG how can they do this! They can't prove she is dead, they haven't found a body!"

A grand jury is convening in Orange County next week and the evidence could be presented to that grand jury although there is no word or confirmation that the state attorney will do so.

I read that. Could these reports be hopeful prognostication?

Yay!! I am so excited! And here I was worrying that Target was going to use Casey as their new spokesperson, modeling her lovely light blue hoodie, perfect for searching for her missing child... This is the best news, except for actually finding Caylee.

ive been lurking here for DAYS reading and reading everything you guys have figured out. im so impressed! im addicted to this case [not so good at searching just reading ] and im just SO happy theres finally hope KC is gonna pay for what she did to little Caylee.

registered today! :)
[/]

They "may" not release all the information to the GJ if they feel they have enough to indict her without it. It will eventually have to be given to the defense, but not early in the case.

I didn't say that they would present all the evidence at GJ ... however, I think that most of us who are familiar with this process would agree that there will be information/evidence presented that has yet to be released ... WE may never see or hear what this evidence is (in its entirety) until trial ... but the defense will file for discovery of all documents presented at GJ, post haste!

Oh no. :doh: I hope we didn't all get excited for nothing.

Read the FIRST one on the thread...........

The State Attorney's Office is planning on presenting its case to a grand jury on Tuesday, according to Local 6 News. The grand jury will then decide if prosecutors have enough evidence to charge Anthony, the report said.

dance-12.gif

Doing The Happy Dance...

Exactly - a GJ looks at the evidence presented and has to decide basically, "is there any possible way a reasonable and fair jury could find this person guilty" - and if they think yes, there's an indictment.

Usually this is just used to weed out really unfair/bias charges - like the only evidence was a black man in a white neighborhood. Clearly not enough for a charge.

But in a GJ there are no evidence rules either - so hearsay is admissible, so all of those things her friends said can be admitted without corroboration... so the jury will hear about her pasta cooking from TL, her dislike of Cindy, etc.

JB definitely knew because I bet CA, GA, and LA are subpoenaed. Tim Miller probably too - they have to give you enough time to get down there, so he was probably being a GREAT citizen and just saying he was coming back rather than he had to come back to testify.

GJ are in secret - you'll never find out who the jurors were, and they'll never release the witness list. Sometimes it goes as far as random times of day or night if its a super sensitive case, b/c some witnesses could be afraid to testify - and since the accused is not locked up yet, theres a huge danger to talking witnesses.

But yeah whoever said a GJ will indict a ham sandwich - cooooorrrect! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

EXACTLY! And while GJ hearings are private - the "defendant" doesn't testify, nor really anyone on his/her behalf, not all are "secret". We used to have "secret" cases - where all the subpoenas, etc were clearly marked "secret" and then in the end, the indictment was marked "secret". That was so LE could get the formal indictment signed and filed, and then send undercover's out to serve the indictment - so the perp wouldn't flee. I always LOVED that!

I read that. Could these reports be hopeful prognostication?

I took it to mean, that the GJ is scheduled to convene next Tuesday. But they are not Convening a special grand jury for this case... They have a shot Tues. if they want it heard cause they will be there anyway...But no one has confirmed or denied that they want to.....Very misleading story

One great thing about this GJ indictment is that Baez can't go and hear what they have to say!! He will still be in the dark except for a few people that MAY be on his side that will tell him what they were asked. I want that guy to stay in the dark as long as possible. I am praying the judge denies all the requests he is making on friday.

Finally some good "breaking news" in this case.

I didn't say that they would present all the evidence at GJ ... however, I think that most of us who are familiar with this process would agree that there will be information/evidence presented that has yet to be released ... WE may never see or hear what this evidence is (in its entirety) until trial ... but the defense will file for discovery of all documents presented at GJ, post haste!

OH yeah..............None of the evidence will be released until trial except what is in the indictment.........We know Baez won't release it when he gets it.

I am hopeful but not confident, they convened a GJ for JBR's parents and all we heard about was how there was no way they wont indict... Yet they didnt... Im not going to get excited until I hear formal charges.

this is what I am afraid of - common sense can call these people guilty all day long but in the presence of doubt - but I tell you what, you cannot compare KC to P&JR at all (the moneys, the connections....) this is quite different.

I think they have enough evidence. I maintain they will never even try for murder 1. I dont think they can prove intent ....but hopefully they know far more than was leaked....

OK HOLD UP!!!!

Someone correct me if I am wrong but if they are going to get her on homicide charges then wouldn't that mean that they might have a body or am I wrong on this?

They don't need the body if forensic evidence is conclusive in determining death. Makes the case more difficult of course because we don't know the method of death.

One great thing about this GJ indictment is that Baez can't go and hear what they have to say!! He will still be in the dark except for a few people that MAY be on his side that will tell him what they were asked. I want that guy to stay in the dark as long as possible. I am praying the judge denies all the requests he is making on friday.

I can see the Anthonys telling him, but all they can tell him is what THEY said. The witnesses are secluded from other witnesses.

They don't need the body if forensic evidence is conclusive in determining death. Makes the case more difficult of course because we don't know the method of death.

OK thanks. I wasn't sure if they had something that would like basically flat out say she did it and thats why they'd be moving forward with it. I totally believe she did it don't get me wrong but I just wondered if they had something more.

I remember when Tony P. was answering questions he said that bond would be revoked if additional charges were filed. You were right in your assessment. I would imagine the prosecution will then ask for "no bond"...but ultimately could it be the judge's decision? Not sure if things work differently in Florida.

I'd imagine that Judge S, who slapped her with a $500K bond for the neglect and fraud charges will have no trouble revoking/refusing any bond ;)

:laugh:

Yay!! I am so excited! And here I was worrying that Target was going to use Casey as their new spokesperson, modeling her lovely light blue hoodie, perfect for searching for her missing child... This is the best news, except for actually finding Caylee.

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad that this FINALLY happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste