WKMG - Homicide Charges Shortly, Grand Jury next week **MERGED THREADS**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to work for a District Attorney here in my city and I worked Grand Jury - the GJ has a wide leeway to hear any and all evidence that the LE/State's attorney wants to present. There is no "defense" objecting to evidence, fighting to get evidence thrown out, etc. The GJ will hear testimony from many, many witnesses that the SA wants to put in front of them to make sure they get a "true bill" which will bind them over to stand trial once formal charges are brought. Also, GJ members have the option of asking to hear testimony or see evidence from anyone they deem necessary to answer any questions THEY may have. Like I say, it is a wide berth to hear MUCHO evidence that LE has.:D:D

There is NO WAY a GJ won't indict KC.;)

Exactly - a GJ looks at the evidence presented and has to decide basically, "is there any possible way a reasonable and fair jury could find this person guilty" - and if they think yes, there's an indictment.

Usually this is just used to weed out really unfair/bias charges - like the only evidence was a black man in a white neighborhood. Clearly not enough for a charge.

But in a GJ there are no evidence rules either - so hearsay is admissible, so all of those things her friends said can be admitted without corroboration... so the jury will hear about her pasta cooking from TL, her dislike of Cindy, etc.

JB definitely knew because I bet CA, GA, and LA are subpoenaed. Tim Miller probably too - they have to give you enough time to get down there, so he was probably being a GREAT citizen and just saying he was coming back rather than he had to come back to testify.

GJ are in secret - you'll never find out who the jurors were, and they'll never release the witness list. Sometimes it goes as far as random times of day or night if its a super sensitive case, b/c some witnesses could be afraid to testify - and since the accused is not locked up yet, theres a huge danger to talking witnesses.

But yeah whoever said a GJ will indict a ham sandwich - cooooorrrect! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Fox is now reporting the same news on their website:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...=11&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

ETA: The first statement is a bit contradictory, however. IMO, it just wasn't very well written. LE wouldn't file charges first before presenting evidence before a Grand Jury, as that is the purpose of the Grand Jury.

snipped:
"The state attorney’s office and the Orange County Sheriffs Office are working together in a possible bid to file murder charges against Casey Anthony, although they have not formally filed any charges yet."

Great news with the GJ convening next week to start hearing the evidence. I think they are going the GJ route because they want a charge of Capitol murder for the dp..If they get that then maybe after the charges are placed, I doubt they will set bail, she 'll be incarcerated. Her only chance at getting of DP is either through a jury trial or if she pleads out..

Do you mean the NYT article I posted in the media thread, or the actual report on this case?

I mean anything that's been officially released bearing BF insignia - something from them firsthand?

I don't know that I agree with that ... the GJ's job is not to convict ... it is to decide if there is enough evidence to indict. They will be privy to evidence that we have not seen ... once the GJ indicts ... JB will be able to file another motion to compel for discovery (although I am sure it wouldn't take a motion to compel ... at that point the State better be ready to turn it over) to get all the juicy bits that the GJ got but haven't been released yet.

They "may" not release all the information to the GJ if they feel they have enough to indict her without it. It will eventually have to be given to the defense, but not early in the case.

If TM is coming back to testify wouldn't that mean that he have had to have found something incriminating? I mean, they wouldn't bother to have him testify that he just searched, would they?

Tm is coming back to search with TES; did you read somewhere he would be testifying?
TIA

I don't know that I agree with that ... the GJ's job is not to convict ... it is to decide if there is enough evidence to indict. They will be privy to evidence that we have not seen ... once the GJ indicts ... JB will be able to file another motion to compel for discovery (although I am sure it wouldn't take a motion to compel ... at that point the State better be ready to turn it over) to get all the juicy bits that the GJ got but haven't been released yet.
One hooah wife I edited my post to read indictment and not conviction sorry, wrong word.

If TM is coming back to testify wouldn't that mean that he have had to have found something incriminating? I mean, they wouldn't bother to have him testify that he just searched, would they?

Well he has lots to testify about without finding the body.. if they want him to do so anyway..
the way he was treated by the A's ..Kc and the rest of them not providing clothing or things with Caylees scent to help with the search...CA accusing a man who should be Sainted, with using the case as a publicity stunt and more...:banghead:

The news is bittersweet for me, I guess i knew it was coming, but still......poor little Caylee. I have no doubt that the GJ will indict.

Yes, this is good news on the front that KC may go down for what we all believed happened,
But so sad that any hope we may have had (albeit small) is further diminished that a sweet baby girl is alive. May God bless her little soul.

I hope that TES finds her and the family is able to lay her to rest.

May God also watch over the family and friends that TRULY loved that little girl, and give them comfort in this time of grieving.

It's just so sad - the whole deal... :(

Bout time!!!! LOL I know they had to get things squared away and they have have done a great job of it IMO, many thanks to those who have worked hard to get Justice for Caylee!! I am praying !!!

Poppy

The search donations to the A's mysterious trust fund should be drying up as the new sinks in. Hopefully people will now give their monetary help to TES.

A grand jury is convening in Orange County next week and the evidence could be presented to that grand jury although there is no word or confirmation that the state attorney will do so.

Oh no. :doh: I hope we didn't all get excited for nothing.

Is there anything else they can charge her with and hopefully just hold her from Friday on to the GJ indictment?

In response to the question asked by someone earlier in the thread:

Although there is right to a reasonable bond in most cases, there are certain offenses where a person can be denied bond to the severity of the offense. These types of crimes are often referred to as "non-bondable offenses" and include crimes such as murder, armed drug trafficking, and burglary with a battery.

http://www.miami-criminal-lawyer.net/html/bail-bonds-bondsman.html
I remember when Tony P. was answering questions he said that bond would be revoked if additional charges were filed. You were right in your assessment. I would imagine the prosecution will then ask for "no bond"...but ultimately could it be the judge's decision? Not sure if things work differently in Florida.

Blink, are you saying you don't think the GJ will indict in this case? I hope that isn't what you are saying! Or if 'what sees the inside of a courtroom?'

Lol, I started somethin' with you today and it's sticking, didn't I?:D

IMO, if this sees the inside of a courtrom, and I dont believe it will, we will see lines forming to the right of experts in this case :(

OK HOLD UP!!!!

Someone correct me if I am wrong but if they are going to get her on homicide charges then wouldn't that mean that they might something big evidence wise that basically proves she did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste