woman claims Karr confessed to her 5 years ago

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
jc9876 said:
Maybe there was pineapple at the open house/he found out she really liked it. That was the signifigance of the pineapple, he ate it with her before and so he fed it to her again when he came in that night. Does that make sense?
According to someone....Greta, Catherine Crier, Dan Abrams.....I can't remember.....the Ramseys weren't home for the open house. IIRC, they stayed in a motel for 2-3 days while that was going on.

Well, I couldn't see the video just heard it.

What she said anyone who has read here for a day or two, would know.

Why didn't she tell anyone if she knew this stuff five years ago?

narlacat said:

she did

Amster said:
According to someone....Greta, Catherine Crier, Dan Abrams.....I can't remember.....the Ramseys weren't home for the open house. IIRC, they stayed in a motel for 2-3 days while that was going on.
Oh well, so much for that theory, full speed ahead to the next one.

tybee204 said:
If the FBI recorded her conversations with Karr they probably determined then that his story was false. If Nate Karr was a long time Ramsey employee I am certain that would have come out. I am also certain LE and the FBI know every person that was at the Ramsey Christmas party and I dont believe for a minute the Karr's were there. They both would have been under the umbrella of suspicion from day one.

:clap: Yup..

Linda7NJ said:
Oh ok, I missed a bit.....had to leave the room for two secs, must have missed where she said she reported it to? BPD?

"Five years ago, the BPD still led the investigation, and all roads led to the Ramseys."

Make no mistake, it still does. I was reading this over at MSNBC. It's Joe Scarborough's column, "Regular Joe."

So many things don't add up in the JonBenet Ramsey case even after that creepy reptile of a suspect was allowed to slither out of his Bangkok prison cell. Last night I spoke to Patsy Ramsey's sister on Scarborough Country. She was obviously relieved that the world finally had a reason to divert their suspicions from her dead sister to a serial child molester. But investigators I am talking to on and off camera tell me that their focus remains on JonBenet's mother. Why? Because they think John Mark Karr's confession may be an attempt to get out of a life sentence in Bangkok. Better to spend your remaining years in US federal facility than a Thailand hell hole. Investigators say even taking the rap for a brutal murder will be a better deal if it gets him back on American soil. Besides, they say his performance in the press conference was pathetic. One told me, "He looked like he was lying through his teeth." Others still don't buy Patsy Ramsey's story. Remember after the murder how watching the slain girl's mom made you feel uneasy in all those interviews? Her story didn't seem to add up then and it doesn't add up now. The biggest question centers around how an outsider like Karr could have carried this off without the help of a family member. Does anyone really believe this guy would travel from Georgia, break into the house, pull the little girl out of her room undetected, take her down into the basement, tie her up in an elaborately evil fashion, practice writing a long ransom note, rewrite that long ransom note (that demanded the exact amount of John Ramsey's bonus), rape the little girl and then slip out undetected? Anything is possible, but those chain of events coupled with the Ramseys' bizarre behavior after the murder still leaves me wondering whether this school teacher could have committed such a crime on his own. Last night I once again gave Patsy Ramsey the benefit of the doubt. I concluded that since I had never been through such an unspeakable tragedy, I was in no position to judge her conduct.
But Mark Klass, who lost his little daughter under similar circumstances, quickly interrupted me. Mark, like so many others talking about the Jon Benet case, said the Ramsey's behavior simply was not consistent with that of a parent who had lost their child. I suspect we will learn more about Patsy Ramsey and this murder once Karr starts talking to police. But whether what we learn absolves or implicates her is anyone's guess.

Sure would be nice to know who those investigators, are.

Pat Browne was just on TV. She said that if this turns out not to be the guy, then she's back to "The Ramseys Did It." Maybe not as strong as before, but...

Amster said:
well....she was a few dentures short of a mouthful. And what she was saying that he said doesn't match the facts....like Karr and his bro were at the Ramsey home Christmas Day for a party before the Ramseys left to go to the Whites.....I think. OH! And Karr sat on the steps with JB and ate pineapple and showed her magic tricks.:rolleyes:
Wasn't it the gardener who said he used to show JonBenet magic or card tricks? Seems like it was in one of the books. Perfect Murder, Perfect Town?

"Few dentures short of a mouthful" - OMG, you could have at least given a warning!

blonde1 said:
agreed - could those of you who saw it, recap the gist of it and tell of what you think of the woman?
i have to say, it's pretty disgusting if she has been fantasizing about the murder too, then lying for attention --

I think she was telling the truth about what he told her.

narlacat said:

She said that she told LE and the FBI contacted her and she recorded the conversation for them. LE would not comment.

Buzzm1 said:
Thousands?? days before Christmas?? and Jon Benet still had the pineapple in her system??

Yes, they had a high turnout. They had their house decorated to the hilt for Xmas. Word got out that it was a showpiece, which heightened attendance.

Regarding the pineapple found in Jon Benet's stomach, that has always been an open issue. The White's did not serve pineapple at their party. However, it was available to JonBenet on return from the White's party, yet the Ramseys say she did not eat it at that time. Obviously, that was not a self-serving statement, for it opened the Ramseys up to more coverup claims.

SuperDave said:
"Five years ago, the BPD still led the investigation, and all roads led to the Ramseys."

Make no mistake, it still does. I was reading this over at MSNBC. It's Joe Scarborough's column, "Regular Joe."

Sure would be nice to know who those investigators, are.

Pat Browne was just on TV. She said that if this turns out not to be the guy, then she's back to "The Ramseys Did It." Maybe not as strong as before, but...
SD, I watched the ABC re-broadcast of Barbara Walters interview with Patsy and John. Never once does Patsy refer to JonBenet by her name or even say "my daughter". It was "I loved that child" as if she was distancing herself from the victim and Patsy's eyes kept slanting downward, which is a tell-tale sign of lying!

"SD, I watched the ABC re-broadcast of Barbara Walters interview with Patsy and John. Never once does Patsy refer to JonBenet by her name or even say "my daughter". It was "I loved that child" as if she was distancing herself from the victim and Patsy's eyes kept slanting downward, which is a tell-tale sign of lying!"

They did the same on the LKL face-off with Thomas! Even compared her to a dog!

Amster said:
OH! And Karr sat on the steps with JB and ate pineapple and showed her magic tricks.:rolleyes:

I can't watch the video either, but something stood out to me in this. We have been told very very little details about Christmas Day at the Ramseys, except that they opened gifts, ate breakfast, JR left to go to the hangar, kids played. We have often wondered aloud here why we've never read any details of what went on that Day before the White's party that evening. Now I'm wondering if there are instances that LE has kept quiet about that might possibly now tie in to Karr? We know that Schiller said that he only wrote a miniscule amount of what he actually knew in order to honor LE's wishes. Interesting that Karr would have told someone that he sat outside with JB on Christmas Day before they went to the White's.

Also, Mr. Barnhill across the street, at first stated that he saw JAR walking up to the door on Christmas Day. After talking with LE, he said that he was mistaken. From pics posted of JAR, he and Karr appear to both have been slender, brown hair. The houses are very close together, and we have often said here that if Mr. Barnhill thought he saw JAR, then he either saw JAR or someone of his size/stature.

Hmm...

I know there have been many threads regarding the Barnhill i saw thing....But were the Ramsay's home when this guy was seen by Barnhill? If Karr is the killer he may have got in at some stage and hidden under a bed.I think if Karr is the 'one' then he found poor Jon Benet through pageants. He then found out where she lived and there we have it. But this would all be relying on him being in Boulder. I do not think he or his brother were at any parties together, this is all elaboration on Karr's part.Part of his sick twisted fantasy. He probably did confess while drunk but why did she (the woman) not scream all of this off the rooftops before now?

To me, this woman's story (which I don't think is fabricated) further undermines his confession.

I don't think that the woman fabricated the story of what she had been told; the account seems too detailed and limited to be a publicity-seeker's account.

On the other hand, I don't think that the events she was told happened. To me, it seems like an early fantasy version of Karr's story. I think that the police probably checked out the party story; found it wasn't true and dropped it.

Wudge said:
Yes, they had a high turnout. They had their house decorated to the hilt for Xmas. Word got out that it was a showpiece, which heightened attendance.

Regarding the pineapple found in Jon Benet's stomach, that has always been an open issue. The White's did not serve pineapple at their party. However, it was available to JonBenet on return from the White's party, yet the Ramseys say she did not eat it at that time. Obviously, that was not a self-serving statement, for it opened the Ramseys up to more coverup claims.
Just where do you get your information Wudge?
Their house was not 'open' just before Christmas, though they did have a Christmas party on the 23rd.

The Ramseys say they never saw the bowl of pineapple before that morning, that it wasn't there the night before, so how do you figure it was available to her but she din't eat it?

narlacat said:
Just where do you get your information Wudge?
Their house was not 'open' just before Christmas, though they did have a Christmas party on the 23rd.

The Ramseys say they never saw the bowl of pineapple before that morning, that it wasn't there the night before, so how do you figure it was available to her but she din't eat it?
Just call it pineapple upside down cake. The view from "down under".

Floh said:
And i'm a MAC user with a Safari browser too! no matter how many times i have tried to download the anti-christ's windows media player, it just won't and therfore i'm unable to watch this interview, unfortunately. :banghead:

Mac users try loading Firefox and you should be able to watch the video. Hope this helps! :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back