Woman Gives Birth To Octuplets II

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
PattyCake, when I think of a new hobby, I'll let you know. I have no idea why I'm interested in "Octo". Never been drawn in by the "supersized families", I think she's drawn me in with her behavior? :hypno: Instead of hypnotized, have I been octotized?

Sounds good, let me know Octobud. :crazy:

I think the story caught my 'ear' because of the way she went about this decision. Jobless, was homeless IMO, no money, had no room in parents house for 14 kids, wasn't even prepared with any items by the time she had the babies (WHICH tells me she was absolutely expecting freebie handouts), nothing was planned.

I think she's delusional & a sociopath & planned this from the beginning. She also seems to think that having this many children will repair the pains from her own childhood. All in all, I've never heard a word out of Nadya's mouth that shows she had these kids for the right reasons. She saw big bucks and wanted to become Angelina. So where's her Brad Pitt? lol

I'd be willing to say that she may be so delusional she may have expected THEE Brad Pitt to come rescue her. Seriously. The hideous plastic surgery she had to make her face like Angelina, the 911 NOT missing son the day after Changeling was released sounds like Angelina in the movie, now up the ante and implant all 6 babies right after Angelina herself announced she was preggers with twins??? If years ago, her stripper name really was Angelina?? OMG, this lady is very very ill imo.

Maybe I'm way off but so far, this woman should not be raising these kids. I fear for their very lives to be honest. Whacknut.

That's my Octonut rant for the day.

One good thing came out of this preoctopation with octo- we've gotten to be octo-buds! :clap:

ITA with everything you say PC.

Has there been any news on the "reality show" or other stuff that anyone's heard? I was suprised at how many videos of her on "that website" missmybaby forced me to visit. Just kidding, missmybaby, trying to blame my nosiness on someone! :crazy:

I do hope Nadya recovers fine from her surgical procedure. I wonder if Grandma will be helping with the children in Nadya's absence? I can't imagine leaving the children with nannys/sitters- I'd want family there.

I'd be very happy to join you in a new hobby Bozymum. If we could never ever utter the Octomom word (did she trademark that word yet ? :crazy)... I'd be happy to never hear from her again.

I am so worried for those kids. I don't for one second believe those kids are out of harms way. I cannot imagine she has wised up at all nor put anything in place for the safety and well being of those kids. If she could prove herself to make 1 intelligent decision when it comes to her children, I'd be willing to give her a break.

My bold above.

For a minute I read that as "did she trademark the word 'crazy'" and I thought "well, if anyone could it would be her" but then I re-read it and got it straight.

I like my first impression better, though.

Since when do doctors take out half a uterus and not the whole thing?

Wouldn't she still have her monthly visitor? I thought the point of having a hysterectomy was to get freedom from that. At least for me anyway. But wouldn't she still be prone to fibroids if she had any part of her uterus left?

If they are just doing a myomectomy (remove the fibroids only), she would have some uterus left. This is done for women who may still want to have children :eek: They can also remove the uterus and leave the cervix since it does some things that you miss when it's gone. In Nadya's case, they need to just take the whole uterus. Please! Put her out of the baby business or I tell you, there will be more. I can just feel it.

Wouldn't she still have her monthly visitor? I thought the point of having a hysterectomy was to get freedom from that. At least for me anyway. But wouldn't she still be prone to fibroids if she had any part of her uterus left?

Yes, you are right. At her youngish age they would probably grow back. Something like 70% of women have them and are asymptomatic, though. When they hit menopause, they should begin to shrink.

She must be having symptoms (heavy bleeding, infertility :crazy:) but why now? I find this whole scenario suspicious.

I think she's having a tummy tuck paid for by the wonderful taxpayers of California or by the wonderful and gullible public who donated on behalf of the babies.

I have another name for her but I don't want to sit in the naughty chair for 10 days!!:)

OT.

Azwriter - are you going to do a blog? I'm sure I am one of many who would love to read yours.

OT.

Azwriter - are you going to do a blog? I'm sure I am one of many who would love to read yours.

SallyLu,
I'm humbled by your comment. And that's hard to do with the size of my writing ego.
I have toyed with the idea of a Blog. As of now, I haven't really thought of an originial, snappy, bright idea for a Blog. When I do, you'll be the first to know about it.
Thanks for the comment.
azwriter

Yes, you are right. At her youngish age they would probably grow back. Something like 70% of women have them and are asymptomatic, though. When they hit menopause, they should begin to shrink.

She must be having symptoms (heavy bleeding, infertility :crazy:) but why now? I find this whole scenario suspicious.

I think it's odd too.

I'm not sure if it was possible, due to the circumstances of her giving birth to 8 babies, but couldn't the fibroids been removed during the C-section? (She did have a C, right?) As I said, I don't know if it's possible under the circumstance, but my doc tied my tubes when they had me "open". Why bother cutting twice if it can be avoided?

Sorry my octo friends I hit that multi-quote button a few more times than I realized. I am sitting here :biglaugh: :biglaugh: from your posts! My poor doggy is running half circles around me and yapping, trying to figure out what's wrong!! Octo has us whipped into high form with her latest octo-noise.

What the heck? Half a uterus? I'm not a doctor and don't play one on tv but why would any surgeon remove half a uterus. Does that mean she can now have only half as many babies?
Am I wrong? Has anyone here ever heard of this type of procedure?
Hey, I would donate to a surgery to have her entire uterus removed and her mouth wired shut. Should we start a fund?
jmo

OMG, OMG this was exactly my first thought!! That uterus held 8 babies, surely she could squeeze 4 or 5 in half a one!! AZW I would be happy to toss more than my :twocents: worth if they spay her completely. I'll bet her doc would toss in the jaw wire!!!

She didn't leave her mother behind with the kids from what we know. We're all waiting on the reality show... if it happens? :blowkiss:

This is what I was asking a couple pages back (with the link) I thought I heard her say mom isn't allowed around her kids anymore (baby bath vid?) but I wasn't sure. (my hearing isn't great) No one else heard it, so I guess I heard wrong?

Boyz_Mum said:
I've heard of people having fibroids removed, never heard of half a uterus being left (I think they can leave half an ovary in the case of cysts? In some cases I think they leave an ovary even with a hysterectomy for the sake of hormones?)

Anyway... here's a link about fibroids. http://www.mirs.org/fibroids.htm

"Myomectomy is an alternative surgical procedure for the treatment of fibroids. The object of myomectomy is to remove only the fibroid while leaving the uterus intact and preserving reproductive potential."

I couldn't find anything about leaving a person with half a uterus, but I didn't read the whole page.

I don't get Nadya's quote in this article. It says the doctors found benign fibroid tumors, but Nadya says, “They’re worried there could be, like, pre-cancerous cells,” Suleman said. “I’m terrified.” http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519482,00.html

Doesn't benign mean non cancerous? The article says Suleman will be in the hospital for a week, doesn't that sound like a hysterectomy stay?

Really good link there Boyz_Mum I guess leaving the cervix is kinda like taking half of the uterus, if you're speaking really generally... like when someone talks about pregnancy as a baby growing in their stomach (one of my pet peeves; tummy yes, stomach no!! LOL)

AZ is right the cervix and the uterus are connected (like fingers on a hand?). The cervix is the lower portion of the uterus. For 9 months the cervix is responsible for keeping the baby inside, in labor, the cervix gets soft and moves out of the way. The uterus gets hard and expels the baby. Working together, but very different jobs.

OK, I looked this up on ASK.com for clarity:

A partial, or subtotal, hysterectomy removes only the upper two-thirds of the uterus. The ovaries, fallopian tubes and cervix are not removed.

Radical hysterectomy refers to the removal of the uterus, cervix, ovaries, fallopian tubes, part of the vagina and part of the pelvic lymph nodes.

Unless someone has really heavy flow, (we're talking monthly hemorrhage) most docs won't take out a healthy organ for anything less and insurance would never cover for this, but lack of insurance didn't stop her before!! (I know there are always exceptions)

I don't believe fibroids generally attach in the cervix as it isn't vascular enough, they prefer the meaty muscular end of the uterus, it has much better blood flow. So yes, if they were doing the surgery the way she described it, the fibroids would come back. If they are doing it the way I think they are, just her cervix is left, I don't believe they will come back..

When docs do a delivery they don't like to remove fibroids because they tend to bleed like crazy. Generally fibroids will shrink post partum, because it is the hormones from the pregnancy that make them grow like crazy. You would think with an octo pregnancy the fibroids would have been that much worse because her hormones would have been off the charts with 6 or 8 placentas (depending on whether the 2 sets of identical twins had their own or not). It makes sense to me if she had benign fibroids that bad, the docs would have taken her uterus during the c/sec. She must have known there was a huge chance of this when she had the octo babies, with 6 pregnancies in 7 years and 16+ lbs of baby in there. She would have had a very floppy uterus (boggy is the actual word). If they didn't take it kudos to the docs, it would have taken a tremendous amount of work/drugs/skill/luck to firm that up so she didn't bleed out.

So anyway I agree with you, it is very suspicious.

Tummy tuck is high on my list (again 6 times in 7 yrs + 16 lbs of baby = one ugly belly!) She has lost a tremendous amount of weight very quickly.

Other repairs "down there" would be #2 on my list of possibilities. There are all kinds of indignities that we are susceptible to following pregnancy and c/sec delivery that would require a surgical repair. 3 mos sounds just about right as far as docs waiting to see how much repair we get from mother nature before they go back in and make things right too.

PattyCake, when I think of a new hobby, I'll let you know. I have no idea why I'm interested in "Octo". Never been drawn in by the "supersized families", I think she's drawn me in with her behavior? :hypno: Instead of hypnotized, have I been octotized?

It's like turning away from a train wreck!

With it being Mothers Day, I wonder if NS is spending the day with her children just being a mother.

VB

With it being Mothers Day, I wonder if NS is spending the day with her children just being a mother.

VB

Good question!

Do you think there will be a new video online about it? Or is she in the hospital this weekend? I can't remember if she's supposed to have her "surgery" done.

missmybaby, I just wanted to tell you that I wish you were a nurse in my doctors office or could go to the doctor with me... you explained the "half a uterus" very well!

Please tell me you're just smart and haven't learned to cypher "Octospeak"... :crazy:

OH NO!! Are you ready ready to be shocked? :eek:

How to Have a Baby After a Partial Hysterectomy(!!!!!!!!!!) :doh:

Step
1 Use in-vitro fertilization (IVF). You will be prescribed drugs that increase the number of eggs available for fertilization. The eggs are then harvested, fertilized in a laboratory and placed back into your body. If you have had a partial hysterectomy, IVF can help you have a baby by increasing the number of eggs you produce and bypassing diseased tissue.

Step
Use an inter-uterine insertion (IUI). After you are given fertility drugs, your partner's sperm is inserted in your uterus via a catheter. An IUI can help bypass missing or diseased tissue.

Step
Use a surrogate to bear your child for you. If your ovaries are still functioning, your eggs can be harvested and implanted in a surrogate.

Step
Use a cerclage, a medically-inserted stitch designed to prevent early labor. A cerclage can help overcome uterine problems caused by a partial hysterectomy.

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=partial+hy...how_2056222_prepare-partial-hysterectomy.html

missmybaby, I just wanted to tell you that I wish you were a nurse in my doctors office or could go to the doctor with me... you explained the "half a uterus" very well!

Please tell me you're just smart and haven't learned to cypher "Octospeak"... :crazy:

Thank you Boyz_Mum, no "octo-spoken" here! I guess that means I'm just smart!! LOL!! Just kidding!! I was in training to be an nurse a couple decades ago, I had planned on becoming a midwife.

If you're ever in the neighborhood and want a doctors appt buddy, wave me down!

Good question!

Do you think there will be a new video online about it? Or is she in the hospital this weekend? I can't remember if she's supposed to have her "surgery" done.

What if she isn't in the hospital at all but wanted a week at the spa for Mothers Day!!

BTW, Happy Mother's Day to all my octo friends, the true "mothers" here who live in the trenches and would never leave their kids to be raised by nanny's while they try to live the life of a celebrity. :blowkiss: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: and a :grouphug:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back