Woman Gives Birth To Octuplets In California

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not quite sure what you are talking about with others feeding their own infant? I've never ever seen a mom hold a baby like she does - at arms length. It's natural and far more comfortable to hold the child close and thats what babies need is physcial contact and the comfort of a full body hold to feel safe. How tight it was in the womb. (sorry, realized you were commenting that how she held the babies were not normal)

Any rate, I had to stop watching because it was beyond disgusting the 'TEXT BOOK' STYLE PSYCHO BABBLE Nadya was spewing on Dr. Phil. Nothing is real about this woman and I hope to God that CPS is removing the children like it sounds it was recommended.

PS: Nadya hired a lawyer about as Narcissistic as herself BLAMING GLORIA for all the BAD MEDIA ON HIS CLIENT. :waitasec: I thought Gloria came into the game LONG after this woman gave birth. He's a jerk!

Yikes, that is what I did. I was starting to get a headache. And, yes, that is what I meant, she holds the baby at arms length. Very weird. I have never seen anyone do that.

And I think you are correct about Gloria coming in long after the birth. Her lawyer is annoying to watch. I suppose that helps him get along with his client.

Thank you for the recap ladies. I think I will record it and fastforward through the commercials. Will also probably not be able to watch the entire thing. I'm just banking on Gloria, CPS, and the Kaiser nurses/trainers to do their jobs and do them well so this situation can resolve itself sooner rather than later.

Sleuthers-- I got a little out of control in some of my comments re: Dr. Phil and I sincerely apologize if I offended anyone.

My 12-1/2 year old stepdaughter's mother seems to have Borderline Personality Disorder with Narcissistic and Histrionic tendencies. She can be "over the top" lovey dovey to her daughter at one moment, verbally and emotionally abusive the next. During a peroid of time when her mother was in her "Witch" personality (as I refer to it), my stepdaughter talked to her counselor at school. She was told there was nothing they could do to help her unless her mother is physically abusive.

With mothers such as my stepdaughter's (and, I suspect, such as Octomom), there is really not much CPS can do unless a child is physically abused or gets hurt to the extent that the household is deemed to be an unsafe environment. Even then, they will go out of their way to keep the children with the mother.

Recently in Manitoba, Canada, where I live, there have been a number of young children who have died at the hands of parents and relatives after they have been taken out of healthy foster care environments and returned to family menber's care. This seems to happen more with Aboriginal children because Child and Family Services is required to try to keep the children with extended Aboriginal families rather than with non-Aboriginal foster families. Some of these children have been virtually tortured to death by their mothers and stepfathers or boyfriends. I imagine it is hard balancing the rights of the parents with the rights and needs of the child. It was finally written into the Law that the safety of the child must be of primary importance. I hope that in the future tragedies such as I described will one day just be history.

TB in the house (tuberculosis), everyone exposed! Just great.

Like I've been saying all along, Nadya just keeps digging her own grave in this matter. I suppose that is a bad analogy to use in this instance.

I have never watched Dr Phil before but just turned it on. Don't have an opinion yet, haven't heard Octomonster yet.

On the subject of feeding - have you noticed in any clips that she holds the baby at arms length and feeds instead of holding child against her, which is how I have always done it/seen others do it.

Thank you! I thought that was strange, too! Maybe cuddling the child up against her would wrinkle her clothes in front of the camera. Most mothers coo and smile at the baby while feeding them, not talk to the camera. It looks like she doesn't really try to 'engage' the child at all - even her older children.

I also think the way she picks the babies up looks funny/awkward.

Sadly, her children are a commodity to her. They are the means to the attention she craves.

If the government is going to have to ensure that the children are well-cared for fine, but I don't want to see her shopping and spending money while our tax dollars are supporting her.

If the government is going to have to ensure that the children are well-cared for fine, but I don't want to see her shopping and spending money while our tax dollars are supporting her.

Nadya said at the beginning of the program that she's trying to get the kids off of MediCal. She only used Dr. Phil and AIW until the deal with radaronline was secure and the cash started flowing. She seems convinced that radaronline will always be there and that she'll be able to permanently stay off of MediCal. Delusional.

I love that Linda woman! She's tellin' it like it is.

I should read them for some comic relief.

Dr. Phil is clearly fed up, at the end of the hour he keeps having to go to break (contractually driven, not his fault). He wants to move on, and everyone to move on. I can't blame him for that. He said everyone needs to let these people do their jobs as best they can.

That Octomom attorney is a tool. I believe Linda West-Conforti and Gloria Allred 100% more than his feeble excuses, and his constant interrupting of their take on the situation. And their take on the situation is absolutely frightening, not to mention appalling.

Yikes, that is what I did. I was starting to get a headache. And, yes, that is what I meant, she holds the baby at arms length. Very weird. I have never seen anyone do that.

And I think you are correct about Gloria coming in long after the birth. Her lawyer is annoying to watch. I suppose that helps him get along with his client.

Re: How she holds the babies to feed - I'm willing to bet she was asked by those filming her to hold them in a way that their faces can be seen while feeding. I could be wrong but when I saw how unnatural her feeding them looked it was the first thought that popped into my head. She's performing.

Gloria Allred and the head of AIW revealed that over a 5 day period Nadya came into the nursery only 8 times to feed a baby and at least one time there was a period of 12 hours when she did not even stick her head in the nursery to see how things were going!! Nadya's lawyer tried to stop GA and AIW from disclosing this information. One of Nadya's nannies showed up for training "coughing up a lung" and a couple of others had showed signs of being positive for TB and had not received results from their xrays, but showed up for training anyway!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

On JVM they said she bought herself a jacuzzi and $1500 of clothes in the last few days? Tell me that I did not hear that correctly, please! And she couldn't find time to get blankets for the babies?????

Not that a Spanish only speaker can't take good care of a baby (probably better than Octomom), but these nannies are here and haven't even had the TB tests that even nurse's aides and nursery workers are probably required to get before going to work. If they can't speak English how is Nadya going to communicate, and if she doesn't even check on the babies very much they won't be able to speak English either or even be bonded to her. They'll bond with their nanny who may eventually move on. How sad and crazy for the babies.

has there been any comment on when or IF the other babies will be coming home??thx,I didn't get to watch today.

Not that a Spanish only speaker can't take good care of a baby (probably better than Octomom), but these nannies are here and haven't even had the TB tests that even nurse's aides and nursery workers are probably required to get before going to work. If they can't speak English how is Nadya going to communicate, and if she doesn't even check on the babies very much they won't be able to speak English either or even be bonded to her. They'll bond with their nanny who may eventually move on. How sad and crazy for the babies.
maybe she wants it that way.if she can't communicate with them,then she she may think she has built-in excuses in case something goes wrong,or for not being around enough.who knows what a narci mind can come up with..I don't know.

Is the grandmother still helping with the children? Or has Nadya run her off? Does anyone know for sure? How about Nadys's father? Is he in the picture? There can't be too many eyes watching out for all these children in my opinion.

has there been any comment on when or IF the other babies will be coming home?? thx, I didn't get to watch today.

There was no comment about that, that I remember. It was really focused on what went on in the house after the first set went "home."

Generally speaking people who cannot speak the language are more submissive and able to be manipulated. And yes, it is entirely possible that she sees the language barrier as an excuse. I think it's more likely she wanted submissive manipulatable nannies.

The problem is that Nadya sounded very "together" in the telephone interview. Very rational and a bit plausible. However, it was all spin that supported her POV and her actions.

The attorney got mad and said that "negativity" was brought into the house, and he brushed off the very real and very credible concerns of Linda West-Conforti the AIW representative.

from wikipedia:

Although mother Nadya Suleman states there are two sets of identical (monozygotic) twins among the octuplets due to division of two of the claimed six implanted embryos,[5] she has not identified which of the octuplets are sets of identical twins.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
any thoughts on that? I can't believe it's due to safety issues...she doesn't seem to care about those.(as in,the identicals might be more at risk for being taken).
maybe she's saving it for a special episode or article? or maybe she just doesn't care,because the babies don't seem to interest her anyway?
JW..any thoughts? the girls appear to be identical,but I haven't seen her mention even once how she plans to tell them apart.they were dressed differently,that's all I did notice,I didn't notice any bracelets or anything on them,unless I missed that.

Thank you all for the update~ I missed Dr. Phil today. I was kind of sad, but like another poster, it probably saved our television from a painful death. (LOL!)

Penelope, don't worry too much about speaking your mind about Octomom and company. I've been pretty harsh on the whole bunch and Dr. Phil grates on my last nerve. :blowkiss:

I'm going to try to be positive, even though Nadya's lawyer tried to sugar coat everything Nadya does, I think that GA will stick with keeping an eye on the situation to her best ability. Neighbors will most likely to report to GA and CPS, and the nannies too (even though they don't speak English, they can make reports.) I just don't see all this going "smoothly" with Nadya laughing all the way to the bank.

I was very disturbed to read about the TB- Nadya is not even concerned in the least little bit what she's exposing her children to. She's damaged. The paydays will get smaller, the interest will wane and Nadya will be left wondering "WTH happened"... JMO!

I'm watching Inside Edition, Nadya used to be a stripper. There seems to be no end to this story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member