Woman Gives Birth To Octuplets In California

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I was a little critical of the Duggars, but after watching a few times I really admire the family. They seem like such happy nice people that their show makes me feel inspired and good when I watch. A show about Nadya with kids running wild and her mother screaming and cursing on the other side of a glass door wouldn't do that. It would be just too upsetting seeing all those kids and little babies living that way. For Nadya to keep going through all this with her mother who obviously wants out is just nuts, but I suppose she has no one else. There's certainly no husband or daddy for all those kids.

I believe you are mistaken. Everything I've ever read or seen describes Nadya as having a 4 yr. college degree in psychology, and having started her master's program until pregnancy concerns forced her to quit. This info was also given on Dr. Phil last week. In fact, Nadya spoke of the requirement of going to counseling which is something all master degree students are required to do. A person can't be a counselor without having first received X amt. of hours of counseling.

The information I saw was that she obtained a 2-yr degree from Mount San Antonio Community College as a certified mental health technician. I just looked it up, and found on The Huffington Post that she has a degree from Cal State Fullerton in child development and has already taken some graduate courses in counseling.

The information I saw was that she obtained a 2-yr degree from Mount San Antonio Community College as a certified mental health technician. I just looked it up, and found on The Huffington Post that she has a degree from Cal State Fullerton in child development and has already taken some graduate courses in counseling.

hehe... I'd sooner get mental health counseling from Mayor McCheese.

I don't watch these shows, never have. If it was a documentary, I'd enjoy it. Not unlike the occasional documentary on the girls that are conjoined for life, Abby & Brittney I think. They're a hoot how normal life is for them.

respectfully snipped and bolded by me...

OT--I just adore Abby and Brittney (and their folks). They are so down to earth and likeable. A and B are amazing young women who have chosen to manage their complicated situation with grace, humor and wisdom. Their occasional documentaries are never exploitative, and its obvious that their parents (who have always treated them as fraternal twin sisters---not as "one person) are totally grounded in the real world. They worry about their two daughters dating, their grades, finding money for college, curfews, rules, cell phone bills, getting their drivers' licenses, etc etc!! Just an all around cool family, imo! Sorry for the OT!

I would much rather the big family reality show phenomenon was limited to documentaries. There used to be a show called Kids by the Dozen that showed large families but didn't follow the same family on a week-by-week basis. I do watch the Duggar and the J&K+8 shows, and I do enjoy them (not so much J&K+8 anymore), but there are definite downsides. For instance, there are "Free Jinger" sites online, and Mady Gosselin was voted one of the 10 most useless characters on TV on some website. To me, this is allowing your children to be somewhat ridiculed, and it seems cruel. It's a sellout for money.

One thing about the large family shows -- it's fun to watch how a big family works, how they get along and how they do everyday things, like shopping and laundry. Nadya's story wouldn't work because she's too crazy for anybody to buy into her doing "normal" things. She thinks normal is spending thousands of dollars on makeup.

I don't watch these shows, never have. If it was a documentary, I'd enjoy it. Not unlike the occasional documentary on the girls that are conjoined for life, Abby & Brittney I think. They're a hoot how normal life is for them.

respectfully snipped and bolded by me...

OT--I just adore Abby and Brittney (and their folks). They are so down to earth and likeable. A and B are amazing young women who have chosen to manage their complicated situation with grace, humor and wisdom. Their occasional documentaries are never exploitative, and its obvious that their parents (who have always treated them as fraternal twin sisters---not as "one person) are totally grounded in the real world. They worry about their two daughters dating, their grades, finding money for college, curfews, rules, cell phone bills, getting their drivers' licenses, etc etc!! Just an all around cool family, imo! Sorry for the OT!

totally o/t...sorry, but found this interesting on the girls..amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkKWApOAG2g

But an ongoing show just because you gave birth to a bunch at once doesn't interest me... I wish the whole world felt that way because then OctoNutty would not be able to pimp off her kids to the highest bidder.

I've watched a few of those documentary shows myself. There was one about a fellow with a skin disorder (I can't think of his name), and it was heartbreaking but he chose to have his "story" told. I've also seen a show about conjoined twins, and their perserverence was inspiring.

I feel as you do about the multiples or super sized families. I'm not that interested and I think Octomom's nuttiness is what drew me to her story. I would be thrilled to see this family fare well, but it's not a show I'd tune into.

I think I'm actually going to break down and watch Dr Phil today. I saw some of it on Today and it was mentioned that Octowhatever couldn't be trained when she was upstairs reading 200 letters.........:confused::eek:

I believe you are mistaken. Everything I've ever read or seen describes Nadya as having a 4 yr. college degree in psychology, and having started her master's program until pregnancy concerns forced her to quit. This info was also given on Dr. Phil last week. In fact, Nadya spoke of the requirement of going to counseling which is something all master degree students are required to do. A person can't be a counselor without having first received X amt. of hours of counseling.

I wish we really knew. I don't think the counseling that Nadya talks about as far as the Master's is concerned is the type of counseling people want to hear about, but I'm not positive. I think we all want to know if she's had intensive psychotherapy?

Nadya had trouble with the question of whether the children's dad was a civilian or military man. I think her pause when answering was because she didn't know what a civilian is. JMO.

I continue to wait for one of her college peers to "talk". I would like to believe that this level of insanity wouldn't qualify her for a Master's program in psychology. (JMO)

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/03/25/sbt.octumom.addicted.fame.cnn

Interesting video from Dr. Drew Pinsky. He pretty much says what has been said in this thread. Narcissistic people like chaos. He says she needs lots of structure. On one hand, she is addicted to fame, but on the other hand, it is now our responsibility to help and she will have to take the help.

He says the CPS director is committed to keeping children with their families, but she will have to accept help.

I wish we really knew. I don't think the counseling that Nadya talks about as far as the Master's is concerned is the type of counseling people want to hear about, but I'm not positive. I think we all want to know if she's had intensive psychotherapy?

Nadya had trouble with the question of whether the children's dad was a civilian or military man. I think her pause when answering was because she didn't know what a civilian is. JMO.

I continue to wait for one of her college peers to "talk". I would like to believe that this level of insanity wouldn't qualify her for a Master's program in psychology. (JMO)

For those who can't or don't want to watch the linked video (I saw it on TV), in addition to Malini's good post above the quote just above Nayda is, according to Dr. Drew Pinsky, "in the narcissistic spectrum" with "internal and external chaos" and "has to have structure or someone will get hurt."

As I understand it, the grandparents home is in Orange County. Orange County is apparently having budget concerns. The new home is in Whittier, in Los Angeles County.

These octuplets are very fragile and can't take any risks. The mere presence of the media outside and following them is a huge infection risk. I think LA County Social Services is gearing up and ready. They know the sole custodial parent is going to be driven by the psychological dysfunction. The chaos will put the infants and other children at huge risk and the consequences are so extremely high it is life threatening.

The caregivers have mandatory reporting requirements and they are just complying with the law.

I think by this time next year or shortly thereafter, depending on court delays, there will be eight or more children in foster homes and being placed for adoption.

The new home will come up on Google maps as Whittier, but it is actually in La Habra, the neighboring city. I have a relative who lives in one city but the postal address is the neighboring city. I believe the street she lives on is very close to the Los Angeles/Orange County line.

Edit:
From Wikipedia:
La Habra is a city located in the northwestern corner of Orange County, California, United States. As of the 2007 census, the city had a total population of 62,635. Its related city, La Habra Heights is located to the north of La Habra, and is in Los Angeles County.

If Madonna Lane is google with Heights, it won't come up.

The new home will come up on Google maps as Whittier, but it is actually in La Habra, the neighboring city. I have a relative who lives in one city but the postal address is the neighboring city. I believe the street she lives on is very close to the Los Angeles/Orange County line.
Oh, I think I did hear something on the local news about La Habra. La Habra is Orange County. Let's hope they have adequately staffed the assignment in the Department of Social Services. Those caregivers need to document, document, document!!!!

Wasn't this circus supposed to be on Dr. Phil today? Anyone watch?

At first I was a little critical of the Duggars, but after watching a few times I really admire the family. They seem like such happy nice people that their show makes me feel inspired and good when I watch. A show about Nadya with kids running wild and her mother screaming and cursing on the other side of a glass door wouldn't do that. It would be just too upsetting seeing all those kids and little babies living that way. For Nadya to keep going through all this with her mother who obviously wants out is just nuts, but I suppose she has no one else. There's certainly no husband or daddy for all those kids.

I have only watched once and checked out thier website, I so much agree with you when watching I could not help but smile, with all the chaos going on in this world it is nice to watch a family lke the Duggars.

They make it seem so easy and all on thier own.

Is there any word as to the broadcast of the AIW/Gloria presser? Was that actually supposed to air during Dr. Phil or is that a whole separate deal?

With the KC hearing this morning, I was hoping for a narcissist-related double-header.

I'll watch Dr Phil at 3pm here in Texas as long as Nadya is NOT on there. I can't handle watching her, she drives me crazy...

If I end up watching, I'll give an update here.

Is there any word as to the broadcast of the AIW/Gloria presser? Was that actually supposed to air during Dr. Phil or is that a whole separate deal?

With the KC hearing this morning, I was hoping for a narcissist-related double-header.[/QUOTE]

Bolded by me.
That was an awesome choice of words!! :D

I am not sure when the AIW/GA presser is.........going to look it up. Let us know if you find out.
:blowkiss: Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member