Woman Gives Birth To Octuplets In California

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, PattyCake. And it speaks volumes that her only response to them so far has been to accuse them of seeking publicity. :(

Me too, PattyCake. And it speaks volumes that her only response to them so far has been to accuse them of seeking publicity. :(

OMG, I'm beginning to think she's actually evil.

Yes, how horrible that Angels in Waiting attempts to get publicity by offering help to America's most hated woman. Yeah, that'll get them rich over night. :rolleyes:

Well then, where is CPS? I've about had enough with this OctoB*tch.

Well...

Hospital wants proof Suleman can care for octuplets, she tells Dr. Phil
6:27 PM | February 24, 2009

Nadya Suleman told TV host Dr. Phil McGraw on Tuesday that she fears Kaiser Permanente Medical Center may not release her octuplets to her until she proves she can care for them.

In an interview with The Times, McGraw said Suleman called him Tuesday afternoon, distressed after talking to Kaiser officials. Suleman taped two episodes of McGraw’s show, the first of which is scheduled to run Wednesday.

“What she is telling me is that unless and until she has a better living arrangement, that they are not likely to release the children to her,” McGraw said.

--

McGraw said Suleman told him that hospital officials had some concerns about her “ability to care for the children.” He did not have detailed information about their concerns or what standards she might not be meeting.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/02/nadya-suleman-1.html

Well...

Nadya Suleman told TV host Dr. Phil McGraw on Tuesday that she fears Kaiser Permanente Medical Center may not release her octuplets to her until she proves she can care for them.

In an interview with The Times, McGraw said Suleman called him Tuesday afternoon, distressed after talking to Kaiser officials. Suleman taped two episodes of McGraw’s show, the first of which is scheduled to run Wednesday.

“What she is telling me is that unless and until she has a better living arrangement, that they are not likely to release the children to her,” McGraw said.

--

McGraw said Suleman told him that hospital officials had some concerns about her “ability to care for the children.” He did not have detailed information about their concerns or what standards she might not be meeting.
I just heard this on the radio a bit ago. This is a very interesting development.

Well...

--

This story makes me so angry, I can't even bring myself to posting on this thread my thoughts on it..
This post however, makes me happy enough to come in and say that I am glad it seems that someone is looking out for the best interest of these children, because I do not think that octomom is.
Whewwwww...that felt good!:dance:

also on my radio show tonight, one host said she was wondering if she was a munchausen by proxy mom. she was worried that the kids that were getting aid were victims. Nothing to support this notion of course, but it did get me thinking how horrible it would be.
Maybe it's not by proxy. I mean maybe the focus is on her and not the kids. think of the attention she has gotten. Plus she told her mom she had a tumor when she was pregnant and she told her bf she had cancer.

also on my radio show tonight, one host said she was wondering if she was a munchausen by proxy mom. she was worried that the kids that were getting aid were victims. Nothing to support this notion of course, but it did get me thinking how horrible it would be.
Maybe it's not by proxy. I mean maybe the focus is on her and not the kids. think of the attention she has gotten. Plus she told her mom she had a tumor when she was pregnant and she told her bf she had cancer.

This woman is certifiable !! Her father left me speechless when he did the interview on Opera. Her poor mom looks like she is ready for a nervous breakdown. I still don't believe that this nut isn't going to try and get pregnant again. These children need to be taken away and this woman needs to be locked up..
I thought Octogramps already had a bigger house for them all to go to. He' was on Opera looking for donations. Sad very,very sad

OMG, I'm beginning to think she's actually evil.

Yes, how horrible that Angels in Waiting attempts to get publicity by offering help to America's most hated woman. Yeah, that'll get them rich over night. :rolleyes:

Well then, where is CPS? I've about had enough with this OctoB*tch.

I agree with everything you've stated PattyCake

This woman is nuts !!!!

Good for the hospital. Those babies have 24-hour nursing care right now. I imagine those in charge are wondering how one woman with 6 other kids is going to manage.

What kind of stupid lie is the tumor lie? Did she think her mother would become suspicious when the "tumor" crowned, popped out, and started crying?

But I am really surprised by how everyone is reacting to this. Yes, in this day in age it is scary to think of bringing one child into this world, let alone 14. But we have a right to be parents. This stuff about CPS involvment really really bothers me. My grandmother has 12 children. I am the eldest of seven. I have five perfect daughters of my own. I am not sure if I am prolife or prochoice...I can see both sides and I straddle the fence (sorry). It is not a crime to have a lot of children. It is a blessing. I disagree with almost everything I have heard about this woman so I am not defending her. CPS rules in TN state that if everyone has their own bed and at least one dresser of their own, crowding is not a reason to remove a child. CPS calls should be reserved for situations where a child is a IMMEDIATE risk of physical, mental/emotional harm. CPS involvment would only make this worse and cost us more money. Besides though their are many great CPS workers in this country, for the most part it is a screwed up system. I can see them taking all of the kids into custody, splitting them up...that is wrong. The children have a right to be together and I can't imagine them finding a single home for 14 kids. Has there ever been any mention of the mother abusing her children in the past? If one did call for a CPS investigation what would be the complaint? She has a lot of kids? Not a crime. She lives in a small home? Not a crime. She is weird? Again, not a crime (even though it should be sometimes) Is it right for the government/courts to decide what makes the perfect family? If they do become involved it should be as a support. She should be required to work full time. She needs life time therapy and it should be mandatory. I believe she has mental health issues but does that mean that any person with mental health issues shouldn't be allowed to be a parent ? Any money she recieves as payments for media coverage should be placed in a trust, for her children, that someone else can controll. She should not be allowed to use that money for her career as a life time student or for plastic surgery to look like Angelina!

I do not think these children will ever be abused. Though I think their mother is selfish in her reasoning, I do believe she loves her children.I am however defending our rights as Americans. It is absolutely wrong for her to expect us to pay for her kids. I agree with everyone who has a problem with her getting welfare payments. But if she is employed, gets her own home, and cares for those babies is the rest of it any of our business? We didn't see this kind of up roar when the first set of octuplets were born all born alive...I think we are imposing our own opinions on this family as if we are all perfect. Families come in all shapes and sizes...

Personally I think the doctor is more screwed up than the mother...what an idiot. Take his license.

Finally, I have a questions...is it possible for the state to go after the sperm donor for repayment of the welfare money. Though she used IVF...he is still the father and should be responible for what he "helped cause". Can she be legally prevented from having more kids? Would that be right?
Where will a bed and dresser for each of 14 children in a 3 BR house go? Plus someplace for all the adults to sleep (multiple adults will be required full time to care for that many children at a time).

IMO the kids don't have a "right" or "need" to all grow up together. A child is not programmed to "need" a certain number of siblings or however many siblings that child's family happen to have. I think it is more important for them to be raised by sane, loving caregivers who can actually provide at least the basic needs rather than jammed together with a nutcase mother and her equally (IMO) nutcase parents who don't have any money, will have to rely on state/federal gov't, etc. Especially since under that scenario there will never be enough time or space for each individual child to get attention and love.

I did watch the Oprah show yesterday with her father, imo he skirted around many issues but did find it interesting that he talked about a conversation he had with the Dr back when she was pregnant with the twins, pointing out the hardships already on the family.
Something really does need to be done about the Dr, she could not have done all this without that mans help! I can see much more regulation being done in the future.

Now about all the children... really, what is the solution here?
It's not the babies fault they are in this situation, do they deserve to be seperated? What about the older children, do they deserve to be taken away from the family they know?
What can and should be done to help and protect these children?

imo there is no perfect solution, people are going to be very upset over any help this woman may get. The offer made through Gloria A. sounds like the best solution so far however that doesn't address the need for a larger home etc also. I am worried about the mental issues with the mother, she is looking for her children to fill some kind of void in her and even with 14 now, that void is still there, what's she going to do next?
I have many questions about her older children, how are they doing? Are they happy, healthy and thriving? How involved has their mother been with them? Who is their main care-giver?
I don't want to help the mother but I do want to help the children, whats the best way that can be done so they are cared for and not exploited and made to grow up feeling like they are some kind of freak show?

VB

okay I am sorry but I think our morning news just said someone has offered her a part in a *advertiser censored* movie?! has anyone heard that?

Vivid Entertainment offered her 1 mil to star in her own *advertiser censored* flick.

FoxLA11 morning news.

Well...

--

I agree with the hospitals stance that a careplan must be outlined in detail before the children are to be brought home. O/T but relavent ~ when I had one premmie I was assigned several classes to ensure that he had the appropriate care within my home. My then Husband attended with me as well as my parents. The hospital would be remiss and could face future charges if these children were released to the parent without the proper careplan lined out. We have not heard that these children have been diagnosed with anything other than being premature. In my case, my son had moniters for breathing (class for that) he took medications to stimulate breathing (class for that) we had to know infant CPR in the event he stopped breathing (class for that) he recieved Physical therapy, Occupational therapy (something along the same lines as PT) and other preventative therapies that were all given on an outpatient basis. Which meant that I had to take him for those therapies. This is a no joke. She absolutely has to have a careplan in place because she is dealing with 8 premmies. The thought boggles my mind.

okay I am sorry but I think our morning news just said someone has offered her a part in a *advertiser censored* movie?! has anyone heard that?

:floorlaugh: oh lordy dayz on that one JBean!

why would anyone want to watch her in a *advertiser censored* movie anyway? we don't even know if she knows how to do it for the love of pete.

Why is Nadya concerned that KP Hospital won't release the babies until she proves she can care for them? She certainly wasn't concerned when she planned these pregnancies? She certainly wasn't buying any extra cribs when she knew she was expecting 7 babies (the 8th was a suprise)? She had a few months to prepare for what she knew was a multiple pregnancy. She wasn't kicking in to make any house payments for the place she was living in with her 6 kids- to me that proves she isn't capable of caring for the first 6, let alone 8 new ones. But her lips look well glossed and her nails are great... I guess that's all she thinks about?

why would anyone want to watch her in a *advertiser censored* movie anyway? we don't even know if she knows how to do it for the love of pete.

With creative marketing, the "Angelina" lookalike could bring in LOTS of BUCKS for VividEntertainment...

YUCK!!!:sick:

Vivid Entertainment offered her 1 mil to star in her own *advertiser censored* flick.

FoxLA11 morning news.
OMG heaven help those children, she'd probably do it for that price. Now I have to 'retire' my breakfast.:sick:

Oh those poor sweet babes lying there in the hospital. I wonder if anyone actually goes to hold them and feed them other than the nurses? If she has no friends and I haven't seen any pics of grandma even going to the hospital, are those babies bonding with ANYONE?

On either JVM or NG last night. A psychologist guest said straight out that Octo-Mom was a narcissist and emotionally immature. She pointed out that in a clip of Octo-Mom (that is shown quite often of her kissing the face of an infant/toddler that was in her lap excessively) that her behavior was concerning/alarming in regards to that child. She stated that Octo-Mom lived in a fantasy world not reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela