Would you be frightened being left in a remote trailer with two little kids at night?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Would you be frightened being left in a remote trailer with two little kids at night?

• Yes, absolutely

Votes: 149 36.1%
  • Nope

Votes: 130 31.5%
  • Not with a dog.

Votes: 53 12.8%
  • Not with a security system, a gun, and a dog.

Votes: 81 19.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing no one is mentioning is why didn't Misti leave on a light somewhere in the house at night especially if Junior was getting up as she went to sleep and Haleigh was afraid of the dark. I know electricity bills can be an issue, but most girls, women would leave at least one light on if the husband weren't home, I think.

I am thinking the tv was on in the bedroom, thus some light. Big question: Why weren't the outside lights on or were they? Is Ron suppose to stumble thru the dark, insert a key at 3:30 in the morning?

I would be scared. And I would for sure have the outside lights on and a light in the living room.

I probably wouldn't be able to sleep until my hubby got home.

That might be a reason for having the kids in bed with her.

Has anyone else pulled up the street view on Goggle of the street that runs along their plat? It actually doesn't look like that bad of a little neighborhood.

Still doesn't make me want to live there... I lived in the middle of nowhere for a long time and hated it... I'm more of a city mouse.

Does anyone have a link to an actual photo of the area around the trailer? I've seen the google map route that the dogs took, but would like to see a pic.

Not sure if this will work, if not, click on aerial and keep zooming in. Can't see super closeup of their house or yard but you can see the tracks and where the streets are

http://www.familywatchdog.us/ShowMap.asp?frm=0

ahh stinker it didn't work. go to familywatchdog.us and do offender search, enter 202 green satsuma FL in the addy. (If that is incorrect addy let me know, but that is the one I found.) Then click aerial and keep zooming in.

I grew up in a country community but there were houses close by. At 17 yrs there is no way I would have even babysat out in the country with no other houses around. I would have been scared to death. Now it probably wouldn't bother me as long as I had a big mean dog outside and another inside and a gun handy! We live in a scary world and you never know where the crazys are. It wouldn't bother me if there were houses around and then the woods, etc. I would never live out in the dingles with no one else around though.

I would be very scared. This might have already been mentioned but I would think natural instinct would be to close the door. If you wake up, it's dark, you're alone and the door is hanging wide open at 3am I would close the door.

She sat with the door open waiting for him to get home. Strikes me really odd.

I am thinking the tv was on in the bedroom, thus some light. Big question: Why weren't the outside lights on or were they? Is Ron suppose to stumble thru the dark, insert a key at 3:30 in the morning?

Do you think they had working outside lights? If they'd only lived there a couple months or so, maybe they never got a chance to install them?
When i lived in the woods in a trailer, we never had outside lights aside from a porch light. If it wasn't on and no one was home, we got home at night, sometimes my sister would leave her car running with the headlights on the trailer until she got the door unlocked.

ps- imo i think sometimes people who are used to living in the country with less light have better night vision as they are used to it being darker than those who live in cities..

Depending on where it is.

In that part of Florida with that many sex offenders and all those guns?

Hmmm... I'd be on my guard, that's for sure.

I've been a country girl my whole life and am home alone with my daughters quite frequently.. I would not be scared unless I knew there were SO's near by!

if I knew there were even 5 SO's in my area I would NOT live here!

Unfortunately, meth dealers have discovered the isolation of the country-side. Mostly, however, they leave neighbors alone and are eventually caught. They usually don't fit the persona of rural people.

I've always had one or more relatives who lived in the boonies and those who'd break into their houses should be the ones who are afraid because everyone in the house can come up with a gun in short order, even in the middle of the night in total darkness, knows how to use it and their dogs are always VERY protective.

Having said that, it would surprize me if Misty didn't have access to a gun in Ron's trailer, but for some reason that didn't stop whatever happened from happening. What's truly frightening is the exposed fact that SO's will GO IN to houses to carry out their victims...Jessica L, Elizabeth S, Polly, K, Danielle, etc.

No-but I'm not 17. I remember 17-20 some odd years gone now-I wouldn't have known to be scared at 17, that was my invincible age where nothing bad could happen to me. I didn't learn fear until somewhere in my early 20's....

Most definitely, I would be scared. I think, for the most part, trailers are easier to break into. I would have to have a big dog and the lights on at the very least.

I was 17 had two children and lived alone with them. I was never really what you say scared because I always put extra locks on the doors and always slept with a 22 (of course with the safety on) I always figured living in town was far more dangerous.

The remoteness, per se, would not frighten me. But I would be terrified to live as the caretaker of Ronald Cummings's children in that location with the constellation of people surrounding that home.

Now that I am a mother, I am always afraid b/c I am now responsible for someone else.

I voted "with a dog" but it would have to be a trained doberman. I click on a clicker and he would go for throat.
I don't like guns. Probably end up shooting myself in the foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member