Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They will never settle. In fact, Nina's Demurrer was recently posted to the Court site. She is requesting the Judge dismiss the case against her, and wants the Zahaus to pay her legal fees, and any other compensation the Judge sees fit. I'll post that shortly.

They will never, ever, ever settle this. Why would they? They are innocent of any involvement.

BRM

Yeah, hope no one waits with bated breath.

BBM

Dina also has called herself a Dr. and a scientist hah.

Also...remember the post about Maxie being 'brain dead' ? The girl didn't pull that out of her arse. She heard it directly from Dina and/or her father (Dina's EXbf).

You wanna know when Dina is lying? Its when her lips are flapping.

And she also claimed that she was a "property owner" in Coronao. Another lie since both Spreckels and the G Ave house were both owned by Jonah and ONLY Jonah. This was part of her opening statement to the Coronado City Council meeting, where she pled with them to force the police to reopen the investigation into Max's death..........after she had already publicly bashed the Police Chief.

^ Then please explain to me how the Zahau's will prove that both Dina and Nina sat on the bed while Adam threw Rebecca over the balcony. Please.

Jeez, I have an idea. You could go watch the trial and see how it all comes out?

it'd be cool if we had our very own WSleuther at the trial !!!

They will never settle. In fact, Nina's Demurrer was recently posted to the Court site. She is requesting the Judge dismiss the case against her, and wants the Zahaus to pay her legal fees, and any other compensation the Judge sees fit. I'll post that shortly.

They will never, ever, ever settle this. Why would they? They are innocent of any involvement.

I looked up the Demurrer myself. I will quote one particularly interesting response to the Zahau's allegations:

'As to defendant Nina Romano, plaintiffs allege "that on the evening of July 12, 2011, DINA aggressively confronted the DECEDENT at the Ocean Boulevard residence, along with her sister, NINA. (FAC, p. 7:9-11.) There are no facts alleged as to what Nina did, whether she was simply present or was part of the "confrontation," let alone whether the "confrontation" was solely verbal or had any physical aspect to it. Accordingly, even if the alleged verbal confrontation occurred as alleged, there are no facts alleged as to Nina's purported conduct that would be sufficient to rise to the level of assault or battery.'

Red text mine. Doesn't look like Nina is backing away from a confrontation the night Rebecca was murdered. I could almost infer that Nina is throwing Dina under the bus?

I will quote a second interesting tidbit from Nina's Demurrer:

'There are no allegations that Romano, an alleged resident of San Joaquin County (FAC, pp. 4:28:-5.2 [P14], was anywhere at or near the premises at the time of the death or even in a position of being capable of engaging in any of the acts alleged in conclusory fashion.'

Really Nina? You gave an extensive interview about texting Rebecca, going to the house that night, NOT touching the gate (what was that about?). At least have your lawyers get the facts straight as they stack up to your interviews. "NOT ANYWHERE AT OR NEAR THE PREMISES? Rubbish.

Jeez, I have an idea. You could go watch the trial and see how it all comes out?

it'd be cool if we had our very own WSleuther at the trial !!!

It is sure to be a media circus!!!!!!!!

justice be served...sure seems like the smaller twin is throwing the larger twin under the trolley.

Thanks for bringing that over !

One would think, but then you have to consider how much evidence was overlooked. Do we know for sure they even taped the interviews? I will have to look at the warrants again. What would be even more interesting is if Jonah, during 2 interviews, was not asked about Dina's demeanor and her reaction to Rebecca's death. If the detectives were being thorough they would have asked. IIRC, The warrant doesn't disclose any info Jonah may have given about her demeanor or anything about Nina and Adam. There is some info about whereabouts, but not much. I would love to hear Jonah's interviews.
BBM Hi Lash,

Based on the evidence requested by RZ's family, and standard investigative policy, I would venture to guess all the interviews were taped. The following from the evidence request:

A. All investigative records, files, and forensic evidence, photos, audio files, telephonic and cell phone records, video files, and transcripts of witness interviews and the like, received and seized pursuant to the investigation into the death of Rebecca Zahau on or about July 12-13, 2011 and thereafter (1)

E. The audio, transcript and any notes from a July 26, 2011 interview in Phoenix referred to by Lead Investigator Angela Tsuida in a report dated August 15, 2011. This item is classified as relating to the Max Shacknai investigation while it also mentions Rebecca Zahau. Two previous "missing" audiotaped interviews were located with the assistance of the California Attorney General.

And she also claimed that she was a "property owner" in Coronao. Another lie since both Spreckels and the G Ave house were both owned by Jonah and ONLY Jonah. This was part of her opening statement to the Coronado City Council meeting, where she pled with them to force the police to reopen the investigation into Max's death..........after she had already publicly bashed the Police Chief.

Sorry, not evidence of murder.

'There are no allegations that Romano, an alleged resident of San Joaquin County (FAC, pp. 4:28:-5.2 [P14], was anywhere at or near the premises at the time of the death or even in a position of being capable of engaging in any of the acts alleged in conclusory fashion.'

Really Nina? You gave an extensive interview about texting Rebecca, going to the house that night, NOT touching the gate (what was that about?). At least have your lawyers get the facts straight as they stack up to your interviews. "NOT ANYWHERE AT OR NEAR THE PREMISES? Rubbish.

Rebecca committed suicide somewhere between 1 am and 3 am Wednesday morning. Nina was there at approximately 9:45 p.m., Tuesday night for five to ten minutes. Nina certainly has witnesses for the time the alledged death happened, since her son and other guests were staying with her at Dina's house. So no, not rubbish at all.

BBM Hi Lash,

Based on the evidence requested by RZ's family, and standard investigative policy, I would venture to guess all the interviews were taped. The following from the evidence request:

A. All investigative records, files, and forensic evidence, photos, audio files, telephonic and cell phone records, video files, and transcripts of witness interviews and the like, received and seized pursuant to the investigation into the death of Rebecca Zahau on or about July 12-13, 2011 and thereafter (1)

E. The audio, transcript and any notes from a July 26, 2011 interview in Phoenix referred to by Lead Investigator Angela Tsuida in a report dated August 15, 2011. This item is classified as relating to the Max Shacknai investigation while it also mentions Rebecca Zahau. Two previous "missing" audiotaped interviews were located with the assistance of the California Attorney General.

Hey Carioca :seeya:

It totally slipped my mind where the audio files were mentioned. And...the details about the "missing" audiotaped interviews the California AG helped the Zahau family obtain. Speaking of missing, it reminds me of Rebecca's missing clothing and female Det. Tsuida disappeared from the case, too. I wonder what else is missing? Oh, I know fingerprints :winkaway: Hopefully, we'll get to hear those interviews some day!

Thank you.

Hey Carioca :seeya:

It totally slipped my mind where the audio files were mentioned. And...the details about the "missing" audiotaped interviews the California AG helped the Zahau family obtain. Speaking of missing, it reminds me of Rebecca's missing clothing and female Det. Tsuida disappeared from the case, too. I wonder what else is missing? Oh, I know fingerprints :) Hopefully, we'll get to hear those interviews some day!

Thank you.

IIRC, the lead investigator, Det. Angela Tsuida, was supposedly set to investigate phone records, also was to be present at Rebecca's autopsy. Neither of which happened. Poof. Gone. Seems as though she just took off for Costa Rica. jk, but in all honesty? I sure would like to know if she was reassigned by a higher up? and if so why???

How bout this? I'll post mine, right after Bourne posts his.

No worry regarding you posting Nina's Demurrer to prove something.

justice be served kindly posted. Thankfully, no one passed out while waiting with bated breath for your promise to post. All's good!!!

Takethe suicide theory and the murder story and put them side by side them side. One ( the murder)is a methodical, ritualistic revenge killing totally grounded in practicality and done in a state of rage.The other involves hopping around a room, gagged and bound after hitting oneself on the head 4 times, stripping naked, shutting the door, turning off the light while bound hand and foot with a t-shirt in one's mouth and leaping from one toe off of a balcony and disturbing only a small fraction of dust because the toe leap was so high and precise. This all happened after painting one's nipple with TWO paintbrushes and cutting the rope with TWO knives. Of course, the rope left no debris or shavings from the slicing on the floor which, well, doesn't make sense like ANY of that theory. The strange message on the door which was written in the third person ( hmmmm......) gets thrown in and the grand finale was of course knowing that you would be found hanging naked and dead. That is the strangest, most implausible theory of the two. And I have even left out a lot. It doesn't look like a suicide. Never has.
MOO

I sure don't buy the theory that RZ's death was a "revenge killing" and a judge nor jury will, either, imo, because of the totality of events. This isn't Myanmar. There are few "revenge killings" outside of the gang culture in America.

I think the theory that is most believable is that a detective had phoned RZ after Dr. Peterson/Hospital reported that Max's injuries did not match with the description of the incident provided by RZ. Her decision to kill herself was an act of consciousness of guilt.

This wouldn't be the first suicide--and sadly, won't be the last-- by someone who knew she faced prison for her negligence in caring for a small child.

JMO

Please note "at the time of death." Nina likely has eyewitnesses as to when she returned to Dina's home. Considering the severity of Max's injuries, I also doubt Nina stayed off her telephone the rest of the night.

JMO

V
I sure don't buy the theory that RZ's death was a "revenge killing" and a judge nor jury will, either, imo, because of the totality of events. This isn't Myanmar. There are few "revenge killings" outside of the gang culture in America.

I think the theory that is most believable is that a detective had phoned RZ after Dr. Peterson/Hospital reported that Max's injuries did not match with the description of the incident provided by RZ. Her decision to kill herself was an act of consciousness of guilt.

This wouldn't be the first suicide--and sadly, won't be the last-- by someone who knew she faced prison for her negligence in caring for a small child.

JMO

My belle,
You have an interesting way of sidestepping the heart of a post and then adding a disconnected comment. If one weren't careful, one could get thrown off center.

My posting referred to the ridiculousness of the method of the supposed 'suicide' of RZ. One of your side steps brought up my words about revenge killing. No. We are not in Myamar. People do kill ( and often) for revenge, however. You like to tangle the words. Instant smoke and mirrors. You'd make a good prosecutor!!!

Anyway....youmay bieve that the death of RZ was a 'suicide'. We can agree to disagree. What the h*ll does Myamar have to do with the price of tea in China? Good god.

Please note "at the time of death." Nina likely has eyewitnesses as to when she returned to Dina's home. Considering the severity of Max's injuries, I also doubt Nina stayed off her telephone the rest of the night.

JMO

The estimated time of death is just that - ESTIMATED - due to the FACT Rebecca's body lay there in the hot sun for something like 10 hours prior to the coroner arriving at the scene. I don't put any credence in the estimated time of death due to the evidence not being appropriately preserved. I don't doubt that she was murdered several hours after the twins arrived at the scene and it is already proven that Nina was there at something like 10:30 at night looking for her apparently missing sister.

JMO

BBM

There is no way the ME could possibly give a valid time of death, estimated or otherwise. Rebecca was left to the elements waaaayyy too long. If Nina has credible eyewitnesses to show where she was between 9PM and 1AM, then bring them on, good for her. Same goes for her larger twin. As to her phone records, we will never know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur