Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM-

The first sentence in the quote says the passerby reported it to the police following Zahau's death.

Snip -
A passerby did notice a woman at the house that night and reported it to police following Zahau's death July 13. But that witness's description of the woman does not match that of Nina Romano, according to Zahau family attorney Anne Bremner.

Read it all again. This does not say WHEN they reported it to police - they reported it AFTER they contacted Anne Bremner. There is another quote right after yours that says so.

BBM. Glad you noted the behavioral pattern with Dina -- that she's IMPULSIVE and RECKLESS. Can there be more history and behavioral evidence pointing to Dina having been literally propelled to seek hateful vengeance upon Rebecca that fateful Tues evening? Especially upon abruptly hearing that Tues evening from Dr. Peterson that her one and only son would "never walk or talk again".

Anyway anyone looks at this, it is DINA who had the most motive (the mother who lost her one and only son from a multibillionaire who blamed Rebecca for this tragic loss), and it is DINA who had the opportunity (she was NOT at the hospital as she claimed because NO surveillance tapes showed her there per Sheriff Gore's press conference), and it is DINA who had the means (she had a father in the Navy who would take the twins Dina and Nina out boating so those knots were known to her). PLUS Dina's long, long history of reported Impulsive, Reckless, Violent, Volatile past behaviors.

In a nutshell, all arrows point to DINA as being the vindictive murderer of Rebecca. Blood-tied and dependent upon Dina for financial support, Nina, and Adam, clearly stooges.

Too bad none of what you said above is proof of murder. But the DNA, fingerprints, footprints, and other evidence Rebecca Zahau left behind IS eveidence of suicide. And you have to admit, not wanting to be procecuted for killing a child is the strongest motive of all.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the ADT system was disengaged because Jonah was installing additional videocameras for the Spreckels home and the videos actually caught Dina murdering Rebecca?

Or they caught Rebecca's naked jump off that balcony. And maybe it also caught the three times she swung and hit the wall, causes those tiny bruises on her head.

BBM. Glad you noted the behavioral pattern with Dina -- that she's IMPULSIVE and RECKLESS. Can there be more history and behavioral evidence pointing to Dina having been literally propelled to seek hateful vengeance upon Rebecca that fateful Tues evening? Especially upon abruptly hearing that Tues evening from Dr. Peterson that her one and only son would "never walk or talk again".

Anyway anyone looks at this, it is DINA who had the most motive (the mother who lost her one and only son from a multibillionaire who blamed Rebecca for this tragic loss), and it is DINA who had the opportunity (she was NOT at the hospital as she claimed because NO surveillance tapes showed her there per Sheriff Gore's press conference), and it is DINA who had the means (she had a father in the Navy who would take the twins Dina and Nina out boating so those knots were known to her). PLUS Dina's long, long history of reported Impulsive, Reckless, Violent, Volatile past behaviors.

In a nutshell, all arrows point to DINA as being the vindictive murderer of Rebecca. Blood-tied and dependent upon Dina for financial support, Nina, and Adam, clearly stooges.

Do you have a link for JS's multibillionaire status? On the 2014 list of billionaires Arizona has six, with the lowest at $1.82 billion. JS is not on the list.

The FBI? I missed something, I'm afraid.

Could someone please point me to a thread or link about the FBI talking to witnesses or anything else in this case? I am totally drawing a blank.

TIA

Rother says she tells people that police agencies “always know things they don’t release. We the public don’t know everything [on Zahau].”

As far as the suicide verdict, Rother says the Sheriff’s Department, aided by the FBI, “don’t make these statements lightly. Bill Gore does not make statements lightly. … I think he takes great care in the decisions that he makes.”

http://patch.com/california/coronado/true-crime-author-we-the-public-dont-know-everything-5135fd45a1

Yeah, well, you know how when someone tells themselves (and everyone else) something often enough, not only are they hoping its believed, they come to believe it themselves. Never mind the great 'imagination' part. Oh wait...

perhaps its partly exaggeration and the rest wishful thinking???

Please note the post with a link proving the FBI was involved. But I do understand some things have been repeated so much that aren't true...like Rebecca's clothes being missing (they were folded on the bed), that Rebecca was knocked out (the bruises on her head would not have knocked out a fly they were so small), that Rebecca was the only one there when Max was accidented (here daughter'sister was there with her), her hands were bound (she was holding the end in her dead cold hand proving SHE bound herself), she was gagged (could have sppit it out any time), etc. etc. etc. etc. ect.

Do you have a link for JS's multibillionaire status? On the 2014 list of billionaires Arizona has six, with the lowest at $1.82 billion. JS is not on the list.

Jonah is a millionaire. The Zahau team bumped it up to billionaire about two years ago for media buzz. ANd now they are claiming multibillionaire? Why am I not surprized?

My guess is they must think it makes he sound even more evil in their propaganda? You must have noted by now that many posters just seem to hate Jonah and Dina because they have money. The rich vs the poor argument.

Funny, they don't mention that Jonah and Adam are also the children of an immigrant (their father), were raised by working class parents, and they have both done well, although that "tag line" about the Zahaus being immigrants is said almost every time the Zahaus are on TV.

Interesting. Why do you think that?

Do you think Kim Schumann et al were "there" at the interview, okaying what could be asked and what couldn't? Why? Why not just remain silent and out of the public, at this point? What's in it for them? Why didn't Kim Schumann give a statement, like he has before?

What's to be gained by pretending Adam Shacknai isn't a part of this?

ETA: And do you think Nina and her attorneys were in agreement with this? Why?

Do you think Adam's attorneys were in agreement, and supporting this? How did this benefit THEIR client?

Ahhhh...so you think Dina's attorneys WANT her to keep talking and giving interviews? Even knowing how that has worked out with her public reputation in the past? Have you looked at any of the comments from any of the recent articles after her interviews? Brutal criticism of her. No support. None at all.

Dina is represented by an attorney so the attorney most certainly would set the parameters of what could be asked. Dina has nothing to do with Adam so the opinion of his attorneys is irrelevant.

I think the case against both Dina and Nina will be dismissed because there is no proof of opportunity or that they were part of a conspiracy with Adam. The theory that Adam conspired with his brother's ex-wife--rather than with his brother--is so illogical it is nonsensical.

I don't bother to read comments at the end of articles nor do I post but I do fully support Dina.

JMO

Respectfully snipped -

When I first watched her interview, I was certain it was another spontaneous Dina moment. After further thought, I'm not so sure. I agree Dina was likely on a business trip related to the WDS. Danya Bacchus, NBC interviewer, has been covering this case since the beginning. I tend to believe Dina contacted Danya. I'm not sure Dina didn't have help from her attorneys or PR firm. IIRC, this is the first interview where Dina is not in a closeup talking. It appears to me this was intentional. Then the side step of NOT mentioning Adam is actually a good move on their part. Throw suspicion on Adam, away from Dina and Nina by using the comment about them not being there. Anyone who really knows this case, knows Nina admitted to being on the property. BUT, to the average reader this may come across as Dina saying she and her sister have alibis. Dina chose her words wisely. Dina didn't say they were not on the property that night (I know for a fact I was not there and neither was my sister). Where is there? Imo, not there during the murder.

Another interesting part of the interview, Dina does not mention XZ. Instead she said Rebecca was the only person there at the time. No way do I believe Dina has changed her mind about Rebecca and XZ both being there. In my opinion, there may be a restraining order protecting XZ or Dina was protecting her image by not verbally attacking a minor. This shows control. I tend to believe it was rehearsed. PR at work.

You asked about the timing of the interview. Scottsdale Soccer has a Blackhawks Max Shacknai Invitational. The tournament was Feb. 20th-22nd. I may be way off here, but I think the Feb. 7th interview had a targeted audience. The interview went viral, even reaching prime media outlets. If you think about the group of people participating in this event, I'm sure there would be plenty of talk amongst each other regarding Dina and Rebecca's death. First topic of discussion, did you see Dina's recent interview? Followed by, Dina said she nor her sister were there. Did you notice she doesn't mention Adam? I think you get my point.

I didn't see the interview but I'm curious why you think Dina would bring up XZ at all. She wasn't in Coronado when RZ died.

I'm pretty sure both Dina and Nina do have witnesses to provide alibis for them but they don't know where or what Adam was doing other than what he has said.

JMO

^ MyBelle, in Anne Rule's novella, she mentions a letter written by Robert P. Faigin, who is Sheriff Bill Gore's special assistant and chief attorney, to Martin Rudoy, the Zahaus attorney at that time. The letter served as formal written follow-up to their meeting on January 27, 2012.

Faigin criticized the presentation because he considered it to consisit of numerous theories on things that "could" or "might" have happened but felt there was no actual evidence. He wrote, "Your theories included a 'confidential informant' who befriended Adam Shacknai after the incident in question...who allegedly told your investigator in an unrecorded statement that Adam Shacknai confessed to her that he was returning home when he discovered Ms. Zahau's body, as opposed to finding her after he work up. Without even going into the evidentiary value of the unrecorded hearsay statement, it does not impact the conclusions in this case. If in fact true, it would exonerate Mr. Shacknai as he would not have been home at the time of Ms. Zahau's death."

So two years ago they were trying to say Adam wasn't even there. Ha! Maybe Adam should look up this witness to testify now!

The Zahaus so have NOTHING, and I believe in their hearts they KNOW it was suicide, but boy have they sure tried every trick in the book to make some big cash. All of this will come back to bite them, mark my words.

From Anne Rule's Two Strange Deaths in Coronado, pages 270, 271

IIRC, the lead investigator, Det. Angela Tsuida, was supposedly set to investigate phone records, also was to be present at Rebecca's autopsy. Neither of which happened. Poof. Gone. Seems as though she just took off for Costa Rica. jk, but in all honesty? I sure would like to know if she was reassigned by a higher up? and if so why???

Detective Tsuida investigated Rebecca's death until she was satisfied with the findings. She ended her report on the suicide with , "All indications are that there was no foul play." The information that she was taken off the investigation is simply not correct.

Ann Rule - Two Strange Deaths in Coronado, page 269

I'm pretty sure Adam is NOT financially supported by his brother's ex-wife then or now. Anybody around a boat frequently knows how to tie a nautical hitch knot and that includes RZ. The ocean was right across the street. That said, it also isn't a knot a murderer would use because it is easily untied.

JMO

The mooring hitch knot holds fast while under tension yet can be released quickly with a tug on the free end. Despite its name, this is a temporary boating knot and not to be trusted to moor a boat or anything else of value!
http://watercraft.wonderhowto.com/how-to/tie-mooring-hitch-knot-for-boating-251735/

Just heard the case is going to trial and jury selection set for next month!

:party: WOOHOO! Sayonara <mod snip> Dina and Nina. :jail:

Bourne, still waiting on a link for you to prove this. Unless you have some sort of link to show this is correct, it looks like the next big event on the dockett is the Case Dismissal Hearing in October..

That's one in which Nina Romano has already petioned the Judge for the Zahaus to pay her court costs, and any other damages he sees fit. I bet Dina and Adam ask for the same.

^ MyBelle, in Anne Rule's novella, she mentions a letter written by Robert P. Faigin, who is Sheriff Bill Gore's special assistant and chief attorney, to Martin Rudoy, the Zahaus attorney at that time. The letter served as formal written follow-up to their meeting on January 27, 2012.

Faigin criticized the presentation because he considered it to consisit of numerous theories on things that "could" or "might" have happened but felt there was no actual evidence. He wrote, "Your theories included a 'confidential informant' who befriended Adam Shacknai after the incident in question...who allegedly told your investigator in an unrecorded statement that Adam Shacknai confessed to her that he was returning home when he discovered Ms. Zahau's body, as opposed to finding her after he work up. Without even going into the evidentiary value of the unrecorded hearsay statement, it does not impact the conclusions in this case. If in fact true, it would exonerate Mr. Shacknai as he would not have been home at the time of Ms. Zahau's death."

So two years ago they were trying to say Adam wasn't even there. Ha! Maybe Adam should look up this witness to testify now!

The Zahaus so have NOTHING, and I believe in their hearts they KNOW it was suicide, but boy have they sure tried every trick in the book to make some big cash. All of this will come back to bite them, mark my words.

From Anne Rule's Two Strange Deaths in Coronado, pages 270, 271

Thanks for the tidbit. I've always doubted Adam was at the guesthouse at the time of RZ's death because the reason Adam made the trip was to be with Jonah and Max. Being alone at the Coronado guesthouse never really made much sense. Plus, Nina made the trip to the mansion. Wouldn't she have known whether Adam was at the guest house?

JMO

^ I don't doubt Adam was in the guesthouse and slept all night like he claimed. He would have been up early, 5 or 6 am Memphis time to catch the flight, and by the time he and Rebecca got to the mansion it was 10 pm Memphis time. Not to mention the stressful situation, and he'd probably been up late the night before packing and rushing to get ready for the emergency trip. And the walls in the guest house are something like 12' thick concrete. So I know if it were me, I would have been in bed ASAP, tired as heck.

The "witness" the Zahau attorney refers to in the above was probably just another freak wanting to get involved - but interesting the Zahau attorney used it as evidence and seemed clueless that if it were true, it would eliminate Adam from being anywhere near the the mansion at the time of Zahau's death.

It just goes to show how the Zahaus are pulling straws to see if they can find anything that sticks! I'm sure the Shacknai attorneys will bring things like this up to the judge to show how fabricated the Zahau allegations are.

Please note the post with a link proving the FBI was involved. But I do understand some things have been repeated so much that aren't true...like Rebecca's clothes being missing (they were folded on the bed), that Rebecca was knocked out (the bruises on her head would not have knocked out a fly they were so small), that Rebecca was the only one there when Max was accidented (here daughter'sister was there with her), her hands were bound (she was holding the end in her dead cold hand proving SHE bound herself), she was gagged (could have sppit it out any time), etc. etc. etc. etc. ect.

Thank you for the link, LL, but if you don't mind, I honestly don't think Rother's word is "PROOF" that the FBI was involved. I will buy it if its mentioned in the Zahau section of the SDSO web site.

I found this info in the link interesting:

But Rother&#8217;s decades of experience as a reporter and crime writer leaves her with a nagging doubt.

&#8220;I do kind of wonder sometimes that once [law enforcement] has an idea in their head, they don&#8217;t [veer] from it,&#8221; she said in an interview last month. &#8220;If that&#8217;s happening in this case, they should reopen it.&#8221;

She speculated that police might be trying to protect the privacy of the Zahau family&#8212;&#8220;even though they don&#8217;t want&#8221; privacy.

&#8220;I guarantee you that there&#8217;s stuff that we don&#8217;t know. &#8230; Whether they are right or not, I don&#8217;t know,&#8221; she said. &#8220;I know there are a lot of people in the community who don&#8217;t believe that [this] is suicide.&#8221;

^ This. Is. Exactly. Why. Dina. Is. Done.

Thanks, bourne.

^ I don't doubt Adam was in the guesthouse and slept all night like he claimed. He would have been up early, 5 or 6 am Memphis time to catch the flight, and by the time he and Rebecca got to the mansion it was 10 pm Memphis time. Not to mention the stressful situation, and he'd probably been up late the night before packing and rushing to get ready for the emergency trip. And the walls in the guest house are something like 12' thick concrete. So I know if it were me, I would have been in bed ASAP, tired as heck.

The "witness" the Zahau attorney refers to in the above was probably just another freak wanting to get involved - but interesting the Zahau attorney used it as evidence and seemed clueless that if it were true, it would eliminate Adam from being anywhere near the the mansion at the time of Zahau's death.

It just goes to show how the Zahaus are pulling straws to see if they can find anything that sticks! I'm sure the Shacknai attorneys will bring things like this up to the judge to show how fabricated the Zahau allegations are.

Thanks, I had forgotten about the time difference.

Thank you for the link, LL, but if you don't mind, I honestly don't think Rother's word is "PROOF" that the FBI was involved. I will buy it if its mentioned in the Zahau section of the SDSO web site.

I found this info in the link interesting:

But Rother&#8217;s decades of experience as a reporter and crime writer leaves her with a nagging doubt.

&#8220;I do kind of wonder sometimes that once [law enforcement] has an idea in their head, they don&#8217;t [veer] from it,&#8221; she said in an interview last month. &#8220;If that&#8217;s happening in this case, they should reopen it.&#8221;

She speculated that police might be trying to protect the privacy of the Zahau family&#8212;&#8220;even though they don&#8217;t want&#8221; privacy.

&#8220;I guarantee you that there&#8217;s stuff that we don&#8217;t know. &#8230; Whether they are right or not, I don&#8217;t know,&#8221; she said. &#8220;I know there are a lot of people in the community who don&#8217;t believe that [this] is suicide.&#8221;

There are always those that are going to believe in conspiracy theories, and those that aren't going to let the FACTS stand in the way of a good story.

BBM

I'll tell you what's strange...is someone quoting a person who writes 'novellas' as pure FACT.
Freakin' hilarious !!!

Thanks for the humor LuLu :laughing:

Totally agree with you. The kitty cats are out in full force trying to get info on how to defend Dina and Nina in court. Must be running scared as HE77.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Can't wait to see Dina behind bars. :jail:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members