Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please note the post with a link proving the FBI was involved. But I do understand some things have been repeated so much that aren't true...like Rebecca's clothes being missing (they were folded on the bed), that Rebecca was knocked out (the bruises on her head would not have knocked out a fly they were so small), that Rebecca was the only one there when Max was accidented (here daughter'sister was there with her), her hands were bound (she was holding the end in her dead cold hand proving SHE bound herself), she was gagged (could have sppit it out any time), etc. etc. etc. etc. ect.

BBM. I'm impressed with your knowledge of this case. I've forgotten many of the details.

The point of doing a "tug hitch" is because just one end can be pulled to undo it. I wonder if RZ was hoping she would be found in time but she didn't have the strength to undo it herself?

JMO

Rother says she tells people that police agencies “always know things they don’t release. We the public don’t know everything [on Zahau].”

As far as the suicide verdict, Rother says the Sheriff’s Department, aided by the FBI, “don’t make these statements lightly. Bill Gore does not make statements lightly. … I think he takes great care in the decisions that he makes.”

http://patch.com/california/coronado/true-crime-author-we-the-public-dont-know-everything-5135fd45a1

BRBM

Who the creeps is Rother??? Sister, brother, cousin of Rule?

Bourne, still waiting on a link for you to prove this. Unless you have some sort of link to show this is correct, it looks like the next big event on the dockett is the Case Dismissal Hearing in October..

That's one in which Nina Romano has already petioned the Judge for the Zahaus to pay her court costs, and any other damages he sees fit. I bet Dina and Adam ask for the same.

Second BBM

I bet Dina, towards the end of this case, will be pleading forgiveness. Least I hope so.

Second BBM

I bet Dina, towards the end of this case, will be pleading forgiveness. Least I hope so.

Don't hold your breath. Dina is a victim. Her child is dead. Americans have compassion for the mothers of dead victims. It is what it is and always has been. RZ had no children, according to her family. If she had had children, I think there would have been more compassion rather that treating her as a sociopathic gold digger which, right or wrong, seems to be the prevailing public opinion.

JMO

I didn't see the interview but I'm curious why you think Dina would bring up XZ at all. She wasn't in Coronado when RZ died.

I'm pretty sure both Dina and Nina do have witnesses to provide alibis for them but they don't know where or what Adam was doing other than what he has said.

JMO
Snip from article -

Shacknai lost her six-year-old son Max after a tragic fall inside his father Jonah's Coronado mansion in July 2011. The only person there at the time was Rebecca Zahau, Johah's girlfriend--who just days after Max's death was found nude, bound and hanging from the mansion's second-story balcony.

"I never had the opportunity to ask what happened," said Shacknai.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...preckels-Mansion-291021201.html#ixzz3QyQiCtIy
------
The focus of the interview is not solely on Dina and the WDS. The Feb. 7th interview is a combination of Dina denying the WDS claims along with some discussion of Maxie's death. If the interview had not mentioned Max there would no reason to bring up XZ.

In Dina's past interviews when asked who was there at the time, Dina has always said Rebecca and XZ. It is unusual for Dina to leave out XZ. The only person there at the time was Rebecca, is not even factual. XZ made the 911 call. LL2 has pointed out, the article does not quote Dina saying this. However the paragraph is followed by a direct quote from Dina, "I never had an opportunity to ask what happened." said Shacknai. Dina's claims have always been either Rebecca or XZ killed Max because they were allegedly the two at the mansion. Imo, not including XZ is highly unusual.

Read it all again. This does not say WHEN they reported it to police - they reported it AFTER they contacted Anne Bremner. There is another quote right after yours that says so.

BBM -

Exactly! Come on LuckyLucy2, the article does not say who contacted who first. Anne could have contacted the bicyclist after getting there names from LE. The article does not say when the bicyclist first had contact with Anne. We simply don't know. It is your opinion the passerby contacted Anne before LE. Maybe someday we will find out.

Snip -

A passerby did notice a woman at the house that night and reported it to police following Zahau's death July 13. But that witness's description of the woman does not match that of Nina Romano, according to Zahau family attorney Anne Bremner.

In a series of emails and interviews with News 8, Bremner said the witness now believes the woman he saw was Nina's sister, Dina Shacknai.

"The witness sent me a picture of Dina and said it was Dina," according to Bremner, who said the witness was riding a bicycle by the home at approximately 10:20 p.m. on July 12.

"He was going by and saw somebody with a large, black bag trying to get in the front door and looking around and going to the back of the house," Bremner said. "She was 40 to 50 years, 5'5", 170 to 190 lbs., long dark hair; wearing a black and white striped short sleeve shirt," said Bremner.

"He is positive it (was) Dina and she was acting very suspiciously," Bremner wrote. "He has seen subsequent news reports that said Nina was out front and he said that's not the person he saw."

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15982091/e...mansion-deaths

Snip from article -

Shacknai lost her six-year-old son Max after a tragic fall inside his father Jonah's Coronado mansion in July 2011. The only person there at the time was Rebecca Zahau, Johah's girlfriend--who just days after Max's death was found nude, bound and hanging from the mansion's second-story balcony.

"I never had the opportunity to ask what happened," said Shacknai.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...preckels-Mansion-291021201.html#ixzz3QyQiCtIy
------
The focus of the interview is not solely on Dina and the WDS. The Feb. 7th interview is a combination of Dina denying the WDS claims along with some discussion of Maxie's death. If the interview had not mentioned Max there would no reason to bring up XZ.

In Dina's past interviews when asked who was there at the time, Dina has always said Rebecca and XZ. It is unusual for Dina to leave out XZ. The only person there at the time was Rebecca, is not even factual. XZ made the 911 call. LL2 has pointed out, the article does not quote Dina saying this. However the paragraph is followed by a direct quote from Dina, "I never had an opportunity to ask what happened." said Shacknai. Dina's claims have always been either Rebecca or XZ killed Max because they were allegedly the two at the mansion. Imo, not including XZ is highly unusual.

Dina did not say that "only Rebecca Zahau was there at the time of Max's accidenting". That was the reporter, who likely got that from the Zahau lawyer, who had to get his two cents in. To keep saying Dina said this over and over is simlply wrong - she never said that in this interview.

Totally agree with you. The kitty cats are out in full force trying to get info on how to defend Dina and Nina in court. Must be running scared as HE77.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Can't wait to see Dina behind bars. :jail:

Don't know exactly what you are referring to here, but if the Max supporters are kitties, does that mean the Zahau supporters are dogs?

If anyone is running scared, it is the Zahau camp as they know the case will be thrown out in October and they will be paying the court cost of all three defendents, plus damages.

Still waiting on a link Bourne, or were you just trying to change the subject from all the talk of Rebecca's murder of Max Shacknai?

BBM. I'm impressed with your knowledge of this case. I've forgotten many of the details.

The point of doing a "tug hitch" is because just one end can be pulled to undo it. I wonder if RZ was hoping she would be found in time but she didn't have the strength to undo it herself?

JMO

What I find interesting is that if you go back and read the early threads, when the first photos of Rebecca's binding came out, everyone was commenting how they were loosely tied and not professional at all - done very in a very haphazerd way. I believe it is in thread 3 of the first threads. It is funny how now they have become "too complicated for anyone but a Tug Boat Captain to tie".

Dina did not say that "only Rebecca Zahau was there at the time of Max's accidenting". That was the reporter, who likely got that from the Zahau lawyer, who had to get his two cents in. To keep saying Dina said this over and over is simlply wrong - she never said that in this interview.

Respectfully, please read my post to MyBelle again. I commented that you pointed out Dina was not quoted saying only Rebecca was there, not in this particular article. I have no problem owning my errors. Thank you for help.

Imho, the reason XZ wasn't mentioned (perhaps it was, then cut before it was aired?) is because a protective order has been issued? I bettcha that's the case. It wouldn't be the first order placed against Dina, that's for sure!!!

Oh and I'm betting Adam will attempt to settle this case. :drumroll:

No, it is simply what the Zahaus are trying to get the public to believe. But why? It is very curious that little Max had played in that hallway for years with no accidents. Funny, the first morning XZ is there he is accidented, and then XZ is whisked out of town as quickly as possible. why???? and why do the Zahaus want to hide the fact she was there?

Adam will NEVER settle in this case. I'm sure he is more than upset by the way the Zahaus have done him and his family. Adam did his best to SAVE Zahau, and the Zahaus have tormented him ever since. No, IMO, it would be a cold day in hell before they see a dime from Adam Shacknai.

Could we stay on topic in here, please? This thread is for discussion about the wrongful death civil lawsuit of Rebecca Zahau. There is a thread for discussion about theories about Max's death, but that's not this thread. That thread is currently locked by moderators, but perhaps they will unlock it if you ask.

The continued posts about Max's death, and theories and accusations about his death, derails the productive conversation here about the wrongful death civil lawsuit.

The minute order (#104 on the San Diego ROA) to officially add Dina Shacknai's 2 new Arizona attorneys (Rake and Benchoff) to the state case can be viewed here:

https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/face...A-104_02-20-15_Minute_Order_1424980921089.pdf

The list of attorneys for this case now outnumbers the plaintiffs and defendants 2:1. Just an interesting observation. Everyone should have all the attorneys they think they need, IMO. Especially in a case like this one.

Rebecca's suicide came only 40 hours after Max's fatal accident. The two are forever linked.

Dina, Nina, and Adam may use Max's accident and Rebecca's part in it as proof of suicide. They have the right to defend themselves, and IMO, Rebecca and her sisters involvement in Max's injuries are the main motive for her suicide.

I believe they will use this, plus all of the physical evidence discovered by LE to defend themselves, should it go to a jury. But I don't think that will ever happen. Maybe when pigs fly.

Rebecca's suicide came only 40 hours after Max's fatal accident. The two are forever linked.

Dina, Nina, and Adam may use Max's accident and Rebecca's part in it as proof of suicide. They have the right to defend themselves, and IMO, Rebecca and her sisters involvement in Max's injuries are the main motive for her suicide.

I believe they will use this, plus all of the physical evidence discovered by LE to defend themselves, should it go to a jury. But I don't think that will ever happen. Maybe when pigs fly.

So I'm curious, why did Dina let the accident findings stand? Why didn't she sue to get it investigated further. I know it's been stated in the past that she didn't because Rebecca died. It was also mentioned she settled her suit against Jonah (hmmm, money was good enough for her?). If she felt so strongly, she should have continued the fight. I know I would have. Instead, now she focuses on it as a rationale. Doesn't make sense to me.

She did not settle her case with Jonah. <mod snip> If the case had been settled, it would say so. The last I saw, Dina had filed a Motion Against Dismissal. So perhaps that case isn't quite over just yet.

Rebecca took all the answers about what happened with her. XZ was whisked away quickly, so the Child Protective Services never got to speak with either of them. So who is there to prosecute? No one, because Rebecca took her own life 40 hours after the incident.

I commend Dina for at least trying to make Jonah accountable for leaving Max alone with Rebecca "and another Zahau family member", after he had agreed not to. What did Dina know about Rebecca and "another Zahau family member" to warrent those instructions?

Here is the latest on Dina's case against Jonah. It has not been settled.

4/10/2015 10:30 Pre-Trial Conference
10/30/2015 9:00 Pre-Trial Conference

Judgments - There are no judgments on file

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CivilCourtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CV2013-009289

Thank you. I thought I read a number of threads back that this suit was settled. I'm actually glad that it hasn't. I think there are still unanswered questions as to who was there at the time of the accident, as well as why Dina was late to pick Max up and MIA for hours after the accident. IMO, this is relevant because it has an impact on motive for a murder. Given the timelines, my opinion is that timing doesn't work for this to be a suicide. No way do I believe just one contact by the police (if it happened) was enough to spark a suicide. Particularly when medical results supposedly communicated were not dire as of yet, according to Dina/Nina.

Imho, the reason XZ wasn't mentioned (perhaps it was, then cut before it was aired?) is because a protective order has been issued? I bettcha that's the case. It wouldn't be the first order placed against Dina, that's for sure!!!

Oh and I'm betting Adam will attempt to settle this case. :drumroll:

I agree. Only reason the melodrama-crazed, volatile, short-fused Dina is keeping her big mouth shut about XZ is because she was ORDERED to by a judge. Or her lawyers advised her to keep her big fat mouth shut because she's accusing a CHILD of murdering another child and that would look bad when the Zahau's WDS/trial proceeds.

I also agree that Adam, with the legal guidance of Jonah, will fold first. Looking forward to all the dirt both of these men have on Dina. Sayonara Dina.:jail: Finally Rebecca & her family are getting the justice they deserve. AMEN.

BBM -

Exactly! Come on LuckyLucy2, the article does not say who contacted who first. Anne could have contacted the bicyclist after getting there names from LE. The article does not say when the bicyclist first had contact with Anne. We simply don't know. It is your opinion the passerby contacted Anne before LE. Maybe someday we will find out.

Snip -

A passerby did notice a woman at the house that night and reported it to police following Zahau's death July 13. But that witness's description of the woman does not match that of Nina Romano, according to Zahau family attorney Anne Bremner.

In a series of emails and interviews with News 8, Bremner said the witness now believes the woman he saw was Nina's sister, Dina Shacknai.

"The witness sent me a picture of Dina and said it was Dina," according to Bremner, who said the witness was riding a bicycle by the home at approximately 10:20 p.m. on July 12.

"He was going by and saw somebody with a large, black bag trying to get in the front door and looking around and going to the back of the house," Bremner said. "She was 40 to 50 years, 5'5", 170 to 190 lbs., long dark hair; wearing a black and white striped short sleeve shirt," said Bremner.

"He is positive it (was) Dina and she was acting very suspiciously," Bremner wrote. "He has seen subsequent news reports that said Nina was out front and he said that's not the person he saw."

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15982091/e...mansion-deaths

Excellent! Thanks for retrieving this cbs8 story that impartial family of bicyclists EYEWITNESSED DINA at the Spreckels mansion carrying a huge black bag lurking in the dark night about 10:20pm and acting bizarrely. IMPARTIAL family unrelated to either Zahaus or Shacknais or Romanos PHYSICALLY SAW DINA at the home where Rebecca is later found to be hanged, with Rebecca's hands tied behind her back, legs tied, duct tape residue on her legs, t-shirt gagged and stuffed in her mouth, noose around her neck tied in complex sailor knot, nude, crazy words "SHE SAVED HIM CAN YOU SAVE HER" painted in black in the third person on a bedroom door leading to the balcony where Rebecca was hung, etc.

The bicyclist family had NO reason, NO motive to lie about people they don't even know! Again Dina was seen by this impartial, unbiased bicyclist family so Dina had OPPORTUNITY, as well as MOTIVE (her one and only biological son from Jonah was BRAINDEAD in accident which Dina still to this day BLAMES Rebecca for), and MEANS (Dina grew up sailing so it's no stretch to believe that she knew exactly how to tie nautical knots).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome