Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MyBelle

"Max's fall and who was with him at the time will be the total focus of the defense of all three individuals. They will not only put RZ's character on trial, I think they will assassinate it. "

Respectfully snipped & BBM.

With all due respect, even if Rebecca torpedoed Max off down the stairs (Dina's unfounded accusation), this still isn't a defense for murdering Rebecca. She could be a horrible person but that still doesn't excuse murder. This only strengthens the motive for revenge murder by Dina/Nina/Adam. I hope they have a better defense then this.

I agree. Character assassination as a defense strategy is like a "Wild West" defense-- "she was a bad person and needed killing." Or, as in the Cellblock Tango from Chicago, "she had it coming." I'm pretty doubtful they will use that as a defense strategy, but who knows? Depending on alibis and evidence, MyBelle may be right. Character assassination may be all they have as a defense strategy. It has certainly been the strategy Dina has been using thus far. IMO.

MyBelle

"Max's fall and who was with him at the time will be the total focus of the defense of all three individuals. They will not only put RZ's character on trial, I think they will assassinate it. "

Respectfully snipped & BBM.

With all due respect, even if Rebecca torpedoed Max off down the stairs (Dina's unfounded accusation), this still isn't a defense for murdering Rebecca. She could be a horrible person but that still doesn't excuse murder. This only strengthens the motive for revenge murder by Dina/Nina/Adam. I hope they have a better defense then this.

The defense can use any defense they like in a wrongful death lawsuit. The Plaintiff has to prove the three caused RZ's death and the defense is going to prove RZ caused her own death. They will receive a lot of help from law enforcement who were also sued by the Plaintiffs.

JMO

No, it is simply what the Zahaus are trying to get the public to believe. But why? It is very curious that little Max had played in that hallway for years with no accidents. Funny, the first morning XZ is there he is accidented, and then XZ is whisked out of town as quickly as possible. why???? and why do the Zahaus want to hide the fact she was there?

Adam will NEVER settle in this case. I'm sure he is more than upset by the way the Zahaus have done him and his family. Adam did his best to SAVE Zahau, and the Zahaus have tormented him ever since. No, IMO, it would be a cold day in hell before they see a dime from Adam Shacknai.
LuckyLu2, I noticed your comment, "No, IMO, it would be a cold day in hell before they see a dim from Adam Shacknai"....
Doesn't that defeat your claim of a $1 suit vs a $10 million dollar suit? If you are sure of what you believe....then the amounts are a mute point, right?
Afterall, anyone could come up with a dollar to settle a case, but $10 million is significant. For instance, if I managed to send you $1 dollar to quit posting, you would probably ignore me. But, if I offered you $10 million to stop posting, you might consider my proposal??? Just pointing out, the larger the amount in contention, the more one has to consider the offer.

She did not settle her case with Jonah. <mod snip> If the case had been settled, it would say so. The last I saw, Dina had filed a Motion Against Dismissal. So perhaps that case isn't quite over just yet.

Rebecca took all the answers about what happened with her. XZ was whisked away quickly, so the Child Protective Services never got to speak with either of them. So who is there to prosecute? No one, because Rebecca took her own life 40 hours after the incident.

I commend Dina for at least trying to make Jonah accountable for leaving Max alone with Rebecca "and another Zahau family member", after he had agreed not to. What did Dina know about Rebecca and "another Zahau family member" to warrent those instructions?

bbm and enlarged by me:
Lulu2, I don't believe that "flying out of state" would stop an investigation by Child Protective Services (ie CPS)..as a matter of fact, I think a CPS investigation would not be deterred in any way. But, heck I am dumbfounded by how many pieces of evidence and witnesses were not looked at more closely, from day one. Other than the LDT "portions of Adam's explanations" a whole lot of things seem to be left to the imaginations of the public. In all earnest, Why do you think so many questions are left unanswered? I truly wanted to believe Nina never left the hospital or the G street house to try and meet up with Rebecca. (having been in a similar situation) So, her admission of being there, at the mansion, so close to the time "screams were heard" really had me asking questions. Just gotta admit, that interview really had me beginning to wonder what else might have occurred.....

bbm and enlarged by me:
Lulu2, I don't believe that "flying out of state" would stop an investigation by Child Protective Services (ie CPS)..as a matter of fact, I think a CPS investigation would not be deterred in any way. But, heck I am dumbfounded by how many pieces of evidence and witnesses were not looked at more closely, from day one. Other than the LDT "portions of Adam's explanations" a whole lot of things seem to be left to the imaginations of the public. In all earnest, Why do you think so many questions are left unanswered? I truly wanted to believe Nina never left the hospital or the G street house to try and meet up with Rebecca. (having been in a similar situation) So, her admission of being there, at the mansion, so close to the time "screams were heard" really had me asking questions. Just gotta admit, that interview really had me beginning to wonder what else might have occurred.....

CPS isn't an interstate agency so no, they usually do not cross state lines. CPS in another state will only get involved in such an instance if LE asks them to. XZ resided in another state so CPS would have closed the case when Max died because there were no other Shacknai children residing in California.

As for the screams, if they were heard, why didn't someone phone 911 immediately and report them? Why wouldn't Nina admit she went to the house if she really went to the house? No reason to lie about it or withhold it if she is innocent.

JMO

I don't understand, if Rebecca was such a terrible person, why would she be moved to commit suicide?

I wouldn't think a terrible person would be prone to that much guilt.

CPS isn't an interstate agency so no, they usually do not cross state lines. CPS in another state will only get involved in such an instance if LE asks them to. XZ resided in another state so CPS would have closed the case when Max died because there were no other Shacknai children residing in California.

As for the screams, if they were heard, why didn't someone phone 911 immediately and report them? Why wouldn't Nina admit she went to the house if she really went to the house? No reason to lie about it or withhold it if she is innocent.

JMO

MYBELLE, I thought about it..."why wouldn't Nina admit she went to the house if she really went to the house?" and of course, it could have been an "innocent jaunt, late at night" OR, "she said it in order to cover up for her sister." Nina never says that the bicycle rider DIDN'T SEE A WOMAN PACING IN FRONT OF THE MANSION, instead she only states that the bicycler confused her for her twin. If that is the case, then Nina is not correct about the time she walked to the mansion (or she made two trips and neglected to relay that info?) because her timeline and that of the bicycle rider do not match. (off by 40 minutes) The sighting "of the woman in a white and black striped top" do not match the outfit Nina said she was wearing, nor does a large black purse look like a pink Coach w-r-i-s-t-l-e-t and a woman with long black hair does not look like a woman with shoulder length blonde hair. Nor do I believe a person "so intent on asking questions and disturbed by her nephew's condition"....would just walk "right back home and go to bed." It just seems that so much effort was put into getting to the mansion, and then (paraphrasing by me) "Oh well, I think I'll just go back home and go to bed." It sounds like a major "disconnect" or "distancing" of the events. Who says, I looked through the gate, "but didn't touch it?" Doesn't that seem like an odd statement for her to make? It is actually an odd statement for anyone to make...kind of like, I rang the doorbell, but I didn't touch the door....irrelevant additions to
unverifiable events.
Irrelevant admissions always sounds like someone wanting to distract the listener away from the facts. Anyway, thank you for your insight, good night, kiddo. IQuestion a lot!

MYBELLE, I thought about it..."why wouldn't Nina admit she went to the house if she really went to the house?" and of course, it could have been an "innocent jaunt, late at night" OR, "she said it in order to cover up for her sister." Nina never says that the bicycle rider DIDN'T SEE A WOMAN PACING IN FRONT OF THE MANSION, instead she only states that the bicycler confused her for her twin. If that is the case, then Nina is not correct about the time she walked to the mansion (or she made two trips and neglected to relay that info?) because her timeline and that of the bicycle rider do not match. (off by 40 minutes) The sighting "of the woman in a white and black striped top" do not match the outfit Nina said she was wearing, nor does a large black purse look like a pink Coach w-r-i-s-t-l-e-t and a woman with long black hair does not look like a woman with shoulder length blonde hair. Nor do I believe a person "so intent on asking questions and disturbed by her nephew's condition"....would just walk "right back home and go to bed." It just seems that so much effort was put into getting to the mansion, and then (paraphrasing by me) "Oh well, I think I'll just go back home and go to bed." It sounds like a major "disconnect" or "distancing" of the events. Who says, I looked through the gate, "but didn't touch it?" Doesn't that seem like an odd statement for her to make? It is actually an odd statement for anyone to make...kind of like, I rang the doorbell, but I didn't touch the door....irrelevant additions to
unverifiable events.
Irrelevant admissions always sounds like someone wanting to distract the listener away from the facts. Anyway, thank you for your insight, good night, kiddo. IQuestion a lot!

Nina put herself at the mansion but I don't recall that she said she went right back home and went to bed. But even if she did say it, there are probably witnesses and phone calls to confirm where she was. I doubt she turned off her phone or failed to keep in touch with Dina about Max's condition as well as with other family members.

She may have been asked by LE to describe in detail what she did, how long she was there and if she heard or touched anything. As far as some witness on a bicycle, witnesses are notorious for mis-identification or inserting themselves in high profile cases just to get attention. While he might think he saw Dina, I find that suspicious because at the time he saw the person, she was a stranger and he only recalled his memory after the media had published her photo. I also doubt he saw her face because the person would not have been looking at him, she would have been focused on the house.

I think it will come down to either Max's medical records notes or phone records confirm Dina's alibi.

JMO

I don't understand, if Rebecca was such a terrible person, why would she be moved to commit suicide?

I wouldn't think a terrible person would be prone to that much guilt.

Terrible people do kill themselves rather than go to prison for the rest of their life.

LuckyLu2, I noticed your comment, "No, IMO, it would be a cold day in hell before they see a dim from Adam Shacknai"....
Doesn't that defeat your claim of a $1 suit vs a $10 million dollar suit? If you are sure of what you believe....then the amounts are a mute point, right?
Afterall, anyone could come up with a dollar to settle a case, but $10 million is significant. For instance, if I managed to send you $1 dollar to quit posting, you would probably ignore me. But, if I offered you $10 million to stop posting, you might consider my proposal??? Just pointing out, the larger the amount in contention, the more one has to consider the offer.

Somebody with little to no assets isn't going to settle because there is no incentive to do so.

JMO

Somebody with little to no assets isn't going to settle because there is no incentive to do so.

JMO

If Adam has little to no assets, then how can he afford to be represented by Winston & Strawn, ranked the 49th most prestigious law firm in the US?
http://www.vault.com/rankings-reviews/company-rankings/law/vault-law-100.aspx?pg=2

The hourly billing rate for Adam's lead attorney, a partner in the firm (http://www.winston.com/en/who-we-are/attorneys/adkins-robb-c.html), runs between a low of $475 and a high of $1075 (that was for the year 2010).
www.americanlegalsearch.com/ResourceFile/Firm_rates.xls

One will remember it was Winston & Strawn that sent out the infamous Cease and Desist letter to the Zahau family's attorney on Jonah's behalf.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...friend-warns-he-might-sue-her-familys-lawyer/

Bottom line: IMO it's beyond obvious it's Adam's brother JS who is not only footing the bill, it's JS who is calling the shots. And IMO JS would sell the proverbial farm (although he wouldn't need to) in order to make this all go away by settling.

If Adam has little to no assets, then how can he afford to be represented by Winston & Strawn, ranked the 49th most prestigious law firm in the US?
http://www.vault.com/rankings-reviews/company-rankings/law/vault-law-100.aspx?pg=2

The hourly billing rate for Adam's lead attorney, a partner in the firm (http://www.winston.com/en/who-we-are/attorneys/adkins-robb-c.html), runs between a low of $475 and a high of $1075 (that was for the year 2010).
www.americanlegalsearch.com/ResourceFile/Firm_rates.xls

One will remember it was Winston & Strawn that sent out the infamous Cease and Desist letter to the Zahau family's attorney on Jonah's behalf.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...friend-warns-he-might-sue-her-familys-lawyer/

Bottom line: IMO it's beyond obvious it's Adam's brother JS who is not only footing the bill, it's JS who is calling the shots. And IMO JS would sell the proverbial farm (although he wouldn't need to) in order to make this all go away by settling.

Settling would give the appearance he is admitting he is responsible for conspiracy and commission of murder and there is no statute of limitations on homicide so, no, none of them is going to settle, imo.

JS is allowed to foot the legal bill with his own assets but why would he settle using his assets? That doesn't make sense. If Adam "wins" and I think he will, the Plaintiff's could be ordered to reimburse his legal expenses and court fees.

JMO

Settling would give the appearance he is admitting he is responsible for conspiracy and commission of murder and there is no statute of limitations on homicide so, no, none of them is going to settle, imo.

JS is allowed to foot the legal bill with his own assets but why would he settle using his assets? That doesn't make sense. If Adam "wins" and I think he will, the Plaintiff's could be ordered to reimburse his legal expenses and court fees.

JMO

No it doesn't. Settling by one of the POIs just means they want to disassociate and distance themselves from other plaintiffs because they believe and/or have info that the other POIs murdered Rebecca.

I'm certain that push comes to shove, Jonah will be more than willing to give all the dirt he has on Dina and her stalking/violent/hateful behaviors towards Rebecca. Jonah will save his brother Adam.

Jonah has NO LOVE for Dina. She best get that fact into her thick head. He's not going to "rescue" Dina just because she wants and fantasizes that he will. No Dina. He is NOT going to save you. He would have saved Rebecca but for the fact that he was sitting vigil by his son Max's side while you went about in your uncontrollable narcissistic rage against Rebecca.

O

I said that if the "true reason" the Zahaus filed was NOT to make money, but to "find out what happened to Rebecca", they should have made the case for $1, so they didn't look like they were just out for money, which they do now, IMO.

Adam would not settle for $1. He did nothing except try to SAVE Rebecca Zahau.

IMO, Dina should be asking Jonah about his older children's involvement regarding Max's accident, one of them in particular........they were both there at Spreckels that morning, and so was Jonah.

It has been reported in MSM where Jonah was, at the gym, and where his other children were, on a flight home. IMO, you have been given very false information.

I agree. Only reason the melodrama-crazed, volatile, short-fused Dina is keeping her big mouth shut about XZ is because she was ORDERED to by a judge. Or her lawyers advised her to keep her big fat mouth shut because she's accusing a CHILD of murdering another child and that would look bad when the Zahau's WDS/trial proceeds.

I also agree that Adam, with the legal guidance of Jonah, will fold first. Looking forward to all the dirt both of these men have on Dina. Sayonara Dina.:jail: Finally Rebecca & her family are getting the justice they deserve. AMEN.

And after Adam settles I bet Nina will too.

It has been reported in MSM where Jonah was, at the gym, and where his other children were, on a flight home. IMO, you have been given very false information.

Hello LuLu, hope you are enjoying this lovely sunshiny day! In a post preceding this latest^ you mentioned the guesthouse concrete walls are 12" thick. Well, actually you stated 12' thick, anyways how do you know this to be fact? TIA

IIRC, there was a soft/editorial piece done that indicated Jonah was at the gym. And also IIFC, it was done by a writer who had formerly done promotional material for Medicis, Jonah's company. I don't recall, however, that any legitimate reporter or SDSO official gave any information on where Jonah was at the time.

I don't want to get too far off track as to what this thread is about - which is the wrongful death suit either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo