Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have looked for any link that you may have taken this information from. Yes, I find where Jonah is confirmed at the hospital but cannot find anything on Dina. Where could I find this confirmation where Dina was? The only information from SDSO was that Dina's phone was triangulated as being at the hospital - but that's her phone - not physically locating Dina. Thank you.

Confirmation that satisfied law enforcement, satisfies me. I think Jonah would notice if Dina was missing from his son's bedside since he was right there.

JMO

IMO, the fact that Jonah moved out of the house on East Caballo Drive that he shared with Dina around Christmas time, into the mansion he built on North Foothills Drive South while Dina was visiting her mother with Max speaks volumes about he was so done with her then.

I agree, Jonah's actions do speak volumes and I have no doubt that Max's fall marked his being done with RZ.

I agree. The fact that JS refused to sleep at home and preferred a hotel even though the hospital was only 10 or so miles away speaks volumes. It wasn't just a police investigation she feared, it was the fact that Jonah was rejecting her. I do wonder if she expressed this in the many phone calls to her sister.

Perhaps Jonah will testify in this trial about what he said in that missing message.

JMO

Respectfully, the distance from the mansion to RCH is only 10ish miles, BUT...a local knows that during certain times of day, it's a long and slow 10 miles. I would not put the Coronado Bridge between myself and my hospitalized child if avoidable! The necessary route could take an hour during high traffic times, I've sat at the summit of the bridge (spectacular view, btw) for 30+ minutes myself. :-/

Confirmation that satisfied law enforcement, satisfies me. I think Jonah would notice if Dina was missing from his son's bedside since he was right there.

JMO
That's fine you are satisfied. But, please, where are you getting that specific information that LE determined that Dina was with Jonah the night Rebecca died? I'm not trying to be difficult, I simply do not understand where LE referenced anything specific to determine that - other than Gore's awkward answer in the press conference stating Dina's phone triangulation put her at the hospital. Are you speaking in general terms only perhaps?

That's fine you are satisfied. But, please, where are you getting that specific information that LE determined that Dina was with Jonah the night Rebecca died? I'm not trying to be difficult, I simply do not understand where LE referenced anything specific to determine that - other than Gore's awkward answer in the press conference stating Dina's phone triangulation put her at the hospital. Are you speaking in general terms only perhaps?

LE never said they were with each other but were at the same place. In separate interviews with investigators, Dina and Jonah placed themselves at the HOSPITAL at the same time and cell phone records confirmed it.

JMO

Another confusion about this case:

IIRC, when each of the players were accounting for their whereabouts the evening/night RZ died, their focus seemed to have been on accounting for their time on the evening of the 12th, not the early morning hours of the 13th.

Later on the ME reported his estimated time of death at ~3am, IIRC. It's as though the ME declared ~3am time of death was a surprise to the players as well. But how could the ME be sure about the time of death when there was such a delay in getting to her after having been reported hanging?

Did the Zs address anything about the time of death in the WDS paperwork? TIA

ETA: Or, time the Zs suspect an assault took place? TIA

Respectfully, the distance from the mansion to RCH is only 10ish miles, BUT...a local knows that during certain times of day, it's a long and slow 10 miles. I would not put the Coronado Bridge between myself and my hospitalized child if avoidable! The necessary route could take an hour during high traffic times, I've sat at the summit of the bridge (spectacular view, btw) for 30+ minutes myself. :-/

Jonah could have asked Rebecca to come and stay at the hotel or RMH with him, but did not. Jonah is a very smart man, and IMO, knew Rebecca's multiple stories about Max's accident were not adding up. I still believe he told he to move out of the mansion in that late night call she deleted, before she jumped off the balcony nude.

You are missing my point which was both Dina and Jonah were interviewed by different investigators and they confirmed each other's alibis as to the times they were at the hospital. Dina arrived at the hospital at 10 PM on July 12 and that is the time Jonah left. One or both of them was always at the hospital and they were both at the Hospital at 10:20 PM when the witness claims he saw Dina in Coronado. They confirmed each other's alibi and the phone records confirmed it because the Sheriff did clear both Dina and Jonah.

JMO

I haven't read through the rest of the thread yet, so forgive me if this has been covered already, but IIRC, three different times were given for DS's return to the hospital. I'll have to look through all the old warrants, but I believe the differing times were provided by DS, JS and NR *or* perhaps DS, JS and then JS again in a second interview. Does anyone have that info handy? The different times were hours apart.

Also, IIRC, the Sheriff specifically stated DS's whereabouts were established by cell phone location, placing her cell phone in the general vicinity of Rady, and that her image was not captured on video that evening.

All of the above is just my opinion.

Jonah could have asked Rebecca to come and stay at the hotel or RMH with him, but did not. Jonah is a very smart man, and IMO, knew Rebecca's multiple stories about Max's accident were not adding up. I still believe he told he to move out of the mansion in that late night call she deleted, before she jumped off the balcony nude.

Or he could have asked her to stay at the mansion, deal with the dog, get her sister on a plane, and/or take care of other necessary tasks. Or she could have opted to do so independently. He could have asked her to stay at the hotel and she declined. There are infinite "could have"s here, kwim?

I imagine the traffic can be a nightmare. But traffic didn't seem to be the reason Jonah chose not to sleep in Coronado because he did go to Coronado to shower and get clean clothes according to the search warrant. At 1:55 AM he left Coronado and headed back to Ronald McDonald House to sleep. Finding it full, he then chose to get a room at the Homestead Hotel rather than return home.

JMO

I imagine the traffic can be a nightmare. But traffic didn't seem to be the reason Jonah chose not to sleep in Coronado because he did go to Coronado to shower and get clean clothes according to the search warrant. At 1:55 AM he left Coronado and headed back to Ronald McDonald House to sleep. Finding it full, he then chose to get a room at the Homestead Hotel rather than return home.

JMO

People who live here, or other large cities, would understand this. 1:55 AM would be a relatively traffic free time to travel that route, no biggie. By choosing to stay near Rady for the remainder of the night, he protected himself from the coming morning rush hour. If urgent news came from the hospital during rush hour, Jonah could have found himself powerless to get to Max quickly. No bueno.

I can't claim knowledge of his reasoning, but timing movement based on traffic patterns is second nature to city dwellers, imo.

I haven't read through the rest of the thread yet, so forgive me if this has been covered already, but IIRC, three different times were given for DS's return to the hospital. I'll have to look through all the old warrants, but I believe the differing times were provided by DS, JS and NR *or* perhaps DS, JS and then JS again in a second interview. Does anyone have that info handy? The different times were hours apart.

Also, IIRC, the Sheriff specifically stated DS's whereabouts were established by cell phone location, placing her cell phone in the general vicinity of Rady, and that her image was not captured on video that evening.

The times on this search warrant appeared to have been supplied by Jonah Shacknai when he was re-interviewed on July 15, 2011. It is obvious that the parents were committed having at least one of them with Max at all times.

"He said on July 11, 2011, he was at the hospital with son, Maxfield. He went to his residence in Coronado later that evening to shower and pack a change of clothes. He returned to the Ronald McDonald House, across the street from Rady's Children's Hospital, at about 0155 hours, but they were at full capacity so he got a hotel at the Homestead Inn for the night. He returned to the hospital on July 12, 2011, around 0530-0600. His ex-wife, Dina Shacknai, was at the hospital when he arrived. Dina left and went to her residence in Coronado to gets some sleep."

"Dina returned to the hospital on July 12, 2011, at about 1800 hours. Rebecca and Adam came to the hospital to pick up Jonah and his friend, Howard. They left the hospital, dropped off Howard at the airport then went to eat some dinner. Jonah returned to the hospital around 2000 hours and Dina was still there. Rebecca and Adam returned to the residence in Coronado. (Jonah) left the hospital around 0100 hours and went to Ronald McDonald House. Dina stayed at the hospital. (Jonah) returned to the hospital on July 13, 2011 at about 0700 hours and Dina was still there"

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/warrant_11-164.pdf[/QUOTE]

People who live here, or other large cities, would understand this. 1:55 AM would be a relatively traffic free time to travel that route, no biggie. By choosing to stay near Rady for the remainder of the night, he protected himself from the coming morning rush hour. If urgent news came from the hospital during rush hour, Jonah could have found himself powerless to get to Max quickly. No bueno.

I can't claim knowledge of his reasoning, but timing movement based on traffic patterns is second nature to city dwellers, imo.

Sure it is. I'm a city dweller and I'm pretty sure rush hour doesn't start at 5:30 or even 6 AM which is when Jonah told police he returned to the Hospital.

He returned to the hospital on July 12, 2011, around 0530-0600. His ex-wife, Dina Shacknai was at the hospital when he arrived. Dinah left and went to her residence in Coronado to get some sleep..

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/warrant_11-164.pdf

Or he could have asked her to stay at the mansion, deal with the dog, get her sister on a plane, and/or take care of other necessary tasks. Or she could have opted to do so independently. He could have asked her to stay at the hotel and she declined. There are infinite "could have"s here, kwim?

He went to the Ronald McDonald House at 2 AM rather than sleep at his own home. Even though they were full, he still opted for a hotel rather than return to his home. It is what it is.

JMO

The times on this search warrant appeared to have been supplied by Jonah Shacknai when he was re-interviewed on July 15, 2011. It is obvious that the parents were committed having at least one of them with Max at all times.

"He said on July 11, 2011, he was at the hospital with son, Maxfield. He went to his residence in Coronado later that evening to shower and pack a change of clothes. He returned to the Ronald McDonald House, across the street from Rady's Children's Hospital, at about 0155 hours, but they were at full capacity so he got a hotel at the Homestead Inn for the night. He returned to the hospital on July 12, 2011, around 0530-0600. His ex-wife, Dina Shacknai, was at the hospital when he arrived. Dina left and went to her residence in Coronado to gets some sleep."

"Dina returned to the hospital on July 12, 2011, at about 1800 hours. Rebecca and Adam came to the hospital to pick up Jonah and his friend, Howard. They left the hospital, dropped off Howard at the airport then went to eat some dinner. Jonah returned to the hospital around 2000 hours and Dina was still there. Rebecca and Adam returned to the residence in Coronado. (Jonah) left the hospital around 0100 hours and went to Ronald McDonald House. Dina stayed at the hospital. (Jonah) returned to the hospital on July 13, 2011 at about 0700 hours and Dina was still there"

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for finding this. It contains one of three conflicting arrival times for DS that I was referring to. In this interview, the time of 6:00pm was provided. I'll need to search for the other two arrival times provided. Something like 4:00pm and 8:00pm. Anybody else have these handy? IIRC, the conflicting arrival times for DS were provided by DS, JS and NR, or DS/NR and JS's two interviews.

Thanks for finding this. It contains one of three conflicting arrival times for DS that I was referring to. In this interview, the time of 6:00pm was provided. I'll need to search for the other two arrival times provided. Something like 4:00pm and 8:00pm. Anybody else have these handy? IIRC, the conflicting arrival times for DS were provided by DS, JS and NR, or DS/NR and JS's two interviews.

All of the above is just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

The link I provided is from JS second interview and the times he gave for Dina. I don't know that Nina would have been aware of her sister's arrival times if she wasn't with her. The purpose of the search warrant was to determine if their cell phones corroborated their statements. Apparently, they did to the satisfaction of LE.

JMO

Sure it is. I'm a city dweller and I'm pretty sure rush hour doesn't start at 5:30 or even 6 AM which is when Jonah told police he returned to the Hospital.

He returned to the hospital on July 12, 2011, around 0530-0600. His ex-wife, Dina Shacknai was at the hospital when he arrived. Dinah left and went to her residence in Coronado to get some sleep..

Unfortunately, traffic in this area is significantly affected by the naval base in Coronado. Indeed, traffic *does* get thick starting around 530-6 AM. It sounds like this is abnormally early compared to other cities, I guess I've gotten used to it.

Unfortunately, traffic in this area is significantly affected by the naval base in Coronado. Indeed, traffic *does* get thick starting around 530-6 AM. It sounds like this is abnormally early compared to other cities, I guess I've gotten used to it.

Yes, it is abnormally early. I think the Judge and jury will be familiar with traffic patterns.

Locals posting on this forum are saying even 7 AM is on the light side. Jonah told police he returned to the Hospital between, 5:30 and 6 AM.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-diego/2085217-what-time-considered-rush-hour-san.html

BBM. So do I and who could blame him? It was a totally senseless, easily preventable fall.

JMO

Yes, it is abnormally early. I think the Judge and jury will be familiar with traffic patterns.

Locals posting on this forum are saying even 7 AM is on the light side. Jonah told police he returned to the Hospital between, 5:30 and 6 AM.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-diego/2085217-what-time-considered-rush-hour-san.html

Locals on that forum are referring to North County SD, a whole different deal than Coronado/Kearny Mesa areas of SD, which are relevant to this case. North county is 30+ miles away. Just FYI.

And I agree that if the judge and jury think the traffic is relevant, they will know all about it. The reason for my post was to offer a local perspective on why a person would stage tethemselves in a certain way geographically around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214