DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ann Rule writes novellas.

definition for novellas

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/novella

plural novellas : a work of fiction intermediate in length and complexity between a short story and a novel.

Everytime you go there, you post it all as fact. Note my bold.

Boy do you have that wrong. Ann Rule does NOT write fiction. She writes non-fiction.

Fiction

: written stories about people and events that are not real : literature that tells stories which are imagined by the writer

: something that is not true

Non Fiction

: writing that is about facts or real events : all writing that is not fiction

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/non-fiction

FWIW - AR's novella comment about RZ being very dramatic was about her journal entries, not RZ personally. AR followed with... it is likely RZ never intended for anyone else to read her journal entries.

That is why we get a glimpse into the real, IMO dramatic, Rebecca. She was not being guarded.

snipped

screecher - IMO, your post above is stating Inp is saying RZ and XZ are liars. She did not. Whatis stating, imo, is her theory about what went down that morning. No more, no less.

Oh. And you did say (and XZ continues to lie), Inp never posted anything re XZ. Still waiting on what you have, that can prove XZ continues to lie. Otherwise, it is unfounded and not allowed.

IP's theory is that other children were there. Rebecca and XZ told police and medical personnel that only they were there when Max had his fatal accident. If IP is correct, then that means Rebecca and XP lied. See how that works?

And since XZ has not changed her story, as far as we know since Max's death investigation has not been reopened, then that would mean that she is still lying - IMO.

But the Zahaus attorney Martin Rudoy confirmed that only Rebecca and XZ were there. And I believe him and what was on the official reports. I do not believe they lied.

I am afraid that if someone read any of my journal entries when I was in my 30's they would have felt I was dramatic. A journal entry can just be stream of consciousness that flows out of you. In many cases it is a way to express negative feelings and thoughts which, once expressed, do not get acted upon. Better to be "unguarded" on paper than in real life, IMO.

We ALL have negative thoughts and emotions. IMO it is ridiculous to use someone's "dramatic" journal entries to condemn them when they have never exhibited dramatic behavior.

A woman in her 30's is an adult, not a teenager. Rebecca certainly was only concerned with herself in her writings. Very self-centered, IMOl

I think her dramatic journal entries are a window into the real Rebecca. After all, what is more dramatic than throwing yourself naked and all tied up off of your boyfriend's balcony while his little 6-year old boy is in the ICU because of your negligence? Pretty darn dramatic.

It's hard to believe it has been 4 years :(.

Thinking of Rebecca and the Zahau family today ((hugs)).

I spent some time yesterday sitting on a bench across the street from Spreckels........people still walk buy, pointing at the house and talking about the woman who was murdered there in July, 2011. Rebecca has not been forgotten.

The house is still owned by JS......there has never been anything filed with the county to suggest otherwise.

Not surprising. IMO he doesn't want to chance the Zahaus getting any opportunity to go inside :rolleyes:. Shame that no one occupies it.

Not surprising. IMO he doesn't want to chance the Zahaus getting any opportunity to go inside :rolleyes:. Shame that no one occupies it.

So much of the house has been changed since 2011, although the railing that Max supposedly went over is still the same height.

Jonah has been busy. The day before Jonah requested an Ex Parte hearing in the Zahau WDS, an order was granted in Max's WDS awarding Jonah $3,301.73 in attorney fees. Plaintiff, Dina, is ordered to pay the sum by 7/26/2015. It appears Jonah is prepared to battle Dina in both suits. The sanctions are a result of Dina's non response regarding Jonah's motion to compel discovery responses. Isn't Dina doing the same thing to the Zahau's in the state suit in her motion to compel? Dina wants to compel the Zahau's to respond further yet she did not respond to Jonah's motion in a suit she brought against him. Dina is still not showing any legal representation in this suit.

Case Information

Case Number: CV2013-009289
Judge: Whitten, Christopher
File Date: 7/16/2013

Case Documents
ORD - Order - 7/7/2015

NOTE: IT IS HEREBY ORDERED granting Jonah Shacknai’s Request and awarding him attorneys’ fees in the amount of $3,280.00, and reasonable costs in the amount of $21.73, for a total award of $3,301.73. Plaintiff is ordered to pay this sum no later than July 26, 2015.

Maricopa County Website:
https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CivilCourtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CV2013-009289

ETA - Dina did file a motion for extension of time to respond. Jonah responded immediately on 6/18/2015 with a motion in opposition to the extension. The outcome is unclear.

MOT - Motion - 6/17/2015

NOTE:
Plaintiff's motion for extension of time to respond to order compelling discovery responses, and plaintiff's motion to grant an evidentiary hearing.

Jonah has been busy. The day before Jonah requested an Ex Parte hearing in the Zahau WDS, an order was granted in Max's WDS awarding Jonah $3,301.73 in attorney fees. Plaintiff, Dina, is ordered to pay the sum by 7/26/2015. It appears Jonah is prepared to battle Dina in both suits. The sanctions are a result of Dina's non response regarding Jonah's motion to compel discovery responses. Isn't Dina doing the same thing to the Zahau's in the state suit in her motion to compel? Dina wants to compel the Zahau's to respond further yet she did not respond to Jonah's motion in a suit she brought against him. Dina is still not showing any legal representation in this suit.

Respectfully snipped: I suspect that Dina was hoping to buy some time and stall Jonah. IMO she is using the Zahau WDS as a fishing expedition. She was hoping for info from that to use against Jonah. She appears to have failed at that strategy.

4 years after Coronado mansion death, Zahau family continues quest for justice

Snip -

The only reason to gag somebody is to keep them quiet obviously, and if Rebeca is doing this herself she knows that when she jumps off, she will have a noose around her neck, and it will cut off her air and she will not be able to scream, “ said Greer.

San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore has argued at length that Zahau’s death was a suicide, but Greer says there is mounting evidence that it was murder.

“It really appears like any piece of evidence that supported murder and didn’t support a suicide theme was ignored.”

More at link - including video

http://fox5sandiego.com/2015/07/14/...ion-death-zahau-family-rejects-suicide-claim/

Why did Rebecca put the gag in her mouth that she could have spit out if she had wanted to? She did not want to bite her tongue and look ugly when found - IMO.

If it had been murder, and not suicide, like it was, the gag would have been tied around her head so she could not spit it out. And I imagine the 15 detectives thought that too.

Plus, they just had too much physical evidence that proved it was Rebecca and only Rebecca that was on that balcony and in that room.

That's all they have and a scream? What Curtis Greer and the Zahaus will need is some real evidence, but since Rebecca Zahau committed suicide he will never have any. Sad he is trying to extort money from Rebecca's victims. What ever happened to scruples?

JMO

Snipped for brevity

“It really appears like any piece of evidence that supported murder and didn’t support a suicide theme was ignored.”

The most telling evidence, IMO, is the contusions on Rebecca's head. It's one of the signs law enforcement looks for when determining a death by hanging was suicide or murder. It's a sign that someone knocked the victim unconscious before hanging them.

Then there's the whole problem with Rebecca's missing clothing and the rare nautical knot used for the noose.

Why did Rebecca put the gag in her mouth that she could have spit out if she had wanted to? She did not want to bite her tongue and look ugly when found - IMO.

If it had been murder, and not suicide, like it was, the gag would have been tied around her head so she could not spit it out. And I imagine the 15 detectives thought that too.

Plus, they just had too much physical evidence that proved it was Rebecca and only Rebecca that was on that balcony and in that room.

That's all they have and a scream? What Curtis Greer and the Zahaus will need is some real evidence, but since Rebecca Zahau committed suicide he will never have any. Sad he is trying to extort money from Rebecca's victims. What ever happened to scruples?

JMO

BIBM1: Well that is one I haven't heard before...didn't want to bite her tongue and look ugly. But didn't mind that she had tape marks on her legs and rope impressions on her wrists and ankles. That is more farfetched than anything I've heard yet. Grasping for straws that are not there IMO.

BBM2: It seems Dina is doing a great job herself of depleting her bank account with what has to be monumental legal bills. She could have proved that she was at Rady's long before this WDS was ever filed. Why is she going to such expense when that is all she has to do?

this one doesn't hold true in my mind, as when a person hangs themselves, they are looking ugly in every other way imaginable, including defecating all over themselves.

Gagging oneself while commiting suicide by hanging is not unusual at all. It is clear that Rebecca put the gag in her mouth herself. A murderer would have tied the gag. Someone committing suicide would just put it in their mouth, like Rebecca did.

This is a report of an unusual suicidal hanging by a 30-year-old male. He was found in his bedroom by friends, suspended from a ceiling light fixture by an electrical cord around his neck. His hands were bound behind his back and a sock gag was in his mouth. A paperback book was lying on the bed headboard. The book contained a detailed but totally inaccurate description of a fantasized hanging which may have contributed to the unusual binding and gagging. Homicide and autoerotic accident had to be considered. A series of suicide notes, however, simplified the case.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7165029

This study presents 17 cases of hanging with some preventative measures, when compared with usual hanging fatalities, between 2002 and 2006 in the province of Konya, Turkey. We observed in 4 cases that the victim had only tied together their hands, whereas in 1 case both the hands (with a clothesline) and mouth (with a plastic bag) had been fastened. In a further case, the oral orifice had been closed using a scarf and in the remaining 11 cases, soft materials such as a scarf, hood, the collar of a coat or shirt had been used as padding against the ligature loop. At first glance, the cases where the victim’s hands and/or mouth were found tied were thought to be homicides. However, an investigation of the death scene, together with the autopsy findings and inquiry data, showed the cause of death was from suicide.

http://www.academia.edu/903627/Prec...g_and_Reducing_Pain_in_Suicidal_Hanging_Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme