Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found in life that the more fearful and threatened one feels, the greater the lashing out. Jes' sayin'

^^^ Is that why the Zahau crowd is lashing out at Dina, instead of taking about the evidence?

Incorrect. A sweet woman would not allow her lover's young child, a son, to become fatally harmed while in her care while at her lover's mansion.

So accidents never happen to sweet people?

I agree there is a lot of lashing out and pointless misdirection happening. At the end of the day, I don't care about anything other than justice. If Dina were the one murdered and it were covered up, I'd want justice for her too. The rest doesn't matter.

^^^^ But Rebecca was not murdered. She committed suicide. This case won't change that. If the Zahaus truly believe Rebecca was murdered, they would have tried to have a criminal trial...not a civil trial for $$$$.

^^^^ But Rebecca was not murdered. She committed suicide. This case won't change that. If the Zahaus truly believe Rebecca was murdered, they would have tried to have a criminal trial...not a civil trial for $$$$.
Lucky Lucy, I am admittedly a novice when it comes to these legal matters, but what would be the avenue for the Zahau family to sue for a criminal trial? Wouldn't a criminal trial need to be brought by the DA and not by individuals?

Please don't post information without a link. It is considered rumor, and rumor posts and responses/references to them have been removed.

:tyou::

Case Number: 37-2013-00075418-CU-PO-CTL
(No new docs available for purchase)

Entry #215

07/22/2015
Appointment of Official Reporter Pro Tempore (David Rhoads, CSR #13508) filed by The Superior Court of San Diego.

Entry #214
07/22/2015
Minutes finalized for Ex Parte heard 07/22/2015 08:45:00 AM.

Entry #213
07/22/2015
Motion to Quash (Civil) scheduled for 09/04/2015 at 01:30PM before Judge Katherine Bacal.

Entry #211
07/21/2015
Ex Parte Application - Other and Supporting Documents (for order setting hearing on Motion to Quash or Modify Subpoena and or Protective Order) filed by Shacknai, Jonah.

Shacknai, Jonah (Interested Party)

https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/

Do you know the year JS and dina were married?

Kimberly filed for divorce in January, 1999, and it drug on for quite some time. The final decree was granted in late February of 2001. So, Dina and Jonah were married sometime after this...........I will try and get an exact date for you. It was a very small ceremony.........

Shacknai has two other children from a previous marriage to Kimberly James. The couple married in April 1993 in Bel Air, Calif., before filing for divorce in 1999. Maricopa County Family Court records show the couple reached a joint-custody agreement in 2001 for two children: a 14-year-old girl and a 13-year-old boy

Read more: http://archive.azcentral.com/arizon...s-death-reported-san-diego.html#ixzz3gelWYlYm

The former Dina Romano was in her late 20s when she met Jonah, the then-40-something CEO of Scottsdale-based pharmaceutical giant Medicis, maker of anti-aging gels and the Botox-analog Dysport. Emerging from a divorce, Jonah was bowled over by the brainy and statuesque young woman, and Dina was flattered by the dashing executive’s attention. “Dina’s a rock star,” says an associate who knows the former couple. “She has all kinds of expertise – Italian poetry, fine wines, all these interests. She’s larger than life, in a very endearing way. Jonah is less worldly, but incredibly smart.” Dina converted to Judaism at Jonah’s behest, and the couple married in 2002.

http://www.phoenixmag.com/Valley-News/boy-interrupted.html

The man at the center of the mystery-Jonah Shacknai, 54-is chairman and CEO of Medicis Pharmaceutical Corporation, an Arizona-based firm that pulled in $700 million in net revenues in 2010 (his salary was $6.3 million). In 1993 he married pharmaceutical sales rep Kimberly James; they had two children (now ages 13 and 14) before going through a contentious divorce that was settled in 2001. "During the marriage and after the divorce, he was always a great father," says someone close to Shacknai. "The most important thing in his life is to be there for his kids.

"http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20523389,00.html

During his divorce from his first wife, Kimberley James, a psychologist said he was defensive and could have some unresolved anger problems. But he added: 'It was quite apparent to me that his children are most important to him and he loves them dearly.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...death-lover-Rebecca-Nalepa.html#ixzz3geknaerV

Please don't post information without a link. It is considered rumor, and rumor posts and responses/references to them have been removed.

:tyou::

Can you please check out post #1429 then for unsourced information?

TIA!

CENTRAL MINUTE ORDER

DATE: 07-22-2015
TIME: 08:45:00 AM

DEPT: C-69
JUDICIAL OFFICER PRESIDING: Katherine Bacal
CLERK: Jay Browder
REPORTER/ERM: David Rhoads CSR# 13508
BAILIFF/COURT ATTENDANT: Robert Trombley

CASE NO: 37-2013-00075418-CU-PO-CTL
CASE INIT.DATE: 11/13/2013
CASE TITLE: Estate of Rebecca Zahau vs. Shacknai [IMAGED]
CASE CATEGORY: Civil - Unlimited CASE TYPE: PI/PD/WD - Other

EVENT TYPE: Ex Parte

APPEARANCES

Kathleen F. McCormick, specially appearing for counsel Mark Vranjes, present for Defendant(s). Marlys J. Braun (telephonically), specially appearing for counsel Daniel Benchoff, present for Defendant(s).

Amanda Fitzsimmons, counsel, is present for non-party and movant Jonah Shacknai.
Now being the time previously set for hearing Non-party Jonah Shacknai's Ex Parte Application for Order Setting Hearing on Jonah Shacknai's Motion to Quash or Modify Subpoena and/or for Protective Order, counsel appear as noted above and the hearing commences.

Appointment of Official Reporter Pro Tempore is signed and filed.

The Ex parte application is granted and the court sets the hearing for noticed motion as follows:The Motion to Quash (Civil) is scheduled for 09/04/2015 at 01:30PM before Judge Katherine Bacal.

Court orders Non Party Jonah Shacknai to give notice for hearing.

https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/face...A-214_07-22-15_Minute_Order_1437670126757.pdf

RBBM - Question? - I thought Atty Daniel Benchoff requested to be removed from representing Dina?

Thanks. That's pretty comprehensive. Without seeing Jonah's motion, I can't know what he's asking to modify, but I could imagine that the SDSO might have picked up something as potential evidence (e.g., computer history, phone records, etc.) that Jonah thinks is none of Dina's business and irrelevant to the case. Jonah's motion isn't available for purchase on the court website, so we'll have to wait and see.

ROA #211 out today.

https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/face...Other_and_Supporting_Docume_1437675106288.pdf

Jonah's Ex Parte Motion to Quash and/or Modify Subpoena.

You are right, AZLawyer, Dina is requesting a forensic copy of Jonah's hard drive along with other items. And as discussed upthread, it also applies to Max's death.

Further as I read into this, JS is requesting that his computer be returned to him first and then HE will produce in good faith any relevant information to the subpoena. I call BS on that one.

Further as I read into this, JS is requesting that his computer be returned to him first and then HE will produce in good faith any relevant information to the subpoena. I call BS on that one.

Sounds a little like... sure you can bring your experts into the mansion before I sell, but only if the SDSO is with you.

Sounds a little like... sure you can bring your experts into the mansion before I sell, but only if the SDSO is with you.

Right! I hadn't thought of that one.

When I read that JS wants control of his computer from SDSO so that he can produce relevant information himself, I recalled way back when he requested a review of Rebecca's suicide ruling with the Attorney General but clearly stated that 'he had no issues with the investigation done' or something to that effect. By approaching his request in a sly, legal maneuver by which the AG had no alternative but to turn down his request, it was all blatant posturing. IMO the last thing he wanted was to open up the review of the suicide ruling but he wanted to save face and make a token gesture.

Same thing here, only reversed from the viewing of the mansion incident, when JS says you can view it but the sheriff needs to be there. And of course the sheriff said no. Posturing again and so very transparent - they must think nobody sees through this stuff?

There are many machinations IMO behind the scenes - including on this one. On one hand, Gore looks good by agreeing to Dina's subpoena (even though it wasn't apparently served correctly - see #211) to turn over the information and, on the other hand, I propose IMO that they worked out what would be the deal breaker which we've now seen so the evidence stays hidden.

My imagination follows: 'Tell you what, buddy, we'll go on record that we'll produce the evidence and then you come back with this objection. Also, isn't it great that DS counsel missed noticing you, old friend? We noticed it but thought we could use that as a great come-back.' All in my opinion of course based on history four years in the making.

Looks like nothing has changed politically with the powers that be. Pretty sick stuff.

Right! I hadn't thought of that one.

When I read that JS wants control of his computer from SDSO so that he can produce relevant information himself, I recalled way back when he requested a review of Rebecca's suicide ruling with the Attorney General but clearly stated that 'he had no issues with the investigation done' or something to that effect. By approaching his request in a sly, legal maneuver by which the AG had no alternative but to turn down his request, it was all blatant posturing. IMO the last thing he wanted was to open up the review of the suicide ruling but he wanted to save face and make a token gesture.

Same thing here, only reversed from the viewing of the mansion incident, when JS says you can view it but the sheriff needs to be there. And of course the sheriff said no. Posturing again and so very transparent - they must think nobody sees through this stuff?

There are many machinations IMO behind the scenes - including on this one. On one hand, Gore looks good by agreeing to Dina's subpoena (even though it wasn't apparently served correctly - see #211) to turn over the information and, on the other hand, I propose IMO that they worked out what would be the deal breaker which we've now seen so the evidence stays hidden.

My imagination follows: 'Tell you what, buddy, we'll go on record that we'll produce the evidence and then you come back with this objection. Also, isn't it great that DS counsel missed noticing you, old friend? We noticed it but thought we could use that as a great come-back.' All in my opinion of course based on history four years in the making.

Looks like nothing has changed politically with the powers that be. Pretty sick stuff.

If Dina were smart, she would have sought the DELTA flight records for Jonah's 2 older children: they were on a 1:46 pm flight from San Diego to Atlanta on 7/11/2011........she also would have had some PIs (I know she has used them extensively in the past) verifying Jonah's "story" about being at the gym that morning, as well as speaking to several of the older kids "Coronado" friends who were also there that morning........perhaps she is catching on now. As they say, better late than never.

From the minutes of the 7/22/15 hearing:

"THE COURT: Okay. I have somebody else's motion
for summary judgment or summary adjudication scheduled for
October 9th. Whose is that?

MR. MATHEWS: Bradley Mathews on Court Call for
Defendant Dina Shacknai. That is also ours; however, that
one we are -- we can move it to that date, if you'd like.

THE COURT: Well, I want to know, are you going
to be ready to have a motion for summary judgment on
October 9? It seems awfully ambitious.

MR. MATHEWS: We are in all likelihood not going
to be going forward with that. That can be vacated.
"

And there you have it. And discovery continues.

If Dina were smart, she would have sought the DELTA flight records for Jonah's 2 older children: they were on a 1:46 pm flight from San Diego to Atlanta on 7/11/2011........she also would have had some PIs (I know she has used them extensively in the past) verifying Jonah's "story" about being at the gym that morning, as well as speaking to several of the older kids "Coronado" friends who were also there that morning........perhaps she is catching on now. As they say, better late than never.

That would mean that both Rebecca and her sister LIED to police about a little 6-year old boy's fatal accident - while he lay in the ER looking like this:

image.jpg

However, according to the police reports, RZ stated that only she and XZ were there. Martin Rudoy - the Zahau's third of four lawyers, stated on Tricia's True Crime Radio that ONLY REBECCA AND XZ were there.

I find it disturbing that you would consistantly say that Rebecca and her sister LIED to police about a child's fatal fall - and that GS and ES killed Maxie..when it is obviously NOT TRUE.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2012/08/13/tricias-true-crime-radio

That would mean that both Rebecca and her sister LIED to police about a little 6-year old boy's fatal accident.

However, according to the police reports, RZ stated that only she and XZ were there. Martin Rudoy - the Zahau's third of four lawyers, stated on Tricia's True Crime Radio that ONLY REBECCA AND XZ were there.

I find it disturbing that you would consistantly say that Rebecca and her sister LIED to police about a child's fatal fall - and that GS and ES killed Maxie..when it is obviously NOT TRUE.

No one said that anyone killed Max...........only you. What I said is that the older children were there that morning, along with many other Coronado kids..........so please stop trying to put words into my mouth.

RBBM - Question? - I thought Atty Daniel Benchoff requested to be removed from representing Dina?
<clipped for focus>

Thanks for the file, Lash. Hmm, so what's up with that? According to both State and Fed dockets, he withdrew as counsel for Dina in April 2015.

Pacer docket Daniel Benchoff terminated April 08, 2015
ROA #154 April 27, 2015 Notice of withdrawal of Counsel [Daniel Benchoff]

No one said that anyone killed Max...........only you. What I said is that the older children were there that morning, along with many other Coronado kids..........so please stop trying to put words into my mouth.

In earlier threads, you HAVE said that GS - and possibly ES - killed Max. That is searchable. And is not true.

According to reports pieced together from several sources, between 6 and 7 a.m. on Monday, July 11, the twice-divorced Shacknai and his 6-year-old son, Max, drove his other children—Ethan, 13, and Gabby, 14—to the San Diego airport for a flight to Phoenix, where they were meeting their mother. Gabby and Ethan hugged and kissed their little Maxie goodbye. It would be for the last time.

http://www.newsweek.com/what-really-happened-coronado-mansion-67411

IMO, if Dina should be looking into any teenager's activity, it should be XZ's - the one that arrived about 18 hours before Max's injuries and was whisked out of town 24 hours later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member