Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
^ No, according to Rebecca Zahau herself. That is what she told Medical Responders and Law Enforcement.

http://sdsheriff.net/coronado/

Or are you trying to rewrite history?

Surely you aren't suggesting she would lie to police about the events surrounding a young child's fatal injuries. Now THAT is debasing.

Snipped.

As far as I'm aware, you can't question someone who is in the grave in ANY color casket, KWIM? So that makes it especially nasty and snarky, IMO.

Let's remember, Rebecca is not on trial here, nor is the choice of casket her family made to bury her in. Rebecca is not the defendant in this civil wrongful death lawsuit. Dina, Nina, and Adam are the defendants named in the wrongful death of Rebecca.

Judge Bacall, IMO, will not allow any of the defendants to hijack this case, and make it about Dina's theories of how Max died. That's not a defense, although it might continue to be very revealing about Dina's altered mindset.

Seems we keep sliding right back to the "she had it coming" plan of defense, right?

I can agree, criticizing either Rebecca's tattooed eyeliner or Dina's skin condition is unnecessary and again adds nothing of value. Where we may differ (?) and I personally find even more repulsive is attacking a deceased woman who cannot defend herself.

Not only unnecessary but ludicrous and illogical. It is patently transparent that by thrusting useless descriptors in comments to highlight asinine things, the hateful poster is purposefully trying real hard (but not succeeding except to make herself look absurd) to divert attention from the guilty parties, namely Dina, Nina.

So I see Rebecca Zahau's WDS is going forward as scheduled despite a poster's meaningless insistence without any concrete evidence that it would be dismissed in Oct 2015...

i see the same old vindictive, contemptible, demon-founded ploy recycling itself by the anti-Zahaus. Good luck to you LL. You certainly need it.

:loveyou:

Please. The tenor and tone of your post...hot pink casket...and every other post you have here, you always insert some debasing, ridiculing statement. Just can't help yourself.

Speaks volumes about the poster, more so than the victim and her family.

S H A M E

I so agree, Screecher! The hateful biased posts only reflects the ignorance and dark heart of the poster and nobody else, definitely not Rebecca (or the Zahaus) the true victims of a heinous, sadistic brutal torture and murder.

Thank you so much for the assistance on WS :) Let's talk about this via email.

So I see Rebecca Zahau's WDS is going forward as scheduled despite a poster's meaningless insistence without any concrete evidence that it would be dismissed in Oct 2015...

i see the same old vindictive, contemptible, demon-founded ploy recycling itself by the anti-Zahaus. Good luck to you LL. You certainly need it.

:loveyou:

vindictive, contemptible, demon-founded ploy???? That is HIGHlarious!!! :laughing:

Sadly, the October dates where pushed to February because of the Zahaus refusal to answer deposition questions which stalled the procedings.

However, this is what is coming up, and the case will be dismissed - I have no doubt about THAT. The Zahaus have NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER, and the Judge has already warned them they need EVIDENCE. That they will NEVER have, since all of their claims are concocted in the realm of imagination. Rebecca Zahau took her own life - as proved with physical evidence by Law Enforcement.

02/19/2016 01:30 PM C-69 Demurrer / Motion to Strike
02/19/2016 01:30 PM C-69 Discovery Hearing
02/19/2016 01:30 PM C-69 Demurrer / Motion to Strike
02/19/2016 01:30 PM C-69 Civil Case Management Conference - Complaint
02/26/2016 01:30 PM C-69 Summary Judgment / Summary Adjudication (Civil)
03/11/2016 01:30 PM C-69 Demurrer / Motion to Strike

Snipped for context-
Sadly, the October dates where pushed to February because of the Zahaus refusal to answer deposition questions which stalled the procedings.

Let's not forget with all this spin, Dina Shacknai's motion to compel the Zahau's was partially denied. The Honorable Judge Bacal agreed -- there were several questions the Zahau's need not respond. Their objections were properly asserted by the Zahau's attorney. The Judge denied Dina's request for sanctions. If the Judge for one minute thought the objected questions were being used to "stall' the proceedings, she would have granted Dina's request for sanctions. Imo, one could argue Dina's own attorneys stalled future proceedings.

From 11/20/2015 ​Tentative Ruling - page 6
4. Monetary Sanctions

Defendant requests $8,391 in sanctions for bringing these motions. The party prevailing on a motion to compel further responses is entitled to sanctions unless the trial court finds that "the one subject to the sanction acted with substantial justification or that other circumstances make the imposition of the sanction unjust." Code Civ. Proc., §§ 2025.480, subd. (j). In light of the mixed results, neither party prevailed on the motion. Defendant's request for sanctions is denied.

TENTATIVE RULINGS - November 20, 2015
CAUSAL DOCUMENT/DATE FILED: Motion to Compel Discovery, 10/13/2015
The motions to compel further deposition testimony, filed by defendant Dina Shacknai, are granted inpart and denied in part as indicated below. Defendant's request for sanctions is denied.

6 pages-
http://www.sandiego.courts.ca.gov/v...-00075418&SelDates=11/20/2015&EventId=1601102

^ Speaking of spin, the Judge really put a big ole wrench in the Zahaus plans to frame innocent people for murder (in a case that was ruled a suicide) by being such a stickler for that one thing that the Zahaus just don't have - EVIDENCE for their bogus claims.

I think it is funny how the Zahau crowd is calling the FACTS of the case, SPIN. Ha! Now THAT, my fellow posters, IS SPIN.

"FACT: Rebecca and XZ told LE that they were the only ones there at the time of Max's accident. It is in the reports."

Rebecca and XZ may have been lying about that. After all, its also a fact that Rebecca said she had to be strong for her boyfriend, lover, benefactor and soul mate.

After all, if you believe Rebecca had a less than character, you would also believe she would lie?

*edit... I would love to see William Dear review this case. That would be fascinating.
*note: we all tell lies... somewhere on a continuum from lies a lot to lies very little.

"FACT: Rebecca and XZ told LE that they were the only ones there at the time of Max's accident. It is in the reports."

Rebecca and XZ may have been lying about that. After all, its also a fact that Rebecca said she had to be strong for her boyfriend, lover, benefactor and soul mate.

After all, if you believe Rebecca had a less than character, you would also believe she would lie?

So was she such a great person to her husband too? I don't call a short relationship affair etc a Soul mate...I dont think JS knows what a soul mate is..Rebecca hadn't been with him long enough to know what they had together. Actions do speak louder than words though, about character IMO.

*edit... I would love to see William Dear review this case. That would be fascinating.
*note: we all tell lies... somewhere on a continuum from lies a lot to lies very little.

Wow, so I guess we really can't believe any of the "evidence" or what was reported by anyone. Someone or Everyone may be lying...imagine that. I honestly don't care what Rebecca's character was, because to me it really does not make a difference. A person's character changes according to who is looking at them. And a person described as having good character does not necessarily always tell the truth and vice versa.

I don't think she would lie to investigators about who was there. If she was to lie about that in my opinion, she would have made sure XZ was not there, or involved in any way when investigators arrived.
All my opinion

Is someone paying the legal bills for Dina in this suit in which she is a defendant?

If she could not afford to fight a suit in which she was a plaintiff... how on earth could she afford counsel that is filing multiple, multiple motions and such on her behalf in a suit which she describes as baseless? She didn't or couldn't pay for counsel in a case that apparently she deeply believed in or she wouldn't have filed.

If someone else is paying her legal bills, is that same person paying Adam's legal bills in this case? How can Adam afford such weighty billings as he undoubtedly has incurred in this case?

How can the Zahaus afford such weighty billings when they only raised a little over $5000 in their very unpopular and unsupported effort to raise funds for the Civil case of on Indigogo? That did not even pay for their slickly produced soft-focus film made to elicit sympathy for their cause of taking innocent people to court in a case that is ruled a suicide..

^^ Regarding "who" is paying Dina's bills in the Zahau case, it's Chubb and Sons, via an umbrella policy. (Which she almost certainly took out as part of her financial planning counseling after her $10 million+ winnings from Jonah after the divorce.)

http://www.chubb.com/businesses/cci/chubb1649.html

http://www.riskinnovationsllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Chubb-Group-Excess-AgtRef.pdf

She listed Chubb and Sons in several documents in this case. Umbrella policies don't pay for costs for plaintiffs (her case against Jonah), only defendants. Which is why wealthy people carry umbrella policies-- so they are protected from every frivolous "slip and fall" lawsuit.

Adam and Nina did not list any insurance providers in case documents.

We discussed the insurance issues and coverage for legal bills further back in this thread.

IMO, Dina is probably pretty "cash poor", from what we can observe in her other lawsuits. She has assets, as we learned from the divorce appeal documents which are public, but they aren't easily liquidated to be able to pay things like attorney bills, IMO. I think she's essentially broke, except for insurance and non-liquid assets. Insurance will most likely pay her attorney bills and other legal fees till this case is concluded, as long as she keeps paying her premiums. However, if she loses, I doubt that insurance will pay the penalty fees. Probably depends on her policy limits.

***sorry, i can't seem to post as a response to anyone as I have no cursor when I hit reply. That is why I just quote you, and then reply after the quote.

"So was she such a great person to her husband too? I don't call a short relationship affair etc a Soul mate...I dont think JS knows what a soul mate is..Rebecca hadn't been with him long enough to know what they had together. Actions do speak louder than words though, about character IMO."

Vacationing with a man you have been with for some time, as well as meeting the children and being photographed regularly at events with him kind of smacks of being a serious relationship. Her soul mate and last love said he was planning on proposing to her. That hardly sounds like an "affair."

If you think she is a killer, its hardly much to consider she may have lied. Same for XZ.

Many people, and it is so common its commonly accepted as no where near unusual, that people will lie for the ones they love deeply and dearly. Si or no?

thank you, KZ... was curious.

And Nina and Adam's bill are paid by whom, I wonder.

Having experienced many legal cases on the administrative side, it is extremely expensive even for the "cheapest" lawyer. And they love to charge for chit chat LOL!

"how's the kids?"

Maybe they should have gone with the 'lets drink some wine' gala. That seems to garner sympathy and money.

How can the Zahaus afford such weighty billings when they only raised a little over $5000 in their very unpopular and unsupported effort to raise funds for the Civil case of on Indigogo? That did not even pay for their slickly produced soft-focus film made to elicit sympathy for their cause of taking innocent people to court in a case that is ruled a suicide..

Maybe they should have gone with the 'lets drink some wine' gala. That seems to garner sympathy and money.

That Gala probably made more than the Zahaus did in their convoluted begging campaign to the people of San Diego.

Plus, I think people are just much more likely to give to a charity that has a mission of protecting kids in blended family situations than they are to people trying to frame innocent people for murder and make 10 Million dollars in a case that is ruled a suicide.

***sorry, i can't seem to post as a response to anyone as I have no cursor when I hit reply. That is why I just quote you, and then reply after the quote.

"So was she such a great person to her husband too? I don't call a short relationship affair etc a Soul mate...I dont think JS knows what a soul mate is..Rebecca hadn't been with him long enough to know what they had together. Actions do speak louder than words though, about character IMO."

Vacationing with a man you have been with for some time, as well as meeting the children and being photographed regularly at events with him kind of smacks of being a serious relationship. Her soul mate and last love said he was planning on proposing to her. That hardly sounds like an "affair."

If you think she is a killer, its hardly much to consider she may have lied. Same for XZ.

Many people, and it is so common its commonly accepted as no where near unusual, that people will lie for the ones they love deeply and dearly. Si or no?

Can you link an MSM article that proves Jonah and Rebecca were "soul mates"? (Numerology sites don't count.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bannosusan5
Back