Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. She did not yet have on the wrist bindings, so just closed them after she hopped out.

2. She did. See the attached from the autopsy report:

View attachment 57259

LuLU2 You attached a screen shot of the SDSO placard which stated "No other foot or shoe prints were seen on the balcony" right? Then how does anyone explain
the NUMEROUS AMOUNT OF SHOE PRINTS IN THIS PHOTO???? Simply saying "no other foot or shoe prints were seen on the balcony" was spoken by someone who is telling an outright lie or has serious vision problems.
http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k378/BeebeeSleuther/Godwin1.jpg

(If anyone can post the actual picture I sited, I would appreciate it greatly.....cuz I ain't blind and there are many foot prints on that balcony!
Also, stating in a press conference, (actual quote verbatim) "This is the best conclusion we can come up with..." makes me wonder why the pressure to "come up with" any conclusion in the first place?

LuLU2 You attached a screen shot of the SDSO placard which stated "No other foot or shoe prints were seen on the balcony" right? Then how does anyone explain
the NUMEROUS AMOUNT OF SHOE PRINTS IN THIS PHOTO???? Simply saying "no other foot or shoe prints were seen on the balcony" was spoken by someone who is telling an outright lie or has serious vision problems.
http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k378/BeebeeSleuther/Godwin1.jpg

(If anyone can post the actual picture I sited, I would appreciate it greatly.....cuz I ain't blind and there are many foot prints on that balcony!
Also, stating in a press conference, (actual quote verbatim) "This is the best conclusion we can come up with..." makes me wonder why the pressure to "come up with" any conclusion in the first place?

I only see Rebecca's prints and the officers.

In the third story:

"A Kentucky census worker found naked, bound with duct tape and hanging from a tree with "fed" scrawled on his chest killed himself but staged his death to make it look like a homicide, authorities said Tuesday.
Bill Sparkman, 51, was found strangled Sept. 12 with a rope around his neck near a cemetery in a heavily wooded area of the Daniel Boone National Forest in southeastern Kentucky. Authorities said his wrists were loosely bound, his glasses were taped to his head and he was gagged.

Kentucky State Police Capt. Lisa Rudzinski said an analysis found that "fed" was written "from the bottom up." He was touching the ground, and to survive "all Mr. Sparkman had to do at any time was stand up," she said."

No, he did not try to frame a specific person, but tried to make it look like someone who didn't like the "Feds". Notice the wrists were loosely bound, and he was gagged - just like Rebecca Zahau.

I think that a $10 million dollar fraudulent lawsuit is just about equal to insurance fraud.

We obviously disagree on what we believe is realistic. The facts are all out there and SDSO proved it was a suicide. It is your choice not to believe them.

Were the wrist/ankle knots RZ was bound with called Shear Lash knots?? If so, I would hardly consider them as "loosely bound." Aren't they used to tie LOGS or PIPES together??? Boy Scout/Boat Captain caliber stuff...
I'm so tempted to reenact this "suicide" this weekend, or at least the rope/knot part of it.. WAIT!! Then I shake my head because I have no idea how to even begin wrapping myself with a rope in that manner. Perhaps cause I'm no Boy Scout or Boat Captain ....IMHO

LuLU2 Are you writing "officers" as in more than one officer or "officer's" as in belonging to only one officer. I ask, because I saw an officer standing on the balcony and another officer standing behind him, at the same time Coronado PD, SDSO and reps from DOJ were supposed to be having a briefing. Do you not see that THREE AREAS INDICATE UNKNOWN SHOE RIDGES, bottom left, mid-right and top left of the photo??

I can clearly see the ridges, but then again perhaps my computer screen is better pixelated than yours? Try enlarging the photo on your screen.....even if it doesn't work for you, I'm sure someone will be able to enlarge it for a jury to see.
LuLU2, sometimes I wonder if your questions are #1) designed to "discover" or "discard" - "disregard" - "dismiss" the questions that have plagued this case for over 3 years? (Your questions simply reaffirm my suspicions about the investigation.)Or #2) question the thought processes of posters on WS? In any case, continue to ask questions because I know investigations/conclusion can be "totally misled."
I for one, am absolutely convinced that sometimes all it takes to solve a case is a "new & different outlook." Maybe, just maybe the detectives got it all wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.
....LL2ready to call it a night for our differences? I'm exhausted, IQ

1. In order not to bite her tongue while hanging.

2. If she had just taken a shower, she would have picked up dirt off the carpet, not put dirt on the carpet. Do a simple test. Get after your
shower, don't dry your feet and walk on your carpet. Your feet will be dirty, the carpet will not.

3. and 4.

I believe she got the ropes and everything ready,
took her shower,
painted on the door,
closed the door,
turned off the light,
sat in the wicker chair,
put on the noose, t-shirt, and ankle bindings,
held the already looped wrist bindings in her hand,
hopped to the balcony turning over the wicker chair in the process,
put the wrist bindings behind her and slipped her hands in holding the loose piece in her fingers,
did a hop like you are going to sit on something waist-height or so,
her left hip slightly touched as she went over,
and its done.

BBM - Where is the alleged menstrual blood in your theory? In my opinion, if Rebecca was having her menses then sat down in the wicker chair to put on the noose, t-shirt, and ankle bindings, etc...there should have been blood on the seat of the chair. Quite a bit of body movement happening in that chair as she manipulated the bindings in the nude. No panties. Since SDSO has alleged RZ was bleeding enough to leave drops on the carpet, I would expect to find blood on the wicker chair.

1. She did not yet have on the wrist bindings, so just closed them after she hopped out.

2. She did. See the attached from the autopsy report:

View attachment 57259

Footprints were not taken. Pictures are by far different than actual prints, molds, etc...Again, SDSO speculated and assumed instead of forensic testing. Consistent with their theory, but not proven to be Rebecca's actual prints. They matched the officers boot print, why not match Rebecca's actual prints?

CNN Transcript - Dr. Drew and Judge Alex Ferrer 9/2/2011

PINSKY: Now, Judge Alex, considering what you`re heard today from both sides, would you pressure them or ask them or hope that they would reopen the case?

FERRER: Oh, absolutely. I mean, just because the evidence seems to indicate that it was a suicide doesn`t mean they shouldn`t go that extra mile, cross the Ts and dot the I`s and sit down with a family and say, look, we`ve done everything we can, this is why we think this, this is why we don`t think it`s that.

I mean, this is the loved one of a family that is very distraught and very suspicious about the circumstances, as I think most of America was when they first heard the circumstances. And I think that a good police department like San Diego should go that extra mile and do everything else they can possibly do to rule out foul play.

PINSKY: And Judge Alex, I would hope they would do that in every case. But here`s a case that`s attracting a ton of national attention. You would think they would want to have every I dotted and every T crossed, and if somebody came up and questioned anything, they should have an answer, because we`re going to keep talking about this case.

FERRER: Sure, absolutely. And I think most police departments do operate that way.

It`s just that, let`s face it, in most cases, things are as in fact they seem to be. In some cases, they`re completely different than they seem to be. And this may be one of those cases where your first appearance is oh, my God, this cannot be anything but some kind of bizarre murder. And then it turns out to be something different.

But just because the police department is convinced doesn`t mean that they shouldn`t go that extra mile to convince the public and to convince especially the family of the deceased.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1109/02/ddhln.01.html

Morning JADE... Mind if I interject "published info"..... only 2 of the 3 families mentioned has a lot of sailing experience.
Either a person has knot tying experience, or they don't.....it doesn't matter where you were born, "American by birth", country of origin or being a "verified insider."
My brother wasn't born in the U.S. Does that mean he acquired some savant knotting skills that no one else ever noticed or used until he was 30 years old?
JADE perhaps I have misunderstood your post...but it seems as if you want the reader to think or are implying Rebecca would have knotting skills equivalent to those who have sailed for over 30 years? (I am not a verified insider, it is not required to give an opinion here.)

I was not addressing opinions but declarative over reaching statements with no attribution.

The role of a verified insider is able to make those kinds of statements with the reassurance that the VI has insight.

It really renders this thread useless for there to be unattributed statements clogging the way such as ‘RZ would not know how to tie the knots’ when there is no basis in fact either by family statement or MSM link.

Or you have to have ‘sailed for over 30 years to know the knot’. That’s ridiculous.

It really does a disservice to those posters who have taken the time to do research and post such thought provoking theories.

Yes, I am asserting that where you grow up is a place where you acquire skills that are sometimes unique to that area.

See making a comparison to a savant implying RZ would have to be intellectually impaired in every way except for tying knots if she were able to do so is overstating.

Eugenio "Gene" - Was born on June 28, 1932 in Lawrence, MA and entered into rest on June 14, 2003 in Palo Alto, CA. He was preceded in death by his parents, Antonino & Antonina Romano; brothers Joseph, Anthony, and Mateo Romano and sister Anna Tranchina. Eugenio spent his childhood in the Bernal Heights district of San Francisco where he met his most appreciated and lifelong friends. He graduated from Balboa High School in 1949 and shortly thereafter enlisted in the U.S. Coast Guard. After his honorable discharge from the military, he started and managed a successful business, "Romano's Moving & Transfer". Following retirement, he lived out his boyhood dream of becoming a cowboy cattle rancher and purchased a ranch in Gerber, CA. Although Eugenio wore many hats in his life and had many successes, his greatest accomplishment was the love and devotion he gave to his family. Eugenio treasured the special times he spent with his family and friends. He enjoyed traditional Italian family dinners, a great game of poker, playing with his favorite dogs Brownie and Sophie, yachting in Coronado, and reminiscing with his family about his "good ol' days with the boys from Bernal Heights". More than anything else, spending time with his daughters and their families always made him the most proud and joyful. His genuine warmth and larger than life smile will be greatly missed by everyone that had the privilege of knowing and loving him.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/ROMANO-Eugenio-Gene-2609170.php

Yachting is different.

There is dock staff and often there has to be a reservation to dock for staff to prepare to assign those to tie up.

In my post I cast an eye at Adam.

I well know his background.

BBM - Where is the alleged menstrual blood in your theory? In my opinion, if Rebecca was having her menses then sat down in the wicker chair to put on the noose, t-shirt, and ankle bindings, etc...there should have been blood on the seat of the chair. Quite a bit of body movement happening in that chair as she manipulated the bindings in the nude. No panties. Since SDSO has alleged RZ was bleeding enough to leave drops on the carpet, I would expect to find blood on the wicker chair.

Lash,

Do you recall whether the wicker chair was taken into evidence? I hope it was, but I remember thinking it wasn't and being very disappointed about that. I had wondered if there might be evidence of tape that aligned with the tape residue on Rebecca's legs. I also wondered if Rebecca might have sustained the abrasions on her back from falling backward while in the wicker chair. Finally, I wondered whether a leg of the chair had been damaged, indicating a struggle. I wondered if that's why it was found toppled over rather than upright. Perhaps it could no longer stand upright.

As always, all of the above is just my opinion.

I was not addressing opinions but declarative over reaching statements with no attribution.

The role of a verified insider is able to make those kinds of statements with the reassurance that the VI has insight.

It really renders this thread useless for there to be unattributed statements clogging the way such as ‘RZ would not know how to tie the knots’ when there is no basis in fact either by family statement or MSM link.

Or you have to have ‘sailed for over 30 years to know the knot’. That’s ridiculous.

It really does a disservice to those posters who have taken the time to do research and post such thought provoking theories.

Yes, I am asserting that where you grow up is a place where you acquire skills that are sometimes unique to that area.

See making a comparison to a savant implying RZ would have to be intellectually impaired in every way except for tying knots if she were able to do so is overstating.

Hi Jade,

I'm not sure about the VI information you're discussing? Regarding the information that RZ did not know how to tie the knots it is out there by family statement via MSM

Zahau's family says the former technician at an eye and Lasik center wouldn't have known how to make the bindings and knots. Wecht said that although it is possible that someone can bind themselves, questions need to be asked about how she came to know how to do it.
"My sister does not have knowledge of that kind. None of us really do," Mary Zahau told HLN's Dr. Drew Pinsky on Tuesday, referring to rope-tying. "We didn't even grow up around water. So the little bit of swimming that we know, we have learned after we have been grownups."
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/09/07/california.mansion.deaths/

I think the poster you were replying to was making the point that while RZ **may have** been sailing with JS during their 2+ year relationship, that all parties named as defendants in the lawsuit had many many years of sailing and boating experience.

ALWAYS MOO

In the third story:

"A Kentucky census worker found naked, bound with duct tape and hanging from a tree with "fed" scrawled on his chest killed himself but staged his death to make it look like a homicide, authorities said Tuesday.
Bill Sparkman, 51, was found strangled Sept. 12 with a rope around his neck near a cemetery in a heavily wooded area of the Daniel Boone National Forest in southeastern Kentucky. Authorities said his wrists were loosely bound, his glasses were taped to his head and he was gagged.

Kentucky State Police Capt. Lisa Rudzinski said an analysis found that "fed" was written "from the bottom up." He was touching the ground, and to survive "all Mr. Sparkman had to do at any time was stand up," she said."

No, he did not try to frame a specific person, but tried to make it look like someone who didn't like the "Feds". Notice the wrists were loosely bound, and he was gagged - just like Rebecca Zahau.

I think that a $10 million dollar fraudulent lawsuit is just about equal to insurance fraud.

We obviously disagree on what we believe is realistic. The facts are all out there and SDSO proved it was a suicide. It is your choice not to believe them.

Hmmm.... so, are you claiming that Rebecca committed suicide and staged it as a homicide to commit insurance fraud? No, no, scratching head, you are claiming the Zahaus are committing something akin to insurance fraud not the person who committed suicide! Per the Census worker, he had a huge insurance policy and was diagnosed with cancer, he was found in a remote area (not nude hanging from an outdoor balcony), no one claimed he had complex knots tied around his hand and feet (it was duct tape and hands were taped in front of him not behind), etc.

SDSO has not proven this was a suicide, believe me, I have looked at all the facts available. I have no reason to not look at this case objectively.

Hi Jade,

I'm not sure about the VI information you're discussing? Regarding the information that RZ did not know how to tie the knots it is out there by family statement via MSM

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/09/07/california.mansion.deaths/

I think the poster you were replying to was making the point that while RZ **may have** been sailing with JS during their 2+ year relationship, that all parties named as defendants in the lawsuit had many many years of sailing and boating experience.

ALWAYS MOO

Thank you!

I had not seen the quote from the family and that answers my question.

Were the wrist/ankle knots RZ was bound with called Shear Lash knots?? If so, I would hardly consider them as "loosely bound." Aren't they used to tie LOGS or PIPES together??? Boy Scout/Boat Captain caliber stuff...
I'm so tempted to reenact this "suicide" this weekend, or at least the rope/knot part of it.. WAIT!! Then I shake my head because I have no idea how to even begin wrapping myself with a rope in that manner. Perhaps cause I'm no Boy Scout or Boat Captain ....IMHO

The knots weren't any type of knot at all. Not nautical knots, not shear lash knots. Just randomly tied. No Boy Scout or Boat Captain tied the knots - just Rebecca.

LuLU2 Are you writing "officers" as in more than one officer or "officer's" as in belonging to only one officer. I ask, because I saw an officer standing on the balcony and another officer standing behind him, at the same time Coronado PD, SDSO and reps from DOJ were supposed to be having a briefing. Do you not see that THREE AREAS INDICATE UNKNOWN SHOE RIDGES, bottom left, mid-right and top left of the photo??

I can clearly see the ridges, but then again perhaps my computer screen is better pixelated than yours? Try enlarging the photo on your screen.....even if it doesn't work for you, I'm sure someone will be able to enlarge it for a jury to see.
LuLU2, sometimes I wonder if your questions are #1) designed to "discover" or "discard" - "disregard" - "dismiss" the questions that have plagued this case for over 3 years? (Your questions simply reaffirm my suspicions about the investigation.)Or #2) question the thought processes of posters on WS? In any case, continue to ask questions because I know investigations/conclusion can be "totally misled."
I for one, am absolutely convinced that sometimes all it takes to solve a case is a "new & different outlook." Maybe, just maybe the detectives got it all wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.
....LL2ready to call it a night for our differences? I'm exhausted, IQ

Good Morning IQuestion, looks like I called it a night before you did!

My bad - I meant officer's. Singular.

Here's the thing - when you enlarge a photo, it becomes much less detailed. More pixulated and blurred. That may cause you to see things that aren't really there.

I only see the officer's one print, and Rebecca's barefoot prints. I believe what you are taking to be other "unknown shoe ridges" are simply lighter areas in the stone. You would not be able to tell the difference in a magnified enlarged photo.

The SDSO were on the balcony. They would have dusted it as well for footprints. They saw it up close and personal. I have no reason not to believe what the ME reported.

This case is already solved and ruled a suicide.

This thread is about the Zahau's civil case, which I believe will be thrown out of court. I find it appalling that they have accused three innocent people of murder - all with out one shred of real evidence. I believe they will end up paying all the court costs of those they have accused.

Hi LL2,
You may find the following 10news article enlightening. My educated guess is the attorney for the plaintiffs isn't talking through his elbow and can solidly back up his statement:
Duct tape residue found on Zahau's legs was not explained in the initial autopsy, and [Zahau attorney] Greer said the knot around her neck is known as a "tugboat hitch."
http://www.10news.com/news/hearing-friday-in-zahau-10m-wrongful-death-suit

The knots weren't any type of knot at all. Not nautical knots, not shear lash knots. Just randomly tied. No Boy Scout or Boat Captain tied the knots - just Rebecca.

Footprints were not taken. Pictures are by far different than actual prints, molds, etc...Again, SDSO speculated and assumed instead of forensic testing. Consistent with their theory, but not proven to be Rebecca's actual prints. They matched the officers boot print, why not match Rebecca's actual prints?

How do you know that the balcony wasn't dusted and footprints taken? TIA.

But just because the police department is convinced doesn`t mean that they shouldn`t go that extra mile to convince the public and to convince especially the family of the deceased.

Snipped by me.

I believe the SDSO did do a through investigation. Almost two months long. And I believe they bent over backwards for the Zahaus.

IMHO, people tend to come out of the woodwork to get their mugs on TV and blab on and on about things they know nothing about. Just saying'.

Hi Zinn,
No, the wicker chair was NOT taken into evidence. Yup, hard to believe... such an obvious source for evidence, which is par for the course in this biased investigation. That chair is probably at the bottom of the ocean or in a dump somewhere, along with RZ's car.

Lash,

Do you recall whether the wicker chair was taken into evidence? I hope it was, but I remember thinking it wasn't and being very disappointed about that. I had wondered if there might be evidence of tape that aligned with the tape residue on Rebecca's legs. I also wondered if Rebecca might have sustained the abrasions on her back from falling backward while in the wicker chair. Finally, I wondered whether a leg of the chair had been damaged, indicating a struggle. I wondered if that's why it was found toppled over rather than upright. Perhaps it could no longer stand upright.

As always, all of the above is just my opinion.

Hmmm.... so, are you claiming that Rebecca committed suicide and staged it as a homicide to commit insurance fraud? No, no, scratching head, you are claiming the Zahaus are committing something akin to insurance fraud not the person who committed suicide! Per the Census worker, he had a huge insurance policy and was diagnosed with cancer, he was found in a remote area (not nude hanging from an outdoor balcony), no one claimed he had complex knots tied around his hand and feet (it was duct tape and hands were taped in front of him not behind), etc.

SDSO has not proven this was a suicide, believe me, I have looked at all the facts available. I have no reason to not look at this case objectively.

HI time, you must have missed my statement, "I think that a $10 million dollar fraudulent lawsuit is just about equal to insurance fraud. I believe Rebecca knew that suicide would not give her family any options to sue.

You have the right not to believe the 100's of people that worked on Rebecca's case. I have no reason NOT to believe them.

DNA and fingerprints don't lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member