Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!

I had not seen the quote from the family and that answers my question.

Here is another quote that shows how gifted Rebecca was with dexterity:

"Blessed with delicate fingers and good manual dexterity, Rebecca trained for and became a licensed eye technician, able to assist in cataract and Lasik surgery. "

http://www.newsweek.com/what-really-hap ... sion-67411

How on earth would her sister know what knots could Rebecca tie? She was 32 - certainly she had done crafts, origami, could tie her shoes, etc. She could have easily tied the knots.

"Blessed with delicate fingers and good manual dexterity, Rebecca trained for and became a licensed eye technician, able to assist in cataract and Lasik surgery. "

How on earth would her sister know what knots could Rebecca tie? She was 32 - certainly she had done crafts, origami, could tie her shoes, etc. She could have easily tied the knots.

The link above is broken. Here it is in case anyone is wondering: http://www.newsweek.com/what-really-happened-coronado-mansion-67411

I could say the same thing of my own tiny sister. She's a surgical dental tech (there is a title for what she does but I don't know what it is off the top of my head). She's hugely athletic, she runs at least one marathon a year and has close to zero % body fat. (She totally freaks me out :biggrin:) Just because one is very good with their hands and are athletic does not mean that they could pull off all of the things to make this happen the way SDSO has explained it. She requires help for most projects involving anything that doesn't have to do with cooking. When she's out of her running shoes she's not all that coordinated and not to spill her secrets but she can't even braid hair.

It certainly does't mean that RZ could tie the knots that were tied. Yes, I can tie my shoes, do some crafts messily (not origami (?) though, no patience) but I could not possibly have done what the SDSO employee did in the video in which she was coached. The video also did not show the knots to the bed, to the noose, etc.

Being able to do delicate tasks with ones hands does not mean that one can do everything and anything with them, and doesn't translate into of course she could have tied knots that are only associated with boating and do all of the tasks that needed to be done to accomplish the SDSO theory.

ALWAYS MOO

HI time, you must have missed my statement, "I think that a $10 million dollar fraudulent lawsuit is just about equal to insurance fraud. I believe Rebecca knew that suicide would not give her family any options to sue.

You have the right not to believe the 100's of people that worked on Rebecca's case. I have no reason NOT to believe them.

DNA and fingerprints don't lie.

I can agree with you there. However, IMVHO the lack of any other trace of any other person on the scene, calls everything into question. Especially on items such as the rope since AS cut her down, certainly his DNA and fingerprints would be on them? No?

Also what in the world was that dryer sheet doing in the room????

ALWAYS MOO

Then let us all pray for a little more discovery and some depositions to clear this nonsense up! If your right , the only losers in this will be the Zahaus. They can be sued for all legal fees, and also Dina can write her story. A best seller novel no less. Can you imagine? Winners all around.

Obviously no dead loved ones would be ideal in a perfect world. But that's already happened.

I want to know what happened to Max, more than I want to know what happened to Rebecca. "What happened to Max" will lead us to what happened to Rebecca.

The link above is broken. Here it is in case anyone is wondering: http://www.newsweek.com/what-really-happened-coronado-mansion-67411

I could say the same thing of my own tiny sister. She's a surgical dental tech (there is a title for what she does but I don't know what it is off the top of my head). She's hugely athletic, she runs at least one marathon a year and has close to zero % body fat. (She totally freaks me out :biggrin:) Just because one is very good with their hands and are athletic does not mean that they could pull off all of the things to make this happen the way SDSO has explained it. She requires help for most projects involving anything that doesn't have to do with cooking. When she's out of her running shoes she's not all that coordinated and not to spill her secrets but she can't even braid hair.

It certainly does't mean that RZ could tie the knots that were tied. Yes, I can tie my shoes, do some crafts messily (not origami (?) though, no patience) but I could not possibly have done what the SDSO employee did in the video in which she was coached. The video also did not show the knots to the bed, to the noose, etc.

Being able to do delicate tasks with ones hands does not mean that one can do everything and anything with them, and doesn't translate into of course she could have tied knots that are only associated with boating and do all of the tasks that needed to be done to accomplish the SDSO theory.

ALWAYS MOO

Thank you for fixing the link for me.

It certainly doesn't mean that RZ could not have tied the knots.

I can agree with you there. However, IMVHO the lack of any other trace of any other person on the scene, calls everything into question. Especially on items such as the rope since AS cut her down, certainly his DNA and fingerprints would be on them? No?

Also what in the world was that dryer sheet doing in the room????

ALWAYS MOO

If Adam held Rebecca and cut the rope with the knife, he could have done so with out touching the rope - just the knife touching to rope. And only Rebecca's prints and DNA were on the rope in the knotted areas - proving she herself did the tying.

Maybe someone had sorted laundry in the room earlier, or it was stuck to the bedspread, or blanket.

Let me ask you - in your murder scenario, how did they wipe off ONLY their prints, leaving ONLY Rebecca's? Impossible, IMO.

Thank you for fixing the link for me.

It certainly doesn't mean that RZ could not have tied the knots.

You're welcome, dear.

Of course it doesn't meant that she could not have. It doesn't mean that she could have either.

This whole case is so ambiguous and complicated. It's great to see a good discussion of the case!

ALWAYS MOO

If Adam held Rebecca and cut the rope with the knife, he could have done so with out touching the rope - just the knife touching to rope. And only Rebecca's prints and DNA were on the rope in the knotted areas - proving she herself did the tying.

Maybe someone had sorted laundry in the room earlier, or it was stuck to the bedspread, or blanket.

Let me ask you - in your murder scenario, how did they wipe off ONLY their prints, leaving ONLY Rebecca's? Impossible, IMO.

Ok, well maybe that could be true, though I'm not sure how he'd steady everything, but that's besides the point. Did SDSO test the knife that AS used to cut her down? Why isn't that in evidence? Did AS leave any DNA or fingerprints on RZ's body, the table, the rope or anything while he was loosening the tee shirt gag to give her CPR or loosening the binds on her hands?

Certainly someone could have sorted laundry in that room, it could have come from the bedspread or the blanket. It just seems so out of place, like that plastic bag. It would be interesting to see if SDSO took pictures of the entire beach house, all the rooms to see if there was similar disarray elsewhere.

It's not ***my*** murder scenario but I suppose they would have wiped off their own prints (maybe with that dryer sheet?) before they pressed RZ's fingers back on to the items. Seemingly forgetting to hit both paint brushes and both knives for some reason. Did they ever find a single print of RZ's in the black paint?

ALWAYS MOO

Simple semantics. Consistent works for me.

I'm glad that it works for you. It doesn't cut it for me.

We've already established we've agreed to disagree and I'm not trying to belabor that point. All of these discussion points are very interesting.

ALWAYS MOO

Then let us all pray for a little more discovery and some depositions to clear this nonsense up! If your right , the only losers in this will be the Zahaus. They can be sued for all legal fees, and also Dina can write her story. A best seller novel no less. Can you imagine? Winners all around.

Obviously no dead loved ones would be ideal in a perfect world. But that's already happened.

I want to know what happened to Max, more than I want to know what happened to Rebecca. "What happened to Max" will lead us to what happened to Rebecca.

I do not think anyone in this scenario is a "winner". I bet you don't either.

We will never know what happened to Max, as the only adult witness took her own life.

Having the ability to write a book about your dead child and the woman who took her own life because of his accident, does nothing to make up for the fact that the Shacknais and Romanos have been unable to grieve in peace for three years because of the Zahaus.

I really doubt that when this is thrown out of court that the Zahaus will even apologize for the agony they have caused the Shacknais.

BTW, if there were any truth to any of their claims, don't you think Anne Bremner would still be involved?

[SNIP]

ALWAYS MOO
Respectfully snipped.

I would love to have seen the entire training process involved leading up to the video, what may have been going on out of camera view during the shoot, and of course possible audio cues.
Slow motion really brings out the amazing complexity of the knot.
The video below slows it down to 20% speed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z33q1piumfc

I do not think anyone in this scenario is a "winner". I bet you don't either.

We will never know what happened to Max, as the only adult witness took her own life.

Having the ability to write a book about your dead child and the woman who took her own life because of his accident, does nothing to make up for the fact that the Shacknais and Romanos have been unable to grieve in peace for three years because of the Zahaus.

I really doubt that when this is thrown out of court that the Zahaus will even apologize for the agony they have caused the Shacknais.

BTW, if there were any truth to any of their claims, don't you think Anne Bremner would still be involved?

Do you think that Dina will ever apologize to Rebecca's family for accusing their daughter/sister of murdering her son?

Anne Bremner--I dont know what to make of that. I think she likes to stay in the limelight and I know was heavily involved in the Amanda Knox case. Her former assistant Martin Rudoy is still on Rebecca's case, I believe, and I saw that Anne re-tweeted the info about the suit moving forward. I don't believe her not being on the case has any bearing on its merits.

Respectfully snipped.

I would love to have seen the entire training process involved leading up to the video, what may have been going on out of camera view during the shoot, and of course possible audio cues.

Thanks cynic. I never thought to look at it at a slower pace. There is no way what the SDSO employee did was simple. Also was there another knot tied after the hands were behind the back?

But just because the police department is convinced doesn`t mean that they shouldn`t go that extra mile to convince the public and to convince especially the family of the deceased.

Snipped by me.

I believe the SDSO did do a through investigation. Almost two months long. And I believe they bent over backwards for the Zahaus.

IMHO, people tend to come out of the woodwork to get their mugs on TV and blab on and on about things they know nothing about. Just saying'.

(bbm in above)
LULU2, Are you referring to Dina's knee/crotch interview on Pat's Personal Profiles, her appearance on Dr. Phil, her appearance on Dr. Drew, the article in the Phoenix magazine--Boy Interupted, her radio interview, the appearance before the Coronado city council, Nina's interivew with Chan8 or Dina's interview with reporters after the city council meeting???
BTW.....Feel free to agree with me at anytime!

I forgot to add the establishment of Maxie's house, the hair cutting fundraiser and the assorted news coverage of the new laws she wants established for the new girlfriends/boyfriends of ex-spouses.....Aren't those examples of "mugs on TV and blab on and on"?????? (Your excellent choice of words, not mine.)

(bbm in above)
LULU2, Are you referring to Dina's knee/crotch interview on Pat's Personal Profiles, her appearance on Dr. Phil, her appearance on Dr. Drew, the article in the Phoenix magazine--Boy Interupted, her radio interview, the appearance before the Coronado city council, Nina's interivew with Chan8 or Dina's interview with reporters after the city council meeting???
BTW.....Feel free to agree with me at anytime!

I forgot to add the establishment of Maxie's house, the hair cutting fundraiser and the assorted news coverage of the new laws she wants established for the new girlfriends/boyfriends of ex-spouses.....Aren't those examples of "mugs on TV and blab on and on"?????? (Your excellent choice of words, not mine.)

No, IQuestion. I was referring to the rope knotting expert, and all the other "experts" that appeared on tabloid-like "news" shows.

I suppose what you refer to as the "knee/crotch" interview on PPPs is what I call a very sad interview by a mother who's lost her only child with not many answers - since the only adult there committed suicide less than 40 hours after his "accident".

Dina knows what she is talking about and is truly an expert. She was was involved in this tragedy, only because her precious little boy was put into a casket [modsnip]. Whether Max's fall was accidental or intentional, Dina will never know, because Ms. Zahau didn't stick around to answer questions.

I find Dina's approach - to put her grief into good projects and good works in Maxie's name to be highly admirable.

No, IQuestion. I was referring to the rope knotting expert, and all the other "experts" that appeared on tabloid-like "news" shows.

I suppose what you refer to as the "knee/crotch" interview on PPPs is what I call a very sad interview by a mother who's lost her only child with not many answers - since the only adult there committed suicide less than 40 hours after his "accident".

Dina knows what she is talking about and is truly an expert. She was was involved in this tragedy, only because her precious little boy was put into a casket [modsnip]. Whether Max's fall was accidental or intentional, Dina will never know, because Ms. Zahau didn't stick around to answer questions.

I find Dina's approach - to put her grief into good projects and good works in Maxie's name to be highly admirable.

LuLU2, I understand your point (bet you thought I would ever say that, huh?) about all the experts coming on TV to discuss their various fields of expertise. I remember hearing (or reports) from Mark Fuhrman, Dr. Judith Melinek, Dr. Robert Bove, and even a lovely woman, an attorney who accompanied DS on a couple of TV shows. So, you are absolutely correct in saying experts appear on shows to talk about tragedies and incidents all the time. Grieving family members appearing on TV with their sympathetic lawyers by their side...Hallier?[modsnip]

I'm thinking 10 million dollars may just be too, low a number for this civil lawsuit.
PS... in my haste to reply, I often use incorrect homonym for cite, site & sight, I know it is irritating, thanks for your patience, IQ

Snipped for brevity.

I do too. She also spent considerable energy, time and money accusing Rebecca of murdering her son. Not "admirable" by any stretch, in my opinion.

Respectfully snipped.

Does this woman also already have her feet bound?

That's not to mention all the other things that would have to be done both before and after knots are tied to accomplish Gore's scenario either. Especially after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18