Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also recall one of the Rady doctors who spoke at the SDSO press conference saying the information he gave Jonah about his son's condition the night of Rebecca's death wasn't new. He stated he'd already told the parents the prognosis wasn't good. He gave the distinct impression he didn't want to be there and didn't feel he had anything to add.

For that reason, I've always felt the call from JS to Becky that night was a ruse. It either never happened or it occurred post mortem or during the attack.

I have a hard time thinking he would go along with such a messy murder or anything that would end up in a staged suicide in the mansion, that just doesn't seem like his style. BBM being the key words. But, I agree, none of them are innocent. At the very least I think Jonah was complicit in covering it up.

I have to tend to agree with this. Whatever his level of knowledge was I can't fathom. The fact that he went to MO to the funeral with a security detail makes me wonder just how complicit he was. I don't believe the fact that he is the only one with an ironclad alibi that night was known at the time of RZ's funeral. We know for a fact that AS, NR and DS have absolutely no alibi for the time frame in which RZ was murdered. JS, however, is on camera at Rady's...but yet felt the need to be protected at RZ's funeral. I don't know what to make of it, we know that JS's phone records were reviewed, we know AS' were not. Do we know if JS had more than one cell phone? Many people do, some for work/personal some because of other reasons. My boss has his California cell phone and his home town cell phone, he maintains residences here and in LA. I wonder if AS had more than one number for his brother.

Jonah's appearance at Becky's funeral was also unusual considering, as the Zahaus lawsuit reveals, he didn't contribute to the cost of her funeral or burial expenses. Pretty cold. Such an act would have demonstrated some respect for her family given their reduced finances and the fact that she died in his home. I wonder if her family had any difficulty in retrieving her possesions from his homes in Coronado and Phoenix? We know that SDSO has refused to return her computer, cell phone and other items taken in their investigation, and JS gave away her dog, but she likely had some other possessions - clothing, jewelry, personal mementos.

I suppose we'll learn more when JS and the others are deposed.

Cynic, thanks so much for your excellent video demonstrating how the knot was tied around her neck. Your work has been so helpful. That's a very complicated knot. It seems impossible for Becky to have tied that knot herself, with the rope around her kneck on top of the tshirt gag. No way.

This is just a general legal question. How many times can they submit amended complaints? At this rate, it could go on forever. The costs for both sides has got to be ridiculous. And I don't even want to know how long discovery could take with this case.

If LE had done their duty when they were supposed to…well, there would be no need for any of this now.

More to the point, if a cra-cra woman hadn't gone over the edge NONE of this would be happening.

Thanks for that.
I think this is huge.
I uploaded a video to YouTube which inserts into the news story two clips of the tug boat hitch or Lighterman's hitch.See @ 1:32 – 2:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmOCO0mBCCc
If someone was researching a good knot to use for a suicide hanging this would not make the list.
There are many simpler knots that would work well and on the complicated side, there’s a perfectly good knot for that – a hangman’s noose.
However, if you were used to making a tug boat hitch as say part of your job working on a tug boat, then it makes perfect sense.
How is this not a game changer?

Also, I happened to notice one of my illustrations (Rebecca’s head injuries) used in the story @ 1:09

That was from my post at:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?148933-Rebecca-s-Autopsy&p=7129111#post7129111

Kudos Cynic! I saw your diagram in the video and thought either Greer asked your permission to use it or you were working with him on the case! It looked like he had a whole presentation equipped with photos, posters, diagrams, charts, etc. ready for a criminal trial! Looking forward to the case going forward.

Thanks for that.
I think this is huge.
I uploaded a video to YouTube which inserts into the news story two clips of the tug boat hitch or Lighterman's hitch.See @ 1:32 – 2:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmOCO0mBCCc
If someone was researching a good knot to use for a suicide hanging this would not make the list.
There are many simpler knots that would work well and on the complicated side, there’s a perfectly good knot for that – a hangman’s noose.
However, if you were used to making a tug boat hitch as say part of your job working on a tug boat, then it makes perfect sense.
How is this not a game changer?

Also, I happened to notice one of my illustrations (Rebecca’s head injuries) used in the story @ 1:09

That was from my post at:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?148933-Rebecca-s-Autopsy&p=7129111#post7129111

Yep. Looks way too complex for anyone to make that tug boat hitch, particularly since Rebecca's wrists and ankles were tied, and there was a t-shirt wrapped taut around her neck 3x and used as a gag around her mouth, choking and strangling her.

If anyone argues otherwise, they must ask themselves, just look at the sequence of actions a supposed depressed, suicidal person must have performed in a short period of time of what 2 hours? SDSO made the ridiculous claim that Rebecca made the acute decision to kill herself right after she heard Jonah's VM (which curiously disappeared into thin air) around 12:30am and her TOD is said to be about 2am.

It is impossible for a single depressed person, let alone an emotionally healthy woman to perform all that in the right order without even searching for the knots on the internet and yet was alleged by SDSO to be watching Asian lesbian anime *advertiser censored* on the computer at the same time. Makes zero sense. If it doesn't make sense and disobeys the laws of nature and physics, it didn't happen.

Someone has got to re-enact the crazy scenario
of how RZ supposedly killed herself. They need to
show how she hopped around with bound feet, a noose
and scarf around her neck, the lights off, etc. THAT needs to be
re-enacted in court. All of her actions.
That would go far in convincing a jury that it DIDNT
HAPPEN!!!

I was initially on the fence about Adam's complicity. I thought he was just a stooge. But now looking at the video of the hitch knot for the noose, I am 95% convinced he helped in the crime.

5% of me still thinks he is still a stooge and was used badly by the other schemers. Whoever called him into town to reside at the Spreckels mansion must have know they would ask him to participate in the murder.

LE needs to check those phone records and text messages of all the POIs named in the suit the days leading to and following Rebecca's untimely, gruesome death.

I also recall one of the Rady doctors who spoke at the SDSO press conference saying the information he gave Jonah about his son's condition the night of Rebecca's death wasn't new. He stated he'd already told the parents the prognosis wasn't good. He gave the distinct impression he didn't want to be there and didn't feel he had anything to add.

For that reason, I've always felt the call from JS to Becky that night was a ruse. It either never happened or it occurred post mortem or during the attack.

Hi Betty P, I don't recall any Rady doctors actually speaking at the SDSO press conference. Can you provide link? I'd like to hear precisely what they said. Thanks!

I wonder if LE ever interviewed DS' boyfriend at the time and/or the female friend who was visiting from Santa Barbara (IIRC)?

Wonder if the Z family have those transcripts/statements/reports?

I wonder if LE ever interviewed DS' boyfriend at the time and/or the female friend who was visiting from Santa Barbara (IIRC)?

Wonder if the Z family have those transcripts/statements/reports?

One would think that they would have received everything. I recall a certain sheriff threatening to "release everything" in the files when he had his panties in a knot about the Z family making noise about this case. I honestly wonder why he hasn't. I do however wonder what "everything" covered in the information that was given to the Z family. I wouldn't put it past them (SDSO) to have not included many pertinent things...like the missing part of the 911 call.

ALWAYS MOO

I've been meaning to research that, so will do. I watched the news conference live and distinctly remember the doctor speaking briefly. I remember him saying that what he told them the night of RZs death about MS prognosis was no different from what he told them the day before, but that parents dont always accept it, and frequently ask him again.

My memory of that is just too detailed for me to have imagined it. Later, when the transcripts came out, I was surprised that part was missing.

ETA to add this is a response to Bourne's comment above.

If LE had done their duty when they were supposed to…well, there would be no need for any of this now.

More to the point, if a cra-cra woman hadn't gone over the edge NONE of this would be happening.

Nothing to add to your comment, BBM above....I just wanted to see your comment again.:blushing: SDSO's ruling of accident & suicide, meant there would be no need to proceed with a thorough investigation....afterall, neither one is a crime, huh? However, I was reading a report that (paraphrased) "the easiest way to get away with or cover-up a murder is to make it appear the deceased had an accident or committed suicide." Any decision other than the ones SDSO came up with would invalidate the premiss of the other, wouldn't it?
Having said that, I was hit with a speculative thought.....wouldn't parents want to make sure both premisses were valid? I watched the interview outside the Coronado city council and I was eager for the Mother to find the answers she sought. I watched Mary's interview and was eager for her to find the answers she sought....... Since the events and individuals are so entwined, shouldn't a reexamination, regardless of polarizing dislike, be a welcome event?
Just asking.....

Someone has got to re-enact the crazy scenario
of how RZ supposedly killed herself. They need to
show how she hopped around with bound feet, a noose
and scarf around her neck, the lights off, etc. THAT needs to be
re-enacted in court. All of her actions.
That would go far in convincing a jury that it DIDNT
HAPPEN!!!

Actually there are several people who have easily re-enacted it. A reasonably fit person can do it.

Actually there are several people who have easily re-enacted it. A reasonably fit person can do it.

It should have been re-enacted at the scene. Someone measuring out the rope (the same exact type of rope), anchoring to the bed, tying themselves up into complex knots, gagging themselves with a tee shirt, tipping a chair over, tip-toeing to and throwing themselves over the balcony without touching anything. Oh, and with dirt caked on their feet and not getting any on the white carpet.

And then turning the light off inside and closing the door from the outside. It couldn't be done and could not be reasonably possibly true.

Oh yeah, they couldn't get access to the crime scene.

:banghead:

Well, Mrs. Gore made a joke out of the whole thing and presented the Chief of Coronado PD a board game that she made, using the names, events of Maxie and Rebecca's deaths, at his retirement ceremony/party in front of 150+ people. She went so far as to read from the box........it was not well received!!!!!!!

Well, Mrs. Gore made a joke out of the whole thing and presented the Chief of Coronado PD a board game that she made, using the names, events of Maxie and Rebecca's deaths, at his retirement ceremony/party in front of 150+ people. She went so far as to read from the box........it was not well received!!!!!!!

OMG, that's horrible. Was this taped or any article written about it?

Where does the Gore's son reside in Arizona? (sorry, forget that, I just thought it was interesting that MRs. Gore said in an article that their son lived in Arizona)

We're talking about the entire sequence of events, not just throwing a dummy made of sand over someone else's balcony and seeing how far some other bed rolled on carpet and floor that is different from the Spreckels mansion.

We're also not just referring to one action done in which a separate video shows a female cop who having practiced for hours is taped for live demo tying her hands behind her back with thin, easy-to-wind-up rope that is wholly different from the one used on Rebecca. Where's the tug boat hitch noose around this woman's neck? Or the t-shirt wound about her neck 3x and stuffed into her neck while she's tying her hands? Where's the rope tied around her ankle? Where's the hopping about a room in the dark with the lights off to get to the balcony? Etc.

Anyway you slice it, no one re-enacted the entire 2-hour scenario wherein a 5'3" woman of a measly 100 pounds receive the notorious, suicide-trigger voicemail, deletes it, then quickly draws up an expansive scheme in her head (note: nothing was drawn out on paper or computer or notepad or cellphone) wherein she proceeds to take a shower, run around barefooted apparently outdoors in the courtyard all naked, getting mud dirt on bottom of feet, obtained a rope, several knives, several paintbrushes, several pairs of gloves, etc. somewhere, then miraculously made a tugboat hitch noose she had never made before with no internet/book searches, tied rope around leg of bed when she could have easily tied it around the balcony and just jumped there if she were really a suicide instead of latching it inside a room re-creating a scenario similar to Max's fall off balcony, wound a t-shirt about her neck 3x taut, stuffed in her mouth, then painted cryptic message "SHE SAVED HIM CAN YOU SAVE HER" on a door in a handwriting that is not hers and much higher than at her usual level for painting, then watches Asian anime lesbian *advertiser censored* on computer, then drop paint on her breasts, then tie her hands behind her back, her ankles, then hop without making prints or leaving DNA on balcony, and at some point also managed to hit herself squarely on her own head four separate times, and also used duct tape on her legs which mysteriously disappears from crime scene...

Note: Sequence of actions I wrote above is likely out of order as I have no clue how any ONE person could have done all this on her own within a 2-hour time frame without literally and physically writing out the plan and drawing pictures to delineate what she had to do in order to accomplish the magical feat of flying off a balcony without leaving prints or DNA.

Unless you demonstrate that entire scenario without someone having memorized steps and practice/rehearsed it over and over again to get a "good take", then I call it pure BS that Rebecca did this to herself while defying nature and laws of physics.

OMG. That is criminal.

THAT IS ABSOLUTELY, SICK, SICK, SICK....talk about being out of touch with reality. Who makes "board games" about the untimely deaths of residents of your community? As an ex-member of Federal LE, one would assume she'd have more social awareness and consideration for the deceased and their families. (I can think of a lot ugly things to say....but I am trying to pass a class on "social sensitivity"......Oh heck, it won't be the first class I decided not to complete.....WHT-TH-F??????)

Inparadise, as always thank you for sharing the info. Did the recipient of "the gift" hold it up and say, "Thank you Mrs. G. for all your hard work and pursuit of social sensitivity. You are the most clever woman I have ever met?" (NOT!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme