Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think Max's death needs to be looked into.This child also deserves justice

Tortoise: Number 18 in your list. I didn't hear that bit from AS, only reference to it from his attorney. I was thinking WTH is that about with AS not being able to forget his father's words. NOW I get it. Thanks!

What do you think really happened to Max? This bugs me a lot. I feel like SDSO's rulings on both of these deaths are questionable.

So going over the message on the door “she saved him can you save her”. Can this be a message to the person who was responsible for max’s Accident. (If there was another person involved). She saved max doing cpr, and now can YOU (meaning the person who might be involved in max’s Fall) save her. Could be a punishment to the person perceived to have possibly really caused MS fall. And a punishment to Rebecca for maybe covering for this person.

On a side note- I haven’t gone over the old articles about the events of the day of MS fall in a very long time, but was it true that JS did not have his cell phone on him or it had gone dead and he ran to the gym and had to run from the gym home and didn’t drive, so Rebecca had to actually call him at the gym? I don’t recall. Does anyone else remember this or have the info about this?

NB did anyone pick up the snippet from the testimony that the attorney ( I believe called Pfingst, ) was trying to contact AS when he was with the police, but that AS apparently told him he did not want an attorney?

Also that JS is helping AS financially with the trial, (alongside the insurance policy)? I was unaware of both of these....

Lezah: Thanks for your in-person coverage! I did hear testimony confirming Pfingst attempting contact with AS but not where JS assisting AS financially (along with insurance). Where and/or at what point was that confirmed?

I recall a suit previously filed in TN by AS vs Traverlers Ins.-- most likely for attorney fees, but there is no insurance coverage for murder.

When questioned about the suicide/hanging by KG, he has a hard time recalling things; but when questioned by his lawyer about other events, his recall is much improved. You would think that you would remember the most traumatic event the best.

Speaking from experience traumatic events are the hardest to recall and the most affected by things that degrade or change memories.

So going over the message on the door “she saved him can you save her”. Can this be a message to the person who was responsible for max’s Accident. (If there was another person involved). She saved max doing cpr, and now can YOU (meaning the person who might be involved in max’s Fall) save her. Could be a punishment to the person perceived to have possibly really caused MS fall. And a punishment to Rebecca for maybe covering for this person.

On a side note- I haven’t gone over the old articles about the events of the day of MS fall in a very long time, but was it true that JS did not have his cell phone on him or it had gone dead and he ran to the gym and had to run from the gym home and didn’t drive, so Rebecca had to actually call him at the gym? I don’t recall. Does anyone else remember this or have the info about this?

Sorry if this is a duplicate. It seems my posts are disappearing. My thought is perhaps She (Rebecca) saved Him (the person responsible for Max's fall) can He (the person responsible for Max's fall) save Her (Rebecca)

His girlfriend is 72?!?!?! And this is supposed to influence the jury how? A man that much younger is going to be far more likely to desire a woman 20 years younger than him...one that he had easy access to, and one who would have rejected him flat out, causing him to be angry.

Greer provided that girl friend a nurse practitioner but what's your source for aging her at 72? I seriously doubt this.

I perhaps missed this in the earlier trial days, but has Greer yet brought up the long delay in having the medical examiner examine Rebecca's body and the possible degradation of the evidence - as well as never having tented her body at the scene? Seems this all plays into a scenario of lack of respect for her and careless control over evidence. It is still the single item that I cannot reconcile any law enforcement agency would carry out so poorly.

Greer provided that girl friend a nurse practitioner but what's your source for aging her at 72? I seriously doubt this.

Seattle1, I was in court yesterday and her age was brought out in the testimony. I did see the girlfriend as she was required to vacate the courtroom and she is a youthful 72 year old.

Sorry if this is a duplicate. It seems my posts are disappearing. My thought is perhaps She (Rebecca) saved Him (the person responsible for Max's fall) can He (the person responsible for Max's fall) save Her (Rebecca)

I think this is as good of an interpretation as any, except the second sentence is can "YOU" save Her. If your interpretation is true -- then it is directed at (the person responsible for Max's fall), imo. My theory is below, but I believe yours to be one of the most sensible potential interpretations I've seen.

To me, this always sounded like it's directed at Jonah. I can't help but to think about Dina's testimony that Jonah said "You should get down on your knees and thank Rebecca for saving his life." What did he say this in response to? Presumably an accusation that she was responsible (either directly, or through negligence). What if people in the family knew it was grim from the get-go -- Adam seemed to, purportedly based on conversations with his dad. Others had to know it was grim. To me, I read the note as "She saved him" (according to you, but not REALLY), "can YOU save her" (maybe you can make a similar non-effective effort, let's see you try). To me, I can't imagine another *you* besides Jonah. So, my opinion is the note would come from anyone pissed at Jonah for saying she saved Max, when she didn't.

On today’s ROA:

1061 03/20/2018 Order - Other (Order Grnting Defendant Adam Shacknai's Motion for Nonsuit [in part]) filed by
The Superior Court of San Diego.

Waiting for more news to follow....

On today’s ROA:

1061 03/20/2018 Order - Other (Order Grnting Defendant Adam Shacknai's Motion for Nonsuit [in part]) filed by

Wholly crap! Granted in part???? I thought it would be summarily dismissed. This is not good.

Lezah: Thanks for your in-person coverage! I did hear testimony confirming Pfingst attempting contact with AS but not where JS assisting AS financially (along with insurance). Where and/or at what point was that confirmed?

I recall a suit previously filed in TN by AS vs Traverlers Ins.-- most likely for attorney fees, but there is no insurance coverage for murder.

My notes sitting in the trial don't reference that JS assists Adam financially - but I do recall him saying in his testimony that JS is helping out with the lawyer fees and he also has insurance . I will tell you that it moves very quickly with attorney objections and Adam was difficult to hear. The judge on numerous times told Adam to not lean forward and speak so directly into the microphone as it was then harder to hear. This judge didn't pussy foot around any issues with anyone - I really like her matter-of-fact manner.

I think this is as good of an interpretation as any, except the second sentence is can "YOU" save Her. If your interpretation is true -- then it is directed at (the person responsible for Max's fall), imo. My theory is below, but I believe yours to be one of the most sensible potential interpretations I've seen.

To me, this always sounded like it's directed at Jonah. I can't help but to think about Dina's testimony that Jonah said "You should get down on your knees and thank Rebecca for saving his life." What did he say this in response to? Presumably an accusation that she was responsible (either directly, or through negligence). What if people in the family knew it was grim from the get-go -- Adam seemed to, purportedly based on conversations with his dad. Others had to know it was grim. To me, I read the note as "She saved him" (according to you, but not REALLY), "can YOU save her" (maybe you can make a similar non-effective effort, let's see you try). To me, I can't imagine another *you* besides Jonah. So, my opinion is the note would come from anyone pissed at Jonah for saying she saved Max, when she didn't.

JS used to tell DS that She saved him from a terrible marriage. He used to tell Rebecca the same.........

On today’s ROA:

What is ROA please

Nothing on the internet about a nonsuit. And no one reporting this...

Nothing on the internet about a nonsuit. And no one reporting this...

kathyn2, I was in the courtroom yesterday and it was brought up during recess with no jury present - thus no broadcasting on it. A WS verified attorney posted upthread what the nonsuit means. I will find the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MisstressNifer