Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The re-enactment failed on several accounts. Because of the position of her legs in rigor it supports evidence given by Philpott that she was hogtied. The bindings were tight, they left marks. Once the line between Rebecca's ankles and wrists were cut, they loosened up. The re-enactment fails to address how little the dust on the railing was disturbed. Rebecca's center of gravity was too low with respect to the height of the railing to go over bound (even if the hog tie is ignored). This was explained through expert testimony in court.

BBM. IMHO, there is absolutely no way that the defendant's lawyers can counter the fact she was hogtied. Rebecca was hogtied by the defendant (and by whomever conspired with him IMO) - the ultimate and absolute denigration to her which continues to today. And no defendant lawyer - no matter how powerful and highly paid - can get past this fact. Good luck defense on this one. I just hope that the jury understands this incontrovertible reality.

The knot expert today claimed that the plaintiff’s knot expert made many errors identifying the knots. It’s interesting that AS said the rope around her wrist was tight, and the defense expert said tight knots always indicate homicide. But he claims the knots on Rebecca were loose and haphazard, indicating suicide. When did the tight knots become loose? Are they nautical or not? It didn’t say whether Greer cross-examined him.

While the lawsuit against Shacknai, a tugboat captain, claims the knots on her body were similar to nautical knots, Chrisnall said they were not.
Rather, he described the knots as haphazard and loose, similar to other suicides he had investigated.
He said he had never seen a suicide where knots weren’t lose and haphazard, and he had never seen a homicide where knots weren’t tight.
——————————

Also on Monday, Dr. Gregory Davis of the University of Kentucky College of Medicine testified that the county Medicinal Examiner Office was correct to call the death a suicide.
Davis called the 40-page report by Dr. Jonathan Lucas, “one of the finest I’ve come across in my career.”

Note: These quotes are from the San Diego Union Tribune, which I can’t link because I hit the paywall and had to access it on a proxy site. Perhaps someone else can provide a link.
”Expert: Zahau knots consistent with suicide”

The knot expert today claimed that the plaintiff’s knot expert made many errors identifying the knots. It’s interesting that AS said the rope around her wrist was tight, and the defense expert said tight knots always indicate homicide. But he claims the knots on Rebecca were loose and haphazard, indicating suicide. When did the tight knots become loose? Are they nautical or not? It didn’t say whether Greer cross-examined him.

While the lawsuit against Shacknai, a tugboat captain, claims the knots on her body were similar to nautical knots, Chrisnall said they were not.
Rather, he described the knots as haphazard and loose, similar to other suicides he had investigated.
He said he had never seen a suicide where knots weren’t lose and haphazard, and he had never seen a homicide where knots weren’t tight.
——————————

Also on Monday, Dr. Gregory Davis of the University of Kentucky College of Medicine testified that the county Medicinal Examiner Office was correct to call the death a suicide.
Davis called the 40-page report by Dr. Jonathan Lucas, “one of the finest I’ve come across in my career.”

Note: These quotes are from the San Diego Union Tribune, which I can’t link because I hit the paywall and had to access it on a proxy site. Perhaps someone else can provide a link.

Yah, yada yada yada. I wonder how much these experts were paid for their appropriate opinion. The fact is one can get an expert in your pocket if you pay them their fee. Nothing here to see except that a billionaire is paying the defendant's fees per Adam's testimony.

——————————

Also from the article...

>>snip

Chrisnall also contradicted earlier testimony from Lindsey Philpott, a knot expert called by lawyers for Zahau’s family.

”He made many errors,” Chrisnall said, adding that Philpott had misidentified knots on Zahau’s ankles, neck, wrists and on the bedpost that held the rope tied to her neck.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/courts/sd-me-zahau-knots-20180326-story.html

Lilibet said:
:laugh: Now, ya *know* someone got big bucks to say THAT one. That is the height of ridiculousness.

Lilibet said:
Well, Check out how tight and non-haphazard the knots around her feet are. Then remember what Adam says: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppRDQ7yfymg&feature=youtu.be He MOVED the rope out of the way to get the pulse...so SDSO has no idea what the wrist ropes looked like. Loose & haphazard, my foot.

Also, now, seven years later with all the finest coaching money can buy, watch Adam's hand when he physically demonstrates working his finger's under the rope for a pulse, that's some tight rope he's describing... Wait, so his own expert just admitted it was homicide, since Adam demonstrates tight rope? Hmmm... MOO and such

Yah, yada yada yada. I wonder how much these experts were paid for their appropriate opinion. The fact is one can get an expert in your pocket if you pay them their fee. Nothing here to see except that a billionaire is paying the defendant's fees per Adam's testimony.

I wonder which knot expert, if any, the jury will choose to believe. I do think it’s significant that Adam testified that the wrist rope was tight and this expert says tight equals homicide and claims they were loose (which he says means suicide.) Defense can’t have it both ways.

Also, didn’t JS testify that RZ knew a knot for tying up the boat, and tug captain AS denied knowing the types of knots used on RZ? So it appears that the defense believes the knots are nautical, but hired an expert who says they aren’t. Again, the defense can’t have it both ways. Is someone perjuring themselves?

Thanks, Mica. :)

Also from the article...

>>snip

Chrisnall also contradicted earlier testimony from Lindsey Philpott, a knot expert called by lawyers for Zahau’s family.

”He made many errors,” Chrisnall said, adding that Philpott had misidentified knots on Zahau’s ankles, neck, wrists and on the bedpost that held the rope tied to her neck.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/courts/sd-me-zahau-knots-20180326-story.html

And, what, 2 other experts say they are nautical/marine knots. Two guys who actually work on ships and boats. Anyone who looks at the knots and does a google search can see for themselves these are not haphazard knots.

One more question: has the defense knot expert ever seen a suicide with the feet tied together and the person had been hogtied? Maybe if it was loose, it was still suicide, even if physically impossible. Heavy sarcasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho