Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was a call logged on JS phone to RZ, but no vm, I contend that is because he didn't leave a vm. Pretty logical. I wonder if he called Rebecca on her phone and Adam saw who it was and picked up. She was tied up and/or unconscious. Was her phone wiped clean?

If there was a call logged on JS phone to RZ, but no vm, I contend that is because he didn't leave a vm. Pretty logical. I wonder if he called Rebecca on her phone and Adam saw who it was and picked up. She was tied up and/or unconscious. Was her phone wiped clean?

I am not entirely clear on all of this, but from what I recall seeing, there was a record of a voicemail being left at 12:30 and listened to/erased at 12:50am. Supposedly, if a call goes to voicemail, there isn't necessary a record of what number is calling in. It *sounds like* there might have been a record of the number if someone had actually answered the call. So, I'm assuming it was a voicemail, not an answered call. Adam would have seen/heard a call coming in & could have listened to/deleted the voicemail later (maybe it was incriminating...).

Jonah said the call was from him, but it might have been from other angry family member(s). I heard rumor that there wasn't a record of the call on his phone. Then again, Greer had hinted at most phone records being on the up & up, so not sure about this part.

Nothing about any phone records have been released, so we don't know who was talking to whom in the hours preceding and following the murder. We don't know what investigators have done--but we know they failed to investigate RZ phone for weeks & I think I've seen they failed to collect DS, JS, NR phones for a significant period (weeks), as well. Did they ever collect NR phone?? Not sure. I believe AS phone may have been collected sooner than the others, maybe even first thing at the scene.

What I wouldn't give to inspect all the phone records!

Or possibly the call was a signal to "let the games begin"?

I'm not Mary, obviously. My opinion: both JS and SDSO have and continue to *shade the truth*. Also imo, neither of those parties expected the Zahaus to refuse to give up their quest to have the truth of RZ's death revealed. From the very beginning, they've been trying to just make her death go away with the ruling of suicide. But the Zahaus refuse to go away, and now the shady tactics used to arrive at the suicide conclusion (by everyone interested in the suicide conclusion) are coming back to bite them on their corrupt backsides.

IMO, in case that wasn't clear.

Edited to add: As to your question of why, imo and as I've stated before, JS didn't want his image or his company's image tarnished. Why the SDSO played along is, to me, the more important and tremendously disturbing question.

BBM I believe Jonah gave a bunch of money to the SDSD. It was mentioned way back when I was following posts at the Coronado Patch. Is it true? I don't know. Ever since Ruby Ridge, Gore has not been my favorite person by any means.

Screams were heard at 11:30. Nina was in front of the house less than an hour earlier. Could she have gone to the guesthouse to talk to Adam and get him riled up about Rebecca? It's something to think about. Have they questioned her about this and if she went to the guesthouse? Probably not!

Or possibly the call was a signal to "let the games begin"?

If the screams happened at 11:30, it seems that “the games” had already begun, since the phone call came later, I think. But that doesn’t mean that the phone call wasn’t part of the cover-up. I’d really like to know what contact AS and JS had that night and when. Also, was RZ’s phone ever tested for fingerprints (other than hers)?

link contains a lot of details about phone calls. News 8 investigated the listings on RZ cell phone log within 48 hours of her death.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15538406/...s-of-zahau-phone-records?clienttype=printable

"...The records document the final voice calls and text messages that went back and forth to Rebecca Zahau in the hours before she was found hanging from a second-story balcony at the Coronado mansion on July 13.

The new call logs reveal that after Zahau's death, San Diego County Sheriff's homicide detectives waited more than a month to power up her cell phone and check for voicemails.

Homicide Lt. Larry Nesbit said this week that detectives decided to wait to manually examine the phone, because they were concerned that operating the Samsung Focus Window Phone might overwrite evidence in the device's memory.

The smart phone is a relatively new model and detectives initially were unable to obtain software to forensically examine the phone, Lt. Nesbit said.

On August 15, a detective finally powered up the phone and discovered that a voicemail left by Zahau's boyfriend, Medicis Pharmaceutical CEO Jonah Shacknai, had been deleted.,,,"

"...The cell phone records confirm someone listened to Zahau's voicemail for two minutes at 12:50 a.m. on July 13, about two hours before her estimated time of death...."

[/B]BBM I believe Jonah gave a bunch of money to the SDSD. It was mentioned way back when I was following posts at the Coronado Patch. Is it true? I don't know. Ever since Ruby Ridge, Gore has not been my favorite person by any means.

We're all speculating here, but as Mr. Greer mentioned yesterday in his interview with Tricia, speculation can be reasonable.

Imo, when an entire sheriff's dept + medical examiner + assorted others in/around law enforcement go to the extremes these people did to position a homicide as a suicide, and there's a multi-millionaire involved who is apparently satisfied that the screamingly obvious murder of his girlfriend has been ruled a suicide, well ... reasonable speculation is that money changed hands.

Screams were heard at 11:30. Nina was in front of the house less than an hour earlier. Could she have gone to the guesthouse to talk to Adam and get him riled up about Rebecca? It's something to think about. Have they questioned her about this and if she went to the guesthouse? Probably not!

Don't know about that, but I do recall NR gave one of the hinkiest interviews ever to some media outlet in which she provided weird pieces of irrelevant information, or at least that's how it seemed.

Yes, there was an interview in which she repeated a few times that she didn't go down the driveway or to the rear of the house. In retrospect, she probably did. Seems very likely she got Adam riled up at that time. It needs to be investigated further. NR flaked out on a poly exam and SDSO let her leave without taking one. Maybe they need to administer one now.

The timeline the evening/early morning of Rebecca’s death continues to gnaw at me (some of this is paraphrased or IIRC):

Dinner hour: Rebecca, JS, Adam and maybe someone else (Luber?) had dinner. Adam and Rebecca went back to the mansion. Not sure what time that was.

9:53 pm – Rebecca last texts her sister. In a series of calls/texts that night she tells her sister that she will be meeting JS the next day and give him a change of clothing since he was staying at the Ronald McDonald House. She seems to be doing fine according to the sister.

10:41 Nina Romano texts Rebecca asking if she can come by to talk about Max’s accident but doesn’t receive a reply. Shortly after that, Nina admits to being at the mansion but did not speak with Rebecca. She admits touching the gate?

11:30 pm - Screams and calls for help are heard by a neighbor which are later dismissed by SDSO.

12:30 am – JS says he left a voicemail for Rebecca stating that Max would die.

12:50 am – voicemail is erased.

1:50 – 2:50 am time of death is estimated by the medical examiner.

6:45 am – Adam calls 911 to report Rebecca’s death.

Rebecca’s dead body lays in the courtyard, uncovered, for 11 hours in full view of helicopters overhead and neighbor’s children. JS never comes to the scene. Did he watch on TV like the rest of us observing how SDSO treated her in death? Did no one decide she should be tented or shielded from view? No medical examiner could be reached to come sooner (story is they were at a symposium).

In those 11 hours, body degrades along with the evidence of her murder.

My thoughts all my own opinion:

1. Assuming Rebecca was not yet assaulted, I surmise that Rebecca may have ignored Nina’s request to meet that late when Nina texted at 10:41 pm.

2. When Nina (and DS?) came to the house shortly thereafter but reportedly did not get onto the property, was the assault already underway and perhaps Nina heard something? Thus Nina was careful in her account of touching or not touching the gate? Was she somehow complicit in knowing something was underway at that point but did nothing about it?

3. When the neighbor heard the cries for help, the assault was fully underway IMO. I assume Nina was gone at that point.

4. Once Adam assaulted Rebecca around 11:30 pm or before, did he then contact JS and they cooked up a story and coverup? JS, being a lawyer, stayed the hell away from the scene. Rebecca is still alive but partially conscious or conscious.

5. In following the cooked up scheme, JS then either sent a voicemail to Rebecca or just said he did. Adam then called the voicemail to cover their tracks. This would mean Adam would have forced Rebecca to give him her voicemail retrieval info or perhaps JS knew this info. In any case, the timeline makes sense.

6. Adam then finishes off the job in murdering Rebecca by 1:50 to 2:50 am. Plenty of time to have staged the scene of a supposed suicide.

I will be back in SD for a couple of days and will be sure to attend at least one day of the trial. I am truly praying that SDSO reopens this investigation.

Justice Be Served - IIRC, in that interview with NR, I think she said she looked through the gate but did not touch it.

Separately, I remember there being discussion about whether estimated time of death was partially worked around things including last phone/computer/printer use and the assumption RZ had used these because there was no evidence of anyone else being present.

WOW. Its now "PRIVATE"

7/27/17 - Neighbor Marsha Alison Video Deposition transcription just added to Trial Overview thread. (This is the latest statement by neighbor and probably the deposition heard at trial today).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic