Wrongful death trial begins. Trial coverage and discussion

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to imagine under what circumstances a person would say he had to take something out of her "f*cking mouth," given the situation. If I'm attempting to give the defendant the benefit of the doubt, I'm definitely struggling with the way he talks about Rebecca. Let's say he had nothing to do with her death, and he swears a lot normally ... I still don't understand how shock or whatever state he was in would lend itself to saying he had to remove something from her "f*cking mouth." She was his brother's significant other, and she was dead and naked ... so completely vulnerable. And he's talking about taking something out of her "f*cking mouth"?????

I wish someone would come forward that knows Adam from a romantic relationship. At his age, there have to be one or two lovers I would think. That could be very telling.

The only closure Daniel Webb will come to see will be closure to the outrageous claim by the San Diego County Sheriff's Department that this was a case involving suicide.

Cynic, Are you concerned that Adam's defense team is heavy with big hitters? As we have all seen before, the truth and what is presented in court can be two very different things.

http://people.com/crime/rebecca-zahau-california-mansion-mystery/

>>>snip

...In a statement obtained by PEOPLE, Adam Shacknai’s defense attorney Daniel Webb said he was disappointed that what he said was a “shameful” lawsuit was moving forward to trial.

“Multiple law enforcement agencies conducted thorough investigations and concluded that Rebecca Zahau took her own life,” the statement said. “There is no credible evidence that Adam Shacknai played any role in this tragedy other than being in the awful position of discovering Ms. Zahau’s body and immediately calling 911. Nevertheless, he and the rest of the Shacknai family has had to endure six years of baseless conspiracy theories, accusations and lawsuits that were eventually dismissed. We are confident that the trial will conclusively demonstrate that the allegations against Adam are false and finally bring some closure to the outrageous claims that have been made against him.”

<<<
Outrageous.
cache.php

Do you think these selfsame people also look out the window expecting to see zebras racing up and down the Pacific coastline whenever they hear hoofbeats?

Cynic, Are you concerned that Adam's defense team is heavy with big hitters? As we have all seen before, the truth and what is presented in court can be two very different things.
No, I’m not worried, especially given the burden of proof in a civil trial.
Keith only has to do the following:
Convince nine out of twelve jurors to agree on a verdict.
Convince them that it is simply more likely that Adam was responsible for Rebecca's death as opposed to the alternative proposed by the defense that she committed suicide.
As Keith stated in your interview with him, the jury only needs to picture the two sides on a scale. If they see his side with as little as a feather more believability, he will have met his burden of proof.
And Keith has a lot more than a feather

No, I’m not worried, especially given the burden of proof in a civil trial.
Keith only has to do the following:
Convince nine out of twelve jurors to agree on a verdict.
Convince them that it is simply more likely that Adam was responsible for Rebecca's death as opposed to the alternative proposed by the defense that she committed suicide.
As Keith stated in your interview with him, the jury only needs to picture the two sides on a scale. If they see his side with as little as a feather more believability, he will have met his burden of proof.
And Keith has a lot more than a feather

Do you know the true number of how many law enforcement agencies that have found Rebecca committed suicide? I keep reading these wild numbers like 14 agencies have investigated this case and all came away with the same conclusion.

Thanks.

I'm trying to imagine under what circumstances a person would say he had to take something out of her "f*cking mouth," given the situation. If I'm attempting to give the defendant the benefit of the doubt, I'm definitely struggling with the way he talks about Rebecca. Let's say he had nothing to do with her death, and he swears a lot normally ... I still don't understand how shock or whatever state he was in would lend itself to saying he had to remove something from her "f*cking mouth." She was his brother's significant other, and she was dead and naked ... so completely vulnerable. And he's talking about taking something out of her "f*cking mouth"?????

I had the same reaction. One doesn’t need any deep insight to see there is something seriously amiss in the statements of both AS and his brother. Actually, I’m not sure whose comments shocked me more – those of AS or of JS. As reported by Town and Country Magazine last November, there was a disturbingly unusual comment JS made to his ex-wife at the death bed of their son. When his ex- asked why Rebecca would commit suicide, he replied, “Asian honor.” He then made the stabbing gesture of Seppuku. Later, in an interview with the Sheriff Department at the hospital, he commented, “She comes from a true Asian background . . . they just look at things differently in terms of responsibility.” It was a surprise to me that these comments were made so soon after RZ’s death. It implied an extremely early acceptance of suicide before the investigation had even been initiated, let alone completed.

I had the same reaction. One doesn’t need any deep insight to see there is something seriously amiss in the statements of both AS and his brother. Actually, I’m not sure whose comments shocked me more – those of AS or of JS. As reported by Town and Country Magazine last November, there was a disturbingly unusual comment JS made to his ex-wife at the death bed of their son. When his ex- asked why Rebecca would commit suicide, he replied, “Asian honor.” He then made the stabbing gesture of Seppuku. Later, in an interview with the Sheriff Department at the hospital, he commented, “She comes from a true Asian background . . . they just look at things differently in terms of responsibility.” It was a surprise to me that these comments were made so soon after RZ’s death. It implied an extremely early acceptance of suicide before the investigation had even been initiated, let alone completed.
I see it as diversion, distancing, deflection and arrogance, in both of them. If you've ever known a proficient narcissistic liar... these are common tactics that you learn to recognize so you don't get sucked in to the lies. MOO

I wish someone would come forward that knows Adam from a romantic relationship. At his age, there have to be one or two lovers I would think. That could be very telling.

It could be very telling especially in light of this:

In a phone interview with News 8, Bremner later confirmed that more than a dozen searches of sexual content – using terms like "raped, sexy Asian girls, and bondage anime" – were accessed on a computer the day before Zahau's death.

"It's important to the investigation because there is an image from anime, and its called bond anime and it shows an Asian women bound; at least her hands are bound behind her back," said the Seattle-based attorney.

[...]

Bremner said Adam Shacknai claimed during a lie detector examination that he was viewing *advertiser censored* on his iPhone just before he walked out of the mansion guest house and found Zahau hanging.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/16083634/...oronado-mansion-computer?clienttype=printable

Snip-
Attorney C. Keith Greer held a plastic-wrapped chef&#8217;s knife in his hands, placing his fingertips on the blade where Rebecca Zahau had left her own fingerprints.

The angle of his hands, he said, made sense only if he held his hands behind his back, the blade facing out.

It was, Greer said, just as Zahau must have held the blade to try to cut the rope binding around her wrists, where her alleged killer had tied them.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/courts/sd-me-zahau-openings-20180228-story.html

Oh my gosh, I didn't even know there WAS a civil suit! I will admit, I lost track of this case a bit, in disgust after it was ruled a suicide. Unbelievable.
I hope Rebecca's family is able to get some closure, and justice from this.

I wish the posts on THM about this case were still available somewhere. She did some brilliant work, debunking the 'suicide'.

I so wish I could get away from work and go to the trial. I got sucked into this very early on... back in the day when Patch was Coronado specific, before the reorg that made it more of a news repository. That forum was a free for all of nastiness. But, a lot of good insights and insider info was brought to light. I can't remember how I found WS but I have always been so impressed with the discussion and really, really good sleuthing. Despite some posters trying to derail and shut things down :) I'm hopeful that this civil suit ends positively for Rebecca's family. How can it not? But, I fear that money and an abundance of high powered lawyers will work their magic. If I were on that jury (and oh how I wish I was), I would be questioning the need for Adam to have such a large number of heavy hitter lawyers and who is paying for them and why.

I've always believed Jonah was at the root of the cover up. Called in Pfingst and got Gore to shut things down asap. The tired old axiom of "follow the money" still holds true. JS couldn't afford to have this all public because of his business and $$. At the end of the day, true justice would be to have the criminal case re-opened and all those responsible for the cover-up and murder have their day in court. But, I'm ok starting with the civil trial. It is a good place to start :)

Where is Adam? (in this picture)

Seems Adam should be walking into court with his entourage of lawyers, right? Instead it is his brother, Jonah. Wow, a picture really is worth a thousand words...or thousands of dollars worth of attorneys. JMO

attachment.php

Attachments

• DB5ED61C-6683-4986-A351-4183C3D9CD96.jpg
    DB5ED61C-6683-4986-A351-4183C3D9CD96.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 296
Curious, did anyone else see the live feed on TV that showed CSI removing the table, they all had zoot suits and booties on. ? I did, I'd like to see it again, but I haven't a clue what network I was on. Cnn is my best guess. This was aired live but I watched them handle the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member